Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 29, 2014 1:18 PM

Feb 2013
Another good episode. I can't wait to see the shitstorm thats going to happen after they animate chapter 299
Apr 29, 2014 1:18 PM

Dec 2008
a_cloud said:
I have 2 questions for this.
1) Am i the only one that didn't want Meruem to die?
2) Was it my idea that in this episode Komugi looked actually slightly more feminine?

She really looks more feminine with her hair let down.
Apr 29, 2014 1:20 PM

Aug 2010
Good follow up ep :) The OST this ep was amazing ^^

Man humans are friggin BRUTAL!! Using the Rose like that O_O Messed up as shit!

Gon really owned Pitou so many times this chap XD First when he said "U're finished right?" Pitou didn't know what hit her XDXD
Then his "I trust Pitou" Her reaction was so lol. "OH SHIT!" hahaha
Damn! Since when was Gon fast enough to be able to follow Pitou XD

Knuckle's reaction to Killua's thinking process was awesome. Really these guys know nothing about Killua and Gon hehe ^^

And poor poor Komugi XD She has no idea what the hell is going on XDXD I feel bad for her lol. I really missed her though. She's such an adorable girl ^^

And DAT ending!!! The despair Youpi and Pouf felt was awesomely depicted!! Their faces were drawn brilliantly ^^ And Youpi wants to kill!!
Meruem looked creepy as hell petrified like that O_O SHIT IS CREEPY!!

Nxt ep is gonna be one of the weirdest eps ever XD I still remember reading that chap XD Pouf and Youpi will be high on crack XD
Apr 29, 2014 1:21 PM
Dec 2009
Gon so badass in this arc.

Pouf's technique is so bad. These little Pouf make me cringe every time.
Apr 29, 2014 1:22 PM

Jun 2011
They skipped Chapter 299? I wanted to see that part adapted so badly...

Apr 29, 2014 1:31 PM

Apr 2009
SolBlade said:

Next episode, the episode is even named after it.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 29, 2014 1:32 PM

Nov 2012
Unless the storyteller says that the king is dead I am 90% sure that he is still alive.
Apr 29, 2014 1:32 PM

Apr 2014
Fuckin' goosebumps...
GreenSoap said:
It was quite entertaining. Especially the faces the characters made. And the reaction to the king being burnt to ashes (?) was fuckin' hilarious.
insan3Spectre said:
Gon scares me, as well as Killua backing him up on the hostage plan.
But I don't think they (at least Killua) would have actually killed/seriously hurt her. Even if Pitou ended up betraying Gon, there would be no point in killing Komugi; she would just be released -- the hunters (Knuckle et al) are nowhere near as cruel as typical chimera ants.

Considering that they were dealing with someone like Pitou, who's just waiting for a chance to kill Gon (even though Gon has kept his word), it's pretty okay to take a hostage IMO (not to kill, but as a safety measure).
Apr 29, 2014 1:34 PM

Nov 2013
SolBlade said:

I would have liked to see it as well, but I think it's for the best to have an episode all about Meruem instead of only part.

OT: Brilliant follow up to last week, the OST during the Rose backstory was beautiful, it just hammers in the human nature theme by showing that at times, humans can be just evil and the feels have just only begun. #

Pouf's face, they did that so well, glad Komugi is back and just acting as cute as ever. Gon was just felt like a completely different person, just scary
"Now, let us drink. Let us drink. Drink to the human race. In every age, there will be good humans and bad humans. Human life is too long to devote to reproduction, yet too short to devote to learning, in the helix of time. Perhaps that is why humans succumb to desire and seek release. Despite the fact that life is complete with the sun, the land and poetry." Supreme Leader Diego(Real) (Hunter x Hunter 2011)
Apr 29, 2014 1:36 PM
Apr 2013
I definitely can't wait to see people's reactions when "THAT" scene happens next episode.
Apr 29, 2014 1:36 PM

Nov 2012
WoW that`s what i call bad ass main character everything in this anime arc is epic shit cant wait for whats coming next.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2014 1:37 PM

Mar 2014
WHAAAAAAA?????? how can they even capture these expressions on the protagonists faces??? HOW?????

Absolutely magnificent episode! goosebams every now and then! Spectacular voice acting from everyone and the OST just made everything so intense!!!!!!

P.S. everytime the ending that comes earlier than the credicts IT FITS PERFECTLY!!
Apr 29, 2014 1:39 PM

Jun 2009
@ GoldenBlue

Well, I actually said that I don't think Killua would go through with it. Gon, the way he is now? No idea.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 29, 2014 1:41 PM

Nov 2013
A_Fat_Man said:
Another good episode. I can't wait to see the shitstorm thats going to happen after they animate chapter 299
There is no shitstorm, stop giving people false expectations ffs.
SCARY MONSTER
Apr 29, 2014 1:47 PM

Jan 2014
Slow start, but it ended strong. Seeing Gon's eyes like that makes me cringe a little. I REALLY want to see Pitou and him fight, going to be so epic!!!! Can't wait till next week :)
Apr 29, 2014 1:49 PM

Jan 2011
gon: "dont fuck with me, pitou"
episode 127: 5/5
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Apr 29, 2014 1:55 PM

Apr 2014
insan3Spectre said:
@ GoldenBlue

Well, I actually said that I don't think Killua would go through with it. Gon, the way he is now? No idea.
(Just re-read your post) Damn, I missed that. :/
Apr 29, 2014 1:59 PM

Jul 2013
insan3Spectre said:
Btw, I think the pacing was fine. Considering it was the literal fallout of such a monumental episode, it kind of needed to be. I wouldn't be surprised if next week was similar.
Really, I thought it worked as well. Always catches me off-guard when this shift in pacing happens, though.

So unpredictable, no matter how much I feel I've learned off this show.
Apr 29, 2014 1:59 PM

Feb 2013
Holy shit, I actually felt it when I saw the king that way
Apr 29, 2014 2:08 PM

May 2013
Great episode, Gon with that sinister look on his face in front of Pitou.
That ending...Did Meruem srsly die tho
Apr 29, 2014 2:14 PM

Sep 2013
Pretty good episode, I didn't expect Gon to have changed that much.

:O http://imgur.com/32HhWSX
"As you can see, being in a group brings no advantages to the individual. Thus, I choose to be the bear, a beast that refuses to form groups with others. It’s an animal of isolation that’s not at all worried about its solitary lifestyle. Let’s not forget that bears get to hibernate as well. Oh, what a wonderful existence. If I’m ever reincarnated, I most certainly would like to be reborn as a bear."
Apr 29, 2014 2:22 PM

Aug 2013
I liked the King as a character, but damn am I glad that's finally over. Took them long enough. Really enjoyed this episode though. I almost forgot how much dedication the Royal Guards have towards the King.
Apr 29, 2014 2:24 PM

Apr 2013
Damn Gon's Cold stare never gets old and He was ready to kill komugi if he had to. RIP meruem
Apr 29, 2014 2:31 PM

Jan 2013
How many chapters of the manga did this episode adapt ?
Apr 29, 2014 2:33 PM

Nov 2013
marian11 said:
2 chapters with some added scenes. The animation should've been better towards the end I feel. RIP Netero, RIP Meruem, two great characters.
SCARY MONSTER
Apr 29, 2014 2:41 PM
Apr 2014
The reason they animated chapter 300 before chapter 299 is...

Anyway, good episode!
Apr 29, 2014 2:41 PM

Apr 2014
"RIP Netero" and "RIP Meruem" :)
AcceleratorAngelApr 29, 2014 2:56 PM
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Apr 29, 2014 2:44 PM

Dec 2013
Nothing really happened, but i can only describe this in one word:Brilliant.Absolutely brilliant in every aspect possible. looking foward to read MrAM post about this one.
PriestSlayerApr 29, 2014 2:52 PM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Apr 29, 2014 2:51 PM

Dec 2008
AcceleratorAngel said:
"RIP Netero" and "RIP Meruem" ;)

Hey, careful there..

Apr 29, 2014 2:53 PM

Oct 2013
Great episode.....

Oh Shit!!! Gon surprised me even more here... He will kill Komugi??? Damn... Thought he would do it in ep 116 but indirectly... But saying to Pitou that he will directly kill her??? Shit, seriously??? I feel that he would actually do it in the state he is now.....

The RG reaction was great.. Youpi deciding to kill everyone after that, awesome!!! Awesome how you feel bad even if those ants supposed to be "evil"....
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Apr 29, 2014 3:03 PM
Apr 2014
Well that was funny, all the laughs were had when Mercoal turned up, glad he's finally dead (or hopefully is) though it was a shame that I had to endure Komugi.

Really want to see Pitou completely destroy all the remaining hunters as she/he/it should but we all know it won't happen.

Netero's outpouring of darkness really was great though.
Apr 29, 2014 3:07 PM

May 2013
Damn the dedication of the Royal guard.

Also Gon is being such a bad ass lately, I love it.
Apr 29, 2014 3:31 PM

May 2013
I really like how this episode felt so calm and slow. It was almost relaxing in a way, which provided an excellent contrast with the insanity of the previous episode. Not too much happened, but all in all it worked extremely well as a “aftermath” sort of episode.

The little scene at the beginning that detailed the history of the Rose was surprisingly powerful . The music, the visuals.. they came together to form a genuinely haunting montage. The narrator’s question “What is the difference between a human and an Ant” is perfect, because it captures much of what is being shown here so well. The Ants have been repeatedly shown since the beginning of this arc to be vicious creatures who are able to bring about destruction and a loss of life on a monumental level, and to possess power that no human could possibly challenge. The existence of the Rose deconstructs the notion that the Ants are somehow more capable of bringing about greater havoc than humans. As the last episode demonstrated, it’s quite the opposite: humans are capable not only of equal destructive potential to the Ants, but greater than them as well. The humans are not somehow morally superior in this conflict. So indeed, “what is the difference between a human and an Ant?”

Gon continues his steady march down the path of darkness and corruption. I can barely recognize him anymore; he’s become so different since the early days of the series, which of course is the whole point of this. The fact that Gon is more than willing to use an innocent girl that has almost nothing to do with him as a hostage speaks of volume about his current state. It’s also in many ways a brilliant callback to the all the encounters he’d had with villains throughout his journey to find his dad and become a Hunter. It ties especially well with Gon’s interactions with the Phantom Troupe. At the time, they themselves took him hostage for their own selfish reasons, and Gon questioned them more than once on their willingness to commit such reprehensible acts. He showed similar disgust with the Bomber back in Greed Island. During all those times, there was nothing that Gon had experienced in his life that could help him explain the actions of these people. Now, ironically, Gon has become very much like them: cold, calculating, detached, pragmatic, etc. It doesn’t help that no one, not even Killua, is stopping Gon from going down the inevitable path to adulthood.

Killua’s cynical, chillingly logical mindset was brought to the audience’s attention in this episode, when he spoke of hostage exchange and the like as casually as if he were discussing the weather, and it’s no wonder: he’s an example of a child who was forced to grow up early, who was forced to go through what no one his age should have to go through. Killua lost his innocence a long time ago, and now Gon’s in the process of doing it.

I liked the juxtaposition of the Hunter team’s loyalty to Gon and the Royal Guards’ royalty to their King. Ironically, it is the Ants who are in a better light now: the person that they were loyal was trying in his own naiive way to bring world peace, while the Hunter team is following the orders of a frightening boy who’s taking hostages. On that note, I should mention how incredibly clever Togashi is for drawing multiple parallels between the King and Gon throughout this arc despite the fact that neither character has talked to the other even once.

That last part where they were searching for the King and broke out in tears of agony and despair when they discovered his body..it was moving, especially because of what a human gesture it was. No one can pretend that these Ants are emotionless monsters- at this point, they are more human than the actual humans themselves.

I would be saying RIP Meruem, but I’m not entirely convinced he’s dead. The Royal Guards seem to be up to something in the episode preview, and since we still have up to episode 135 for this arc, I’m going to wait a little longer and see what happens next. I’m probably wrong, but hey, Meruem is one of my favorite characters this arc and I’m hoping he’s still alive. RIP Netero though, one of the best old men in all of anime. You will be missed.

Also, yes Komugi is back, I missed her. Still as adorable as always.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Apr 29, 2014 3:34 PM

Aug 2011
GuusWayne said:
marian11 said:
2 chapters with some added scenes. The animation should've been better towards the end I feel. RIP Netero, RIP Meruem, two great characters.

No, it actually was just one chapter and a half, since they skipped 299
Apr 29, 2014 3:38 PM

Jan 2011
This episode chain is just straight masterful.

There is so much impact and meaning in so many scenes.
Apr 29, 2014 3:41 PM

Feb 2011
They confirmed Meruem's death.

Now I hope Gon will take on Pitou next.

And I doubt Youpi and Pouf will give up on the fight now that they're full of rage.
Apr 29, 2014 3:52 PM

Nov 2012
MrAM said:
I really like how this episode felt so calm and slow. It was almost relaxing in a way, which provided an excellent contrast with the insanity of the previous episode. Not too much happened, but all in all it worked extremely well as a “aftermath” sort of episode.

The little scene at the beginning that detailed the history of the Rose was surprisingly powerful . The music, the visuals.. they came together to form a genuinely haunting montage. The narrator’s question “What is the difference between a human and an Ant” is perfect, because it captures much of what is being shown here so well. The Ants have been repeatedly shown since the beginning of this arc to be vicious creatures who are able to bring about destruction and a loss of life on a monumental level, and to possess power that no human could possibly challenge. The existence of the Rose deconstructs the notion that the Ants are somehow more capable of bringing about greater havoc than humans. As the last episode demonstrated, it’s quite the opposite: humans are capable not only of equal destructive potential to the Ants, but greater than them as well. The humans are not somehow morally superior in this conflict. So indeed, “what is the difference between a human and an Ant?”

Gon continues his steady march down the path of darkness and corruption. I can barely recognize him anymore; he’s become so different since the early days of the series, which of course is the whole point of this. The fact that Gon is more than willing to use an innocent girl that has almost nothing to do with him as a hostage speaks of volume about his current state. It’s also in many ways a brilliant callback to the all the encounters he’d had with villains throughout his journey to find his dad and become a Hunter. It ties especially well with Gon’s interactions with the Phantom Troupe. At the time, they themselves took him hostage for their own selfish reasons, and Gon questioned them more than once on their willingness to commit such reprehensible acts. He showed similar disgust with the Bomber back in Greed Island. During all those times, there was nothing that Gon had experienced in his life that could help him explain the actions of these people. Now, ironically, Gon has become very much like them: cold, calculating, detached, pragmatic, etc. It doesn’t help that no one, not even Killua, is stopping Gon from going down the inevitable path to adulthood.

Killua’s cynical, chillingly logical mindset was brought to the audience’s attention in this episode, when he spoke of hostage exchange and the like as casually as if he were discussing the weather, and it’s no wonder: he’s an example of a child who was forced to grow up early, who was forced to go through what no one his age should have to go through. Killua lost his innocence a long time ago, and now Gon’s in the process of doing it.

I liked the juxtaposition of the Hunter team’s loyalty to Gon and the Royal Guards’ royalty to their King. Ironically, it is the Ants who are in a better light now: the person that they were loyal was trying in his own naiive way to bring world peace, while the Hunter team is following the orders of a frightening boy who’s taking hostages. On that note, I should mention how incredibly clever Togashi is for drawing multiple parallels between the King and Gon throughout this arc despite the fact that neither character has talked to the other even once.

That last part where they were searching for the King and broke out in tears of agony and despair when they discovered his body..it was moving, especially because of what a human gesture it was. No one can pretend that these Ants are emotionless monsters- at this point, they are more human than the actual humans themselves.

I would be saying RIP Meruem, but I’m not entirely convinced he’s dead. The Royal Guards seem to be up to something in the episode preview, and since we still have up to episode 135 for this arc, I’m going to wait a little longer and see what happens next. I’m probably wrong, but hey, Meruem is one of my favorite characters this arc and I’m hoping he’s still alive. RIP Netero though, one of the best old men in all of anime. You will be missed.

You make quality reviews.
Apr 29, 2014 3:54 PM

Dec 2013
SuperRed said:
MrAM said:

You make quality reviews.
True words
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Apr 29, 2014 4:10 PM

Jul 2010
Meruem looked like a statue.
Gon seemed quite smart to keep Komugi hostage. Still though, Gon's eyes and actions and seems quite intense!
Pitou is feeling so much pressure, Pitou is sweating a lot with how Gon's realizes her action and weakness.
Gon is really determined to fight Pitou alone!
Apr 29, 2014 4:13 PM

Nov 2013
ValeBreck said:
GuusWayne said:
marian11 said:

No, it actually was just one chapter and a half, since they skipped 299
No, it was 2 chapters. If you want to be exact however, it actually was 2 chapters and 3 pages from 299.
SCARY MONSTER
Apr 29, 2014 4:17 PM

Aug 2009
Badass Gon, man I can't wait 1 week T_T..
Apr 29, 2014 4:18 PM
Apr 2013
@MrAM
Excellent Post. Just yet more reasons why Hunter x Hunter is one of the best shounen out there and why the Chimera Ant arc is one of the best and most morally complex arcs in recent shounen history.
Apr 29, 2014 4:19 PM
Apr 2013
Ugh, just deleted like 5 paragraphs because my thoughts are too jumbled to put together something that long and have it be coherent. Basically, despite some reservations I have enjoyed last couple of episodes immensely.
Apr 29, 2014 4:22 PM

Feb 2014
Good EP Gon V Pitou sounds interesting. 12 yr old boys taking hostages though lol
Apr 29, 2014 4:32 PM

May 2012
The last few episodes have really picked up, it's a really good feeling watching them. I am also unconvinced as to if the King is dead or not. But if he is then Komugi isn't really needed by the Guard anymore...
Will Kite come back and fight the Guard/maybe King with Gon? Can Pitou heal the King? And even so, will Gon fight her before she'd even be able to?
Great Job hxh!
Apr 29, 2014 4:40 PM

Mar 2013
Man that was intense! Can't wait to see Gon vs Pitou.
I'm glad we were able to see Komugi again, she's so cute!
Apr 29, 2014 4:47 PM

Jul 2013
"The next time you try to delay me... I'll kill her O_O". Gon has turned into one terrifying, badass motherfucker.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2014 4:48 PM

Oct 2013
Guys how much more chapters until this arc ends? I really don't care for the ant arc to be honest. :\ What will be the nest arc after this?
Apr 29, 2014 4:58 PM

Feb 2013
I'm loving Gon's character more and more this arc. I can't wait to see what becomes of him. He used to say that he trusted people with that pure and innocent look... but when he said it to Pitou, it was pretty disturbing.

I can only imagine what might happen when they bring the king's body back to Pitou for help, but she's not there.

Komugi and her lewd bellybutton tho.
EvildoerApr 29, 2014 5:03 PM
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Yesterday, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.