Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2014 8:58 PM

Dec 2012
Such a great and loving episode. So long Pouf.
R.I.P Meruem and Komugi. It was great to see them play one more game of Gungi.
One more episode of this arc to go.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 24, 2014 9:11 PM
May 2014
I felt happy and sad at the same time while watching Komugi and Meruem playing their last matches. The last time I felt that way infront of a screen was when I watched titanic and I was much more sensible at that time since I was a kid. I think am gonna need a full week to swallow all these emotions, therefore I vow not to watch any anime until next week. This is my way of mourning Meruem, Komugi,Netero, Pouf, Youpi, Pitou and Kite.
Yoshihiro Togashi thank you and the madhouse crew for this episode.
Jun 24, 2014 9:15 PM

Feb 2011
Kellhus said:
I liked how in the end, Netero really did win. Not only did he accomplish his main goal of terminating King, he wiped out most of the Royal Guard in the process, almost single handedly winning the conflict. That's pretty badass right there.

Seriously I really hate that jerk Netero for he did to poor Meruem and Komugi, I won't forgiven him for that....... ;_;

I can't stop thinking about this episode, how sad and yet beautiful is Meruem x Komugi relationship really is, their love will always carry on even after death: I'll always will treasure this episode, it's favorite episode of HxH overall: MERUEM X KOMUGI TOGETHER FOREVER!!!!!!
Jun 24, 2014 9:15 PM

Dec 2011
jimjameswhatever said:
So...about the real supreme leader?

That has to mean something later on, right? I smell some weird government conspiracy type shit incoming.

There is some weird government conspiracy type shit incoming, but it has nothing to do with the supreme leader. The fact that the real supreme leader has been in retirement for 30 years is only significant to this arc.

jimjameswhatever said:
MAL threads are so boring sometimes...we get it, you all cried. Rehashes and repeats of the same sentiment get old to read super fast...use the quote button if you have to.../pettycomplaint

Can someone explain the real supreme leaders poem for me? Yeah, it ties into the themes of the chimera ant arc pretty well, but I was wondering if there was any significance in him being the one to recite the poem. Who was impersonating him? Is it important?
It's kind of interesting (and accurate!) how the whole ordeal seemed very distant when explained via the news station. Often times you hear news of some devastating event across the globe but our apathy prevents us from truly caring. We "like" things on facebook, share them to "spread the word" but do we has humans truly try to make the world a better place, or are we just trying to survive within the boundaries of society?
I love this arc so much.

Here are the pages from the manga:
http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/44/28-315.0/compressed/e315.16.jpg?v=11315439051
http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/44/28-315.0/compressed/e315.17.jpg?v=11315439051

I think the poem has to do with how humans live. Very simply, it is too long to devote to the basic needs of survival, and yet too short to actually accomplish anything of worth. In the end, humans live agonized (or, in contrast, happily unfulfilled) lives filled with love, pain, hope, sorrow etc.... and yet those things come from very simple parts of life.

The significance of Diego being the one to recite comes from him being a direct parallel to Meruem...
Meruem was an all-powerful, near-omnipotent king that no one could match... and yet, he didn't realize what was truly important in life (the RG and Komugi) until his death was assured.
In comparison, Diego was also an all-powerful king-of-sorts (being a dictator). Yet he quietly left behind his rich, powerful, political existence in favour of the simple life, where he is peaceful and happy.

I don't know who was impersonating him. (Does it matter? He's dead.)
It isn't important outside of this arc... or at the very least, Togashi has not mentioned the importance of this character outside of this arc.

I think humans try (but not always succeed) to make the world a better place for themselves... but what's better for themselves isn't necessarily what's best for everyone, fair to everyone, or even a morally justifiable thing to do.
Anyway, society controls so much of our behaviour by giving us an expectation of how the world is supposed to work. It takes an incredible individual to push the boundaries of society.
Jun 24, 2014 9:28 PM

Sep 2011
Hmm... so that's it. ^_^

---------------------------------------------

Anyone else thinks that the ending could have been better if Gon used a super-jajanken to obliterate the King's ass? ^_^
Jun 24, 2014 9:30 PM

May 2013
Profound.

That’s the word that most repeatedly echoed in my mind throughout this episode. There were other words too: beautiful, spectacular, heart-wrenching, tragic, genius. I don’t think can do this episode justice, or the Chimera Ant arc as a whole, but I’ll try anyways. This arc deserves it.

First things first; I cried. Not outright sobbing, as that almost never happens to me, but I had tears rolling down my face and a had a genuinely difficult time keeping my composure. I thought I was prepared for what was coming, but the actual event had a far greater impact on me that I had anticipated. The King dying I was prepared for, but Komugi too? It was almost too much to handle. I think it’s incredible that Togashi and Madhouse were able to make me feel so deeply for these two characters despite the fact that one of them was introduced right before the invasion and the other was born a maniacal, apathetic killer. It’s writing at its finest, and a testament to Togashi’s genius, which this episode had plenty of.
Palm’s scene with Meruem in the beginning was incredible. It had quite the emotional wallop, despite being part of the build-up to the actual climax of the episode. Palm’s denial of what she knew had somehow become true, and her realization of just how human the Ants had become, echoes that of Knuckle’s, Killua’s, Netero’s, and etc. What makes the scene so fascinating was that it was a Chimera Ant this time, not a human. Palm is part Ant; a feeling of kinship to the King is literally built into her, which is why his kneeling before her horrified her so much. The duality of the Chimera Ants that was so prominent throughout this arc s alluded to here: Palm’s human side can’t comprehend Meruem’s compassionate and humble actions, trying to convince itself that it’s all a lie. Palm’s Ant side is horrified by the King’s humility, by the fact that her mighty King would humiliate himself by kneeling before her. Her conflicting feelings are so strong they move her to tears. It was a magnificent moment for both of them.

The small bit with the reaction of the remainder of the world to the havoc of the Invasion was fanastic. I certainly wasn’t expecting, but I’m glad Togashi included it as it put the whole situation into perspective and underlined the sheer tragedy of the whole situation. The Invasion was the embodiment of chaos, with millions of lives at stake. It was full of huge moments that either transformed or ended people’s lives forever. Yet, in the greater scheme of things, it was just another strange incident in a world full of them. No one besides those who were present will ever know the full extent of what happened in that one night: the evolution, and destruction, of an entire species. The world moves on, the dirty Hunter organization politics continued, and in a society so preoccupied with the chaotic, random nature of life, Netero’s will is almost forgotten.

I was a bit confused the first time I watched the rather odd (but poignant) scene with the real Diego, rocking silently on his porch with his dog. The purpose of showing us this isn’t immediately clear, nor is what is being said, but I think I understood it better on second viewing.

“In every age, there will be good humans and bad humans. Human life is too long to devote to reproduction, yet too short to devote to learning, in the helix of time. Perhaps that is why humans succumb to desire and seek release. Despite the fact that life is complete with the sun, the land, and poetry.”

The first sentence serves as a thesis of sorts for the rest of the statement. There are good people and bad people in every generation; Togashi may have emphasized how much worse we are than the Ants, but he doesn’t believe that we are inherently evil. What decides our paths in life, our morality, is what we desire. The two things mentioned here, reproduction and learning, we share with the Chimera Ants. What separated them from us from the start was that they had the capacity to do with that what we humans can’t, thanks to their unnaturally fast evolution. The Queen devoted her entire life to reproduction; her son Meruuem devoted his entire life to learning. Most of humanity does neither, and so ends up falling into an abyss of hopeless living. Humans simply desire to get whatever they want within the short lifespans they have.

Desire as an integral part of the human condition was brought up by Meruem back when he began his Gungi matches against Komugi, and it’s been a recurring theme ever since, and arguably since before. The entire Chimera Ant arc was, on a fundamental level, driven by the different desires of its many characters. That is what instigated the copious amounts of conflicts in the first place. Initially, the Ants had no reason for living outside of bringing food to their Queen. As they grew more individualistic and developed distinct identities, their personal desires interfered with their mission, and the Chimera Ant infrastructure shattered as a result. Some desired to be King, others to do whatever they pleased, whether it was hunting, playing, etc. The humans in the arc were motivated by their own personal reasons, whether it was vengeance or saving the human race, or just challenging a worthy opponent. All the humans and Ants were motivated by desire, and yet some were far better on a ethical level than others, or just better creatures in general. Our desires shape who we are, and that comes down to what exactly it is we want.

Faced with a short life and limited capability to achieve within that allotted time, most humans simply choose to live in ignorance for the sake of satiating their own selfish wants. It is why world peace has never been achieved, why the Ants collapsed in the end, and why there is so much cruelty in the world. The rich want to get richer, the politicians want to secure more power, etc, and so the less fortunate suffer for their sake. Netero, in this very arc, was basically used by the world’s leaders to get rid of a threat that would leave them blameless and the Hunter organization framed. That was the purpose of the montage of the beginning of episode 134.

The King told Palm in the beginning of the episode that he only desired to see Komugi. When he asked Komugi what she desired during their game, she simply said that she wished for yet another game. Those simple, pure wants are contrasted with the harsh and sometimes downright vicious desires of others, and indeed of much of humanity. And, interestingly, Meruem and Komugi devoted the majority of their lives learning, becoming wiser and wiser, and their motivations were all the better for it. In the end, the real Diego likely gave up his position of authority for a secure recluse to get away from the responsibility of it and live a simple life. Humanity is blessed with a beautiful world to live in with a vast array of resources, but is so caught up in its trifling battles and self-centered views that it misses on the bounties that it could have had. We evolve and reach greater heights, but that evolution is only used to cause further devastation to numerous lives.

Someone already posted a brilliant analysis on the meaning of Meruem and Komugi’s last game, as well as the meaning behind his name, so I won’t spend time talking about that. Honestly, the last minutes of this episode with Komugi and Meruem speak for themselves, and trying to describe them would only detract from their greatness. Heartfelt, poignant, and stunningly beautiful, it’s some of the best anime I’ve ever had the privilege of viewing. The King and Komugi achieve eternal happiness together, blind yet blissful in death. It’s the perfect ending to the Chimera Ant arc, and I couldn’t have asked for more.

The Chimera Ant arc wasn’t perfect; the pacing at times could have been better, the Phantom Troupe two-parter was of significantly weaker quality in relation to the rest of the arc and sticks out liken a sore thumb, and the Killua-needle-in-the-head plot point still doesn’t sit completely well with me. However, those are minor quibbles in the grand scheme of things, and are overshadowed by the almost unbelievable brilliance of the arc. Coming off of the exhilarating fun of Greed Island, Chimera Ant’s rather unoriginal premise of giant insects taking over the world seemed a bit dull, and the first few episodes interested me a bit but didn’t grab me. It was only when the themes of identity and individualism began showing themselves a few episodes in that I was on board, and completely invested by the time Pitou was introduced. From there the story became more and more brilliant, before eventually becoming my favorite arc in any battle shonen, and one of my all-time favorite arcs in anything ever.

Chimera Ant is a controversial arc, and it comes as no surprise that it is. It has some very unorthodox storytelling and Togashi made some very odd story decisions. The infamous narration is one, as is the use of a bomb to kill the antagonist, etc. You either love it or hate it. What can’t be denied, though, is its ambition. Suffice to say no shonen writer has ever attempted something on this level before, a tale of epic proportions with tons of well-developed characters that aims not only to tell a thrilling story but also give some genuinely profound insights on the nature of humanity itself. It’s so far removed from almost anything I’ve seen in a battle shonen that to classify it as such seems to almost be a disservice. Togashi systematically deconstructed nearly every shonen trope in the book in a way that flowed organically with the story, and ruthlessly portrayed the unrelenting brutality of a world that finally broke its protagonist. Chimera Ant was the climax of Gon’s story, and it achieved its goal spectacularly. Thematically consistent, morally complex, carefully plotted, ambitious, and populated by diverse, three-dimensional characters, it’s a masterpiece in every sense of the world, and I am so thankful that Togashi and Madhouse made its existence a reality; the first for writing it, the second for animating it. The anime/manga world’s a better place for it, so thank you, Togashi and Mdhouse. It’s been a fantastic ride.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Jun 24, 2014 9:34 PM

Nov 2011
Yea well Netero pulled a card on everyone, indeed. But I'm not sure I actually agreed to his attitude. Or maybe I just didn't understand it. The thing about "ants should know their place". Because the author somehow intended to make the ants more human in the end and especially considering Palm's reaction in this episode: she was more human now, as half ant, than she ever was as an actual human person. But from this point of view, Netero died kind of narrow minded. Or that's just how I remember him which is kind of hmm....

I was almost laughing diabolically when I saw Pouf dead. Damn was he annoying?! and his stupid chibis I'm so glad I don't have to see those incredibly annoying faces ever again. Kinda disappointed he didn't really got a serious beating in the end.
Jun 24, 2014 9:35 PM

May 2012
DalPuri said:
On Palm:
So many people are focused on Meruem and Komugi that I don't think anyone paid attention Palm's dilemma in this episode.
-Palm is frustrated when Meruem doesn't act the way she expects. She expects Meruem to be a cruel individual who abuses human lives... But the fact that Meruem is asking her peacefully and politely to reunite him with Komugi baffles Palm. Palm initially doubts the changes in reality of Meruem's character, trying to convince herself that it's a trick, or that he's lying... but her arguments become moot as she realizes that an individual as powerful as the King doesn't need tricks or lies. He already knows death is approaching, he has nothing to lose, and nothing to hide.
-Palm stops Meruem from kneeling. Although Meruem never does it, I think he was going to prostrate himself (in a Japanese kowtow) to ask for Palms help. The fact that Palm stops him suggests that a part of her thinks the King should act like a King. The fact that he would lower himself for Komugi says something about him, and Palm understands. It makes sense that during her "metamorphosis" Pouf and Pitou would pre-program her to be loyal to the King. While most of her loyalty would have died when her emotions returned, some of it may still remain. Ants are still biologically hardwired to be loyal to the King/Queen... even if the human parts dilute it.
-Palm is conflicted. The cruel enemy that massacred a nation and took away her humanity is asking to die peacefully beside Komugi. Meruem was not who she expected him to be, and in the end she sympathizes with him.
The fact that she got a glimpse at Meruem's last moments makes her quite special,don't you think?

On Pouf:
TheDodo said:

Yeah that was priceless. It looks like he died just after The King left him, he's the biggest loser among the K+RGs:
- Pitou was fairly happy Gon was focused on her and not the King when she died.
- Yupi's death was nice and short.
- The King died while playing Gungi with his GF.
- Then pouf died just after all his plans were defeated, and it seemed to have been slow considering the blood trail.

I think Pouf's death is quite sad because he dies so pathetically. Pouf is clearly the most ambitious of the RG. He was always so ardent about the dangers that Komugi girl would present to the King, and always dreamed of an ideal Ant kingdom. His short life (he was only a few months old, yeesh!) was devoted to serving the King's needs and wants... and in the end, he failed. The King accepted his death with all the grace that Pouf didn't, and then left Pouf to go find Komugi who would make him happy in his final moments. A slow, agonizing death makes it all the more sad.
There are times when I really hate the guy, but this was not one of them. I pitied him.

Meruem's En:
beaniesaige said:
I can't even... the feels man, the feels. That was beautifully done. I loved the whole thing they did with

I didn't realize at first, but do you know what this means? People have already concluded that Meruem went blind, but the fact that he even needed to use En to locate Komugi suggests that he couldn't feel anything either (or the pain was overloading his senses, and he wasn't aware of anything else). That is why he kept asking if Komugi was there, even though she was right beside... and why he needed En to find her when she was touching him.

great point on Palm and it ties in greatly to everyone's reactions to Ants not doing what they expect. Especially Gon is walks in expecting the evil ant that killed Kite and a grand battle for vengeance and almost breaks down because Pitou didn't act the way he wanted.
Jun 24, 2014 9:37 PM

Dec 2011

^I think that post counts as your good deed for the day, MrAM.
Jun 24, 2014 9:38 PM

Aug 2010
R.I.P Meruem (the greatest shounen villain) and Komugi.

The arc was concluded nicely. It was as if Meruem was the protagonist.
Ragna92Jun 24, 2014 9:51 PM
Jun 24, 2014 9:46 PM

Jan 2008
Profound sadness ;(

Jun 24, 2014 9:57 PM
Feb 2013
cantius said:
conan4 said:
Seriously, am i the only one who didn't even get sad at all of this ?

You are not alone.

That is because you're a cold-blooded buzzkill.
Jun 24, 2014 10:01 PM

Mar 2014
solid ending meruem started out as a douchebag with too much power but ended as one of those bad guys you hate to see die
Jun 24, 2014 10:06 PM

Jan 2012
Damn I seriously think Mereum could of conquered most the world if he wasn't poisoned, never gained such a high level of emotions, and continued to evolve strength wise. Though it was beautiful how he decided to spend his last moments with Komugi and how compassionate he has become compared to when he was born. Especially when he and Komugi said they lived for this moment, my eyes got watery. :(

I hope that the future villains aren't gonna be a lot stronger than Meruem because I felt like this arc was more of a way to show how "weak" the Hunters are in terms of strength and eventually the the villains may be near Meruem's strength. I'll be ok if the last fights are with people stronger than him, but it'll kind of cool and scary to think that Meruem was a lot stronger than most of the known Hunters and they were just lucky that he gained emotions and was outsmarted by Netero.
Jun 24, 2014 10:15 PM

Jun 2009
Ragna92 said:
R.I.P Meruem (the greatest shounen villain) and Komugi.

The arc was concluded nicely. It was as if Meruem was the protagonist.

Call me biased, but I kind of consider Meruem the lead character of the arc. If not, he's definitely on equal terms with Gon and Killua and I think the decision to focus almost exclusively on him in the end was a sound move.

@ MrAM

Amazing post as always.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 24, 2014 10:20 PM

Oct 2011
Will miss Merumem and Komugi playing Gungi T____T

They played till the end TwT
Jun 24, 2014 10:28 PM

Jan 2009
Meruem ! =[

Jun 24, 2014 10:40 PM

Jan 2011
I didn't think it would end that beautifully. Speechless almost.
Jun 24, 2014 10:52 PM

Nov 2012
Beautiful ending of the Arc. T.T I've been reading some comments on FB about how this is a 100 times better than Twilight. I couldn't agree more. I teared up so much! And I still can't stop crying!
Jun 24, 2014 10:54 PM
Mar 2013
So long Meruem x Komugi. Epic Episode.:<<<<
Jun 24, 2014 10:56 PM

Mar 2014
Yeah, Mad House did it again. The moments were captured so beautifully, way better than what I expected. I especially loved Meruem "going to sleep". This arc will be with me for a long time. Good stuff.
Jun 24, 2014 10:56 PM
May 2014
Very, very good ep. Sad that Komugi and Meruem are dead. RIP.
Jun 24, 2014 11:14 PM

Oct 2013
I'm speechless.
HueBrDeusJun 24, 2014 11:17 PM
Jun 24, 2014 11:15 PM

May 2012
I was half expecting that the king will die but never thought that Komugi will die too.. The end part made me sad especially when the King keep on asking if Komugi is there... I think I need to watch something funny. This episode really affected me. **sobs**
Jun 24, 2014 11:22 PM

May 2012
It was even more touching than the manga. I can't wait until the next arc, though.

Jun 24, 2014 11:41 PM

Jan 2013
Words don't give this episode justice, so breathtakingly beautiful. I've been waiting for them to animate this amazing death scene since i read it in the manga.

Mereums death manga vs anime

And this part was really sad too

Young_KurdJun 24, 2014 11:50 PM
Jun 24, 2014 11:53 PM
Feb 2013
ibrahim2712 said:

Mereums death manga vs anime

Both are great in their own ways. The manga version gives a vibe of a tragic, while anime version shows a more optimistic side of things, even though they both are the same scene.
Jun 25, 2014 12:06 AM

Feb 2008
Madhouse did it again! They adapted the whole death scene beautifully!
I think my only complain with this episode, was the preview with it's cheerful song. Kinda ruined the mood from the previous scene.
Jun 25, 2014 12:09 AM

Jan 2013
Theres this analysis that a MAL user named "michiru3050" when this was happening in the manga. Its really fkn deep and worth the read.

michiru3050 said:

, did anybody notice kokoriko(a gungi technique) means King itself? This technique try to win the game by making King piece isolate. But komugi tells him this technique is Shiro(road to death) a while ago ( ep 104). Isolated king must die. But she shows him a new tactics to save king in ep 135. It means "king doesn't have to die". In reality, king didin't be killed by Netero's nuke attack. But king counterattacked her and shows that isolated king must die after all ( by poison). Komugi finds a new counterattack and said "I'll go with you". King is not alone anymore. Meruem tells her he can't win even once(He couldn't beat kokoriko). It means Kokoriko is not shiro anymore. She saved the isolated king.
The black screen at the end has a couple meanings The dying king has lost even his sight. His mother named him Meruemu as "Light shining on everything". It's stated that "His en shined into the palace as if it's sunshine" and "He manipulated light particles to search Palm in a house" a while ago. He got a god-like light power at that moment. But black pages suggests that he doesn't have any light now. This is a view that Komugi was seeing from the beginning. She couldn't see any light. To her, he was just Meruem.
After all, those pages show us that he lost everything but gained what he trully wanted. He didn't need any soldiers, palaces, countries, power, strength, even his sight(as Komugi). He just wanted to play Gungi with Komugi.
This is the same to her too. She had nothing besides Gungi. Nobody loved her and couldn't play Gungi as well as she did. She was lonely Gungi King(Queen?). But she gained Meruem. That's why she cryed when he counterattacked her new kokoriko. She once needed to create and kill tactics on Gungi by herself. But she gained the perfect opponent and can create tactics with him(I guess to create tactics suggests to create a baby as she said kokoriko is her baby.)
The one "Light shines on everything" loved (and was loved by) was a blind girl. What a story!
They started a new(the last) game in darkness. "1-5-1 king". "9-5-1 king". Then it was stopped. These two king pieces don't go anywhere anymore. Two kings (King of living things and Gungi King) are together forever.
Jun 25, 2014 12:21 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
That was simply one of the best episodes I have ever saw (subjectively AND objectively). I can't count how many times I got chills during that ending scene. I teared up and loved every second of it. I fear no other arc is going to be able to live up to the greatness of this one.

Also, michiru3050's analysis of these events was amazing. Glad you guys shared that.
KingYoshiJun 25, 2014 12:25 AM
Jun 25, 2014 12:34 AM
Sep 2007
I didn't read manga, so I never expected Meruem would be such an amazing antagonist.
Jun 25, 2014 12:34 AM
Feb 2013
In case any of you missed out, King of Lightning pointed out the moment Komugi faintly touches Mereum's face in dark to see how he really looks like, for the first damn time. I didn't notice that myself because dem ninja's cutting the onions, but that was emotional.
Jun 25, 2014 12:41 AM

Jun 2009
xieghart said:
In case any of you missed out, King of Lightning pointed out the moment Komugi faintly touches Mereum's face in dark to see how he really looks like, for the first damn time. I didn't notice that myself because dem ninja's cutting the onions, but that was emotional.

I did and, iirc, that wasn't in the manga. A nice addition by Madhouse.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 25, 2014 12:42 AM
May 2014
I thought I was okay. I got teary eyed but I was okay

but then after the credits. The dams were broken. The flood gates were opened. I was not okay.

infinity/10
Jun 25, 2014 12:49 AM
Apr 2014
Really liked this episode. Mereum dying with Komugi is one of my favorite parts of the CA arc, it just felt fitting compared to losing agasint Netero(eventually lost). I forgot how Pouf died in the manga and seeing his death in the anime I laughed. It was a pitiful death but you can only feel so sorry for him. I felt more for Youpi and Pitou. It was also nice to see Mereum owning up to be a bad leader tho. Excited to move to the Election arc.
Jun 25, 2014 12:57 AM

Feb 2013
A powerful episode. HunterXHunter never fails to entertain me.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Jun 25, 2014 1:32 AM

Feb 2012
Heartbreaking and haunting. Such great yet unknown love between the murderous ant king and a simple human. To forget one’s self just to be with the one you love until the last breath… To sacrifice..

Well die in his loved one's embrace might be the last thing he ever wanted. RIP Meruem.
Jun 25, 2014 1:34 AM

Oct 2013
DalPuri said:

^I think that post counts as your good deed for the day, MrAM.

Thanks to Togashi to Madhouse and you Mram :P
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Jun 25, 2014 1:45 AM

Dec 2012
Hunter x Hunter Best Gungi Anime ever!
GosuDRMJan 19, 2023 6:09 AM

Jun 25, 2014 1:47 AM

Sep 2009
Greatest love story of all time.
Jun 25, 2014 1:49 AM

Apr 2012
Ryugen said:
It was even more touching than the manga. I can't wait until the next arc, though.

Oh Christ. I didn't think it'd be an actual significant, blatant spoiler for the next arc...Fuck. I mean, that's the kind of comment that really doesn't add anything to the discussion. It hasn't happened yet and is wholly unrelated to the current ep. Just completely needless. Maybe I'm just mad. FUCK!
Jun 25, 2014 2:05 AM

Jul 2007
athrun5 said:
When I saw this episode I starting to cry on the inside thinking they were going to end the show based on the fact that they took the OPing and EDing away then I cried tears of joy finding out they weren't going to cut it short.....

As for the king ant thing I am glad he is dead and finally he is put in his place.

You guys say oh how romantic or how loving or how changed he is. He hasn't changed He murdered people in the past and the only difference now is that he got Hooked on gungi and wanted to play it till he died knowing that the girl would get poisoned and die to. Other words he MURDERED the girl for the sake of his GREED of his enjoyment of gungi. That's not ROMANTIC, that's not LOVING and that's definitly not CHANGED.

Hes Dead that's Good, the ant ark is over and I just hope they continue on even though the manga has stopped.
Someone doesn't watch the show/read the manga properly nor read up on news.

He told Komugi she should go away as the poison was infectious. Komugi chose to stay on her own will. Also, it was announced a while back that the manga will be starting up again.
Jun 25, 2014 2:05 AM

Apr 2014
-GiaN- said:
An Ant and a Blind Girl? Still better than Twilight xD

twilight can't even touch this. The arc's end was so damn beautiful.
Jun 25, 2014 2:08 AM

Oct 2012
Meruem is a cool guy. 8/10 would play Gungi with.
Jun 25, 2014 2:14 AM

Jun 2013
Z4k said:
-GiaN- said:

twilight can't even touch this. The arc's end was so damn beautiful.

Me and my right hand have better love story than Twilight. Twilight ain't got shit on this...Who the fuck did even try to compare it to HxH 2011....
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Jun 25, 2014 2:16 AM
Feb 2013
-GiaN- said:

"Still better than Twilight" is meant for something that's bad. THIS is transcended way beyond the realm of your typical romance. Probably one of the most heartfelt albeit short-lived sequence where one man and woman showed pure affection, respect and care for one another.

This is love at its very innocent core. It's beautiful to be honest.
Jun 25, 2014 2:19 AM

Apr 2014
xieghart said:
-GiaN- said:

"Still better than Twilight" is meant for something that's bad. THIS is transcended way beyond the realm of your typical romance. Probably one of the most heartfelt albeit short-lived sequence where one man and woman showed pure affection, respect and care for one another.

+1
Jun 25, 2014 2:20 AM

Oct 2012
xieghart said:
-GiaN- said:

pfffffffffffffffffff
Jun 25, 2014 2:31 AM

Oct 2013
Gud Shit

"In every age, there will be good humans and bad humans. Human life is too long to devote to reproduction, yet too short to devote to learning, in the helix of time. Perhaps that is why humans succumb to desire and seek release. Despite the fact that life is complete with the sun, the land, and ....."

OMG, Palm (I totally love her)!!! Such feelings and so many fabulous dialogues! And that OST!!!
"I was born for this moment"
"I was unworthy of their loyalty..."
MERUEM!! The best character! The most humane character than any other despite being an ant...
SPEECHLESS!!! "Good Night Meruem" [/spoiler]
KusuriuriJul 14, 2015 3:59 PM
Jun 25, 2014 2:37 AM

Apr 2009
Meruam never won a fight, but he was a true king till the end. RIP
Pages (18) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 30 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mikasa - May 5, 2012

109 by Nerdason »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mirorin - Apr 28, 2012

99 by Nerdason »»
Today, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

fishergirl16 - Apr 21, 2012

124 by Nerdason »»
Today, 3:59 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kineta - May 3, 2012

155 by wibugar »»
Yesterday, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Avato-chan - Apr 7, 2012

107 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 3:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.