Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 14, 2014 10:26 AM

Aug 2013
Nico nico niii overload! My heart my heart...
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 21, 2014 3:29 PM

Jun 2013
Wow, it was just her dream... I got trolled so hard. Was pretty funny when they were chasing Nico, and she got some nice characer devopment.
May 21, 2014 5:02 PM

Aug 2008
BurntJelly said:
They had a perfect opportunity to have a Nico-performance during the credits... then I remembered this is Love Live... an idol anime with very few performances...

:(

Sunrise you cheapskates. I really can't understand how this is so popular.
But the performances are absolute quality.
May 29, 2014 4:56 PM

Aug 2007
Cocoro, Cocoa and Cotaro... Why Nico has the different name?

So, I am begining hating the Nico nico ni!
Jun 1, 2014 1:22 AM

Nov 2012
Nozomi is back to groping breasts! Only to find out her breasts had backfired.
Jun 2, 2014 1:53 PM
Feb 2014
I REALLY dislike Nico. I guess it's good to add some depth to her character but I just can't stand her unless they're poking fun at her.

Saying the others were back up dancers really made me lose all respect I had for her.

Still love the show though.
Jun 9, 2014 11:16 PM

Feb 2008
If I'd known that this was a Nico centric filler episode I would have skipped it. She gives me a headache with her stupid NIco Nico Ni crap.
Jun 17, 2014 7:22 AM

Oct 2012
I got trolled at the first 2 minutes
Thus, the a new wise quote is created
"That was your dream?!" - µ's (minus Honoka)
Nice tsukkomi xD

Rin, Nico... Flat is Justice!! xD
Dat Umi stare... Jiiii~
"I'll bite you to death"

Nico-Nico episode is a great episode Nico-Nico!!

ainky said:
Honoka: "This is what has happened in my dream last night"

http://i.imgur.com/HT474Mu.gif

^My reaction xD
Rayl1ghtJun 18, 2014 5:42 AM
"Signature removed"
Sep 9, 2014 5:09 PM

Oct 2012
Nice Nico background. Suddenly I like her a lot more and don't find her so annoying.
And her sister doing Nico Nico Nii~ was adorable!

And I just realized that whoever holds that feather in ED is singing it, nice detail! :)
Sep 16, 2014 2:28 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Very nice stage and costume for Nico.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Oct 2, 2014 4:41 PM

Aug 2013
Nico's imouto good lord. The cuteness just tripled...

and LOL @ Muse being her backup dancers xDD
Oct 26, 2014 11:31 AM

Aug 2013
I actually believed that dream for a sec, and I was like wait... it's only episode 4 this can't be right
Oct 31, 2014 6:53 AM

Jan 2013
Nico's sibling where cute.
Good episode, it was the kind of episode that lacked on the previous season.
Dec 11, 2014 11:26 PM

Jan 2010
It's like the creaters knew who the most popular Love Live character was or something.

Actually, I was almost concerned with how Nico was going to be the first character to have a solo concert, but then I was surprised when it wasn't shown. I get that she had focus for the ending theme, but I'm still not sure what this show was trying to do. I'm probably thinking too much on this though.
Dec 16, 2014 6:19 PM

Feb 2013
This was an AMAZING episode if your a fan of Nico. (well it's good even if you aren't :P)
At the beginning i got tricked for a second... -sigh- i fell for their "trap"

Both Eli's Cellphone scene and Umi Confronting Nico made me laugh quite a bit.

I kinda wish they did do a Solo with Nico but i'm not surprised that they didn't go through with it.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Mar 1, 2015 8:58 PM
Nov 2014
Would have loved to see the performance of Niko at the end, but overall was a nice episode.
May 23, 2015 4:45 AM

Jul 2013
Nico is easily my favorite. All of her episodes always make me laugh but then give me heavy unexpected feels. And I love how the show can demonstrate how someone so prideful is also someone who deserves a lot of sympathy. She really has come a long way.
Jun 11, 2015 4:56 AM

Jul 2014
Nico's kinda starting to get on my nerves now. I only seem to like her when the others poke fun at her cos her personality is actually pretty terrible. From starting out as an idol elitist in the first season saying that the rest of them suck cos they don't have personas to getting off on being an arrogant bitch and saying that she's better than all of the rest by calling them background dancers. And then she does a completely 180 in about 2 minutes cos the plot called for it.

Long story short, this series is shit at "character development" and "drama".
Jun 13, 2015 10:57 AM

Jul 2010
scytheavatar said:
Being Rin is suffering

I laughed too much at this scene :D

Nico is the best! I wish I could see her solo.
LilyWeissJun 13, 2015 11:13 AM
Oct 19, 2015 1:29 AM

Jan 2015
That dream tricked me, that was some Gintama-tier trolling right there! That had me laughing so much, most I've laughed in Love Live! so far! I have a lot more respect for Nico after this episode. Also, Nico's brother is so dopey xD
May 16, 2016 6:59 PM
Feb 2016
That pre-OP scene though...
Jun 14, 2016 6:27 PM

Aug 2012
-This was already 5/5 episode for me only 1 minute and 40 seconds in. The timing and delivery on the punchline was absolutely perfect.
-"The final round of preliminaries will be held in December" oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy does this mean what I think it means? If it does, I will be wholeheartedly looking forward to that shit.
-In response to the Niku Nico / 2525 pun I will say that Honoka's carrying this episode pretty hard so far
-That look Nico gives to the rest of μ's when she discovers them outside the supermarket seemed jam-packed with a feeling of betrayal and is actually one of the more expressive things I've seen in this show.

-Kokoro is adorable, and she's 10x as adorable when she does the Nico nico nii thing
-μ's Whack-a-Mole
-Wow, they even included a male character with a voice. They sure are going all out with this episode.
-Nozomi on point with the Death card
-Loved the flashbacks to Nico's first year since her recruitment arc was easily my favorite from the first season
-Nico solo'd the ED and caught the feather at the end

So yeah this is my favorite second season episode so far
ThreePercentJun 17, 2016 11:56 AM
Jul 11, 2016 6:57 PM

Sep 2009
They totally nailed the comedy and character development this episode and I don't even like Nico that much since her snobbish attitude annoys me (unlike Eli who changed in the end, but maybe Nico will do the same). THIS is quality stuff.

The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Oct 11, 2016 7:34 AM

Jun 2015
Everything about this episode was really great.
Nov 8, 2016 7:04 AM

Nov 2011
It would come to learn more about the girls, it was a necessary step, and I think it liked to many to know one of the most special girls in the group. Narration well managed at the comedy and retrospective level. Drawings, animations and scenarios, excellent.

Mutant Girls? XD
Feb 4, 2017 8:09 PM
Sep 2016
Am I the only person that thinks Nico is in the right for telling them to back out of her personal stuff?

I can not stand it in shows where this scenario comes up and the other characters strong-arm someone into telling them private info, I'm glad that someone finally said "Back-off".
Feb 6, 2017 12:14 PM

Sep 2014
So the resignation letters from the last preview were just part of a flashback... The writers like to mess with us!

They did it again at this episode's start. Silly Honker's dream really got me for an instant!

The part with the "miiiii"... "miuuuuuuu"... "-su!" was cute, especially Hanayo!

I liked how the almost forgot Niko again for the practice and how they pictured her work in the supermarket "niku niko nii" *badum tss*

Nozomi being unable to chase Niko was funny. They used poor Rin instead. xD

Niko's imoutos were cute! Her otouto reminded me of Boo-chan, from Crayon Shin-chan.

μ's custom whack-a-mole game was also funny. Niko's room is a bit creepy, but the modified posters were fun. Niko has legendary Photoshop skillz!

Nozomi's death card! omg poor Niko. Angry Umi was scary, too! Don't you dare call her a "background dancer"!

I liked how Honoka brought Niko's siblings to school. If the practice can't go to Niko's home, Niko's home will come to the practice!

This was a nice episode. Everything went better than expected and we had lots of character development.
Apr 15, 2017 8:52 AM

Apr 2015
Great ep. I love how they focused on Nico this episode.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
May 30, 2017 6:20 PM
Jul 2016
Lot focus on Nico, High Nico Nico Nii dosage in this one, nice new perspective in her life and nice development letting go of her old self and trully invest in being the best part of the group she can be. This will improve the group.

Loved the squeeze behind the cars scene and their reactions to beeing called backup dancer, especially Eli´s xD
Jul 15, 2017 1:41 PM

Apr 2017
Ah! Nico is best girl so this episode will remain my favorite~
Sep 26, 2017 4:51 PM

Aug 2013
Nico-nico-nii~!

Nico's siblings are cute.

The beginning of the episode had me fooled.

Oct 18, 2017 5:45 PM

Oct 2016
Is it wrong if I cried to this episode? And I'm a guy too. Have I gone soft? I just think the ending of this episode is so heartwarming.
Dec 26, 2017 2:12 PM

Sep 2013
They pass after dream trolling by honoka.
Nico development with her siblings, super idol nico retiring to join muse where she can shine even better :'( :'(
Feb 17, 2018 1:26 AM
Jul 2018
Umi's death glare lmao.

Nice to see some character development/personal life stuff.

Love that pink outfit they made for nico and the concert set design was really cool.
May 17, 2018 10:18 PM

May 2016
Honoka's dream is so almost on point that it's eerie lol. I loved the gags in this episode like Nozomi flashing the Death tarot card at Nico and her not fitting in between the trucks, making her force Rin to do it instead.

Since they're all voiced by Soramaru and look very much like each other, it's pretty plausible that they're the product of idol-cell mitosis.

The lengths Nico went to brainwash them with the Nico Smile was hilarious at best. Hearing Nico Nico Nii almost every day for 3 years will change a person y'know. Nico's backstory was heartbreaking and the effort u's did just for her made me tear up outta joy this time. Didn't get to see it animated but her singing was great~

Jun 15, 2019 1:44 AM

Apr 2018
A whole new start for Nico! Good for her
Jul 11, 2019 12:16 AM

Jul 2012
Honoka was such a troll in the beginning 😂

This was nice development for Nico. Points for her :)
Oct 3, 2019 7:24 AM

Nov 2016
What did they do to Nikos brother? XD She has cute siblings, tho.

And really nice episode again and heartwearming to boot. The pressure of keeping up appearance in front of her younger siblings while acting as some kind of role model, I can't dislike Niko for what she did.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 10, 2019 8:57 PM
Apr 2018
Lmaooo, that dream man. I wanted to punch Honoka so bad, why did she mess around with us that way?? And Umi was left alone there, covering her ears...

Again with pervy jokes lol. Don't diss best girl Rin!!!

Crap, I couldn't imagine this, but Nico's sugary factor was tenfolded this episode. I'm kinda sick.
Aug 29, 2020 1:46 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The announcement of the final 4 sequence was so hilarious. I knew exactly the first one was not real at all. Its just, Honoka-chan's dream! The prank style actually just so obvious. But, somehow, i had a little shocked in the first two seconds on that segment. Lol. Ofc they were all passed the challenge and moved on to the final 4 to decided the only one contestant to move to the main stages of Love Live! What else?

The second sequences were actually served as their another daily routines. However, they needed to unpack Nico's struggle first. Its about her cute little sisters and brother. Her background as the true maniac of idol, her true dream, not intentionally just gave such a false hopes to her siblings. She just did not want to make them sad with the continuations of her lies. So, yeah, her behaviour on this episode indeed understandable. Fortunately, Honoka-chan's brilliant idea that gave her an opportunity to spoke the truth, and continued the path of victory for the Muse group! Lets do it, girl! NICO NICO NII~~~

No actual closing single sang performance by her. I am a bit sad about that :( If only the ED was just all about Nico. Well, this is about muse group not just Nico, so, yeah its happening. Lmao. At least the oneself that voiced the ED soundtrack was Nico, there. So, not much the sadness i feel afterall!
badabassAug 29, 2020 1:54 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 24, 2021 1:52 PM

Jan 2019
Atavistic said:
Nico's kinda starting to get on my nerves now. I only seem to like her when the others poke fun at her cos her personality is actually pretty terrible. From starting out as an idol elitist in the first season saying that the rest of them suck cos they don't have personas to getting off on being an arrogant bitch and saying that she's better than all of the rest by calling them background dancers. And then she does a completely 180 in about 2 minutes cos the plot called for it.

I super agree with you! I was reading this thread and beginning to feel out of place since most of these people were praising her and I was sitting here with a bunch of question marks over my head-- Honestly, I don't get the appeal of people like her and that "Nico Nico Ni" is killing my ears

But still I love this show despite all that. Umi, Maki and Eli make up for it
Feb 21, 2021 11:39 AM

May 2018
So muse were background dancers the entire time... we've been bamboozled
Apr 5, 2021 4:17 AM

Feb 2020
Nico overload. That was a cute episode.

I thought that dream was true. xD I'm glad they are going to the preliminaries. :)
Jun 23, 2021 8:46 AM

Jul 2020
How can I not accept the fluffiness in this show? Nico was amazing this whole episode
Dec 21, 2021 10:26 PM

Jun 2021
Loved this episode! Nico Nico niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii .

This anime is a treasure <3 i love all the girls so much :') and i miss them every day of my life <3 .
Mar 2, 2022 5:17 PM

Jan 2022
Not the biggest fan of Nico but rlly liked this episode! I wish we got to see Nico's solo performance instead of it just being her singing the ending, but whatever

waiting for a Rin centered episode now :3
Mar 8, 2022 6:27 PM
Jul 2018
Episode no 4, the death of the super idol.
Apr 19, 2022 12:18 AM

Jul 2019
Cuteness overload with Nico-chans siblings! Avoiding paparazzo like a pro, that one!

Nozomi isn't built for cramped spaces, that's for sure. XD

I'm a little bothered by the fact that everyone just considers it their business what Nico does with her private time. But hey, friendship and bonding and what-not.

Girls in suits next episode. Nice!

Jul 23, 2022 6:45 AM

Aug 2020
Nico's background character/information has been told this episode. Her family is so adorable. The big sister is trying her best for the family and it is cute and inspiring to see at the same time. No wonder she is the #1 Super Idol in this series haha! Also, the other u's members being a backup dancer joke is so funny! >w<

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2014

190 by Yuqirin »»
Apr 27, 7:09 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

77 by Yuqirin »»
Apr 20, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2014

143 by Needster »»
Apr 4, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

136 by pompopuri »»
Mar 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

157 by Salty_Cookie »»
Jan 19, 6:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.