Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Knights of Sidonia
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 24, 2014 10:09 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Decent episode again imo. That yukata looked nice :3 The brief break looked like fun for them anyways. Poor Izana though. She didn't deserve that. Same with Nagate.

That brief ocean tour was awesome. I wonder if our future will someday have this type of technology. Hopefully soon. The action was pretty good. Damn, the death flags were high.
Apr 24, 2014 11:13 PM

Jun 2013
God damn this show has some balls, that's pretty rare in Anime nowadays. Reminds me of some of the older Gundam series in terms of mercilessness. Quite refreshing.

Kill em all!
Apr 25, 2014 12:59 AM

Apr 2014
Brutal episode. I wonder why most of the time female characters turn out to be useless and are the reason for dragging other characters to either danger or death.
Apr 25, 2014 2:49 AM

Oct 2012
Well there was certainly no time wasted with that slaughter. I wonder what'll happen next week.
Apr 25, 2014 2:51 AM

May 2010
soo the Top Team got wiped out this eipisode basicly because Momose was absolutely useless!

if this is really the best they have to offer then good luck with that.

loved this episode tho. they killed off 4 characters they just introduced last week and our main protagonist most likely has to fill one of those spots. so this had to happen.
Apr 25, 2014 3:17 AM
Apr 2011
all i see are death flags!!! damn that was brutal i was calling their deaths as soon as "last date" appeared lol
Apr 25, 2014 3:25 AM

Oct 2013
I cannot actually get over the sounds used in this. So much fucking detail is used, it's absolutely amazing.

I look forward to putting on my headphones and enjoying the amazing sounds that come from Sidonia no Kishi every week.
Apr 25, 2014 3:40 AM
Apr 2014
Liked it. Keeps getting better each ep.
Apr 25, 2014 3:43 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Brutal stuff. Having said that I really do wish they portrayed female pilots in a more positive light. Momose was rather useless. Women that make it as pilots are usually tough as nails and far from damsel in distress types.

Was I the only one that for a moment thought when going to the sea was brought up, "Oh God, please no, not a swimsuit episode in Sidonia!". Luckily it turned out to be something infinitely cooler and more in the tone of the series. I mean, I never expected to see yukata's in space.

Kunato is a wonderful villain. You really get to hate his guts. I look forward to his demise at some point.

Loving this series. I find it's lack of popularity in MAL astonishing.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 25, 2014 4:10 AM
Oct 2012
As someone who really hates 3D CGI used like this, I am really liking this series
Apr 25, 2014 4:29 AM

Jan 2012
That Kunato is such an asshole oO

And if that Akai had destroyed the core instead of going to rescue Momose, wouldn't he have succeeded and by that saving his girlfriend? oO They basically all died because of her...
Apr 25, 2014 4:32 AM

Sep 2012
even top squad couldn't do any shit. Hopeless situation.

Lyrisia said:
That Kunato is such an asshole oO

And if that Akai had destroyed the core instead of going to rescue Momose, wouldn't he have succeeded and by that saving his girlfriend? oO They basically all died because of her...

Even if Akai went straight for gauna's core, Gauna's tentacles would have breached Momose's cockpit and killed her instantly. He had no choice after all. I feel bad his sacrifice is for nothing. Momose freaked out too much after his death haha, to think she was part of top squad.
RokiebottomApr 25, 2014 4:40 AM
Apr 25, 2014 4:45 AM
Oct 2013
Great episode.

The top team got annihilated. Momose probably would survive. The beam cannon probably wouldn't kill the Gauna. The Gauna would probably get near Sidonia. Our protagonist would kill it.

Did I miss something?
Apr 25, 2014 4:51 AM

May 2013
Woah, wait, why did the Top Team get killed so fast in this episode? So brutal.

When Akai said sea, I never thought that they'll just ride something to see the sea. Looking forward to the next episode.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 25, 2014 4:54 AM

Sep 2013
That was great.

Now I suppose it's time for the protagonist to pilot a mecha.

Preview looked pretty crazy...

And yep, I was expecting a beach episode too, and I'm so glad it was something else. That would have totally ruined the serious atmosphere this show has.
Apr 25, 2014 5:12 AM

Jan 2014
Holy crap, this episode was brutal.

Momose.. ugh. She's gonna drift off into space. Elite 4 annihilated.
Izana is jealous once again. DAMN IT NAGATE NOTICE HER!!

Kunato pissing me off once again.

5/5

Next week:
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Apr 25, 2014 5:19 AM

Nov 2013
That was brutal O.o
Still not used to the CGI but meh.. Great episode 5/5

Dat OP.
Apr 25, 2014 5:30 AM

Dec 2013
Things got real exciting towards the end and I wasn't really expecting for the WHOLE squad to get wiped out. The animation seems kinda clumsy as if they just skipped some frames time to time.

Next episode preview looked like shit's about to get real.
Apr 25, 2014 5:48 AM

Aug 2013
Wow. I expected someone to die but I didn't think all the top pilots would get annihilated just like that. Miraculously saved? Nope. And looks like there will be even more deaths next episode. I wonder when Kunato will get slaughtered. I hope soon.

Why can't this show be an hour long?! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time and then it was over >__>
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 25, 2014 6:03 AM

Mar 2008
The world is truly brutal in Sidonia. It's fresh to see anime taking the realism set stories. I mean they just killed off 5 characters in the last 3 episodes! This is probably going to get even more exciting since now the top pilots in the academy have been decimated. I can't wait for the next episode, it looks like the actions is going to be nonstop from this point(I hope).
Apr 25, 2014 6:17 AM

May 2013
Getting better and better.
Apr 25, 2014 7:14 AM

May 2013
That team got wiped off. I was hoping for at least one to survive. Can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 25, 2014 7:28 AM

Mar 2014
Wow the best fighters all got wiped out, didn't expect that. Did they actually fight a real Gauna before? Despite their reputation they all let their emotions control their actions.

Next week looks brutal

The sound design in this show is really impressive, so is the music
Apr 25, 2014 8:11 AM

Aug 2012
LauraBirdie said:
Wow the best fighters all got wiped out, didn't expect that. Did they actually fight a real Gauna before?

No, this was their first time.
Apr 25, 2014 8:25 AM

Jun 2008
I checked the manga and it actually was a classic beach episode there. Complete with Nagate getting face full of Izana's swimsuit-clad crotch.
I'm glad they decided to do something different in the anime.
Apr 25, 2014 8:41 AM
Sep 2011
Fuck Momose.
Apr 25, 2014 8:56 AM

Dec 2011
There's one thing that bugs me... has nobody notice the brown bear that works in the cafeteria lol?
I feel really sorry for poor Akai's squad, they got utterly defeated and crushed.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 25, 2014 9:07 AM

Aug 2012
StefanMZ said:
There's one thing that bugs me... has nobody notice the brown bear that works in the cafeteria lol?
I feel really sorry for poor Akai's squad, they got utterly defeated and crushed.

I wonder, who wouldn't notice a talking bear?

Onuma said:
LauraBirdie said:
Everything is pretty realistic and then suddenly, a bear....

Don't worry about Hiyama, she has her reasons for being a "bear".
Apr 25, 2014 9:08 AM

Oct 2012
Another really great episode reaffirming, in my eyes, its position as top anime of Spring, 2014.
GypaetusBarbatusApr 25, 2014 9:13 AM

"Why did he have to surrender, what is more in the outside world, huh, sumptuousness, freedom? Nowhere in the world are you going to find them fools! Fools!" -USSR president, Future War 198X-nen
Apr 25, 2014 9:23 AM

May 2013
LauraBirdie said:
Wow the best fighters all got wiped out, didn't expect that. Did they actually fight a real Gauna before? Despite their reputation they all let their emotions control their actions.

They haven't seen a Gauna in 100 years. They were the best fighters in the gladiator arena.
Apr 25, 2014 9:28 AM

Apr 2009
Rokiebottom said:
Momose freaked out too much after his death haha, to think she was part of top squad.

Well, they aren't some kind of hardened veterans. As far as I understand, they're basically just peacetime simulator aces, so when something goes terribly wrong for real, this sort of reaction is only natural.
Apr 25, 2014 9:35 AM

Aug 2007
Great episode. Here I thought they would stand a chance at fighting but with all those emotions it couldn't be help. With the best team wipe out now I wonder how they can handle it now?

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 25, 2014 10:54 AM
Jan 2011
Geeez, why didn't they just nuke that damned Gauna?
Apr 25, 2014 11:04 AM

Feb 2012
5 dead so far and looks like many more are gonna kick the bucket next week wonder how many characters are gonna die before this series ends.
Apr 25, 2014 11:21 AM

Oct 2010
I really hope not all the females will be useless damsels in distress like Momose was. I really didn't expect that from this show, but it seems that stupid trope is becoming more and more inescapable by the season. *Sigh*.
Apr 25, 2014 11:24 AM
Aug 2009
I find it pretty far fetched that the people in command would send Akai and Momose out for the job if they knew they were a couple. Saw the whole 'emotions getting in their way' coming from a mile away. Seems pretty weak to me.
Apr 25, 2014 11:33 AM

Jun 2013
I like how the MC ends up on the hospital bed every episode without fail. I almost thought he was going to dodge it this episode, but nope, after the fight he's right back in it. The hospital might as well just be his home.

Madara31 said:
I really hope not all the females will be useless damsels in distress like Momose was. I really didn't expect that from this show, but it seems that stupid trope is becoming more and more inescapable by the season. *Sigh*.

Please stop.

Marzan said:
Loving this series. I find it's lack of popularity in MAL astonishing.

Really? Do you know what kind of bullshit this site likes? Haha. Look at the top 50 anime, 90% of it is garbage.
ex_necrossApr 25, 2014 11:42 AM
Apr 25, 2014 11:35 AM

Jul 2008
The best team in Sidonia was anihilated. VR training can only go so far. @>@
The festival bit was cute, too!
Awsome episode!
Apr 25, 2014 11:49 AM

Aug 2010
SHIT! Totally didn't expect that. Death flags were there, but I thought for one of them or at most 2, but the whole friggin squad O_O Nice! Brutally done :D

Nagate is quite awesome though, saying he didn't feel scared at all when he was fighting.

From the pv, seems like shit will get really real nxt ep! I'm guessing...Nagate to the rescue?

Loving this quite a lot ^^
Apr 25, 2014 12:00 PM

Sep 2013
The main leader got emotional and saved his girlfriend. She got emotional too and basically got the rest killed as her self too. What a stupid woman.

Other than ^^ everything seem good to me
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Apr 25, 2014 12:02 PM

Oct 2010
ex_necross said:

Madara31 said:

Please stop.

What issue do you have with what I said?
Apr 25, 2014 12:05 PM

Jun 2013
Madara31 said:
ex_necross said:

Madara31 said:

Please stop.

The whole feminist rant. Please stop.
Apr 25, 2014 12:15 PM

Oct 2010
ex_necross said:
Madara31 said:
ex_necross said:

Madara31 said:

Please stop.

It's not a feminist rant, I just find it annoying that female characters are so often depicted in this manner in action animes. That's all. Although it becoming more and more common was just an exaggeration.
Apr 25, 2014 12:20 PM

Jun 2013
Madara31 said:
ex_necross said:
Madara31 said:
ex_necross said:

Madara31 said:

Please stop.

It's not a feminist rant, I just find it annoying that female characters are so often depicted in this manner in action animes. That's all. Although it becoming more and more common was just an exaggeration.

It was absolutely a feminist rant.
Apr 25, 2014 12:23 PM

Nov 2008
Nasty001 said:
Geeez, why didn't they just nuke that damned Gauna?

Because it wouldn't kill Gauna, just slow it...for while. Gauna would eventualy caught the ship.

Only weapon that can kill gauna is that Spear that those mechas have.
Apr 25, 2014 12:36 PM

Jun 2013
Madara31 said:
Well I didn't intend it to be, but what I said is still true.

Most of the mainstream anime nowadays that I know of includes some pussy ass beta male being pushed around and made a bitch of by females. So no, I would say it's not true. Quite the opposite.

Of course, I obviously haven't watched those anime, but I still know how they work.
Apr 25, 2014 12:36 PM
Sep 2007
Humza_96 said:

When that guy said " Let's photosynthesise together" was he saying "Let's have sex"? How can you absorb sunlight and make it into chemical energy together? Strange form of reproduction. LOL

I'm guessing photosynthesis requires full exposure to light, which would require people being naked during the process.
Apr 25, 2014 12:40 PM

Oct 2010
ex_necross said:
Madara31 said:
Well I didn't intend it to be, but what I said is still true.

Most of the mainstream anime nowadays that I know of includes some pussy ass beta male being pushed around and made a bitch of by females. So no, I would say it's not true. Quite the opposite.

Of course, I obviously haven't watched those anime, but I still know how they work.
Even in those types of animes, Seikoku no Dragonar for example, damsels in distress are still present, and I do watch those animes so I know what I'm talking about. Having a male who's a pushover doesn't mean the girls won't get into situations where they need saving, as unfortunate as that sounds.
Apr 25, 2014 12:45 PM

Apr 2014
Man, that was a nice little break.... When the fighting rolled around though... Things went to hell fast, nice and brutal.

The preview for the next episode looked really good. Love how they do the previews, all silent and just showing as a few clips.
Apr 25, 2014 12:55 PM

Jun 2009
well everyone got annihilated.. :/ gg
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2014

227 by fooumies »»
Dec 21, 2023 5:12 AM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

135 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 1:33 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

112 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 12:57 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

117 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2014

163 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.