Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 5, 2014 4:26 AM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I just have to say way to go studio for fucking up some of the most greatest moments with that terrible ass animation. Thats my only real gripe with this episode. I wish the animation was imrpoved in some of these scenes.

Neji's death just didn't have the impact i would of hoped that i experienced from the manga, but it was still sad and the the sound tracks they played during those scenes were excellent, especially when neji held naruto's hands ( naruhina fans go crazy)

R.I.P Neji

It was an ok episode but could of been so much more improved if it had the same animation of the previous episode.

Finally next time, incoming sasuke alert.

ArtimesGamerJun 5, 2014 4:34 AM

Jun 5, 2014 4:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS REALITY

Poor Neji...
Jun 5, 2014 4:31 AM

Jul 2013
Poor effort. Manga was better.

The ice cream cone bombs looked weird.

So Neji, Shukaku, Inoichi, Ao and Mabui died and I didn't feel a thing because of the music choices, animation and pacing (honestly seemed way too fast, HQ got destroyed and most people were like "meh")

Really enjoyed Obito schooling Madara and yelling at Naruto, best parts of the episode.

The NaruHina moment was passable. But people need to remember Kishi's Third Law of Trolling; for every NaruHina moment there is an opposing NaruSaku moment that reacts with equal magnitude.

What have we learned from this episode? If a character that hasn't been relevant for years starts getting screen time, then expect that he is going to die.
MinagatachiJun 5, 2014 4:47 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2014 4:33 AM

Jul 2007
Wtf was the deal with those cone shaped bijju bombs, couldn't the studio do better then that, i mean i felt no sense of danger or explosion what so ever. That was indeed poor quality.

That explosion that hit headquarters was supposed to be enormous.

Reason i am kind of irritated, is they ruined some of the greatest moments in the manga.

Jun 5, 2014 4:37 AM

Jul 2013
Animation was bleh.

Some moments were ruined..

Well, RIP Neji, Inoichi and Shikaku.

Sasuke next ep.
Jun 5, 2014 4:51 AM

Jan 2014
Ruined it? The moment wasn't good anyway.

So neji had been absolutely useless/absent this entire arc and now he suddenly shows up only for this pure-shock value moment. Which failed.

I call asspull.
Jun 5, 2014 4:58 AM

May 2013
Who the hell thinks of how big their crush hands are when your ''brother'' just died protecting your ass. Hinata joined Sakura and Karin level of love obsession after that scene.

RIP Neji, but I wished you would have let Hinata die :P

I hope that they will animate the Sasuke storyline propper, it's one of my favorite moments the arc.

Archadian said:
Ruined it? The moment wasn't good anyway.

So neji had been absolutely useless/absent this entire arc and now he suddenly shows up only for this pure-shock value moment. Which failed.

I call asspull.

Why is it a asspull? He had a pathetic death but thats all. It would have been better if Kishi let Neji fight his edo father before killing him.
SaSa-ZoldyckJun 5, 2014 5:02 AM
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jun 5, 2014 5:27 AM
Jun 2013
I was so surprised of what happen this episode omg OMG Neji, Shikaku and Inoichi, and many more died i teared up from when i saw Ino crying till the end
I cant stop my eyes im still crying wow...... what can i say....nothing my mind just went blank cant process anything. RIP :'(
Jun 5, 2014 5:28 AM

Jan 2014
@Sasa It was badly written, and had no foreshadowing or build up.
It was most likely due to pressure of fans complaining about the war having no deaths that he decided to do this.
Jun 5, 2014 5:35 AM

Apr 2013
already knew about neji's death before but i was shocked when HQ got destroyed

sad episode.

sadly these days deaths mostly act as shock value instead of something that just happens.
Jun 5, 2014 5:36 AM

Apr 2011
Which genius thought it was a great idea to squeeze in 3 chapters into this episode? This episode should've ended at where Neji died and not after Hinata's comeback speech to Naruto. Really, really bad pace management on Pierrot's part here.
Jun 5, 2014 5:41 AM

May 2013
Archadian said:
It was most likely due to pressure of fans complaining about the war having no deaths that he decided to do this.

For a moment I thought that I was reading tsudecimo post XD

That whole forshadowing thing is overrated if you ask me. Plot twist and suprises are good aslong as it makes sense. Neji dying by jubi attack makes sense. Whether Kishi was pressured or not is irrelevant. Characters (unexpectedly) dying is good, we are at war last time I checked.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jun 5, 2014 5:43 AM

Jan 2014
xSanox said:
already knew about neji's death before but i was shocked when HQ got destroyed

sad episode.

sadly these days deaths mostly act as shock value instead of something that just happens.

Sadly I have to agree. Wish it were more relevant people who died and with better setting up toward it.
Jun 5, 2014 5:46 AM

Nov 2013
You all just compare it to the manga, for those that haven't read it, it means nothing. It's all made up anyway who cares which shape the bombs were in, also there all trained soldiers who live under the principal kill or be killed, when a family member dies they have to move on until after the war, any good soldier does that.

I saw someone mention Sasuke is coming, the last couple episodes I just can't wait until Sasuke comes, that should be a glorious moment I would think.
Jun 5, 2014 5:49 AM

Jan 2014
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
Archadian said:

That whole forshadowing thing is overrated if you ask me. Plot twist and suprises are good aslong as it makes sense. Neji dying by jubi attack makes sense. Whether Kishi was pressured or not is irrelevant. Characters (unexpectedly) dying is good, we are at war last time I checked.

I agree sometimes it is overrated but this moment HAD NOTHING to show for it. I said also it needed buildup or good writing at least.

Yea no s*** dying by impalement makes sense :P, and yeah sure this is war (where surprisingly it took 100 eps to get to the first "major" death.)

But if a writer is going to go the "this is war, people die just like that", he should have prepared it to be like that. It was purely for shock value, and that is a bad thing at such a point in the story.
Shock value should be at the start to establish "we ain't fucking around", then rely on how good that was to make us attached to other characters in fear of them dying too. This one was just shit. I feel nothing. I know there will probably be no deaths anytime soon still, and it was just a "moment".

I'm sorry for being so anal, but i'd rather accept this as a problem and hope kishi gets his stuff together than blindly accept it.
What is this compared to old classic naruto moments?
ArchadianJun 5, 2014 5:53 AM
Jun 5, 2014 6:01 AM

May 2013
Archadian said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
Archadian said:

I agree sometimes it is overrated but this moment HAD NOTHING to show for it. I said also it needed buildup or good writing at least.

Yea no s*** dying by impalement makes sense :P, and yeah sure this is war (where surprisingly it took 100 eps to get to the first "major" death.)

But if a writer is going to go the "this is war, people die just like that", he should have prepared it to be like that. It was purely for shock value, and that is a bad thing at such a point in the story.
Shock value should be at the start to establish "we ain't fucking around", then rely on how good that was to make us attached to other characters in fear of them dying too. This one was just shit. I feel nothing. I know there will probably be no deaths anytime soon still, and it was just a "moment".

I'm sorry for being so anal, but i'd rather accept this as a problem and hope kishi gets his stuff together than blindly accept it.

The execution could have been better no doubt about it. I already said that in my first reply, Neji had a pathetic death. However this is not an asspull.
Jun 5, 2014 6:05 AM
Dec 2012
In my opinion they made a mistake for skipping right onto the Hinata part after Nejis death... I honestly was bored out of my mind during their talk.
Well not like I ever gave a shit about Neji anyway, my problem with the episode is the Juubi... Those bijuudamas literally had no weight behind them, and they unintentionally made it really funny when the Juubi fell on its ass while its head was shaking from place to place and shooting those odd looking cones.
Jun 5, 2014 6:07 AM

Jan 2014
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
Archadian said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
Archadian said:

The execution could have been better no doubt about it. I already said that in my first reply, Neji had a pathetic death. However this is not an asspull.

"An Ass Pull is a moment when the writers pull something out of thin air in a less-than-graceful narrative development, violating the Law of Conservation of Detail by dropping a plot-critical detail in the middle, or near the end of their narrative without Foreshadowing or dropping a Chekhov's Gun earlier on."
Or in this case, Checkov MIA.

Source: TvT
Jun 5, 2014 6:10 AM

Jun 2012
This was so bad.
It's not even worth the effort to mock it.
Jun 5, 2014 6:18 AM

Dec 2013
Obito's voice is so asdasdasdajdasdk *-*
Jun 5, 2014 6:30 AM

Aug 2013
Well, Neji's death could've had a bigger impact if they did it right. It looked awkward seeing Hinata run and put her hands out and Neji randomly runs in and takes the hit. Could've made it more dramatic imo. It looked like they put more effort into the deaths of the "brains."
The talk afterwards had me pretty sad though. Didn't really mind that they did the NaruHina moment this episode. I'm not sure why everyone is hating on the bijuudamas. Why does it matter if they're cones? They're explosions and they do their job.
Sasuke coming in next episode. But that also means a big flashback (which I didn't entirely mind in the manga) is coming soon.
Jun 5, 2014 6:40 AM
Mar 2013
I miss the days when Naruto was good :(

I don't know how anyone can seriously defend it
Jun 5, 2014 6:57 AM

Jun 2009
i quite liked this episode it almost made me feel emotions, though we can't forget that hinta has alredy died one protecting naruto so yea...
Jun 5, 2014 7:00 AM

May 2013
I loved this episode, so much content within one episode. RIP Neji, Inoichi and Shikaku. I loved the ending in this episode, I don't remember it being as good as it was in the manga for this specific scene though.

Jun 5, 2014 7:02 AM

May 2013
Oh well, Neji, Inoichi and Shikaku are dead. Moving on.
Jun 5, 2014 7:10 AM

Jan 2014
Wow. The shape of the bijuu bombs? You folks are quite difficult to please.

Anyway, as expected the death of Neji wasn't very impactful, and being spoiled about it only contributed little to that. He didn't have sufficient screentime to build up to the moment.

I may have missed something probably because it has been a while, but how exactly did Obito know the exact location of the Allied Forces HQ?
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jun 5, 2014 7:25 AM

Dec 2012
I quite liked this episode. I feel more sad for Shikaku's death than Neji's. That complete silence before the bomb hit, and then the transition to Shikamaru and Ino realizing, and Ino crying. That just broke my heart a little. Really well done.

The problems with Neji's death imo are

A/ He didn't have enough screen time or focus prior to this. So his death felt really forced.

B/ The way he died was really meh, and awkward.

Other than that I don't have a problem with his death, and thought the rest of it was quite good. In terms of showing the different layers to it, their pasts, the old themes of the series being brought forth again, Hinata and Naruto getting closer, and why Obito was irritated with Naruto, and wanted to him to feel despair and basically break him psychologically.

I would have wanted the animation and art from the previous episode but w/e. Shippiuden's average animation doesn't bother me too much, since I'm too engaged and invested in the content to care too much. Some bad music choices, some good ones. 4/5.
Jun 5, 2014 7:27 AM

Dec 2012
imperlast said:
hinta has alredy died one protecting naruto so yea...

She didn't really die. Badly injured after Pain's attack and was then healed by Sakura IIRC.
Jun 5, 2014 8:01 AM
Nov 2011
Neji didn´t deserve such a death. He was a character with fantastic potential but forgotten by Kishimoto and only remembered to be killed.
Jun 5, 2014 8:07 AM

Jan 2014
Congratulations, the main final beast is the offspring of Nico Robin and Luffy having butt sex.
And his attack is a giant emerald from Sonic 2.

But that was really a terrible way to write them off. Shikaku and Inoicji felt natural, but still had no impact, felt like a very generic "oh we gotta keep going" moment.

Neji's, however, was just dumb. But I guess he knew he had no idea what to do with him, but if that's the case, everyone should be dead by now.

I cringe everytime I see Kyuubi trying to act all 'bro'.

Overall a disappointing episode.

One thing I found funny was tobi telling Madara to fuck off
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2014 8:10 AM

Dec 2012
As others have stated, the deaths didn't really have that much of an impact. Don't know whether it's that they weren't relevant enough, or if the animation studio screwed up or what, but I just didn't feel it.

As for the bijuu bombs, the shape is fine, it's just that they didn't feel particularly powerful. Compare them with the one from last time when the army showed up, or some of the ones in 329. These ones just felt a bit lacking. Probably the animation's fault but not sure.
Jun 5, 2014 8:15 AM

Mar 2014
Neji's death. The episode felt a little stretched to me. Also, Hinata thinks of Naruto even now. Nevertheless, i would prefer if Kishimoto hadn't added those lines about how big and warm Naruto's hand is... seriously.Anyway, great ep 4/5
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Jun 5, 2014 8:30 AM

Oct 2013
AMAZING EPISODE! This is why i love Naruto so much,i was on the edge of crying when Neji was speaking.

Jun 5, 2014 8:35 AM

Dec 2012
SCP said:
He was a character with fantastic potential but forgotten by Kishimoto.

Yeah. Lee too. At least there is Gai to compensate for Lee severe lack of screen time after the time skip.

a_cloud said:
Neji's death. The episode felt a little stretched to me.

It was too fast actually. I heard they crammed 3 chapters here, which could explain some of the awkward transition.

Planning to read the covered chapters since they are probably better.
Jun 5, 2014 8:52 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Shikaku and Inoichi silently passing away was sad, but Neji's death was 3X times sadder. T_T
Damn you, Obito & Juubi.. -.-

Nice NaruHina moments. Kurama's disciplined words to Naruto were nice as well.

-- "There's no need to worry... Protecting the Alliance is my territory!"
Bee was epic with his rap even when down. XD

Good episode. Orochimaru and Sasuke gets some screentime next week. Lets go!

Jun 5, 2014 8:52 AM
Sep 2013
Loved this episode had me wanting more. Obito and his ranting felt a little to drawn out. Sasuke Next week with Orochimaru definitely going to be good.
Jun 5, 2014 8:55 AM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode once again. Very sad that Neji is not gone :(
Looks like were getting some Sasuke next episode which will be good.
Jun 5, 2014 9:00 AM
May 2014
Well, I agree with the overall sentiments in this thread.

1) Neji's death was... meh.
2) The alliance HW death was more impactful. That made me emotional.

The major positives to me where Obito. Obito's speech to Naruto after Neji's death was fantastic. Also, him telling Madara off was interesting as well.

Overall, I rated it a 4/5 because I enjoyed the episode and was waiting for more. But it could have easily been a 3/5.
Jun 5, 2014 9:12 AM

May 2013
All I gotta say is poor Neji :(
Jun 5, 2014 9:26 AM

Sep 2013
The alliance HQ scene could have been better :(

Except for showing Neji get hit,it was perfect :O "cries" R.I.P :(
Jun 5, 2014 9:30 AM

Mar 2014
tsudecimo said:

a_cloud said:
Neji's death. The episode felt a little stretched to me.

It was too fast actually. I heard they crammed 3 chapters here, which could explain some of the awkward transition.

Planning to read the covered chapters since they are probably better.
If im not mistaken the anime in this ep follows exatly the manga. Anyway you are right Neji;s death was rushed. What i meant by stretched was Obito's speach and Hinata's. Of course both are important for the story to move on but they emitted a dull aura. I didn't feel any tension in either Madara's-Obito's speeches or Neji's last words or Hinata's words to wake Naruto. Actually im just glad the story moves on.
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Jun 5, 2014 9:43 AM

Sep 2008
I love Neji as character, yet I felt 0 sadness when he died.

I blame last 100 or so episodes which featured a total of maybe few minutes of Neji.
Like, he wasn't even present besides some war stuff. He fought a few white Zetsus and that's about it when it comes to Neji.

Well, Neji gone, moving on.

Hell, I felt more emotions for Shikaku.
nina4lifeJun 5, 2014 9:53 AM
Jun 5, 2014 10:30 AM
Jan 2013
This episode was really good. I had tears in my eyes almost the full episode!
Yes, I don't read the manga so I didn't know this would happen but for the people that do... like seriously stop complaining about every minor detail! You'll never get to like a Anime this way if you just dislike everything that is not according to the manga. Naruto is a good anime and manga, I've been following it for like 8 years now and I've never even disliked it once. Nothing is perfect, the anime can't just follow the manga on every detail. I've so much more to say but I'll leave it with this for now. Don't want to start a useless fight.
Jun 5, 2014 10:31 AM

Apr 2014
It felt a lot more dramatic in the manga to me while it seemed like it just happened and was over with in the anime. At least to me anyways.
Jun 5, 2014 10:50 AM
Mar 2013
Sooo did they actually die or are they going to pull off some ressurection bullshit like during Pain's Invasion Arc? Becouse that would be just low, even for Naruto.

And this episode showed the biggest problem of Naruto. Well, apart from infinite spoilers. It centeres too much on Naruto and Sasuke and left all the other characters in the dust. I don't even think there is a character that could die by this point to make me give a damn. It sure has fallen since deaths of Jiraya and Itachi.
"Well if you have criticisms as a consumer of retail item X, then why don't you step down from your role as consumer and critic and become a creator of the sort of item you were hoping to buy and had thought you had been promised, since everyone knows that the only logical, rational solution to displeasure with a product is to become a manufacturer."
Jun 5, 2014 10:53 AM

Sep 2010
all those crybabies on here lol.. this episode is shit that episode is not good this episode is bad.. and still you keep watching.

or at least you're here week after week to continue trolling
Jun 5, 2014 10:57 AM

Feb 2014
Of course Neji died right before the Mountain Jutsu was used.
I walk a lonely road because everyone else fell off
Jun 5, 2014 10:58 AM

Jul 2013
Meh, they could have handled these deaths much better...

Sydonis said:
And this episode showed the biggest problem of Naruto. Well, apart from infinite spoilers. It centeres too much on Naruto and Sasuke and left all the other characters in the dust. I don't even think there is a character that could die by this point to make me give a damn. It sure has fallen since deaths of Jiraya and Itachi.

As much as I'd like to disagree with you, I'll have to agree on that one. -.-
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Jun 5, 2014 10:59 AM

Jan 2013
I thought the animation was great this episode. Definitely in the top 10 percent of Naruto episodes.

Great episode
Jun 5, 2014 11:16 AM
Aug 2012
Uh I don't think I can watch anymore if this, mainly because of the animation. The scale of this final battle is large and the animators just cannot live up to it. The whole fight looks like a group of 30'ish Shinobi taking on the 10 tails. I understand its extremely difficult, so here's hoping the Blu Ray might do it justice, and actually have what looks like a whole army taking it down.

And it's only going to get bigger from here...
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
Yesterday, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 23, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.