Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (114) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2014 1:04 PM

Jul 2011
Kyrie gets 5 years, 90 million.
Jul 1, 2014 2:40 PM

Dec 2010
So much drama about Kidd, I honestly don't understand why the Bucks wanted him so badly...
Jul 2, 2014 9:49 AM
Feb 2014
Gortat's going back to DC. Thanks for taking him away from the Heat.

Man, I can't stand ESPN's constant dickriding of the Heat even when they're at the same time aware LeBron's on the verge of leaving if he can't get max contract.

I wonder if ESPN takes down their "Heat Index" section the moment LeBron jumps ship.
Jul 2, 2014 12:43 PM

Jul 2013
Nefarious said:
So much drama about Kidd, I honestly don't understand why the Bucks wanted him so badly...

He was done in BK. His friend co-owns team. This is potentially better than the BK job.

Instead of a bunch of ol' guys who I have played against for years. Let me farm and grow with these young players.

I swear Jabari Parker will be a better player because of J Kidd.

Not too sure about the whole Bucks org though lol.

Watching highlights from before Kobe's knee and whether he has explosion or whatever nobody I an mean nobody shots better than Kobe Bryant maybe MJ "Ties", but man when he decides to shoot he does it.
Dr. Sheldon Cooper " It is no way to make new humans. People coming out of people. Some kind of dirty magic show.
Jul 2, 2014 2:07 PM

Oct 2009
entropy13 said:
Oh well, there's really no sure-fire way of knowing how Random and Gunblade really felt in the past, i.e. no benefit of hindsight.

Everybody and his dog/cat/lizard/mouse/parrot were "CERTAIN" that the most likely upset to happen back then was the Blazers against the Mavs...then the Grizzlies won against the 1st seeded Spurs and the Mavs handled Portland 4-2. It would be 4-1 if not for a literally out-of-this-world performance from Brandon Roy (which have never played like that before, and have never played like that ever since).

Then the Mavs are about to match up with the 2-time defending champs...No chance for the Mavs, they always "collapse when the going gets rough", most probably even a sweep...the defending champs got swept.

But because they got swept, rather than the other way around, that Lakers squad is actually a "weak" one compared to having Howard and Paul, despite the fact that they were the same team that won 2-straight championships?

So it's not just hindsight at work, it's also the ascendancy of "what could have been" compared to "what was"...

@hybreezy: Again, hindsight. The 2011 Lakers weren't "tired" before the sweep...after the sweep, they're now "tired"?

After finally winning against the Pacers, the Heat weren't "tired"...but now that they lost the Finals, they're now "tired"?

The only credible way you can determine if the team is "tired" is if for example the 2014 Heat is still the exact same as the 2015 Heat, and then they perform poorly.

But of course that scenario wouldn't happen so you wouldn't really know if they were "tired" or not.

Hype of the team at the time has nothing to do with whether or not the Kobe, Howard, Paul team would be better than the 2011 Lakers.

2011 Lakers had probably the worst starting point guard out of all playoff teams. Replacing him with elite talent in the league is much better.

2011 Lakers frontcout rotation of 3 players over 6'10" was impressive on paper, but dilapidated, especially after Gasol's complete meltdown. Replacing him with THE premier bigman of the league = a big deal.

The reason the Lakers won those 2 championships before was because Kobe was balling out of his mind. Gasol went ham in 2010 too, but Kobe has been the constant factor drawing double teams so that the bigmen could dominate in the paint 1-on-1.

2011 Kobe WAS tired and injured, like hybreezy said. Those to previous championships were definitely over-achieving for the lakers team, as Kobe was entering Jordan territory during then and was keeping the Lakers contenders himself much of the time.

Adding Paul and Howard = adding MVP-quality talent. Paul + Bryant backcourt = 2 of the Top-10 perimeter defenders. If the opposition somehow managed to get by, 4x DPOTY is waiting in the paint, anchoring quality bigmen.

Howard himself would draw double teams like Kobe. Howard and even Oldbe would cause so many problems, especially if Paul is there to run the offense for everywhere else.

I still dont think they'd have beaten the 2011 mavs, but it wouldnt be so lopsided.
Jul 2, 2014 9:49 PM

Jan 2013
Cmon Melo choose to come to the Bulls already so every other free agent can fall into place.

+ I'm glad Lowry is choosing to re-sign with the Raptors
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2014 9:51 PM

Oct 2009
boozer's amnestied and i hear they going after gasol now....

edit: probably amnestied
Jul 3, 2014 3:14 AM
Feb 2014
Always good to see players stick with their original teams.

Rest of the NBA: 2
Pat Riley: 0

:D
Jul 3, 2014 11:37 AM

Jul 2013
Patty's a great guy he could've got maybe 4 more mil somewhere else, but he knows what he has at home. A ring and a championship team.

I personally believe that Gasol is a bigger free agency fish than Melo.

I am not a fan of his by any stretch, but if he can play at least 25 mins, get 10, 12,
and 5 throw in a few blocks every now and again he's a good fit anywhere.
Dr. Sheldon Cooper " It is no way to make new humans. People coming out of people. Some kind of dirty magic show.
Jul 3, 2014 5:28 PM
Feb 2014
Yuugen said:
Thunder are also going after Gasol. I would honestly rather see him in the Spurs. It looks like he would really fit well there.

Glad for the Patty Mills deal. He deserves it.

I really hope the Thunder get him. I'm a fan of the Thunder and Kendrick Perkins is as useless as ever. I'm sorry, but averaging two points a game and bringing "toughness" isn't good enough to be paid millions of dollars. They also got rid of Thabo Sefolosha so that may increase their chances of landing Gasol.
Jul 3, 2014 5:30 PM

Oct 2009
Melo is one of the greatest scorers of all time with an elite game that will last him another 4-or-so years probably. Wiggins and Parker will be lucky to become as good as Melo.

Gasol is a 33 y/o skilled big man but is known for being a Mr. Softee.

Bulls, Mavs, Rockets, and maybe even Spurs are all much better off with Melo. Only the Thunder might find more value for Gasol off the bench since they already have the offensive juggernaut of the league and another Top 10 offensive player in ChuckBrick.
Jul 3, 2014 9:08 PM

Jul 2013
Gasol still knows how to score the basketball whether or not he's "soft" has anything to do with it. Perkins is "tough", but hasn't taken more than 3 jumpers in years, never gets 10 rebs or 2 or more blocks.
Jul 3, 2014 10:19 PM

Oct 2009
You said 25 min though lol.

If you have Perkins and Gasol on your team, you should be starting Perkins since you want to keep Gasol healthy and effective.

Gasol being soft is not that important, but he has had his meltdowns/disappearances (to be fair, any recent struggle was primarily due to D'Antoni/injury). I meant to compare it to melo, who not only is better, but also will give you 27/8 night after night
Jul 3, 2014 10:45 PM

Jan 2008
RandomChampion said:

If you have Perkins and Gasol on your team, you should be starting Perkins since you want to keep Gasol healthy and effective.

Gasol being soft is not that important, but he has had his meltdowns/disappearances (to be fair, any recent struggle was primarily due to D'Antoni/injury). I meant to compare it to melo, who not only is better, but also will give you 27/8 night after night

At this point wouldn't it be better to just start Adams and dump Perkins?

Not for Chicago.
Jul 4, 2014 3:51 AM
Feb 2014
ITT: People thinking an aged Gasol is more worth than Melo still in his prime

You're the first, RandomChampion.

Knicks offered Melo max contract, ohohoho dis gon b gud
Jul 4, 2014 10:32 AM

Jul 2011
Rumors are saying Mirotic will be joining the Bulls next season. I've been waiting for this guy, very excited if it's true.
Jul 4, 2014 11:36 AM

Dec 2013
What players do you guys want to see in the summer league most? As a Philly fan I'm really excited to finally see Nerlens Noel
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Jul 4, 2014 12:18 PM

Jul 2013
[/spoiler]
Gunbladewarrior said:
RandomChampion said:

Not for Chicago.
[/spoiler]

I did say "IF" he can play 25. If they lose Perkins and collison. Let Adams start, Gasol can do 15-17 mins.

Melo is bigger for Chicago and Chicago only. The Mavs, Rockets, or Lakers wouldn't be as great with Melo as people believe.

Dirk is not a dribbler, but he's the offensive ball-dominant player. Melo is BALL-dominant.

James Harden COMPLETELY ball-dominant, Dwight Howard has never played with someone who would space the floor like Melo it would be a weird fit for Dwight.

Lakers. Do I even need to say anything?

While Gasol possibly no longer a starter. He's a terrific rotational big on any team.

These managements be playing more 2k than we do. They believe in super teams first, money 2nd, and chemistry after all the media hype.
Jul 4, 2014 1:39 PM

Oct 2009
Gunbladewarrior said:
RandomChampion said:

Actually yea, it would. Especially if Pau is there too.

Rizeberry said:
ITT: People thinking an aged Gasol is more worth than Melo still in his prime

You're the first, RandomChampion.

Knicks offered Melo max contract, ohohoho dis gon b gud

I am the one arguing that Melo is a bigger free agent fish than Pau...

I only said Gasol is probably more valuable to the Thunder than Melo is.

What I mean by this is that it fills Thunder's holes better. Thunder is not, by any means, in need of elite scorers. Skilled bigman to complement the raw Adams/cumbersome perkins though? That will help a lot.

Yondy375 said:
I did say "IF" he can play 25. If they lose Perkins and collison. Let Adams start, Gasol can do 15-17 mins.

Melo is bigger for Chicago and Chicago only. The Mavs, Rockets, or Lakers wouldn't be as great with Melo as people believe.

Dirk is not a dribbler, but he's the offensive ball-dominant player. Melo is BALL-dominant.

James Harden COMPLETELY ball-dominant, Dwight Howard has never played with someone who would space the floor like Melo it would be a weird fit for Dwight.

Lakers. Do I even need to say anything?

While Gasol possibly no longer a starter. He's a terrific rotational big on any team.

These managements be playing more 2k than we do. They believe in super teams first, money 2nd, and chemistry after all the media hype.

We already agree on chicago

Dallas - Do you realize the offensive powerhouse mavs would become with Melo on top of Dirk and Ellis? Dirk would have a much better time scoring. There is a reason Chandler and Dirk want Melo on the team. They arent winning another ring if Dirk is the best player on the team. Current melo is a better defender and passer than he gets credit for. He had the bad luck of being on circus team for the last few years. Pau would be solid on the Mavs too, though. But the Mavs need a better player to win a championship. Carlisle is no Popovich

Rockets - Melo + Dwight frontcourt = rebounding galore and top level defense. Melo is actually a very good post defender with his quick hands and footwork. Now that he has Dwight Howard over Tyson "I have da flue" Chandler, things wont be as bad. James Harden made it to to the finals when he was paired with not 1, but 2 scorers. This is very good for houston since Melo can turn into the No.1 scoring option, especially come playoff time when Harden is shut down. However, it seems that theyre going after bosh now, who I think is even better fit than melo is.

Lakers - Melo is easily better than Pau for the lakers. If Melo is there to take the load off of Oldbe (who knows what he's capable of now anyway), things like 2012-2013 season wont happen again. What is a 33 year old gasol going to do for the lakers?

Melo is better for most teams than Gasol would be. Melo almost carried the collapsed knicks team into the playoffs last season, in which everything that went wrong did go wrong. There's a raeson Kobe, Dirk, Noah, Howard all want to lay with him.

I do agree that Gasol is an excellent rotation bigman....a rare commodity nowadays. He's valuable, but, in most cases, if you can get Anthony, you get him. Hell, even if he's not as valuable this year, you have him for 4 years
RandomChampionJul 4, 2014 1:54 PM
Jul 4, 2014 1:47 PM
Feb 2014
Maybe I misread it then.

I actually agree with that come to think of it, but I doubt OKC will be buyers this offseason anyways.
Jul 4, 2014 1:56 PM

Oct 2009
yea i was responding to this

Yondy375 said:

I am not a fan of his by any stretch, but if he can play at least 25 mins, get 10, 12,
Jul 4, 2014 2:17 PM

Jul 2013
RandomChampion said:
yea i was responding to this

Yondy375 said:

Do you understand IF?
Jul 4, 2014 2:23 PM

Oct 2009
your "if" refers to your second statement, not your first statement.

and if you want to change your stance to "if gasol gets 10/12/5 in 25 minutes, he's a bigger fish than melo", then obviously he'd be, because those are ridiculous numbers that we really have no reason to believe he'll achieve

It's like saying "if melo puts up 30/10/5 on 60% TS and 32 PER, he's a bigger fish than lebron james"
RandomChampionJul 4, 2014 2:28 PM
Jul 4, 2014 6:38 PM
Feb 2014
Hawes gets $23 Million from the Clips, can't argue that's an overpay if Gortat got $60 Million
Jul 5, 2014 1:33 AM

Jul 2013
Gortat's deal wasn't that bad it was mostly market value. The final two years could be brutal but he also doesn't have a lot of mileage like most big men would at 30.

Now Kaman on the other hand got a brutal deal, dunno what Portland was thinking there.

Anyway, the Heat are running out of FA options because LeBron is holding them hostage.
Jul 5, 2014 6:10 PM
Feb 2014
Isn't that one just around $10 Million? It might work for them, I'm not high on Kaman as a player but the deal could work out some way.
Jul 6, 2014 8:02 PM

Mar 2012
Lebron back to Cleveland, Bosh to Houston. Pls...
Jul 6, 2014 8:25 PM

Oct 2009
SAS just got called to duty by ESPN

~11:30 EST probably gonna drop some news

edit: either that or he gonna scream for 10 minutes without providing any info
Jul 6, 2014 9:12 PM

May 2014
Les Go Dubs !!!
Jul 7, 2014 10:53 AM
Feb 2014
ESPN's sources and reports are so misleading these days.

Today they said LeBron is responding to the Cavs' pitch.

Not sure if srs
Jul 7, 2014 11:05 AM

Feb 2012
Rizeberry said:

Not sure if srs

ESPN will do anything to headline LeCock... Breaking news Lebron opting of heat contract "Trio Opt out" Breaking news Melo set to Join Trio in miami, Breaking news lebron melo kobe set to join forces with the lakers.. breaking news derrick rose was working out in the United center... breaking news lebron enjoying his vacation he caught a tuna.. breaking news Lebron Seeking max contract... Breaking news bosh to join houston on max contract, Lebron to join Manziel Wiggins in Cleveland...

see were im getting at ? football hasnt even started yet espn is one of the worst media coverage
Jul 7, 2014 11:12 AM
Feb 2014
rafi160 said:
Rizeberry said:

Not sure if srs

ESPN will do anything to headline LeCock... Breaking news Lebron opting of heat contract "Trio Opt out" Breaking news Melo set to Join Trio in miami, Breaking news lebron melo kobe set to join forces with the lakers.. breaking news derrick rose was working out in the United center... breaking news lebron enjoying his vacation he caught a tuna.. breaking news Lebron Seeking max contract... Breaking news bosh to join houston on max contract, Lebron to join Manziel Wiggins in Cleveland...

see were im getting at ? football hasnt even started yet espn is one of the worst media coverage

Thanks for reiterating all of this. I agree with everything said. Coverage of this offseason is probably the worst since 2010 pre "The Decision."

Wherever LeBron goes, that'll be ESPN's new favorite team for sure. They'll take down the "Heat Index" section on their website should LeBron leave Miami. Only to replace it with the team that he joins.

Ironic how ESPN assured everyone LeBron's staying in Miami because of Napier and that Wade/Bosh will immediately follow suit and take less to come back, I really wish they'd just shut up already. Now he's going to Cleveland? LA? Houston? That's a lot of speculation geared in too many different directions hour after hour after hour. Wish the reports would be accurate rather than sporadic.

We might as well just deserve another "The Decision" if the media coverage is above sensationalist.
Jul 7, 2014 11:31 AM

Oct 2009
houston offered bosh maximum

bosh would be dumb as hell not to take this

lol heat. sucks that the rockets become serious contenders with this, though.
Jul 7, 2014 11:51 AM

Oct 2013
RandomChampion said:
houston offered bosh maximum

bosh would be dumb as hell not to take this

lol heat. sucks that the rockets become serious contenders with this, though.

That's good. The league is one step closer to breaking the Big Three apart.
Jul 7, 2014 12:32 PM

Jul 2013
The Rockets starting 5 would be pretty dope with Bosh, but the bench might kill them until they get ring chasers a year later (and fire McHale).

But yeah he has to take that, the Heat have literally two players under contract time to move on regardless of LeBron's choice imo.
Jul 7, 2014 1:42 PM

Jan 2008
So it's back to cheering against the Cavs. XD

I think ESPN makes up the majority of their rumors.
Jul 7, 2014 1:49 PM

Oct 2009
Heat just signed Boggins and Granger. Big 3 is done

Gunbladewarrior said:

i figured you were a cavs fan. what team do you root for, if any?
Jul 7, 2014 5:33 PM

Jul 2013
RandomChampion said:
Heat just signed Boggins and Granger. Big 3 is done

Gunbladewarrior said:

i figured you were a cavs fan. what team do you root for, if any?

Bosh may already be gone to Houston. Wade an James are still questionable.
Jul 7, 2014 5:59 PM

Jun 2008
I think it's quite hilarious how sad basketball fans have really become...

If they're not filled with hatred over a player, they're grasping at every single rumor about said player and already drawing conclusions.

I'm just glad I got rid of my hating ways and see extreme sports fandom for what it really is...
Jul 7, 2014 6:50 PM

Oct 2009
@yondy + Alex

I'm just basing my thoughts on the fact that they signed McRoberts (where the hell did i get Boggins from) and Granger as well as losing bosh

can u guys imagine lebron and wade playing with mcroberts and granger?

only chance they have is forming a new big 3 with Melo, in my opinion. and i wouldnt bet on that happening

and yea, alex, i dislike the heat, just as you might dislike the knicks since i'm sure you were around for the late 90s

i also dislike pacers and celtics....and am still butthurt about jordan's bulls too lol
Jul 7, 2014 7:02 PM

Jun 2008
RandomChampion said:
@yondy + Alex

I'm just basing my thoughts on the fact that they signed McRoberts (where the hell did i get Boggins from) and Granger as well as losing bosh

can u guys imagine lebron and wade playing with mcroberts and granger?

only chance they have is forming a new big 3 with Melo, in my opinion. and i wouldnt bet on that happening

and yea, alex, i dislike the heat, just as you might dislike the knicks since i'm sure you were around for the late 90s

i also dislike pacers and celtics....and am still butthurt about jordan's bulls too lol

First of all Bosh is not gone....there are a bunch of rumors on just about every fucking player.

Secondly, it's hilarious how all of you guys (I'm not just talking about you specifically) are getting easily convinced on all of these rumors...

I'm not saying anything about anything until we get full 100% confirmation on things.
Jul 7, 2014 7:10 PM

Jan 2013
Holy shit this free agency blows; something needs to fucking happen. Hurry up Melo and Lebron!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2014 7:28 PM

Oct 2009
@alex

i know bosh isnt gone. but he has to be insane not to leave. he's being offered max money to play on a contender that he fits extremely well on. He can go back to being a power forward and play alongside Dwight Howard.

on top of this, Heat resorted to signing Granger and McRoberts....come on man.

LeBron is bailing unless they pull a super move and get Melo + Wade + LeBron....
Jul 8, 2014 12:55 AM

Jul 2013
I don't see how anyone is getting easily convinced by rumours here.

The Big 3 told Riley to improve the roster, nobody worth a damn wants to sign with Miami without knowing LeBron (Wade/Bosh are irrelevant here) is coming back.

Cleveland has a much better team constructed than Miami does when removing LeBron from the equation, this is an undeniable fact. Money isn't an issue here, plus Cleveland has the assets to go after Love as well should LeBron commit.

Bosh was offered 21M a year to put up 15/6 on a better team than Miami going into his 30s. Logically, there's no reason for him to go back to an inferior Heat squad either.

You really think it's a stretch that both of those guys are gone?
Jul 8, 2014 3:19 AM
Feb 2014
JustALEX said:

If they're not filled with hatred over a player, they're grasping at every single rumor about said player and already drawing conclusions.

I'm just glad I got rid of my hating ways and see extreme sports fandom for what it really is...

It's not me grasping and drawing conclusions it's the way everything is handled. It's not good at all. Remember the Dwight Howard saga, especially the end?

ESPN also assumes quite a lot, their basketball analysts are hands down the worst in all four pro sports behind baseball's. Just a few hours after LeBron to CLE and Bosh to HOU "The Big 3 is slowly coming back."

If they were not sporadically making up stories just to attract attention, perhaps I'd have a little more respect. I understand that's natural in journalism as a whole, but it's annoying when it flips and flops. How come I only see it with basketball coverage?
Jul 8, 2014 5:25 AM
Feb 2014
It's the NBA of course there's going to be rumors, and the rumors are going to get a lot of attention if James is involved. The ESPN "analysts: though, are downright disgusting. I only use ESPN to watch the games, I almost never use it to listen to people's predictions.

That Houston deal is perfect for Bosh. It'd be dumb for him not to take it considering the direction the Heat is going.
Jul 8, 2014 9:19 AM

Jul 2013
JustALEX said:

I said may leave, and I should of said would be wasting his career an last shot at MAX money if he stays with Miami.

Who knows or cares about what Lebron James does. Oh yeah EVERYONE involved with basketball anywhere. Not a fan of his or a hater.

I just believe it's stupid for EVERY ESPN breaking story, made up article, or sports talk show to be talking about a guy who plays a sport like their god.

Yet his decision will shape the rest of free agency.

By the way Alex extreme sports fandom isn't just hate it's choosing a team over another. All the emotions (negative or positive) is the persons fault.
Jul 8, 2014 12:55 PM

Jul 2013
Best player on the planet in his prime becomes free agent for second time in 4 year span, yeah it's kind of a big deal.
Jul 8, 2014 9:16 PM

Jan 2008
hybreezy said:
Best player on the planet in his prime becomes free agent for second time in 4 year span, yeah it's kind of a big deal.

Big deal? Maybe. What ESPiN is doing? Nope.
Jul 9, 2014 4:37 AM

Jul 2013
Gunbladewarrior said:
hybreezy said:

Big deal? Maybe. What ESPiN is doing? Nope.

Nothin else to talk about with the baseball ASB in effect and USA out of the WC, might as well talk about the dude whos gonna singlehandedly influence who reps the East in the Finals next year.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (114) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.