Forum Settings
Forums
Fuuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2014 1:36 AM

Feb 2013
Wasn't it supposed to be supernatural? I wonder what he's got in mind. So far it's been pretty stale. Hopefully it won't turn out like KNIM and won't be as long either.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Apr 23, 2014 2:31 AM

Sep 2011
Not really a fan of the misunderstandings/accidentally falling on a girl thing. I think the chapter would've been better without it. Still not bad I guess.
Apr 23, 2014 12:03 PM

Jul 2010
In a lot of ways, this is a fairly major departure from Seo's previous work. The main thing that I am thinking about is the living arrangements of the protagonists. In both Suzuka and KnIM, as well as Half & Half, the protagonists either live together or close enough to being together that it doesn't make a difference. (In Suzuka they are in separate apartments in the same building, but there is a hole in the wall connecting the two and they generally share meals with his aunt.) Even in Princess Lucia the female protagonist has pretty much free access to the male protagonist's room at all hours of the night.

Until this summer work arc, this was not the case for Fuuka, and it has been a total non factor so far in this arc, other than the easy availability for a little late-night chat on the pier, followed by some accidental groping, immediately followed by some tsundere abuse and potential drowning.

I guess what I am trying to get at is that the relationship between Fuuka and Yuu seems a bit more natural than in the previous works by Seo that I am familiar with. (I haven't read his other stuff yet...)

There also doesn't seem to be the unnatural attachment issue that he seems to be quite fond of, at least between the primary couple. In Suzuka, Yamato was smitten hard and fast. It took Suzuka a long time to warm up to him due to her natural tsundere tendencies, but he was gone from the get-go.

In KnIM the shoe was on the other foot. Yuzuki was harboring a 10 year old crush when the story started, and it was clear that she was in love with Haruto from very early on. Then, of course, with the Tokyo arc, the shoe switched feet... big time!

Both Half & Half and Princess Lucia have their own versions of this trope as well.

In Fuuka the trope is not really there. Sure, there is a clear attraction between the two. Mikasa sees it, but it isn't clear that he is certain that Yuu likes Fuuka as much as Fuuka appears to like Yuu. But the attraction doesn't take the step across the line to pathological, at least not for Yuu and Fuuka. It seems like a fairly natural amount of attraction between a young man and woman who have recently met and have some common interests. Circumstances have tossed them together in many cases and Yuu feels "drawn" to her, or "swept up in the warm summer breeze" that surrounds her, but there isn't the sense that either of them could turn into a stalker at any minute. (Koyuki, on the other hand... well... Yeah, he hasn't entirely given up on the trope... LOL)

Anyway, I find the story refreshing, fun, and the art is really quite good. At some point I will probably do some compare and contrast images between Fuuka and Suzuka. (The exploding eggs will be one...)
Apr 23, 2014 9:14 PM

Nov 2011
Looks like MAL changed the cover art page of the entry.
Apr 29, 2014 9:18 PM

Mar 2014
Lol at the exploding eggs! Fuuka has her mom's genes in her. I can't wait until Koyuki meets up with Fuuka and starts up this love triangle for real.

More topics from this board

» what seo had to say about the future of Fuuka

Spider-titan55 - Feb 18, 2015

21 by ersdtrycgh »»
Sep 29, 2022 8:13 AM

Poll: » Fuuka Chapter 184 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2018

10 by HectorBlaze »»
Apr 20, 2022 4:55 AM

Poll: » Fuuka Chapter 195 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

37 by Stargazingx »»
Mar 12, 2022 3:52 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Karoshi- - Feb 8, 2014

111 by daywithoutgames »»
Mar 8, 2022 11:56 AM

» how related is fuuka and suzuka

PremiumCascade - Nov 30, 2014

12 by efbaei »»
Jul 14, 2021 12:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.