Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 17, 2014 7:11 PM

Jun 2013
you anime only viewers arent ready for next tuesday.
Apr 17, 2014 7:39 PM

Sep 2011
embracebuddha said:
you anime only viewers arent ready for next tuesday.

I'm getting ready. ^_^
Apr 17, 2014 9:22 PM

May 2012
The heart tho. :))
Apr 18, 2014 4:57 AM
Jul 2013
Is there anyone here who could really explain what nen type/category does Netero belongs? I've always thought he is a conjuration type. But his techniques seems to belong more on manipulation and emission type as what I see in his "ZERO" technique. But some says he's enhancer.
Apr 18, 2014 9:21 AM
Oct 2009
darkwizard19 said:
Is there anyone here who could really explain what nen type/category does Netero belongs? I've always thought he is a conjuration type. But his techniques seems to belong more on manipulation and emission type as what I see in his "ZERO" technique. But some says he's enhancer.

I don't know (or can't recall) if there's any official info on this, but the abilities look like a mix of emission and enhancement. No idea what his main type is, though. The statue he summons is pure Nen rather than some materialized object, so it's not conjuration. For similar reasons, I don't think there's any manipulation involved either, since the statue is not an independent being/object. Contrast this to Kastro's ability: he conjures a fully materialized copy of himself, which he then controls by manipulation.
Apr 18, 2014 9:27 AM

Oct 2008
darkwizard19 said:
Is there anyone here who could really explain what nen type/category does Netero belongs?
His hatsu, the 100-type bodhisattva, is definitely emission / manipulation, though there may be an enhancement element to it as well.

That said, I believe he's officially an enhancer, which makes it all the more impressive.
Apr 18, 2014 11:54 AM

Oct 2011
Speechless.....
Apr 18, 2014 1:46 PM
Jul 2018
That was awesome.
I cracked up at that end lol
Apr 19, 2014 7:55 AM

May 2012
Am i the only one getting frustrated waiting for Gon to just go crazy? We saw a little of his power before his 1hour wait blah blah and in the intro but every episode im just like, is he going to flip it now? The King vs Netero is awesome i have to admit but my mind is on Gon so i cant enjoy it! plus theres all this Killua breakdown moments that are just killing me. Argghh these 12 year old ************************** JUST NO
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2014 2:08 PM

Jun 2012
<3
Apr 19, 2014 5:12 PM

Jan 2012
MOE MOE KYUN!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Apr 20, 2014 4:11 AM
May 2013
Holy crap! the showdown between the king and Netero has begun!! I want to see what the King has in his arsenal!! Bring on ep 126!!!
Apr 20, 2014 4:51 AM

May 2013
Just read that Mai Ishii will be doing 126, hoped that Yoshihiro Sugano would get that episode. Oh well.....
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Apr 20, 2014 5:10 AM

Sep 2012
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
Just read that Mai Ishii will be doing 126, hoped that Yoshihiro Sugano would get that episode. Oh well.....

Can I ask from where? I'm not doubting you, I'm just wondering since everyone seems to know who's directing the animation for what episode in advance and what not

Mia Ishii huh? He did episode 73 which was pretty good
Apr 20, 2014 5:32 AM

Jan 2011
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

Yoshihiro Kanno sometimes draws episodes for other teams
so maybe we still can see his art

+ Mai Ishii did 3 of my bests eps 51 , 80 and 106
Apr 20, 2014 6:06 AM

Dec 2012
Flume said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

Can I ask from where? I'm not doubting you, I'm just wondering since everyone seems to know who's directing the animation for what episode in advance and what not

This is the link she gave me when I asked her.
Apr 20, 2014 8:14 AM

May 2013
Flume said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

Most of the times I check it on NF but this time it was confirmed by Takahiko Abiru tweet

Funny how alot of fans are asking the poor guy where the fuck Togashi is lol.

dark-chaos said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

Yoshihiro Kanno sometimes draws episodes for other teams
so maybe we still can see his art

+ Mai Ishii did 3 of my bests eps 51 , 80 and 106

51 and 106 were good episodes, I also liked eps 15 and 44. I don't know what went wrong with 113 thou :|
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Apr 20, 2014 11:14 AM

Jan 2011
Kasavon said:
Am i the only one getting frustrated waiting for Gon to just go crazy? We saw a little of his power before his 1hour wait blah blah and in the intro but every episode im just like, is he going to flip it now? The King vs Netero is awesome i have to admit but my mind is on Gon so i cant enjoy it! plus theres all this Killua breakdown moments that are just killing me. Argghh these 12 year old ************************** JUST NO

14 years old
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Apr 20, 2014 12:00 PM

Jul 2013
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
51 and 106 were good episodes, I also liked eps 15 and 44. I don't know what went wrong with 113 thou :|
Slow pacing/repeated scenes just to end the episode where they wanted to end it. Also, episode 119 wasn't a climactic fight between major characters (Ikalgo vs Bloster). 44 wasn't entirely Mai Ishii. 73 on the other hand contained more "climactic" fight scenes, and was one of the better episodes her team's done.

If the next episode doesn't look too well, then I blame it on the circumstances surrounding the budget.
Apr 20, 2014 2:53 PM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
Flume said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

This is the link she gave me when I asked her.

Sweet, thanks
Apr 20, 2014 5:28 PM

Dec 2008
Apr 24, 2014 4:15 AM
Apr 2014
eppic fight i thought maybe the king would have that blank expression throughout the fight but nope haha shows how strong netero really is, though im not sure what would happen when the king attacks D;
and i love that really low voice gon has in the recent eps because hes kind of snapped inside its kind of gives me the shivers and it really shows how hes feeling ;-;
Apr 30, 2014 7:43 PM

Mar 2011
Unexpected.
May 3, 2014 7:04 PM

Apr 2014
Woahh. They use The Last Mission OST...Just epic
May 13, 2014 9:10 PM

May 2012
Was kind of annoying how they moved backwards in the Netero vs King fight to show us the same scene for the third time but I was glad to see that the focus is now on the main confrontation.
May 13, 2014 9:16 PM

Mar 2013
Next episode should cover until the end of chapter 305
that'd make a good cliff hanger imo. How about you guys that read the manga? This episode was done nicely, and portrayed Poufs thinking process nicely. Kanmaru Killua was also just awesome!
May 13, 2014 11:19 PM

Dec 2011
Good God! That ending! That preview! I can't wait!
May 13, 2014 11:28 PM

Mar 2014
DalPuri said:

Haha your comments are cute man. Probably because of your avatar + you leaving a comment every time you finish an episode. xD
May 14, 2014 2:36 PM

Jan 2014
Holy crap, that fluid animation AND good art? A certain anime should take notes. #167

How can people think Gon is the typical dimwit MC with all this psychological shit going on? The back and forth between him, Pouf and Knuckle was on some Varys x Baelish level.
Pouf admitting to be the clone, as if that were the case all along, to get them to take his word and that way he could lead them on to whatever thought he likes. Gon calls him out on his BS, catching a single lie, and wrecking that train of psychological goading of Pouf's. But Pouf, still keeping up, used the technicality of Gon asking him to prove it -not trusting his other claims, being a clone and such- to leave, trying to enrage him and to face up with Knuckle outside at the same time.

Once again, resolve, determination, and the WILL are used in their genuine form, that's the raw and realistic form that makes it much more effective.

The best part of this episode, though was the narrator, this moment was my favorite:
Gon and Killua already knew where the King was headed before, but Pitou thought, with all the owning Gon had done recently, that he saw through Pouf and Pitou's exchange of codes earlier, which scares the shit out of him.
This is in a way, like when Kakashi intimidated Zabuza, making him think he could read minds and see the future, albeit more realistically.

Second, Kite asked himself once what would Gon think of the ants if they were not all scum who disregard their comrades, that this might actually be dangerous, forward to 30 episodes later, and we see that it was Knuckle, who displays what happens, and now, it goes all back to Gon, Knuckle refusing to tell him the truth of the ants, not to distract him and keep his conviction, in order to save his life.
I think Knuckle is planning on doing the same with Pouf for now.

No little detail escapes Togashi, he has woven every little event together in making this arc.

The start to the fight was amazing, but it's sad how the amazing first part, which I enjoyed far more, is easily overlooked by many.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2014 3:30 PM

Dec 2011
jreginald said:
DalPuri said:

Haha your comments are cute man. Probably because of your avatar + you leaving a comment every time you finish an episode. xD

Oh, you noticed? ;P Congratz, have a virtual cookie!
May 18, 2014 3:11 AM

Sep 2013
RagingMan said:
Anyone else thought that this was a horrible way to end the episode? http://puu.sh/8aetE.jpg

I LOL'ed at that. Reminded me of Gareth Bale's annoying and overused HEART celebration: http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/bale.jpg

All that 'mind games' thingy in the first half was annoying to me because it was only because of the injured girl that we got all this dithering. Otherwise, Pitou would have crushed Gon in 2 seconds and be done with it.
May 18, 2014 3:19 AM

Jun 2009
Torrible said:

All that 'mind games' thingy in the first half was annoying to me because it was only because of the injured girl that we got all this dithering. Otherwise, Pitou would have crushed Gon in 2 seconds and be done with it.

I think that the ultimate reason for the ant's troubles can be narrowed down to Komugi is actually kind of brilliant..
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 18, 2014 3:24 AM

Dec 2012
I think what's really brilliant is how much the existence of that blind little girl affected the whole arc from the time she was introduced. Remove her from it, and everything would change drastically.
May 18, 2014 4:16 AM

Sep 2013
I do find it interesting that a godlike being such as the King has this one Achilles Heel who will --that I keep reading about-- apparently lead to the Chimera Ants' downfall. Reminds me of one of those ancient Chinese stories of one woman bringing down an entire dynasty.
May 18, 2014 10:57 AM

Jun 2009
tsudecimo said:
I think what's really brilliant is how much the existence of that blind little girl affected the whole arc from the time she was introduced. Remove her from it, and everything would change drastically.

That's actually what I was trying to say, too tired at the time to articulate I guess.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 18, 2014 12:05 PM

Dec 2011
Torrible said:
RagingMan said:
Anyone else thought that this was a horrible way to end the episode? http://puu.sh/8aetE.jpg

I LOL'ed at that. Reminded me of Gareth Bale's annoying and overused HEART celebration: http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/bale.jpg

It was an excellent way to end the episode. Brilliant use of foreshadowing.

This dithering creates tension and makes Gon vs. Pitou one of the most (if not the most) anticipated fights in the series! For the first time, Pitou is afraid of what her opponent might do, despite Gon being considerably weaker. Viewers get a good look at the darkness and intensity of Gon's emotions (and also get to see Killua feeling helpless). Komugi (and her injury) builds up so much emotional turmoil during this arc... it's not even funny how different this would be if she weren't there.

tsudecimo said:

Torrible said:
I do find it interesting that a godlike being such as the King has this one Achilles Heel who will --that I keep reading about-- apparently lead to the Chimera Ants' downfall. Reminds me of one of those ancient Chinese stories of one woman bringing down an entire dynasty.
May 18, 2014 1:44 PM

May 2014
tsudecimo said:

Torrible said:

I dig that too. I specially liked it when Killua correctly deduced that there was a third party in the palace right before the invasion and that this could change everything.

Komugi's presence from the very get go caused a Butterfly effect in the development of the whole mission. This not only develops the human-ant conflict in the King, but also expands on the whole 'professionalism' the palace invasion requires. The invasion squad came ready for anything and they still met a situation totally unexpected and had to pull off the mission based only on assumptions of what was going on.

Really, the palace invasion is just awesome.
May 18, 2014 2:28 PM

Mar 2014
Raticate said:
tsudecimo said:

Torrible said:

I dig that too. I specially liked it when Killua correctly deduced that there was a third party in the palace right before the invasion and that this could change everything.

Komugi's presence from the very get go caused a Butterfly effect in the development of the whole mission. This not only develops the human-ant conflict in the King, but also expands on the whole 'professionalism' the palace invasion requires. The invasion squad came ready for anything and they still met a situation totally unexpected and had to pull off the mission based only on assumptions of what was going on.

Really, the palace invasion is just awesome.

Agreed with everyone that was quoted. It was VERY brilliant. If they hadn't introduced Komugi then this entire arc would be totally different.

We wouldn't have Meruem's amazing development. Actually, we wouldn't have Pouf's either -- I mean the guy turned from this nonchalant servant to someone that you can liken to an obsessive girlfriend. Of course, like the king, this was always the Royal Guard. But we wouldn't have been able to see that side of Pouf if it wasn't for Komugi. Togashi did such a great job in introducing Komugi, huge part of why I love this arc so much.
May 18, 2014 2:42 PM

Dec 2012
Pouf? Character development? Huh?

That wasn't really character development. The only royal guard who had character development was Youpi.
May 18, 2014 3:12 PM

Jun 2009
I'm interested in how you think Pouf hasn't received development, tsud. Before he noticed Komugi's effect on the King he was a rather composed guy, probably the most level headed of the group. Since then he's become more and more jealous to the point of becoming fanatical.

I may have to concede on Pitou, though. But, I also don't think development is a make or break type of deal, hence why she is still my favorite Royal Guard. And I'm not saying you think this as you obviously never implied it, I just want to put it out there.

Then again, I can't help but think Pitou changed when those tears fell from her eyes. Even if only a little bit.
Ston3_FreeN7May 18, 2014 3:44 PM

- Geralt of Rivia
May 18, 2014 3:37 PM

Dec 2012
Well before anybody goes there. I'm not calling any character bad because they didn't have character development. Nor is character development always needed for any character.

Pouf much like Pitou had his character fleshed out. The jealousy and all his reactions since Komugi was introduced were all part of him, he is level of loyalty is above the other two guards. Komugi was just a catalyst that brought forth this side of his personality, it was already there from the beginning. He cared deeply about the King more than anyone, so the jealousy is just a natural result from that deep affection.

As for Pitou. That was her character all along, it didn't change, it was simply fleshed out, and was given more dimension to it.

The loyalty existed in her genes, from the get go. Her character from the beginning is a loyal guard. She cried because, The King entrusted her with something important to him, she felt honored. All what she did regarding Komugi, is simply following the King's order and her body expressed the rest. It has no effects on her personality or morals. If the King were to tell her to kill Komugi, she would do it, in an instant, without hesitation. She doesn't really have any type of sympathy for Komugi, Gon, Kite, etc.

Youpi was quite obvious. Since he changed significantly from his introduction, emotionally and morally. Due to events not relevant to his loyalty for the king. And showed sides of his personality not from a result of something he was born with.

Pitou still my favorite like you, but that's probably because I'm indifferent for the other two.
May 18, 2014 4:40 PM

Jun 2009
I pretty much agree with your points regarding Pitou, her emotional reaction when her King needed her for something is almost certainly because of her biological programming and she would have no doubt cut down anything the King told her to. Still, it's an absolutely beautiful moment imo. Really changed how I thought of Pitou (116 pretty much sealed the deal).

As far as Pouf, I think jealousy developed within him. He wasn't jealous when the King praised Pitou in episode 91, for example. He only seemed to go that way when Komugi, a lowly human, came along. And, simple jealousy is one thing but it has long turned into murderous intent.

I don't know, though. In an arc where these "monsters" are gaining more and more human traits whether it be "love for a life", "jealousy", etc. one could argue the ants have been developing from day one ever since that turtle asked for names.

- Geralt of Rivia
May 18, 2014 4:59 PM

Dec 2012
That's a fair point I guess. Yeah one could argue that, it would be more of change and development within a thematic purpose though, not necessarily change in characterization of already established characters like Youpi's.

But I still think other than the King, Youpi had the most character development or obvious change in characterization.
tsudecimoMay 18, 2014 5:04 PM
May 18, 2014 5:02 PM

May 2014
insan3Spectre said:
As far as Pouf, I think jealousy developed within him. He wasn't jealous when the King praised Pitou in episode 91, for example. He only seemed to go that way when Komugi, a lowly human, came along. And, simple jealousy is one thing but it has long turned into murderous intent.

I'm with the 'I don't think Pouf developed as a character in the arc' side. Pouf's drive for killing Komugi is not jealousy. Pouf wants to kill Komugi so the King focuses in becoming the leader for the Chimera Ant evolution. Pouf fears the King's relationship with Komugi will make him reconsider his attitude towards humans and the evolution of the Chimera Ants, as pointed out when the King summoned his guards to ask for his name. This fear is in line with Pouf's devotion to the King as the leader of Chimera Ants, established from day one.

The only thing that changed in Pouf's mind was his evaluation of how much of a threat Komugi was. I would however, call this simply learning, as opposed to a change of values or point of view.
May 18, 2014 5:07 PM

Dec 2012
Raticate said:

Well said. Worded it better than I could.

Although I do think that Pouf is jealous of Komugi, because the King cares for her more. I think there is affection from Pouf that doesn't just stem from loyalty and devotion.

Nvm, you are right. It's mostly how you described it.
tsudecimoMay 18, 2014 5:15 PM
May 18, 2014 5:17 PM

Jun 2009
I think it's both, really. I think he's jealous and wants whats best for the Ants as a whole. Again, I think at least part of the reason for his wanting to kill Komugi is because he believes his King shouldn't lower himself to a human's level. Especially when the King seems to care more for the girl than his loyal royal guards. Heh, I wonder how he would have reacted in 112 if he was in Pitou's position.

However, I happen to be right at the episodes where Pouf becomes wary of Komugi. So maybe I'll think differently when I don't have to discuss something I saw months ago.
Ston3_FreeN7May 18, 2014 5:23 PM

- Geralt of Rivia
May 18, 2014 10:02 PM

Mar 2014
tsudecimo said:
Pouf? Character development? Huh?

That wasn't really character development. The only royal guard who had character development was Youpi.

Oh okay, you worded it better. "Fleshed out" is the term. And like I said, "just like the king, this too was the royal guard".

But I also agree with insane. So I guess there was development. I can see how it's more than just loyalty & division but actual jealousy.
Jun 23, 2014 2:51 PM

Jan 2014
Ojiji Senshi Sailor Netekokoro for the fucking win
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Jul 2, 2014 12:38 PM

Jan 2013
Some amazing animation.
Fantastic episode all around
Jul 3, 2014 9:59 PM

Nov 2011
MrAM said:

I agree concerning Netero. Before now I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but if he can overlook all of the loss of life and destruction that was needed to bring about this battle, then my opinion of him has dropped significantly. I'm a tad saddened that he has turned out to be selfish, as he seemed to be one of the only morally good characters. Had saving humanity or some form of righteous anger been his primary motivation, I wouldn't have cared so much if he also happened to enjoy the battle also.

While I do agree that the arc seems to be placing a big pointer on the problem of selfishness, I don't think it's been limited to humans alone. As we've seen, many Ant leaders struck out on their own to become kings themselves, with some of them even plotting against Meruem for their own benefit. Virtually all of the squad leaders are very self-centered, with few exceptions. (Colt comes to mind.)

The Royal Guards aren't immune either, with Pouf being the case-in-point. He isn't loyal to the King, but rather to his own idea of what the King should be. He's a very controlling/manipulative "person", willing even to speak against Meruem (and, by implication, kill the other Royal Guards) to meet his own goals. He appears intensely loyal on the surface, but he really just wants Meruem to do what he (Pouf) wants him to do. It's a very dark and deceptive sort of selfishness.

I don't think Gon is the more evil one between himself and Pitou for two reasons:

First, Pitou was bloodthirsty and depraved long before the King was born. This was first shown with her merciless mindrape and subsequent dumping of Pokkle. However, this was taken even further with her killing of Kite, which she did purely for sport and seemed to enjoy immensely. She even made a plaything of Kite's body afterwards, which is quite twisted. Her turning of Palm is another part of her depraved mindset. There is no justification of any of this from a human standpoint, and blaming it on the "Ant side" doesn't make her innocent either. Do we spare a dog that even bites a human, let alone kills one? While she's not as selfish as Pouf, she is still very evil.

Second, Gon's pursuit for her life, in and of itself, is not wrong. Pitou represents a tremendous danger to humanity in addition to her previous murder and twisted "fun". There is no repentance on her part. The only reason she seems "good" is because she's doing all of this for the King (who is also morally nebulous, but I'll get to that later). That does not excuse her other deeds, nor is doing evil for someone else right (saving Kogumi might not be wrong, but what about when the King, say, asks her to kill people?). Given that Hunters are the highest peace-keeping force in the HxH-verse, it is proper that a Hunter kill her for her deeds. Gon is not wrong for fulfilling that duty. Gon's problem is that he's let himself become consumed with hatred. Hatred is not satisfied until it has it's way (see the root in selfishness?), and therefore harms everything in its path. This is exemplified by Gon's abusive words toward Killua, and further shows that, at this point, he doesn't truly (platonicly) love Killua. Words well up from the heart. Given how dark Gon's heart is being shown right now, it's a good illustration of how evil tries to birth more evil. However, given that Gon is still a child, he's basically innocent and has a far better chance of having a change of heart than Pitou does.

Moving on from that, even the "purest" of the Royal Guards, Youpi, is still evil for a couple reasons. True, he doesn't kill for the sake of killing (like Pitou) or attempt to manipulate the King and other Guards (like Pouf), but he still has no problem killing masses of people who haven't wronged him in any way. This mostly comes back to a willingness to follow an evil ruler (again, which I'll address in a moment), which is inexcusable no matter whether it stems from the animal side of human side (see dog rhetoric above). At that, he carries an intense rage that furthers violence.

Finally, we have Meruem. Meruem carries an intense sense of pride and entitlement, but this is only the beginning of his woes. He has no problem murdering countless people for an impossible ideal. No matter how morally righteous one may be, you cannot force that upon others. Seeing that nobody is truly perfect, his explanation of his ideal doesn't work: He mentions that greedy do-nothings live on one side and poor starving children on the other, yet doesn't take into account that those starving children may be even more morally corrupt than the do-nothings. Does that make their starvation acceptable? No. Does that mean they are any more worthy of living than the do-nothings? Not necessarily. It is the heart and actions that makes one good or evil, not one's position in life. Be it a beggar or a king, either can be evil.

For his ideal to work, human nature itself would have to disappear. This is where the changing of humans to Ants comes in: By using their only method of removing everyone's humanity, not only does all of this inequality disappear, but any kind of meaningful relationship does too. What happens to love, kindness, and happiness? It all disappears. That's why he decided that some humans shouldn't be killed, but this is where his logic fails, because by leaving humans behind, he still hasn't removed human nature. His ideal is impossible. What that means is this: It all boils down to his true goal, controlling the world (read: selfishness). He wishes to impose his own (selfish) will on others. In the end, he's basically trying to become God.

Does that not seem truly twisted? You could say he's misguided, that he doesn't realize his own selfishness, and that he could change. I agree with that sentiment. However, as it stands, he is still an evil character through and through.

The only character who seems truly pure to me at this point is Killua. He was raised in an abusive environment both physically and mentally. He was manipulated into killing people. He is a child, and therefore a victim. When was he taught to do the right thing? And yet, his heart cries out. He doesn't want to kill people. He wants to love people. He wants to be "normal". That is what Gon represents to Killua, and that's why he cherishes their relationship so. It's really amazing to see how selflessly he protects and (platonicly) loves Gon. It's also why Gon's evil (read: hatred) has hurt him so, yet despite that he still loves him. It's really a beautiful picture.

Unless something happens to subvert the portrayal so far, I get the feeling the writer of this has a good understanding of human nature. It's rare to encounter this sort of thing in any work, let alone a battle shounen.

(Thanks to MrAM for the thought-provoking post!)
TripleSRankJul 3, 2014 10:10 PM
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.