Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 14, 2014 9:08 AM

Mar 2014
I'm kind of a newcomer in the anime world and people keep going on about K-On. I've only seen one review of it saying it was kind of a waste of time but it actually looked kind of interesting. So, is it a giant pile of shit or is it a good watch?
Keep Calm and Hail Hydra
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 14, 2014 9:09 AM

Nov 2010
Yes, especially the sequel.
Apr 14, 2014 9:10 AM

Jan 2013
1 post....

Anyways I'll bite. Yes it's worth watching. Even if you don't particularly like slice of life anime, K-on is kind of the flagship moe anime.

Not watching it is like not watching Remember the Titans or Starship Troopers.
Apr 14, 2014 9:10 AM

Jan 2013
It's filled with fun things which are fun.
Apr 14, 2014 9:11 AM

Feb 2013
It's not bad, well, depends. I am slowpoking it since ages ago.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Apr 14, 2014 9:12 AM
Sep 2013
I just finished the first season yesterday. I think it's overrated in terms of quality for a number of reasons, but it's still worth watching. It's a cute show.
Apr 14, 2014 9:13 AM

Jan 2013
Sometimes even things that are terrible can be significant in their own way.

No matter how many pop girls came out, people will never forget Brittany Spears.

No matter how many douchebags come out, people will never Forget Justin Bieber.

No matter how many cute girls doing cute things shows come out people will never forget K-on.
Apr 14, 2014 9:13 AM

Jan 2013
LoneWolfRain said:
I just finished the first season yesterday. I think it's overrated in terms of quality for a number of reasons, but it's still worth watching. It's a cute show.

The first season is really bad compared to the second.
Apr 14, 2014 9:16 AM
Sep 2013
SolviteSekai said:
LoneWolfRain said:

That's good to hear. I guess people are talking about season 2 when they praise it?

Anyway, I'm gonna watch it and find out for myself.
Apr 14, 2014 9:16 AM

Feb 2010
It's a very enjoyable and easy watch, nothing that stimulates your mind much though.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 14, 2014 9:17 AM

Jan 2013
LoneWolfRain said:
SolviteSekai said:
LoneWolfRain said:

That's good to hear. I guess people are talking about season 2 when they praise it?

Anyway, I'm gonna watch it and find out for myself.

A lot of people praise it as a joke.

It's not the greatest show ever.

Edit, people who watched k-on when it came out didnt rage about how K-on was just another Cute Girls anime because K-on didnt come out after K-on made cute girls doing cute things as popular as it is now.
Apr 14, 2014 9:18 AM

Mar 2014
Sweet, most of the comments here were mainly positive about it so I'm gonna put it on the watchlist. Also, anyone wanna share thoughts on Idol M@ster?
Keep Calm and Hail Hydra
Apr 14, 2014 9:19 AM

Jan 2013
I've heard good things about Idolmaster, turned it on, got bored, and decided to watch it later.

A-1 pictures is the very definition of mediocrity.
Apr 14, 2014 9:21 AM
Jul 2018
MarioLuigi9999 said:
I'm kind of a newcomer in the anime world and people keep going on about K-On. I've only seen one review of it saying it was kind of a waste of time but it actually looked kind of interesting. So, is it a giant pile of shit or is it a good watch?

Newcomer?!

Don't waste your time with K-On!

You have to watch Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Cowboy Bebop, Berserk, Ergo Proxy, Tokyo Godfathers, Gurren Lagann, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Fooly Cooly, ect ect.

For the love of god please watch things that won't rot your brain with moe and loli.
Apr 14, 2014 9:23 AM

Jan 2013
Fiction-S said:
MarioLuigi9999 said:

Newcomer?!

You have to watch Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Cowboy Bebop, Berserk, Ergo Proxy, Tokyo Godfathers, Gurren Lagann, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Fooly Cooly, ect ect.

For the love of god please watch things that won't rot your brain with moe and loli.

Lol. This post should be on the front page of MAL every time you log on.

"Don't bother with silly slice of life anime bro. Watch dark, edgy stuff about fighting. Trust me."
Apr 14, 2014 9:24 AM

Mar 2013
SoL sucks.

Dark and edgy 4 lyfe.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Apr 14, 2014 9:24 AM

Apr 2013
Yes. If you wish to be bored almost to death, that is.
Apr 14, 2014 9:25 AM

Aug 2011
MarioLuigi9999 said:
Sweet, most of the comments here were mainly positive about it so I'm gonna put it on the watchlist. Also, anyone wanna share thoughts on Idol M@ster?

The iDOLM@STER is greatness.
Apr 14, 2014 9:25 AM

Feb 2010
Fiction-S said:
MarioLuigi9999 said:

Newcomer?!

FLCL is so much worse than K-On though. SO MUCH.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 14, 2014 9:26 AM
Jul 2018
SolviteSekai said:
Fiction-S said:
MarioLuigi9999 said:

Newcomer?!

"Don't bother with silly slice of life anime bro. Watch dark, edgy stuff about fighting. Trust me."

I'm gonna let this one slide..

When I watch something, I don't want to be bored.
Let's watch an anime about GIRLS DRINKING TEA.
Apr 14, 2014 9:27 AM

Jan 2013
Fiction-S said:
SolviteSekai said:
Fiction-S said:
MarioLuigi9999 said:

Newcomer?!

I'm gonna let this one slide..

When I watch something, I don't want to be bored.
Let's watch an anime about GIRLS DRINKING TEA.

When I watch anime, I don't watch it to see japanese teenagers yelling at each other.

Your move Luffy.

Mar 2014
Fiction-S said:
MarioLuigi9999 said:

Newcomer?!

Haha, don't worry dude, I'm not THAT much of a newcomer. I've only recently started becoming like a hardcore anime watcher, I've watched some of the stuff you listed and the ones I haven't watched wi19
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Fiction-S said:
MarioLuigi9999 said:

Newcomer?!

Haha, don't worry dude, I'm not THAT much of a newcomer. I've only recently started becoming like a hardcore anime watcher, I've watched some of the stuff you listed and the ones I haven't watched will be watched sooner or later.
Keep Calm and Hail Hydra
Sep 2013
SolviteSekai said:

Edit, people who watched k-on when it came out didnt rage about how K-on was just another Cute Girls anime because K-on didnt come out after K-on made cute girls doing cute things as popular as it is now.
That's exactly what I suspected. I didn't really see the difference in K-On than every other "cute girls doing cute things" type shows, so I was wondering if I had to just watch it in a certain perspective.

Higashi_no_Kaze said:

FLCL is so much worse than K-On though. SO MUCH.
Agreed. FLCL is pretty much unwatchable.

Aug 2013
No watch Ah My Goddess instead. Belldandy is a million times more moe than every single character from K-On.

More pics of moe Belldandy http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/anime/6/2027.jpg
http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/anime/7/4104.jpg
http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/anime/9/20825.jpg

Feb 2013
once you understand k-on, you understand the underlying principles of the anime industry

Sep 2011
if slice of lifes without much going on are your thing then yes. Just dont go in expecting the amazing but rather something relaxing. Its not my cup of tea but its a hard series to hate

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 14, 2014 9:29 AM

Jan 2013
LoneWolfRain said:
SolviteSekai said:

That's exactly what I suspected. I didn't really see the difference in K-On than every other "cute girls doing cute things" type shows, so I was wondering if I had to just watch it in a certain perspective.

K-on is a show that you watch because it is entertaining and relaxing.

It wont change your life. It isn't deep. It isn't the Game of Thrones of anime.

The main character isn't a genius. Nobody gets their head blown off. Nobody makes weird crazy faces because their mom died in a freak moose accident.

It's just a cartoon. A really well made cartoon.

Jan 2013
JizzyHitler said:
if slice of lifes without much going on are your thing then yes. Just dont go in expecting the amazing but rather something relaxing.
Its not my cup of tea
but its a hard series to hate

I am literally bowing my head to you right now for this.

Apr 2012
No. Unless you like watching a group of girls doing daily meaningless things. Its boring as fuck. Its not bad but its really boring, might as well just watch ants on the floor do their thing, altough that is probably more interesting. So yeah if you are a stalker you might like it, if you dont care about other peoples daily lifes youll get bored.
Apr 14, 2014 9:30 AM
Jul 2018
MarioLuigi9999 said:
Fiction-S said:
MarioLuigi9999 said:

Newcomer?!

Haha, don't worry dude, I'm not THAT much of a newcomer. I've only recently started becoming like a hardcore anime watcher, I've watched some of the stuff you listed and the ones I haven't watched wi19
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Fiction-S said:
MarioLuigi9999 said:

Newcomer?!

Haha, don't worry dude, I'm not THAT much of a newcomer. I've only recently started becoming like a hardcore anime watcher, I've watched some of the stuff you listed and the ones I haven't watched will be watched sooner or later.

NEWCOMER, i love you.

K-On, it's just girls drinking tea.

Your life is probably more intriguing than these... girls.
Apr 14, 2014 9:32 AM

Aug 2013
baki502 said:
No. Unless you like watching a group of girls doing daily meaningless things. Its boring as fuck. Its not bad but its really boring, might as well just watch ants on the floor do their thing, altough that is probably more interesting. So yeah if you are a stalker you might like it, if you dont care about other peoples daily lifes youll get bored.
Plus the girls aren't even that cute. Belldandy is a million times cuter than every character from K-On.
Apr 14, 2014 9:33 AM

Feb 2013
OP, try a few episodes and see. You won't get anywhere when trolls decide to troll your thread off. Don't expect anything mindblowing.
Apr 14, 2014 9:33 AM

Jan 2013
baki502 said:

By this logic, are you a murderer if you watch Psycho Pass?
Apr 14, 2014 9:34 AM

Feb 2013
SolviteSekai said:
baki502 said:

Pretty much... and watching hentai... mmmh
Apr 14, 2014 9:35 AM
Sep 2013
SolviteSekai said:

The main character isn't a genius. Nobody gets their head blown off. Nobody makes weird crazy faces because their mom died in a freak moose accident.

You lost me there. I think it's more decently made than "really well" made.

Nov 2010
DrGeroCreation said:
Plus the girls aren't even that cute. Belldandy is a million times cuter than every character from K-On.
Get off Belldandy's dick.

Jan 2013
LoneWolfRain said:
SolviteSekai said:

You lost me there. I think it's more decently made than "really well" made.

Most things by KyoAni are really well made.

Your taste is subjective. The quality of the animation and the voice over work are not.
Apr 14, 2014 9:37 AM

Aug 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Correction it's vagina. Belldandy and Mizuho Kazami are objectively cuter than every character from K-On. K-On's moeness is overrated.
Apr 14, 2014 9:38 AM

Mar 2013
SolviteSekai said:
Your taste is subjective. The quality of the animation and the voice over work are not.

"Everyone's taste is subjective" more like.

Yeah, I'm "that guy".
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Apr 14, 2014 9:40 AM

Nov 2010
DrGeroCreation said:
IntroverTurtle said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Correction it's vagina. Belldandy and Mizuho Kazami are objectively cuter than every character from K-On. K-On's moeness is overrated.
Please learn the definition of objectively.
Apr 14, 2014 9:40 AM

Jan 2013
DerpHole said:
SolviteSekai said:

"Everyone's taste is subjective" more like.

Yeah, I'm "that guy".

I'm not arguing that K-on is entertaining.

I argued that it was the anime that spawned off tons of clones of itself. That is a huge part of anime history and a true anime fan would watch it for the sake of watching it.

Only in dumb bizarro world do we all only get 15 anime series to watch in our entire life.

You don't have to make decisions on what anime you will watch as though picking the wrong one might kill you.

Just watch them all, you got your whole fucking life to do this shit.
Apr 14, 2014 9:42 AM

Apr 2012
SolviteSekai said:
baki502 said:

It should be obvious that I spiced it up a little to make it more interesting to read. The essence of my message is still there, if you are the kind of person that like hearing about peoples daily lives, youll probably like it. But if youre the kind of person that just thinks "When is this person going to shut up!", when someone tells you what they had to eat and what they did yesterday, then youll most likely hate it.
Apr 14, 2014 9:42 AM

Jul 2011
Sure, why not?
Apr 14, 2014 9:43 AM

Jan 2013
Praland said:
Sure, why not?

Because man, if you watch a boring anime the consequences are dire.

Your head might explode if you watch too much boring or harem anime.

It's much safer to only watch credible series that are unanimously loved, and then denounce ever watching anime for the rest of your life.
Apr 14, 2014 9:44 AM
Sep 2013
SolviteSekai said:

The quality of anything is indeed subjective, my friend.
Apr 14, 2014 9:45 AM

Jan 2014
One of my favorite anime. The moe is real.
Apr 14, 2014 9:46 AM
Apr 14, 2014 9:48 AM
Jul 2018

Chuunibyou?

*snaps*

Yeah, Watch Chuunibyou instead.

Something actually happens and something actually gets done.
Its just something I wouldn't rewatch.
Apr 14, 2014 9:50 AM

Jan 2013
Fiction-S said:

Chuunibyou?

*snaps*

Or watch both. And then watch more anime.
Apr 14, 2014 9:51 AM

Jan 2014
Fiction-S said:

Chuunibyou?

*snaps*

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140220145112/cardfight/images/e/eb/2319855-why_not_both.jpg
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

game8910 - Jun 4, 2009

233 by The_Neeko »»
Apr 1, 8:37 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 2, 2009

598 by piratini »»
Mar 16, 1:58 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DaBigD - Jun 25, 2009

344 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 3:22 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jun 18, 2009

314 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 2:59 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

DaBigD - Jun 11, 2009

199 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 2:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.