Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 31, 2014 2:43 AM

Oct 2010
Ghostalker said:
Whether it's the latest Steins;Gate, Ano Hana or Rebellion movie all are cash grabs, what is important though is if these movies tried to add new things to the series, I think Rebellion did it with flying colors.

By the way the reset in Madoka Magica is a very important part of the story, because it tells something a lot about Homura and her character. She cannot let go of Madoka, she is going round and round where nothing advances. Rebellion made it clear what Homura really is.

But the story's didn't need those new things added in (they're not long running shounen series) their story's were done. Anything added after is just a blatant cashgrab to prolong successful series.

The problem is that Madoka's reset ending erased all the parts we were supposed to feel things for. Why should I care about any characters deaths throughout the series when they're all alive again at the end?
May 31, 2014 2:59 AM
May 2014
judojon said:
Ruko is as milquetoast as a character can get, which makes her a poor choice for a central character. All she's done so far is cry and be indecisive. Her personal conflict is easily solved so it carries no weight, all she has to do is play normal games of WIXOSS that don't involve LRIGs.

Problem is that regular games isn't what she wants. She basically hungers after playing selector battles,
in other words playing for real.
This clashes with her "don't be a bother" attitude and her "opinion" that crushing wishes for fun isn't right
especially if she have none herself (the latter might be part of her denial).
Whether she does one or the other she would still be conflicted about it.

I can't say that the characters are perfect in any way, but that is fine by me.
I'm surprised that I've come to love this series even though I can't stand the usual cardbattle anime.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
May 31, 2014 3:53 AM

Nov 2011
SimmianPrime said:
Ghostalker said:
Whether it's the latest Steins;Gate, Ano Hana or Rebellion movie all are cash grabs, what is important though is if these movies tried to add new things to the series, I think Rebellion did it with flying colors.

By the way the reset in Madoka Magica is a very important part of the story, because it tells something a lot about Homura and her character. She cannot let go of Madoka, she is going round and round where nothing advances. Rebellion made it clear what Homura really is.

But the story's didn't need those new things added in (they're not long running shounen series) their story's were done. Anything added after is just a blatant cashgrab to prolong successful series.

The problem is that Madoka's reset ending erased all the parts we were supposed to feel things for. Why should I care about any characters deaths throughout the series when they're all alive again at the end?

And? They would be crazy to not do it. That goes for everything that makes an insane amount of money.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
May 31, 2014 4:26 AM

Feb 2013
R4vel said:
Probably because card games animes aren't very appealing to the audience?

If only this Anime was about card games. The duels are completely unimportant...

YGO is still very popular btw, because they actually use the cards not just talk about them.

To answer the question: This Anime fails completely as a marketing device. Furthermore Ruko is probably already the most annoying main character of the year.
May 31, 2014 4:48 AM
May 2014
Skyguardian said:
To answer the question: This Anime fails completely as a marketing device. Furthermore Ruko is probably already the most annoying main character of the year.

It was never meant to be a marketing device in the normal sense.
Those that want to watch the regular cardbattle advertisements might feel that this series is missing that part.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
May 31, 2014 4:52 AM

Oct 2010
rederoin said:
And? They would be crazy to not do it. That goes for everything that makes an insane amount of money.

I can't wait for Harry Potter 8-29 (and then 30-87 to be done after JK's death) or 17 more Transformers movies all directed by Michael Bay. Hayao Miyazaki is just plain stupid for not making any sequels to his films $$$$$

It may be the right thing to do money wise but milking a successful franchise for every drop it's worth is a very bad thing quality wise. Since all every subsequent installment manages to do is taint the brand as a whole. Once a story is done then it's done, adding new stuff afterwords is just plain milking.
May 31, 2014 6:16 AM

Nov 2011
SimmianPrime said:
rederoin said:

I can't wait for Harry Potter 8-29 (and then 30-87 to be done after JK's death) or 17 more Transformers movies all directed by Michael Bay. Hayao Miyazaki is just plain stupid for not making any sequels to his films $$$$$

It may be the right thing to do money wise but milking a successful franchise for every drop it's worth is a very bad thing quality wise. Since all every subsequent installment manages to do is taint the brand as a whole. Once a story is done then it's done, adding new stuff afterwords is just plain milking.

Doesn't change anything about what I said, its just supply & demand.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
May 31, 2014 6:59 AM

Sep 2010
rederoin said:
SimmianPrime said:
rederoin said:

@SimmianPrime

But Rebellion added new stuff, in fact it made clear what Homura character really is, something that many people (me included) had overlook when the TV series is ongoing, Like it or not, the end of Rebellion is the new ending of Madoka Magica, and will be the ending unless the Madoka Quartet decided to add a new continuation in the form of movie/series.

@rederoin

Yeah, a lot of people is chanting "sequel please" the same people who asked for a sequel and hated the sequel but still they are asking "sequel please"

Addendum:
This is getting very off topic, talking about Madoka in a Selector WIXOSS thread that is.
GhostalkerJun 1, 2014 12:21 PM
May 31, 2014 4:58 PM

Oct 2010
rederoin said:

Which is an incredibly stupid way to make a series if you actually care about quality and integrity.

Ghostalker said:
But Rebellion added new stuff, in fact it made clear what Homura character really is, something that many people (me included) had overlook when the TV series is ongoing, Like it or not, the end of Rebellion is the new ending of Madoka Magica, and will be the ending unless the Madoka Quartet decided to add a new continuation in the form of movie/series.

That's a stupid argument. The "new stuff" didn't need to be there, it was all created after the series was finished and tacked on just for the sake of making new stuff/making more money.

The series was finished, but they want to milk it for all that it's worth and fanboys (apparently like yourself) will lap that shit up and make up excuse after excuse as to why it's not a cash grab pure and simple. As I said above, I can't wait for the next 87 Harry Potter books. After all, they'll all add "new stuff" to the series so it's alright, right?
May 31, 2014 11:23 PM
May 2013
differentWhy are people disliking this anime?[/quote said:

It has an average rating of 7.08 out of 10, and that's an overview of over 5k people, which means that more people like it then dislike it On top of that, it's getting a second season.

You have nothing to worry about. Just calm down and continue to enjoy it like most of us here are.
---

I'm really into anime, but I don't have many people to talk about it with reguarly. So please, add me on AIM: Superrpgman2003 or Skype:Superrpgman. Or just send me a private message here.
Jun 1, 2014 8:57 AM

Nov 2012
SimmianPrime said:
Kerozinn said:
everything of this is why the show is no more than 5/10 for me after 9 episodes.

and people comparing it to madoka magica..please stop embarrassing yourself!

I know right.....this is already way better than Madoka.

And why exactly? Without relying to calling it's movie a cashgrab. Rebellion is irrelevant, or are you arguing Wixoss is better than Rebellion and not the original series?
Jun 1, 2014 9:45 AM

Oct 2009
neehow said:
LMFAO Modaka and this anime are both SHIT ahhahahaha TOPKEK
Troll
Jun 1, 2014 11:13 AM
Oct 2012
This anime is full of reasons as to why it is not enjoyable, the story is not compelling since there really is no point in it, some girls trying to make their wish come true only to be discovered that it's their LRIG who gets to enjoy the actual wish. Meaning, if they lose, they get their wish tainted and have to live with the consequences, BUT, if they win, they also don't get the wish for themselves. So there's really no point in playing.
And as stated by many in the topic, the characters are just pathetic, maybe Yuzuki would be likeable if she didn't get pissed off for no reason at all.
When the story and characters of an anime are just plain bad, there's really not much anyone can do. Other things such as art and music may also count towards an overall score but the two main things are already lacking, otherwise you'd have slideshows displaying awesome art and some great music in the background pose as anime (taking it to the extreme, but you get the point).

Also, the way wishes work is too vague in some cases. If you compare the consequences of Hitoe's wish with Akira's it doesn't make that much sense. Hitoe wanted friends, so the 'opposite' was something like "no more friends". However Akira wanted Iona to be unsuccessful, how come the 'opposite' of that is "Akira being unsuccessful"? Doesn't add up tbh, the wish just backfired, it didn't change at all. Had it stayed true to what Hanayo said, it should have been something like "Iona will be even more successful". But then again, that would be less dramatic so I guess it's completely fine to change the 'rules' middle anime.

And let's be honest here, the mc is just too op. Someone stated that she is just really good at the game, but that's not really the case at the start. One could agree that she gets better as the episodes go by, but in the first episode where Yuzuki comments on how strong Ruko is and on how she might have lost if the battle had kept going is just ridiculous. How can she be strong if she didnt even know how to play? Sad.

To sum it up, there's really a lot of reasons for someone to not like this anime as it does have some undeniable flaws. I'm more concerned as to how can people like it and why?
Jun 1, 2014 1:49 PM

Nov 2012
alexbf30 said:
Also, the way wishes work is too vague in some cases. If you compare the consequences of Hitoe's wish with Akira's it doesn't make that much sense. Hitoe wanted friends, so the 'opposite' was something like "no more friends". However Akira wanted Iona to be unsuccessful, how come the 'opposite' of that is "Akira being unsuccessful"? Doesn't add up tbh, the wish just backfired, it didn't change at all. Had it stayed true to what Hanayo said, it should have been something like "Iona will be even more successful". But then again, that would be less dramatic so I guess it's completely fine to change the 'rules' middle anime.

I don't know how idol careers work exactly, but won't Akira getting permanently fired from idol activity (assuming her scar is permanent) make Iona more successful? Less competition or, more appearance for Iona now that Akira is out of the magazines. One thing to note though is that Akira would get fired even if she didn't lose 3 times, as she was dedicating her time to Wixoss and pushing her job aside.
This reenforces the idea that the girls' wishes don't really need any Wixoss magic to come true -- Hitoe got friends without winning, Yuzuki would probably get her brother's love if she had only confessed -- and Akira could possibly (expecting confirmation from future episodes) get more successful than Iona had she dedicated for her job instead of for Wixoss.
I think the final message will be that wishes can be achieved by your own will and... playing card games with other girls to achieve your wishes is bad, uh, kids don't do that. If you consider that to achieve your wish you have to dimish the chance of other girls achieving their own, you could compare it to an act of egoism? In this scenario, you achieve your wish by making other girls lose, not only will you potentially harm their lives, you'll also pontentially switch places with another girl. Ruko will probably be the one to break this cycle.
It's still foggy to trace any meaning to the show, in the end, it's proably just mere advertising to another card game. My hopes are close to 0 considering how shit-writing filled the show is, time will tell.

I agree with the rest of your post.
Jun 1, 2014 3:11 PM
Oct 2012
Kimono_Kitsune said:
alexbf30 said:

I don't know how idol careers work exactly, but won't Akira getting permanently fired from idol activity (assuming her scar is permanent) make Iona more successful? Less competition or, more appearance for Iona now that Akira is out of the magazines.

I could potentially see it like that, however there is no indication that even suggests the possibility of Iona being threatened by Akira and her modelling career. So in my point of view the fact that Akira got fired was just irrelevant to Iona. Even when the modeling agency was talking about firing Akira, they wanted to replace her with some other girl and not Iona, making the two of them seem even more unrelated.
But then again, you could be right as you stated some valid points.
Jun 2, 2014 11:51 PM

Feb 2014
I think this show is pretty good.

#guiltyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Jun 6, 2014 4:13 AM

Feb 2007
alexbf30 said:
Kimono_Kitsune said:

I don't know how idol careers work exactly, but won't Akira getting permanently fired from idol activity (assuming her scar is permanent) make Iona more successful? Less competition or, more appearance for Iona now that Akira is out of the magazines.

I could potentially see it like that, however there is no indication that even suggests the possibility of Iona being threatened by Akira and her modelling career. So in my point of view the fact that Akira got fired was just irrelevant to Iona. Even when the modeling agency was talking about firing Akira, they wanted to replace her with some other girl and not Iona, making the two of them seem even more unrelated.
But then again, you could be right as you stated some valid points.

It's not about Iona, though. It's about Akira. She wanted to destroy Iona and was destroyed herself when the wish was reversed. Her wish, her responsibility to bear the consequences. Having the reversed wish have no effect on Akira would be much less in line with the 'rules', as you call them.
Jun 6, 2014 11:30 AM
Aug 2013
because it is bad
Jun 6, 2014 12:51 PM
Jan 2011
Incest - pure and simple reason.
Jun 6, 2014 4:22 PM

Nov 2013
alexbf30 said:

I might be mistaken, but wasn't Akira's wish something like "Destroy Iona career by being more successful than her"? After all, her wish was based on jealousy, she wanted to be where Iona was, with all the spotlights on her.

This would explain the losing consequence, since the opposite of destroying Iona career by being more successful, would be boost Iona career by destroying her own success.

This was exactly what happened after:
* If I remember the story well, Iona was being interviewed due to her increasing success, at the same time that on the other side of the office, people were complaining how Akira was unprofessional and losing fans, which led them to change the magazine cover.
* To impose a permanent consequence (like Hitoe losing the memories, feeling pain when touching or remembering friends, and so on), Akira was given a huge scar that would insure that she was never able to recover her success, and therefore forever be banned from the modeling career.

Edit: typo
DarkMoonWolfJun 6, 2014 4:27 PM
Personal tastes are like peoples behinds, each one has its own,
and only those who wants to find [...] will smell one another.

Jun 6, 2014 8:48 PM

Feb 2014
DarkMoonWolf said:
alexbf30 said:

I might be mistaken, but wasn't Akira's wish something like "Destroy Iona career by being more successful than her"? After all, her wish was based on jealousy, she wanted to be where Iona was, with all the spotlights on her.

This would explain the losing consequence, since the opposite of destroying Iona career by being more successful, would be boost Iona career by destroying her own success.

* If I remember the story well, Iona was being interviewed due to her increasing success, at the same time that on the other side of the office, people were complaining how Akira was unprofessional and losing fans, which led them to change the magazine cover.
* To impose a permanent consequence (like Hitoe losing the memories, feeling pain when touching or remembering friends, and so on), Akira was given a huge scar that would insure that she was never able to recover her success, and therefore forever be banned from the modeling career.

Well, if Akira got her wish instead. Probably, Akira's LRIG(which became Akira herself) just send assassin and murder Iona or at least put an ugly scar on Iona's face or something that might destroy Iona.
Jun 7, 2014 4:10 AM

Mar 2012
The one thing I'll say about the ratings on this show is I am surprised to see it in the low 7s on MAL.

...not going to admit to it being as good as the aforementioned Madoka Magica because it is clearly not. However, look at some of the shows that are rated higher than this. I mean, fucking Kakumeiki Valverape is rated higher than this show for Christ sake! You'd be willing to tell me people hate this show because of it's flaws, but would rate a garbage show like Kakumeiki Valverape higher (for the record, I actually don't hate Kakumeiki Valvrave, but I groan at people that rate that show higher than this one).

To be honest, the one turnoff I have from this show is I am not a fan of the whole Kazuki/Yuzuki incestuous wish plot line. I'll admit, it's pretty overbearing and gross. I don't know if it's a cultural thing, but I don't see how you can sympathize with one of your lead characters over that. I don't agree with Yuzuki's logic in regards to that relationship that she'll never love anyone else. That's just childish. Human feelings change all the time. I was once in love and was in a pretty serious relationship...until a few events happened that changed my whole perspective on the relationship and I fell out of love with that person. Putting the incest aside, Yuzuki needed someone to tell her that you just need to meet more people and perhaps you'll find someone you'll love more than Kazuki. I'm guessing that for the most part, that plot line is going to be behind us and it'll be more about Ruko, Iona, and Hitoe, which I am completely fine with since you can't really despise Hitoe's wish, Iona's is just mysterious, and Ruko is still trying to figure her's out. That should make this show at least a little more tolerable to watch.

My one other complaint is the wishes do seem pretty selfish thus far. Although, perhaps the writer's way of saying that we are selfish? I would like to see where this goes in regards to Ruko's "wish" because perhaps there is an underlying message in all this and we just need it to play out. I have seen that sort of thing in some of the anime I've seen (like Shinsekai yori).

Perhaps it is the card game aspect of this show that bring out a lot of hate. Honestly, I didn't start watching this show because of the card game aspects. It gave off the impression that it was going to be a dark, gritty series that is going to go beyond "just a mere card game" and so far, it has.

Overall, the best way I can describe the reaction toward this show is that I am a bit miffed at the reaction toward it. While I wouldn't call this show great, I don't think it's nearly as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. Yes, I know people are allowed to feel however they want toward anime and I'm not going to tell people that they should like this series. I'm just a bit perplexed by the hate directed toward this series. I can think of many more anime that are easier to hate on than this series, but seem to get better ratings than this one.
Jun 7, 2014 8:39 AM

Nov 2012
Other shows being overrated shouldn't really justify anything.
If Wixoss got a high score it would be on the list of "anime that are easier to hate on than series X". As is it is now, it only means there is -1 overrated series.
Jun 8, 2014 9:05 AM
Oct 2012
DarkMoonWolf said:
alexbf30 said:

DarkMoonWolf said:
[color=red]
alexbf30 said:

I might be mistaken, but wasn't Akira's wish something like "Destroy Iona career by being more successful than her"?

If this was indeed the case, then I guess the consequence was okay
Jun 8, 2014 8:05 PM

Feb 2013
I dislike the art style of Madoka because it irks me a lot. This anime to me is more of Madoka+Yugioh. So i like this anime as something satisfying to watch considering how i don't normally watch 'dark', eerie anime. Plus the art style is much better than Madoka imo
Jun 9, 2014 7:42 PM
Apr 2014
I think this show is unfairly rated as low 7's, especially on a site where the average score for a good anime is at a 8.

This is a great show, I honestly have no idea why it's rated so low.
Jun 10, 2014 3:44 AM

Feb 2007
mrmariokartguy said:
I think this show is unfairly rated as low 7's, especially on a site where the average score for a good anime is at a 8.

Well, on the positive side, the rating has been steadily rising since ep 8, having been exactly 7 before that.
Jun 10, 2014 11:25 AM

Aug 2013
To be hounest i love this anime :P everyone has their own opinions and like every anime this anime has flaws but then again it is still airing and i like many people am not a fan of card game anime but i can safely say that this anime has more going for it and who knows maybe it will become even darker going into the second season
basically u either love it or hate it =)
Jun 11, 2014 3:58 AM
May 2014
Zatheyll said:
Red_Keys said:
I haven't seen this.

"WIXOSS is a card game that's popular with teenagers. Supposedly there exist "LRIG Cards," female character cards with wills of their own"- And I stopped reading the synopsis. Is this one of those "only cute girls are allowed to exist" shows? Looks like it.

Not in the slightest.

It's more a mold of Madoka x Rozen Maiden. By the director of Steins;Gate.

It's a thriller/psychological show.

I'm glad someone else was reminded of Rozen Maiden.
Jun 11, 2014 4:03 AM
May 2014
dragonlight said:
Well that's MAL for you. I don't see why though, MAL loves madoka and this show is basically a darker madoka with trading cards. It seems MAL is a little fickle. Oh well, it doesn't matter anyway, you should just learn to ignore ratings.

It seems once something's been deemed "groundbreaking," anything that tries to replicate its success is automatically written off as "trying too hard" and "lame." Look at what happened with Daybreak Illusion.

I personally enjoy it. The main character is rather bland, and I can't relate to the characters. However, I enjoy the plot twists and the overall concept. Also with the card games being boring: It didn't occur to me how boring they were before, but come to think of it every time there's a card game I can't wait for it to end so we can go back to the plot. So I guess they really are boring.

Let's see:
Two characters just love battling, one might have a new wish soon to save her friends or whatever
One wanted to ruin another person's life
One wanted friends
One wanted to be with her brother

I was annoyed by how painfully shy Hitoe was, but come to think of it, people who suffer social anxiety may behave similarly in real life. Maybe if they had given her a background of psychological issues and a fear of connecting with others it could have been executed better than "oh I just moved here and I have an accent."

The last one was......well it depends on your views of incest. Though I do understand how conflicted she must feel. I really wish she would be more open to falling in love with someone else and take her brother's feelings into consideration instead of just wanting "him to be mine."

And Akira is just a piece of shit.
DragonfruittJun 11, 2014 4:22 AM
Jun 13, 2014 12:24 AM
Oct 2012
Lol, this show is ranked lower than even serious cardgame anime (yugioh, vanguard)
Jun 13, 2014 6:12 PM

Nov 2013
WhiteJoker said:
To be hounest i love this anime :P everyone has their own opinions and like every anime this anime has flaws but then again it is still airing and i like many people am not a fan of card game anime but i can safely say that this anime has more going for it and who knows maybe it will become even darker going into the second season
basically u either love it or hate it =)

Not really. I'm rather indifferent. Just wanting to kno the reason behind vrything lrdy. And seeing how they're going to stretch that into 2-cour...so be it.
Jun 14, 2014 2:37 AM

Nov 2009
KanameFujiwara said:
Incest - pure and simple reason.

The main reason why I kept watching it, so no.

watd said:
because it is bad

^this.
Jun 15, 2014 4:03 AM

Aug 2013
I was slightly upset with this Anime in the beginning because they were really, really misleading with the trailers. I was not expecting this to honestly be a card game Anime... Granted, I could have easily done more research and found out what this show would be about, but I rarely do that for the shows I watch. I simply watch the trailers and that's it.
Jun 15, 2014 4:09 AM

Jan 2013
The director and writers are throwing every possible chance of showing dramatic/epic/shock effect away and make it plain just as yogurt.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 21, 2014 10:25 PM

Jan 2013
Because on MAL haters and trolls are louder than fans.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Jun 22, 2014 1:34 AM

May 2014
DawnJ said:
The director and writers are throwing every possible chance of showing dramatic/epic/shock effect away and make it plain just as yogurt.
Pretty much, not to mention the plot became so contrived and convoluted that there is absolutely no way to reddem it.
It was a good watch for the season, and it gave me an idea of what a trainwreck is really like.
Jun 22, 2014 4:38 PM
May 2013
mrmariokartguy said:

A couple of things.

First, most of the ratings were in before the show finished airing. After the first two weeks it was rated a high 6. A lot of people judged this based on their first impressions. Since its finale it has come up from low to mid 7 and it will probably increase with time as people marathon it. Imagine how much better you'd rate this anime if you didn't have to wait 3 weeks between episodes 8 and 11.

Second, people are shy about giving this show a really generous rating because of its generic nature. In the end it's still a card game commercial, even if it's a really good one. So even if people liked it more than anything else this season they'd be more likely to give it a 9 than a 10 because it doesn't have the same perceived artistic merit as things like Steins;Gate, Mushishi, Madoka Magica, etc. I think this is especially due to the fact that, as a slower-paced show, it is more likely to appeal to the same demographic that enjoy artsy stuff.
Jun 23, 2014 12:17 AM

Sep 2013
Because of the bad first episodes ^^
i hate it in the first 5 episodes
but now i give it 10
Jun 23, 2014 3:23 AM

Oct 2011
wow i went here a while ago and it was around 6.9 and now it's 7.4 . Looks like im pcking this up
Jun 23, 2014 4:27 AM

Jun 2014
People have different opinions.
At first me myself was interested in this, but just after a few seconds watching episode 1 I ended up dropping it.

But I take myself to finish them in 1 day and it was great.
Jul 13, 2014 1:40 PM
Jun 2013
Because it is a carbon copy of Madoka Magica. Whoever wrote this show literally took Madoka and replaced any mention of witches, soul gems, etc. with cards. Events, character developments, and theme revelations play out EXACTLY how they did in Madoka. If this show came out in 2010, it would be amazing, but we've already seen this exact story (done better and with a satisfying ending in 12 episodes might I add).
Jul 13, 2014 1:49 PM

May 2014
RCTDude said:
Because it is a carbon copy of Madoka Magica. Whoever wrote this show literally took Madoka and replaced any mention of witches, soul gems, etc. with cards. Events, character developments, and theme revelations play out EXACTLY how they did in Madoka. If this show came out in 2010, it would be amazing, but we've already seen this exact story (done better and with a satisfying ending in 12 episodes might I add).
Sorry to burst your bubble, if this is the case, Madoka ripped off Mai-HIME then.
Sep 3, 2014 12:59 AM

Jan 2012
pretty sure it's the wincest theme and half naked loli's fighting that are putting people off, especially females
Oct 5, 2014 6:34 PM

Feb 2014
mezzo12 said:
Because of the bad first episodes ^^
i hate it in the first 5 episodes
but now i give it 10

I'd definitely agree with this. In the first couple of episodes, I was thinking it was going to be a 6-7/10 series. But SIW is one of those shows which gets better and better with every new episode, so in the end I rated it a 9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2015 5:38 AM
Sep 2014
flaxman85 said:
pretty sure it's the wincest theme and half naked loli's fighting that are putting people off, especially females

True, but characters in games are like that since i know myself. Jumping boobs, half naked etc.
I dont see anything new or wierd in this anime, they are playing game where characters are half naked.

Its more this
Ex-Tio said:
There are people who are unable to enjoy an anime for what it is.

People who are looking for details (reviewers) are unable to enjoy the shows fully.
Apr 12, 2015 9:48 AM

Jun 2013
>> Why are people disliking this anime?
Because is fail to representative what WIXOSS game itself
At least for me
I maybe like this show if JC Staff make the battle very close to official WIXOSS ruler
But from what i see, is happen alot to ignore some basic WIXOSS ruler
I so disappointed
I always waiting if someday there is anime card battle exist with female MC
But what i got is this shit
Psychological element also standar & boring as hell
Better to watch Psycho-pass or Mirai Nikki for dark psyho anime

Last thing
If JC Staff want to make good card battle anime
Better to learn from Studio Gallop
I don't need moe-shit-anime pretending to become moe-card-battle-anime
SSSS_ShunariaApr 12, 2015 10:02 AM
May 20, 2015 1:08 PM
May 2014
Hidayat246 said:
>> Why are people disliking this anime?
Because is fail to representative what WIXOSS game itself
At least for me
I maybe like this show if JC Staff make the battle very close to official WIXOSS ruler
But from what i see, is happen alot to ignore some basic WIXOSS ruler
I so disappointed
...snip...
I don't need moe-shit-anime pretending to become moe-card-battle-anime

This isn't a regular kiddie cardbattle anime (which you seem to compare it to).
The cardgame itself isn't the main "actor", the characters and their interactions are.

If you still expect the former when you're at the end of this season..well..
-- Lord fifth
Jun 30, 2015 2:02 AM

Jan 2015
rederoin said:
Red_Keys said:
I haven't seen this.

"WIXOSS is a card game that's popular with teenagers. Supposedly there exist "LRIG Cards," female character cards with wills of their own"- And I stopped reading the synopsis. Is this one of those "only cute girls are allowed to exist" shows? Looks like it.

I love how you always go into forums about shows you don't watch, and then comment about the show itself.

where is the like button?
Thumbs Up
Jul 11, 2015 7:26 AM

Apr 2015
Spread was so-so but Infected in itself was a compact, great series of anime. IMO this is sorely underrated.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

250 by JustHarris34 »»
Feb 13, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

249 by Homurice »»
Jan 14, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

272 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 10:58 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

97 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

82 by Myabyelo789N »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.