Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 17, 2014 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Action picked up quite a bit this episode and I gotta say, Aruka made some badass allies and enemies.

Break out the whiskey~
>Hazuki drinks
>Hazuki gets drunk

And shit, Jin's allies shows no mercy in their fight. Still felt a bit rushed tbh with her already clashing with Aruka. I thought the fight was also cheesy and semi-cliffhangerish.
Apr 17, 2014 1:36 PM

Aug 2013
Hazuki drunk again, and that fight seemed pretty one sided.
My Candies:
Apr 17, 2014 1:54 PM

May 2013
Still not 100% impressed with this anime, but I'm glad some things were revealed and less time than last week was wasted! I'd be very surprised if Alka wasn't ok, so I'm not worried about what will happen next there.
'From my speeding car, I catch a glimpse through the trees of what looks like the ocean. Hope... a premonition. Every month, as I write, I am visited by such moments. The scene that follows is sometimes an ocean brighter than anything I could have imagined, sometimes a barren seashore littered with rocks, sometimes a place I once visited, sometimes a road that ends up going nowhere.

I would like to end up at a heartbreakingly beautiful sea.'

-Hiroyuki Asada, 2010
Apr 17, 2014 2:01 PM

Dec 2012
Those eyes from Jin Varel, killer instinct. Also that fight was basically a massacre, pretty OP if you ask me. Although I didn't like that brunette girl shooting Aruka when things became interesting between her and Jin.
Apr 17, 2014 2:01 PM

May 2013
Are they going to massacre every group Alka comes across? Damn. The action scenes in this anime are cool but I don't really like anything else still. Hazuki needs to GTFO.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Apr 17, 2014 2:06 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
New character introduced; Dan Roana, the leader of Pleasure Gang.
Nice to see her form ally with Aruka against Jin Varrel.

Goddamnit.. Hazuki is becoming more annoying each episode. -.-
She needs to be taken out soon.

Seems like Aruka is no different from Jin; completely dead inside..

Battle begins.
Jin vs. Aruka started off good. That inscription is quite special to withstand the Impurity.

That guy with that awesome eyeglass seems to be an observer for Karen.

Good episode.

Apr 17, 2014 2:40 PM

Apr 2013
good episode. some story progression

really like the fight scenes.
Apr 17, 2014 3:31 PM

Jul 2013
WOW that is a BS ending. What the F-ck Hazuki...

Apr 17, 2014 3:50 PM

Nov 2011
show me rainbow
Hate Keeps me warm
Apr 17, 2014 3:51 PM

Apr 2014
Definitely a lot better than the previous 2 episodes but still nothing amazing yet. The story in the game is actually really good so i'm hoping they'll pick it up in the anime.
Apr 17, 2014 4:06 PM
Apr 2013
I like Hazuki but she denied that fight ><

I really like the pleasure gang and it was sad to see them get decimated so easily. Now Don Roanna will seek out more revenge. This anime is totally average so far but in a good way so I like it
Apr 17, 2014 4:17 PM
Jul 2018
Too bad, those gangs of Pleasure Gang got wiped out by Jin and her right hand men so easily.
Apr 17, 2014 5:03 PM

Sep 2013
The beginning music for that first scene was interesting.

Wasn't expecting to see the bounty hunter girl back so soon.

Alka got hit :o

That little dude was her master :P

The pleasure gang got pulverized.

Decent episode with some cool fights.

Awe ED sequence is the same, I was hoping it would change every week.
Apr 17, 2014 7:48 PM
Aug 2013
Definitely better than previous episodes. The animation seemed better as well. I honestly like the fight scenes... but the plot so far is pretty bad, and the main character has no presence whatsoever so I don't really know how I feel about this.
Apr 17, 2014 7:53 PM

Jun 2011
I still don't wtf they're doing with the character of Jin Seo Yeon in this. Who is this imposter? Why is she suddenly all emo? She hasn't even done her trademark evil laugh...

AND WHERE IS THE AVIATOR GIRL?!? TT^TT
Apr 17, 2014 7:55 PM

Aug 2013
If Hazuki ends up being Alka's ally, I'm going to be mad. She needs to be gutted.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 17, 2014 9:33 PM

Jun 2013
Hazuki is stupid and so far a toaster has more personality than Aruka.

Cool action though, let's see what happens next week :)
Apr 17, 2014 10:07 PM

Jan 2013
4/5, watched for the action
characters suck so far imo - especially Alka, who has no personality whatsoever.
Apr 17, 2014 10:59 PM
Mar 2012
Getting shot before she does something epic, now that's a shame.
Apr 17, 2014 11:30 PM

Jun 2008
Nudist Beach randomly shows up and coincidentally has the same motive as Alka.

The first two episodes weren't great by any means, but this one easily showed the most flaws.
Apr 18, 2014 12:02 AM

Feb 2012
alexpte said:
My thoughts exactly.
Apr 18, 2014 12:03 AM

Jul 2013
Another future ally is introduced. I'm sure that bar mistress will shed some light to the mysteries behind impurity as well as Alka's past.

Jin's lieutenants are OP as fuck. I might be the only one who likes Alka. Normally I don't like characters who show very little emotions like Tsumugu from NagiAsu or Gunzou from Ars Nova but Alka is different. Just like Roana said, she's dead inside but at the same time there's this aura about her that just doesn't give a fuck and I like that about her. If anything her mysteriousness is part of her charm and I prefer her any day over some hot-headed or megalomaniac protagonists who talk down his opponents. Alka means business and she's not shy about it.

Redfoxoffire said:

The first two episodes weren't great by any means, but this one easily showed the most flaws.

A group of rebels rising against a tyrannical empire is random? is it really that weird Palam has many enemies that want them crushed as much as Alka?
Apr 18, 2014 12:52 AM

May 2013
Tengoku_no_hakai said:
Hazuki is stupid and so far a toaster has more personality than Aruka.

This
Apr 18, 2014 1:17 AM

Dec 2013
So basically no one can even approach Jin? That is a little too OP for me. I don't think this episode was rushed like some people are saying because it was normal fighters fighting demon powered fighters. It would and should be a crushing, but the main character getting stopped like that was a little too OP. Will see where it goes.
Apr 18, 2014 2:21 AM

May 2012
another good episode

first time we see Aruka screaming in pain
Apr 18, 2014 3:28 AM

Jul 2012
LiquidGold said:
alexpte said:
My thoughts exactly.

+1. Seriously that idiot is shooting when the interesting part is happening....
Jin seems extemely overpowered with "Sasuke's mangekyou sharingan Amaterasu".
Somehow that mark on Aruka/Alka activated and she could move in those black flames.
Looking forward to the explanation of it.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Apr 18, 2014 8:55 AM
Apr 2014
These moments, when Lon was sneezing. Again, I bursted out laughing :D
Apr 18, 2014 9:20 AM

Dec 2013
Some gang those guys were, they all got slaughtered

Whats my age again? WHERE IS MY ASIAN FRIEND!!!!!!!
Apr 18, 2014 9:30 AM

Oct 2013
Damn i was expecting Alka to go berserk when that mark got activated but that bitch shot her :/

Apr 18, 2014 11:18 AM
Jan 2011
Oh man, just as Aruka was able to kill Jin, Hazuki just interfered.
Apr 18, 2014 1:07 PM

Oct 2013
Pretty enjoyable episode again, dem boob physics tho.
Apr 18, 2014 2:42 PM
Mar 2009
The chick's name is "Dan". Okay Japan. And she immediately loses her entire Pleasure Gang as soon as she meets Alka. Huh, reminds me of the girl in the first episode.

Welp, Jin already made her grand debut on the front lines and fought against Alka. I swear though, Alka displayed more emotion when she was enveloped in the Impurity than the entire last two episodes combined... Her 10 second scream of agony provided more emotion. Wow.

Then Hazuki comes in and ruins everything. Great.
Apr 18, 2014 8:32 PM
Nov 2013
we're three episodes in and NOW they decide to tell us what the actual plot is?

Really?

Characters are still lacking personality, and Gonzo continues to fail at being a respectable studio by somehow managing to make their rendered shots look even worse than the last episode

Also, isn't the oversized character who talks like he has a mental deficiency a bit of an overused and annoying cliche by this point?
Apr 18, 2014 10:40 PM

Aug 2013
I guess they are sticking with this ED animation.
Apr 19, 2014 1:24 AM
Jan 2013
Woooo, huuu, Loana is hot, too bad for hazuki's bad timming, co'z i would have like to see jin get killed.
Apr 19, 2014 2:37 PM

Jun 2008
jiraiya_sensei said:
Redfoxoffire said:

A group of rebels rising against a tyrannical empire is random? is it really that weird Palam has many enemies that want them crushed as much as Alka?

It's not that they exist, it's how they showed up. Their appearance was very much "as the plot demands." They were here because it was convenient for them to exist at this point in time, and we probably won't see much, if any, more of them after this point (especially since they're all dead). There was nothing suggesting their appearance prior to this episode.
Apr 19, 2014 9:53 PM

Apr 2014
xSanox said:
good episode. some story progression

really like the fight scenes.
Nyaaaria- said:
You really are the king of marathoning

Apr 20, 2014 2:33 AM

Jan 2012
Jiggly boobs everywhere. Fight scenes are relatively short but somewhat interesting. Was thinking of dropping this, but I'll probably keep going.
Live, Laugh, Love.

Apr 20, 2014 9:29 AM

Sep 2008
Remedy_S said:
Those eyes from Jin Varel, killer instinct. Also that fight was basically a massacre, pretty OP if you ask me. Although I didn't like that brunette girl shooting Aruka when things became interesting between her and Jin.

I thought it was coo, that she didn't hold back. She simply did her what she set out to do and there was none of the cliché "yeah, actually I kinda like you now" stuff...

...not that I think she actually shot her. She probably just ran out of energy. You don't just survive a headshot, even with training, so the bullet probably missed. Unless the next 10 episode are going to be her in a hospital bed? Yeah, didn't think so either.

Have to say, I'm not too fond of this anime. It's currently at the bottom of the list. It doesn't do anything to me. I do like the fast-paced fight scenes (probably from growing up with DBZ), but otherwise, I don't really get it. Still want to see what happens in case it picks up.
Apr 20, 2014 11:21 AM
Apr 2014
camerawr528 said:
Jiggly boobs everywhere. Fight scenes are relatively short but somewhat interesting. Was thinking of dropping this, but I'll probably keep going.

I joined this forum just to talk about this show, and I gotta say, it's been a real disappointment. I played Blade and Soul the computer game, which by the way, is the most badass action-RPG I've ever played. (For those of you who don't know, check out the battling platform on youtube. Imagine playing a fantasy game where you fly around like in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.)

But the anime is so blah. They should have just followed a linear story arc like they do in the video game:

The youngest pupil in the clan, Alka, is learning to become an assassin. The day she takes a big step in becoming a professional, Jin and her gang come in and murder everyone. With the help of her dying master, an injured Alka reluctantly escapes on a boat, as the seemingly sole survivor infected by the impurity. Later on, she meets up with one of her superiors who has also survived but she's also been infected by the impurity. Strangely, Alka seems to live on unaffected, but her superior's health is deteriorating. She teaches Alka the ways of the assassin before dying from the impurity. Sad scene ensues. Then, the story continues with Alka traveling the world seeking revenge and gaining new allies.

The game did such a great job with character development and plot. But watching this anime right now feels like I'm watching Season 2 of a series.

Also, everyone should be gliding around in the air like in Crouching Tiger.
Apr 20, 2014 12:03 PM

Oct 2013
Dropped for being another generic battle manga
"Burn the heretics"
Apr 20, 2014 6:19 PM

Oct 2011
Massacre.

Aika beat her next time !!!!
Apr 20, 2014 9:22 PM

Nov 2013
Aruka screaming in pain was really cheesy. Made me cringe it was so bad.

Apr 20, 2014 10:24 PM
Apr 2013
It's kind of interesting how this anime gets you to like people and then kills them off. It's the kind of heart-wrenching realism I appreciate.

I liked this episode and I definitely like the Pleasure Gang (liked? they're kinda dead lol), but I'm starting to seriously dislike that bounty hunter girl......

That ED is probably the best this season next to JoJo's.
Apr 21, 2014 11:50 AM

Aug 2013
Hazuki is starting to piss me off. I wonder what Ran mean when she said "I knew it".
Apr 21, 2014 11:54 AM

Apr 2014
Aruka such a cool character, really enjoying the series so far.
Nyaaaria- said:
You really are the king of marathoning

Apr 21, 2014 1:18 PM

Dec 2008
Hazuki needs to just die already! I can't stand her character. Well, actually none of the characters are really all that impressive. Right now Karen and Loana seem to have the most potential.

There's got to be some amazing secret about Karen if she has the ED all to herself.
Apr 21, 2014 2:06 PM
Apr 2014
I actually just made an account to discuss this Anime. The story isn't fast paced and I think that's whats bugging everyone. It's one of those Animes that leaves more questions but will eventually answer them all in time. Be patient. The fights are great and unfortunately I am 98% sure Hazuki will be an ally to Aruka eventually. The opening gives this away. I'm pretty sure we will end up liking her after a certain point. All in all I am looking forward to more of this Anime.
Apr 21, 2014 2:12 PM
Apr 2014
Grimjesse127 said:
Remedy_S said:

I thought it was coo, that she didn't hold back. She simply did her what she set out to do and there was none of the cliché "yeah, actually I kinda like you now" stuff...

...not that I think she actually shot her. She probably just ran out of energy. You don't just survive a headshot, even with training, so the bullet probably missed. Unless the next 10 episode are going to be her in a hospital bed? Yeah, didn't think so either.

Have to say, I'm not too fond of this anime. It's currently at the bottom of the list. It doesn't do anything to me. I do like the fast-paced fight scenes (probably from growing up with DBZ), but otherwise, I don't really get it. Still want to see what happens in case it picks up.

You do realize that she shot her in the left shoulder right?
Apr 22, 2014 3:00 AM

Oct 2009
Bleh if you ask me, this was the weakest episode so far. So many flaws. The Pleasure Gang was stupid and I expected some kind of strategy from them rather than a frontal attack and get owned.

Pretty sure their deaths were supposed to emotional as well but..............lulz.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blade &amp; Soul Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2014

96 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 23, 2023 3:35 PM

Poll: » Blade &amp; Soul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

67 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 23, 2023 8:46 AM

Poll: » Blade &amp; Soul Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

49 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 23, 2023 8:02 AM

Poll: » Blade &amp; Soul Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

56 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Blade &amp; Soul Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2014

72 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 22, 2023 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.