Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 15, 2014 7:18 AM

Jan 2010
Best shot episode, many revelations (even now waiting them) and a dramatic charge to Key, Marry level gradually becomes the center of the plot, and once again the song the MV was too much, can not wait for the cd to download , _;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Jun 15, 2014 8:17 AM
Nov 2011
For the people talking about incest, PLEASE STOP! Like, some of you can dont know, but it's almost imposible. I dont think it's a spoiler since we all know that Azami is immortal. So like, Shion and Mary age really slowy if you compare them to human. Mary is 1/4 Medusae and she ages 1 year for each 10 years(she is 140 years old), so there is Shion, she is 1/2 Medusae, so the logic is that she ages one year each 100 years(dont know her age, tho), but I dont know if she aged faster while a child or whatever, because she looked like a small child(like 3/4 years old) when Tsukihiko was still alive. (maybe she ages at the same rate as Mary?) So, until Shion had enough age for having a child Tsukihiko would already be dead(or at least like a really old man if Shion ages at the same rate as Mary).

My guess is that after Tsukihiko died from age, Shion lived homeand had her little adventure outside, feel in love with a human, got pregant, lived with him until he died(there is a man besides Shion in the original PV when she is explainig Mary that they are Medusae), and then lived alone with Mary.
Sorry for my bad english. And it's just my opinion, I dont think there was incest.
Jun 15, 2014 8:23 AM

Apr 2014
Milenart said:
For the people talking about incest, PLEASE STOP!

Amen to that. It's unnerving. Before posting this kind of thing, think of doing such acts to your own family. XD Would you like to do that? No? Well, don't suggest it then.

I think Marry's father was probably foreign, some kind of Westerner. I mean, she has blonde hair and an English name in a Japanese country...
Jun 15, 2014 8:33 AM

Nov 2013
Milenart said:
My guess is that after Tsukihiko died from age, Shion lived homeand had her little adventure outside, feel in love with a human, got pregant, lived with him until he died(there is a man besides Shion in the original PV when she is explainig Mary that they are Medusae), and then lived alone with Mary.
Sorry for my bad english. And it's just my opinion, I dont think there was incest.

Well, considering that:
* The moment Azami went outside they were ready to kill her.
* Even after all those years, the moment Marry went outside they were also calling her a monster while ready to kill her and Shion just because of the color of her hair.
* Both Shion and Marry share the same color of hair.
* Shion was made to never use her powers by Azami.

So it doesn't look like Shion could stand even a peaceful day outside of the tower, let alone having a happy adventure with another man...

Edit: That's why I said this before:
DarkMoonWolf said:
Considering she's been stuck inside that tower, either it was incest, or it was the so called "immaculate conception" I guess...

So let's just say that Marry was born of "immaculate conception" and be done with it... Hell, you can even say that her snake went into the hole for all I care, but no one can deny that Shion was not able to leave the tower without being persecuted to death as a monster while not being able to use any of the Medusa powers she had to protect herself. Basically if she went outside, she would die!!

I'm more interested is to know how did they get food and other supplies... even during Azumi time...

C'mon were they growing them inside of the tower?? Making them magically appear?? We already know that when she went to the village people would try to kill her so... I guess she didn't went there many times. Even Tsukihiko went there once and was "secured for his own safety". There was no way Shion and Tsukihiko were able to go to the village after that since neither of them could use any powers (Azami told Shion to never use her powers).

DarkMoonWolfJun 15, 2014 9:26 AM
Personal tastes are like peoples behinds, each one has its own,
and only those who wants to find [...] will smell one another.

Jun 15, 2014 9:00 AM

Nov 2012
I'm going to assume the Seto we saw in the beginning was an ancestor. It was most likely fanservice, considering Azami used the same ability that is later acquired by Seto.

Thank god we finally got to hear evil Mamoru Miyano! I was beginning to think it would never happen.

Souzou Forest wasn't exactly my favorite song in the series, but I think this is my favorite episode so far. 10/10

EDIT: Also, did anyone else think of Kano when the rabbit appeared?
DarkhurJun 15, 2014 9:22 AM
Jun 15, 2014 9:55 AM

Dec 2010
Great episode, everything was right this time. The moment when Marry and Seto was so touching, one of the best moments of the season.

Plot also thickens. That's good for a change.
Jun 15, 2014 9:59 AM
Mar 2011
I love stories like this witha monster girl anda normal human, I wish they would of expanded on it.
If anyone knows of any other stories like this monster girl/human guy send me a p.m,
Other then that i also found the kid thing unusual. It sucks that this will end in 2 weeks what is the original source material manga or light novel?
Jun 15, 2014 11:04 AM

Jul 2012
Yay, Marry background!
Jun 15, 2014 11:34 AM

Apr 2014
DarkMoonWolf said:
I'm more interested is to know how did they get food and other supplies... even during Azumi time...

In the fourth novel it is said that Marry didn't eat anything at all whilst she lived at the house, only drinking water. I can assume that the same is for Shion and Azami. Because they are not human they do not age the same, nor do they need to eat. ^^

As for Tsuhikiho, even if he were in a family of monsters I'm sure he would have been able to be allowed back into the village from time to time just to be able to get food. Not all of the village must have had a death wish for the Gorgons, and Tsuhikiho must've had family there that would supply him with food, I suppose.
Jun 15, 2014 11:57 AM

May 2012
sheidesu said:
WHUUUT. The snake's voice was Miyano Mamoru right? I'm sure. But Haruka's also Mamo-chan... And, Marry's eye color is the same as Haruka's... Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

That part also got me confuse since he is voicing the snake... strange.. but anyway, glad to hear the evil voice of Miyano Mamoru again. Last that I heard of his villain voice is from Gatchaman Crowds in which he really voiced perfectly.
Jun 15, 2014 3:22 PM
Nov 2011
rebelakuma said:
sheidesu said:
WHUUUT. The snake's voice was Miyano Mamoru right? I'm sure. But Haruka's also Mamo-chan... And, Marry's eye color is the same as Haruka's... Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

That part also got me confuse since he is voicing the snake... strange.. but anyway, glad to hear the evil voice of Miyano Mamoru again. Last that I heard of his villain voice is from Gatchaman Crowds in which he really voiced perfectly.

Jun 15, 2014 3:30 PM

Jan 2014
For me this show seems to beyond the point of redeeming itself.

The series so far was just too bad to actually care for any of the characters. And the animation style isn't really helping, either. It's just too poorly done compared to Monogatari and makes it hard to feel any immersion whatsoever. Thus, this whole episode didn't really do anything for me.

Not sure if I had liked the story and its twists more if presented in a better fashion, but judging by the anime alone I wasn't really impressed with any of that. Expected a lot more and not seeing how it could get any better from here.

I was especially irritated by the monster's / Shion's mother's egoistic decision to leave the two behind. Sure, they were treated badly by other humans but who cares? They wouldn't meet any humans in that newly created world, so that's not really an issue. They could have lived happily ever after, but instead she overreacts and runs off on her own. Probably my biggest issue with this episode's plot.

Nah, whatever. Still interested to see how they are planning to wrap things up with the two episodes the have left.
Jun 15, 2014 4:04 PM

Nov 2012
tyrolizard1 said:
I love stories like this witha monster girl anda normal human, I wish they would of expanded on it.
If anyone knows of any other stories like this monster girl/human guy send me a p.m,
Other then that i also found the kid thing unusual. It sucks that this will end in 2 weeks what is the original source material manga or light novel?

The source is actually a series of songs, however there are manga and light novel adaptations as well. The manga and light novels are titled "Kagerou Days", whereas the song series is known as the "Kagerou Project".

There is also a Drama CD being released soon bundled with a limited edition copy of the "daze" album.
DarkhurJun 15, 2014 4:09 PM
Jun 15, 2014 5:59 PM

May 2014
Well, it was so very fine to see Azami's (aka Bakemono's) story in the great artwork I utterly love in this anime. And although I didn't really like Marry at first, I think I'll probably regard her more, since she's been through so much. (Who doesn't like characters with painful backgrounds, right?!)

This was, thanks to the awesome beginning and kind-of-new Marry/Seto shipp, one of the best episodes of this show.

*PS: It was also nice not to continue the portrayal of Azami (aka Bakemono) as a mean character/villain, as I gather they did on the last episode.
Jun 15, 2014 10:02 PM

Jun 2013
Holy crap, my mind is swirling. These past couple episodes have been opening my eyes as to why the Kagerou Project has such a huge following. I really need to check it out once this is done. There are some beautiful things going on here. I think Shaft's artistic touch really works for a series like this, too.

Marry + Haruka + Evil Snake = O_________________O
-Trippwire-Jun 15, 2014 10:07 PM
Jun 15, 2014 10:17 PM

Oct 2011
Damn those eye powers are awesome!!!

She used Kano, Kido, Seto, and Momo powers. I wonder what Hibiya, Ene, Shintaro and Konoha's powers are like?

What a sad story for Marry. Shion getting killed and same with Azami.
Marry has the Queen inside her.

Glad Seto came and they became friends.

Konoha will see Ene OMG!!!

What happen to Shintaro. Wasn't he in the same room with Marry before LTM ep? He's gone?

Evil Snake >>> Konoha?

In the story: Marry says her friends died? Does that mean everyone in Mekakushi Dan dies???

Who is Kuroha? Cause of everything? Saw this name popped up in my tumblr.

Hope the remaining episodes answers my questions
Jun 15, 2014 10:36 PM

Apr 2012
Finally we get a good episode.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 15, 2014 11:17 PM
Nov 2011
tyrolizard1 said:

There is a anime called Natsume Yuujinchou, I dont know if you have watched it already, it dont focus on a monster+human love, but it tell several stories and some of them envolve the theme, this anime is pure beauty -w- there are 4 seasons of 12/13 episodes.
Jun 15, 2014 11:27 PM
Nov 2011
AnimeFan500 said:
Damn those eye powers are awesome!!!

She used Kano, Kido, Seto, and Momo powers. I wonder what Hibiya, Ene, Shintaro and Konoha's powers are like?

What a sad story for Marry. Shion getting killed and same with Azami.
Marry has the Queen inside her.

Glad Seto came and they became friends.

Konoha will see Ene OMG!!!

What happen to Shintaro. Wasn't he in the same room with Marry before LTM ep? He's gone?

Evil Snake >>> Konoha?

In the story: Marry says her friends died? Does that mean everyone in Mekakushi Dan dies???

Who is Kuroha? Cause of everything? Saw this name popped up in my tumblr.

Hope the remaining episodes answers my questions

And please don't look for any kagepro thing on tumblr, the spoilers go wild in there, like seriouly, don't look there. Kuroha is a nickname we gave to ***********. Can't say, spoiler.
Jun 16, 2014 12:25 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, I love the episode this time.
Jun 16, 2014 2:26 AM

Mar 2012
I just realized the dubstep OST o.O
Jun 16, 2014 6:47 AM

May 2014
Good episode, a bit rushed though.
Azami's and Marry's story are sad : (

Jun 16, 2014 8:13 AM

Feb 2013
Looks like we finally get to the crux of this story and things are starting to come together.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Jun 16, 2014 9:15 AM

Jul 2012
Still a confusing anime, but I guess I get it now.

So, it seems that....Marry's grandma is....the Queen of...all the red-eyed powers....or something like that.
I couldn't see who the grandpa was though, probably someone not important. :/

Anyways, Marry find Haruka sleeping outside the home, not remembering what he was doing, but he said that he wanted friends. :3
Marry tells him that she wants to be friends with him, and that she knows where all her other friends are.

I have a bad feeling about her leaving the house alone with Haruka....
Jun 16, 2014 9:27 AM

Jul 2010
Oh I finally caught up. We had a taste of Marry's past, and more importantly of her grandma.

Also, I noticed that Seto looked like one of those guys who attacked Azami, could he be a descendent?
Jun 16, 2014 1:24 PM

Oct 2012
those snakes :(
poor shion and her family
i wonder who marry's father is... o.o

insert song was great~
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Jun 16, 2014 2:21 PM

Jul 2009
I loved the song!
So Marry is blood related to Azami, I think she and Seto are cute together.
Jun 16, 2014 8:37 PM

Mar 2014
That was actually a pretty enjoyable episode.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jun 17, 2014 3:56 AM

May 2014
Akanezora said:
Oh I finally caught up. We had a taste of Marry's past, and more importantly of her grandma.

Also, I noticed that Seto looked like one of those guys who attacked Azami, could he be a descendent?

You're not the only one ;)
I think we just found Seto's ancestor.

Jun 17, 2014 6:10 AM

Feb 2014
Why the hell is the ancestor of Seto part of the group that abducted Tsukihiko?-_-
Well the story was good.
Still expecting Kuroha to appear soon

Jun 17, 2014 6:26 AM

Apr 2014
Kage15 said:

It's pretty much a guarantee now, especially with the Miyano!Snake.
Jun 17, 2014 10:09 AM

Dec 2013
God that beginning part was so damn sad. To have to leave your entire family just because you were different from the rest of the world. Then to spend eternity in the Haze just to find out that your daughter and grand-daughter had been battered to death by some prejudiced humans.

The only thing that never made sense was how in the world Shion got pregnant with Marry?

The second half kind of had me on edge. I kept expecting Konoha to turn into Kuroha and do something to Marry there.

All in all a great episode that provided the main background story for the Haze Dimension.

Can't wait to see the next episode!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 18, 2014 3:28 AM

Apr 2011
10 ep and still all random and incomprehensible. For me (who didn't read the manga), watching this is a pain and 0 satisfaction. 1st and 3rd eps were great so I didn't drop it hoping this will have a story I can follow, but I should have stopped long ago..
Jun 18, 2014 4:51 AM
Nov 2012
Homm said:
10 ep and still all random and incomprehensible. For me (who didn't read the manga), watching this is a pain and 0 satisfaction. 1st and 3rd eps were great so I didn't drop it hoping this will have a story I can follow, but I should have stopped long ago..

Sorry but I just had to say this, this series is kinda confusing and to top that off the episodes are not even arranged in a linear sequence, but I see that as a special way of storytelling and it actually works for me. There IS a plot that you can follow, it's just not that obvious and I can most surely tell that they did that on purpose. It's not just all random and incomprehensible, at least I don't think it is.
Jun 18, 2014 8:18 AM

Mar 2013
Akanezora said:

I think that the guy who Azami removed the mask from and spoke to, was probably Seto's (great?) grandfather. When Azami read his mind, she inadvertently gave him the ability to do the same, which he then somehow passed on to his descendants, which is how Seto got his power.
Not 'fact', but I think that theory sounds plausible.

InTheOtherWorld said:
Kage15 said:

Is the snake supposed to be 'Kuroha'? After reading the manga, I was confused (and a little pissed) after he showed up. Although, the way he speaks in the manga seemed very similar to the way the snake spoke...

Homm said:

Well, you see, the manga isn't really all that important. One of the things that took me off-guard when I read the manga (after starting the anime) is that, they are not exactly the same, because they are not supposed to be.

No direct spoilers, but just in case...

Overall, I think you should read the manga, just because the anime is likely not going to be able to cover everything that needs to be covered, or it will be rushed.
The manga is a quick read, and it is published monthly.
Jun 18, 2014 11:02 AM

Apr 2014
MegaToast said:
InTheOtherWorld said:

Is the snake supposed to be 'Kuroha'? After reading the manga, I was confused (and a little pissed) after he showed up. Although, the way he speaks in the manga seemed very similar to the way the snake spoke....

Jun 18, 2014 5:35 PM

Mar 2013
InTheOtherWorld said:
MegaToast said:

Is the snake supposed to be 'Kuroha'? After reading the manga, I was confused (and a little pissed) after he showed up. Although, the way he speaks in the manga seemed very similar to the way the snake spoke....

Furthermore, what is the nature of the teacher's 'clarifying eyes' ability?
Jun 18, 2014 8:08 PM
Nov 2011
MegaToast said:
InTheOtherWorld said:

This ability was not shown yet
Jun 18, 2014 10:13 PM

Dec 2013
This episode was weird and OK. I guess it showed insight about Marry's background and shows how closely the "bake mono" was actually linked to the group. And it showed how close the group was to the actual family of the Monster~
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Jun 19, 2014 7:55 AM

Apr 2014
MegaToast said:
InTheOtherWorld said:

It has not been directly stated as to what the Clearing Eyes can do, but as its description is to 'make eyes clear' , it is suggested that this ability will be able to cancel out the abilities of other snakes or eye powers, which is why the Clearing Snake is able to have leverage above the others. This can also be pinpointed from when
Jun 19, 2014 4:04 PM
Jun 2014
Kenjiro's eye ability is more accurately translated as the Wide-Open Eyes, and the only clear detail we know about it is that it lets the snake inside Kenjirou, the only one of its kind with sentience and its own will, to take over his body whenever he goes to sleep/falls unconscious, thus his eyes remain wide-open at all times. I'm not sure if negating other abilities is part of the power or if it's something unique to the snake because it's sentient or whatever.
Jun 20, 2014 10:35 PM

Jan 2014
holy molly
where can i listen to that version of souzou forest in full
anyone know
[right]
Jun 20, 2014 10:45 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Sonority said:
holy molly
where can i listen to that version of souzou forest in full
anyone know

The person who sang it is Yoshia Takumi from Phatmans Mans Afterschool.
I couldn't find a full version, and the official version/movie they have on youtube is banned to the US
I found this version on tumblr... no voice acting, but isn't the full version though

You can always go here for more information on the covers used during the anime.
http://www.mekakucityactors.com/music/
Jun 20, 2014 11:02 PM

Jan 2014
Zelot said:
The person who sang it is Yoshia Takumi from Phatmans Mans Afterschool.
I couldn't find a full version, and the official version/movie they have on youtube is banned to the US
I found this version on tumblr... no voice acting, but isn't the full version though

You can always go here for more information on the covers used during the anime.
http://www.mekakucityactors.com/music/

appreciate it a lot friend
idk i thought this version was way superior compared to IA and yuikonnu's versions
its both relaxingly crisp and lively as it needs to be. this guy just has great tone.
[right]
Jun 21, 2014 2:57 PM
Jul 2018
This is probably the best ep for me so far. Good cover of the song too, and as most people have said; Azami is too awesome.
5/5
Jun 21, 2014 7:35 PM

Feb 2013
Note to self, bullets don't work on monsters.

Good episode... basically finished up the "preview" story and started a new one... or at least jumped forward to Marry or something.
Jun 22, 2014 12:21 AM

Jan 2014
This episode has no doubt become my favorite one yet. Poor Mary, and her poor mother as well. Mary is too cute.
Jun 22, 2014 6:47 PM

Dec 2008
So, who's Marry's father? I hope it wasn't Marry's grandfather. >__>

Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 22, 2014 8:52 PM

Apr 2014
Best episode by far.
5/5

Btw, does anyone know who sang the cover of Imagination Forest?
Jun 23, 2014 12:37 AM

Jan 2014
Fantastic episode. The best yet.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.