Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 21, 2008 7:45 PM

May 2007
OmegaSpartan said:
Was just me or did the animation look a little off in this episode? Mainly, the faces of all the characters.
You're not the only one. The Yoshida GIF I posted above is a blatant example.
Jan 21, 2008 8:35 PM

Oct 2007
cyruz said:
W00t! Great episode.

So the Pheles we saw was an Avatar. That explains a lot. But I wondered where this show was heading with Pheles as an enemy out of the way. Guess I got my answer. Very much looking forward to the next episode, to see which role Fumina's playing.

I cant wait to see Fumina's roll in there as well...
It bound to be fun, maybe we get some sort of huge battle royal :P
Jan 21, 2008 8:59 PM

Dec 2007
ChiBuki said:
OmegaSpartan said:
Was just me or did the animation look a little off in this episode? Mainly, the faces of all the characters.
You're not the only one. The Yoshida GIF I posted above is a blatant example.

Good, I'm not just seeing things. Well, I also thought it was pretty terrible in the beginning of the episode where Wilhelmina is holding Pheles. Wilhelmina looked terribly old during that scene. Anyways, the episode was a good plot mover, but I didn't get as much enjoyment out of it as last week's episode.
Jan 21, 2008 9:10 PM
Dec 2007
Finally. I've been waiting for the series to return to the form of Season 1, and it's taken us this long to get there. A nice mix of tugging at the viewer's heartstrings, colorful display of action, and sudden misdirection. Here's hoping we get more of the same as the show heads to the finish.
Jan 21, 2008 10:57 PM

Oct 2007
Brilliant episode.

Pheles had me fooled there. Although I knew Pheles wouldn't be defeated persuaded so easily, I was led to believe that she was changing for the good.

Then came the scene where we saw the bottom half of her face turn into an evil smile...
(totally reminded me of Death Note)

Can't wait for the next episode. I really want to see what part Konoe has to play in all this.
Jan 21, 2008 11:35 PM

Aug 2007
I cant wait for the next episode. We should finally get some answers, and see a good fight at the same time.
Jan 22, 2008 12:32 AM

Aug 2007
wow. And I thought the Pheles conflict was gonna end up to be a letdown, that happens. 3 armed Yuji ftw!
Jan 22, 2008 3:42 AM

Jun 2007
another awesome episode... this slow paced episode didnt bother me at all. after all, we are going to get some violent love next week.

i wouldnt be surprised if instead of a normal romance, they decide to give us a yuri between shana and yoshida. yuuji might be too absent minded to even realize that
Jan 22, 2008 3:46 AM

Dec 2007
An episode which was better than the last part of the season, but not perfect (the first 2/3 were boring) the end was good. In the next episode, we will see that Konoe = Hecate & Butler = Metamorphosis...... Well, we knew that from the beginning........
Jan 22, 2008 3:47 AM

Jan 2008
oh man. i watched this ep with a couple of my buddies, and we all stood up and shouted at the end!! dude, only Shana can pull these kind of twists off and keep me on edge like this... freakin' glorious. my friends all love Pheles, but i was still inclined to believe she had something else up her sleeve... DAMN i love this series!!
Jan 22, 2008 4:13 AM

Jun 2007
Yay,finally,Konoe's secrets is going to be revealed...yay..
Jan 22, 2008 7:37 AM

Jul 2007
FUCK OFF!!! Really this ep was IMBA AMAZING AWESOME BLA BLA BLA!!!! i loved it i cant believe what happened to the end... It cant even be compared with the season 1st half i have a feeling that as far we progress on the story the ratings are gonna hit the stars!!!!
I means its still has a lot of mysteries many plot twists and fights comming on!!! It is soooooo great i love it!!! i CANT CANT CANT w8 for the next ep damn!!
I cant make any predictios but im 100% sure that the finnalle is gonna be great!
Jan 22, 2008 10:27 AM

Sep 2007
I do hope Pheles doesn't die
Ah cheese, the devil's play thing.

Jan 22, 2008 4:39 PM

Jun 2007
I have never look foward for a shakugan no shana episode (not even in 1st season) the animation is excellent, shana is kawaiiiiii, the story is interesting, but somehow it doesnt make me love it as much as it should be. but I absolutely love this episode, seeing shana battle in her costume last ep. was great, but finally Im looking foward for the next episode, cant wait to find out what going to happen with pheles.
the second season is getting better x333
Jan 22, 2008 6:54 PM

Aug 2007
I. Need. Moar. Shana. Naow.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Jan 23, 2008 1:35 AM

Dec 2007
What's there to say besides

"DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNN..."

Shana 2nd was kinda slow and dull until Pheles' appearance, good thing it's gotten interesting.
Jan 23, 2008 7:59 AM

Apr 2007
I like Pheles more and more. Even though I also fell for her acting at the end of the episode I was really happy to see her evil smile that proved that the Pheles-part is not over yet. ^^

I also like Yoshida abit better, I used to hate her in the first season, but it seems the more Shana befriends her, the less I hate her. XD (and yay for some getting dressed fanservice)
Jan 24, 2008 2:09 PM

Jan 2008
Hmm, cliffhanger..can't wait for next eps~
Jul 20, 2008 11:37 PM

Apr 2008
so hecate's butler is the silver tomogara?

and did anyone else think that it was weird that Pheles raised Johan from a child and then they became lovers!? Oedipus complex for real.

oh yeah here in case u missed it

hawt Kazumi is hawt

Oct 5, 2008 2:19 PM

Aug 2008
Definately a great twist in the end of this episode. Maybe the first really unexpected one.
Oct 13, 2008 10:20 PM

May 2008
wow, certainly a lot of wtf's at the end there. pheles is a betch, and kazumi should mind her own business, honestly. Really, she just doesnt belong in creepyland...

on the POSITIVE side (lol) another good episode. I love how we actually get to see the "story" behind why the reiji maigo always looks so weird and "gear"-y
Mar 24, 2009 6:42 PM

Nov 2008
so Pheles wasn't good after all..
and what's with those bracelets...
Tosi ystävyys ei jäädy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Jul 18, 2009 10:43 PM

Dec 2008
lol...betrayal. Yeah that was pretty much unexpected and I kinda felt sorry for the others. To feel like you accomplish something then in the end it was all to waste. I am getting kind of tired of Yuji going all crazy every time he's in trouble. He could at least try to fight back with the training he has been doing.
Jul 19, 2009 10:16 AM

Dec 2008
yeah konoe and her butler looked way too suspicious with those silver bracelets.
it might just be my imagination but i suspect they directly have something to do with silver.
Jan 20, 2010 5:31 PM

Nov 2009
There was so much progress in this single episode.. im confused about the arm extending out of yuji, does that mean the whole being could come out of him?? or does it have something to do with kanoe and her butler's bracelet...
Feb 13, 2010 2:37 PM

Jan 2009
Yes , it makes perfect sense. When you have a powerful Guze no Tomogara that tried to kill Yuji and attacked the school, you transfer some energy into her, "feeding" her, and because some "mere human" is convinced that "she can understand", you take her to a school festival where of course there are a lot of people. [/end sarcasm]

This is why SnS will never be called a shounen ... Just think about it: if this was DGM, I'd be like bringing a level 3 to a feeding ground and hoping that it won't eat anyone :|. I can't even begin to understand what the writers of this anime are thinking...

But the end was exactly as I expected :D. Tomogara's are evil. Period.

Oct 10, 2010 1:36 PM

Feb 2010
about time something happens luckily it didn't end with some cheesy shit
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2010 4:38 AM

Sep 2008
Yay~ Awesome episode. So nice to have the real plot as the main focus now.

Sadly, I'm usually over-suspicious and was completely doubting Pheles right up until the end... when my suspicions were confirmed. XD I didn't think she could just be written off as "converted" or "not an enemy" so easily. Nice of Yoshida to try though.

Excited to see who Konoe really is. :D And that butler of hers.

And it will be cool to watch the mystery of who/"what" Yuuji really is... and what's happened with the Reiji Maigo and everything. It kind of freaked me out that an arm... came out of him though. o_O
Jan 16, 2011 3:54 AM

Sep 2010
OH SH-
Sep 18, 2011 5:18 PM

Jan 2011
I don't think you can generalize about Tomogaras that way--remember that all flame haze are partnered with a Tomogara as well, and the Corpse Retriever did not seem evil. Pheles is totally obsessed with Johan, and we were about to see her inner yandere come out--except Yugi's got there first!

While Pheles objected to Yoshida's presence, she didn't do so for Satou--wonder what is happening there.

And as numerous people have said, shit is about to get real...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 26, 2011 3:40 PM
Apr 2011
Holy fuck
Jan 6, 2012 10:31 AM

Mar 2011
Pheles turned into a badass.
Aug 10, 2012 2:17 PM

Mar 2012
Great ending, excited to see what happens.

Still wanting Yoshida to die, but hopefully she gets hardly any screentime and we can find out Konoe's story!
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Nov 3, 2012 2:11 PM

Apr 2012
Rock off. But nice ending.
Jan 18, 2013 11:26 AM

Apr 2012
Yoshida was pretty annoying this episode - oh why did you take her with you Shana? I was actually glad that Pheles wasn't actually moved by all of Yoshida's crap she kept spouting off throughout the episode.

Also, it has to suck to be expecting to meet your lover again only to have a hole punched through you.
Jul 6, 2013 12:42 PM
Aug 2012
cool, another episode where nothing happens 90 percent of the time and then a little snip of drama at the end... god i cant stand this second season
Jul 17, 2013 2:17 PM

May 2013
yey all episodes now are serious i thought the real pheles was going to be badass but she will just get pwnd again
Sep 28, 2013 2:44 AM

Jul 2013
Throughout this episode I was just expecting Pheles to let Yuji go because she understands the love that Shana/Yoshia or some bullcrap... but that ending... man was I wrong. 5/5.

Glad I didn't drop this series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2013 8:07 AM
Mar 2013
I didn't expect the first Pheles to be a fake, that was quite a strange twist. It is pretty ironic that as soon as Pheles made her move she got shot (punched?) down by Silver. Probably one of the only good things he's every done, but that won't stop Margery from tearing him into shreds ^^
Apr 2, 2014 8:08 PM

Aug 2013
''access denied lol''
Okay, that was a shitty joke.

Well, Silver have decided to get the fuck out of Yuuji like a magnificiant bastard. So badass that the first thing he do is trying to grope the breast of that evil Tomogara.

I really wonder what those shinning wristband that Konoe and the butler are wearing are for. In the preview, it look like Konoe is moving and talking while in the Fuzetsu. So would those bracelet are making them able to switch between being unable to move in a Fuzetsu and being able to move in the Fuzetsu. That would make them a good cover for infiltration. Also, it may be able to activate the Silver Knight from distance. Yuuji didn't had those weird problem until they met Konoe.

So who are they? Is Konoe really related to Hecate? Is she even Hecate? Pheles used a double to fool not one but three Flame Hazes, it wouldn't surprise me that the brotherhood Sydonay is in may be able to pull out a trick similar. Maybe feeling that Pheles was too close to reaching the Reiji Maigo, they had no choice but to activate it. But all that is pure speculation, my imagination is just running wild right now.

That was a pretty awesome entry from Pheles. Not giving a fuck about everyone and even mock the stupefied gang. But it pretty much backfired right in her face (chest).

I find everyone to be always weirdly inactive. Why didn't Shana or anyone of the group tried to stop Pheles when they understood what she did? I understand, it's to advance the plot, but they are pulling it fairly often, it's getting a bit annoying...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 16, 2014 12:01 AM
May 2014
that ending... OMG!!! that went from slightly sappy to HOLY FU- in .05 seconds.
May 31, 2014 1:01 PM

Dec 2013
Lets go on to the next one
Aug 25, 2014 8:39 AM

Aug 2014
Nice as always
Jun 8, 2017 3:13 PM

Nov 2016
Good episode, I thought it was too good to be true that Pheles would be so cooperative and I was right. But the "betrayal" kinda hurt after this nice episode with her.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 14, 2018 5:56 AM
May 2018
Just when you think everything is fine, something bad happens. I legit though Pheles is out of the way for now. This is the second time I got bamboozled dammit
Oct 29, 2018 6:29 PM

Oct 2012
Wow, I certainly didn't expect this, I thought both plotlines are independent and now it seems it all was just a ploy to open Reiji Maigo from the beginning - and Pheles was the key to it, unknowingly. It really seems like Hacate or the triuvirate put that another layer to Yuuji's core back then.

So the question is, whose dream is this this?

Also, Kazumi was MVP this time, I like her more and more.. she continuously proves that even mere human can be very important in all this and I like how she is daring about her love with Yuuji, even though she had to know its unrequited for now. And Ogata and Eita relationship developement was also nice touch, was good to see them finally together.
Jun 11, 2019 10:29 PM

Aug 2018
The series is really starting to hit its stride now. This second season is a lot better than the first.
Oct 21, 2020 11:31 AM

Jun 2017
Two big moments at the end of the episode. Pheles really toyed with everyone and finally Tomoe's true intentions are going to be known. The mystery is really intense!
Nov 14, 2021 10:49 AM

Oct 2021
Is it just me but having Yoshida around Shana and the troupe creates an awkward and uncomfy environment. It's really disturbing haha. She's still useless unlike Eita and Tanaka....

BELIEVE you deserve it and the universe will serve it.
Feb 15, 2022 8:30 AM

Nov 2010
I thought it would end in a cliché way in which a foe becomes a friend just like that. I didn't expect that at all. So, that explains why she was so weak. She's supposedly one of the more powerful crimson lords.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 10 Discussion

cyruz - Dec 11, 2007

49 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 12, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tenshin - Dec 2, 2007

79 by almightybismarck »»
Mar 28, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cloudy - Nov 23, 2007

69 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 19, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sobzob - Nov 24, 2007

61 by almightybismarck »»
Oct 18, 2023 9:25 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Nov 10, 2007

63 by almightybismarck »»
Sep 27, 2023 11:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.