Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 12, 2014 8:57 PM

Jan 2013
Damn great episode
Apr 12, 2014 8:58 PM

Sep 2010
Sorafyy said:
After about 10-20 minutes of research, what I got is that this series was originally compromised of Vocaloid songs and then adapted into a LN and manga in order for it to have a story? Is that right?
The songs already had a story before the LN and manga came out but basically, yes.
Apr 12, 2014 9:01 PM
Dec 2010
http://blog-imgs-63-origin.fc2.com/n/i/k/nikonikoranking/20140413005010462.jpg

Wow look at the hate this anime is getting in Japan.
Apr 12, 2014 9:03 PM
Jul 2018
animeoppai said:
Yacchi said:
animeoppai said:

You should probably put spoilers tags between your post, btw.

Apr 12, 2014 9:04 PM

Oct 2009
WHAT'S WITH THE SHIT QUALITY O.O
I mean the storyboarding/music/etc is good but... what...
Apr 12, 2014 9:10 PM

Apr 2014
Interesting, hmm.. want to keep watching
Enjoyed the visual representation, reminded me a bit of how bakemonogatari was portrayed.
Apr 12, 2014 9:16 PM

Oct 2012
(+) Ene everwhere. i think its pretty boring..but i'd love to see moar Kano and Ayano (Mai Nakahara). and that amazing modern technology shintaro's room. My God!

7/10

(-) Shaft style=Bakemonogatari's style. not really fond about it. and the terrorist event..what the hell with black and white coloring style. not wrong if everyone say "low budget" for this. i mean. C'mon SHAFT please give us more. i know you can do better than this. after all "Mekakucity Actor" was kinda promising anime for everyone. Many KagePro Fans waited long for it's adaptation. So please don't disappoint us. >.<
Apr 12, 2014 9:21 PM

Sep 2012
I have no clue what happened there, this will be fun.
Apr 12, 2014 9:25 PM

Jul 2012
Wow was I excited for this anime!! Despite watching the first episode a few times I am still all hyped up haha...I really love what I saw so far. I think all the voices are great! It is so strange seeing these characters animated with voices, wow.

There is only one thing that really bothers me? I don't understand what is with the futuristic setting here? One of the things I always loved about Kagepro was despite some of the crazy plot elements, it was still realistic in a sense. The settings were nothing crazy. Shintaro's room...that department store....just totally off putting for me and took something away. Especially Shinatro's room. That is pretty important to him as a person. I am not liking the feel of the setting at all.

The only other thing I can think of was wow those head tilts made me cringe. Or laugh. But that shouldn't be a thing? There were a lot of wacky head/neck movements that made me sit there going human bodies don't work like that....

Still though, don't think I am totally complaining here! I love mostly everything else and I can't wait to see how things go in the anime! I love the opening song! Seeing Outer Science in there made me so happy. I would love for a bad end like that ahhhh...great job so far!
Apr 12, 2014 9:29 PM

Oct 2012
I'm obsessed with the OP and have seen it more than 60 times now. I've also noticed some more things in it:

SUPER HEAVY SPOILERSSSSSS
Apr 12, 2014 9:35 PM

Apr 2013
Lyrisia said:
Well... this was weird...

This animation wasn't that good >< and the way the camera keep jumping here and there really bothers me :(

thats shaft for you
Apr 12, 2014 9:35 PM
Jul 2018
Nope a fan of this art style but I guess the story is interesting.
Apr 12, 2014 9:38 PM

Sep 2010
EpicCh33se said:
Apr 12, 2014 9:49 PM

Nov 2012
Better than I expected.
Tbh the first ten minutes or so almost pushed me to stop watching, kind of... Annoying? Anyhow, after that it picked up and was very watchable.
I actually really liked the art, it's not the best out there, but I like the style. It's definitely watchabe.
Not familiar with the original source material as I'm not really a fan of Jin's music and never got around to reading the novel... So everything is pretty well new to me. Didn't disappoint, though.
Apr 12, 2014 10:01 PM

Sep 2010
I haven't seen any of the source material but that was a little underwhelming after all the hype. Getting the same vibe as the monogatari series but it seems fitting. It'll be interesting to see where the story goes.
Spring 2014: NANANA WINS ALL.
Check out my blog :) http://castlebell.blogspot.com/
Apr 12, 2014 10:32 PM

Sep 2008
Typical shaft. Not impressed.
Apr 12, 2014 10:34 PM

Apr 2012
ahhh can't wait for the next ep... =v=

EpicCh33se said:
I'm obsessed with the OP and have seen it more than 60 times now. I've also noticed some more things in it:

Apr 12, 2014 10:45 PM

Apr 2014
Kinda reminded me of monogatari
Apr 12, 2014 10:49 PM

Nov 2013
5layer said:
Typical shaft. Not impressed.

Looks like someone is on high horse. SHAFT did a great job with the animations.
Apr 12, 2014 10:49 PM

Nov 2012
yeah this showed again, SHAFT animation style is really tiresome to watch for me.
and the story doesn't seem too interesting yet.. well the end of the episode at least raised my hopes up that it will get more interesting from here on.
Apr 12, 2014 10:51 PM

Feb 2012
These people putting up Spoilers are pretty much annoying to the extent that I want to punch their damn faces on a wall. Please Stop It! This is all for the sake of those people who have no idea on what's the show's about.

Pfffft!
Apr 12, 2014 11:08 PM

Oct 2011
Kerozinn said:
nope. cant say i enjoyed any of the first episode and i wont be back for ep2 either.
the visuals are pretty crappy..to say the least.

whole episode felt udnerwhelming and i couldnt bring myself to care for what is going on.

just watched newest ep of nisekoi and then this..wow..like day and night.

1/5 dropped

What's the point of comparing it to Nisekoi? The two are different anime with different themes. MCA is dark, while Nisekoi is colorful and bright.

Not interesting? Well shit, it's the first episode. I have a feeling you didn't even understand the whole story of Mawaru Penguindrum even after finishing it. lmao
Nope.
Apr 12, 2014 11:09 PM

Mar 2014
I like it but I think the Monogatari series is much better
Apr 12, 2014 11:18 PM
Jun 2013
Kaakurin-kun said:
This was a great first episode. They did skip stuff like Shintaro bumping into the employee, the terrorist stating time will be cut short, and Shintaro getting shot but other than that I'm glad SHAFT is doing my favorite story to read right now.

They did include the part on where Shintaro gets shot.
http://i.imgur.com/7C8qVh4.jpg
Apr 12, 2014 11:21 PM

Oct 2011
As an opening episode, this was promising. I still don't understand why shaft animated at 540p, but it really shows sometimes. Ah well, the style translates well into anime form, though it does miss a bit of the impact that the songs had. (At least for now.)

I'm hoping that they don't try to cram everything into a single season, and instead create a running narrative like with Bakemonogatari and its sequels. (15->25->25... etc.)

Heck, even another season being confirmed would make me more exited for this, considering it would show that they plan on pacing it.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Apr 12, 2014 11:29 PM

Apr 2014
Kerozinn said:
nope. cant say i enjoyed any of the first episode and i wont be back for ep2 either.
the visuals are pretty crappy..to say the least.

whole episode felt udnerwhelming and i couldnt bring myself to care for what is going on.

just watched newest ep of nisekoi and then this..wow..like day and night.

1/5 dropped

Comparing nisekoi, clusterfuck of cliche story with this?
Apr 12, 2014 11:36 PM

May 2010
It reminds me of Blood Lad and Devil Survivor 2 tbh. It's shaft... with a low budget. Good episode, but I was expecting a bit more. Near the end, it got really good and made me interested enough.

7/10 for this episode and I think, the score will rise from now on.
Apr 12, 2014 11:36 PM

Oct 2012
art style was shafty (not a suprize there)
Ene is adorable (but annoying as always)

i was kinda hoping to see shintaro's bunny, but i guess not :P

cant wait to see more of the characters xD
lol somehow just watching the ed (op?) song give me the feels

personally im looking forward to the outer science episode (i loved that song)
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Apr 12, 2014 11:38 PM

Oct 2013
I have to say while I really hope for more colors in the upcoming episodes, the blandness kindof worked for me in the sense that this is the first time someone has come out into the outside world in 2 years.

This is their impression of the world they haven't seen in ages and have been actively avoiding. I'd think it felt bland too. It kindof helped set the separated tone between 'my space' and 'that outside world space'

That said I can't wait for the story to get going. Yes it was confusing. I agree that it is supposed to be confusing (just that sortof opening) which works for me, and I can't wait for everything to hit the storm so to speak.

It was great seeing the characters actually animated in general :)

Could it have been better? Of course. I tried as hard as I could to have my expectations as low as possible just in case so I didn't end up ruining my own experience by expecting more than it was possible to give.

I'll save my final verdicts for until after it's over. So much can happen in just one episode let alone the course of the (admitedly sort) series here that especially with something like this... yeah just can't judge it. Looking at this as the cover to this book, and hoping the end blows everyone away and kicks up the quality (hoping at least) I always give at LEAST 3 episodes to a series where I can before I make any harder decisions on it because just one episode is really not enough to form a meaningful opinion. I mean for the people who didn't give Madoka a full 3 episode run way back when it first came out? And those initial expectations? Seriously...

It did feel slower than most things to me, I kept expecting the episode to have been almost over multiple times when it was only about halfway, but it wasn't an enjoyable experience!
Apr 12, 2014 11:54 PM
Mar 2010
Welp, that was boring as heck.

I came in to this with absolutely no expectations knowing nothing about Kagerou Daze yet I was still disappointed. Almost fell asleep watching this. Reminded me of Shaft's other anime Sasami-san.

I'll give it another two episodes but I hope I don't fall asleep in the middle of them.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 12, 2014 11:56 PM

Jun 2013
phoenixalia said:
Welp, that was boring as heck.

I came in to this with absolutely no expectations knowing nothing about Kagerou Daze yet I was still disappointed. Almost fell asleep watching this. Reminded me of Shaft's other anime Sasami-san.

I'll give it another two episodes but I hope I don't fall asleep in the middle of them.

sasami-san is more colorful though......
Apr 13, 2014 12:06 AM

Dec 2012
Bluuberry said:
These people putting up Spoilers are pretty much annoying to the extent that I want to punch their damn faces on a wall. Please Stop It! This is all for the sake of those people who have no idea on what's the show's about.

Pfffft!

Who forced you to read their spoilers anyway?
Apr 13, 2014 12:22 AM

Aug 2013
this was only the first episode, but it was amazing
I have high expectations in this anime and did not disappoint me this episode
the animation of the 'shaft' created a very interesting background
no have idea how will the next episodes, but only the first already see that this can be one of the best anime of the season
I already want to read the manga and LN now
I loved the Ene
________

este foi somente o primeiro episódio, mas foi incrível
tenho grandes espectativas neste anime e não me decepcionou este episodio
a animação da shaft criou um plano de fundo muito interessante
nem faço ideia de como serão os proximos episodios, mas só pelo primeiro ja vejo que este pode ser um dos melhores animes da temporada
já quero ler o manga e a LN agora
eu adorei a Ene
Apr 13, 2014 12:24 AM

Aug 2012
I'll still be enjoying it because the source material is brilliant, but Shaft is doing an abysmal job at animating it.
.................................................................................
Apr 13, 2014 12:37 AM

Dec 2013
It's been a long time since I've watched a episode of anything that had me grinning and smiling the whole time. It didn't take me long to tell that this had the same style of bakemonogatari (one of my favorite series) so I automatically loved it. Can't wait to marathon this. I love it so far.
Examining one series under the magnifying glass at a time.
Apr 13, 2014 1:21 AM

Feb 2012
kawaii-despair said:

Who forced you to read their spoilers anyway?

At least tone down the fucking amount. Isn't this an ANIME ONLY Discussion? FFS.
Apr 13, 2014 1:26 AM

Mar 2009
>NEET
>Also rich.

ANIME.
Apr 13, 2014 1:32 AM

Jun 2013
Coolio shafty ;D

To be honest this was kind of confusing but cool at the same time, now I need the next episode lol
Apr 13, 2014 1:34 AM

Apr 2009
Mormegil said:
>NEET
>Also rich.

ANIME.

Blame SHAFT. In the songs/LNs/manga he lives in a cramped room at his mother's house. Apparently SHAFT decided to give him a penthouse.
Apr 13, 2014 1:44 AM

Oct 2013
Lol that coke on keyboard. ..reminds me of my coffee once. Thank goodness always kept a spare keyboard....

interesting though not very sure what's the storyline about.
Apr 13, 2014 1:48 AM

Apr 2013
Shaft vibes
Apr 13, 2014 2:07 AM

Jan 2014
Well, that was good.
The art and animation were amazing, yesterday between Ping Pong and Mekaku my eyes were banged like never before, I'm so glad I can still see things like that..

Abou the plot, we're still unsure, if completely clueless on what it is about..
But it seems pretty epic, I can't wait for it to develop..
Apr 13, 2014 2:23 AM
Dec 2012
Aah it's finally here, it's great to see all the material being animated ee
Pretty great first episode overall.

All the hate being directed is actually surprising (although its more at SHAFT than anything)
I think that shaft did an amazing job at adapting the story. Everyone seems to be complaining about the colors being too dull, but it actually works well in my opinion.
Also all these Nisekoi comparisons need to stop
Obviously you wouldn't want to see dull colors for a show like Nisekoi, but the serious tones does Kagepro justice. A brighter atmosphere would throw off that mysterious sense from kagepro's story. Although i do feel like the show lacks an overally feeling of liveliness, it felt like the main characters and that one terrorist were the only people in that entire shopping mall scene

Ah Shaft's beautiful art style<3 The animation needed some work however, though it wasn't that bad at all. They would probably fix the choppiness for the Bluray release anyway

Definitely looking forward for next week. Jin made the right choice for the OP its amazinggg ww hopefully there'd be some inserts from the song series i'd die ;;
Apr 13, 2014 2:36 AM

Sep 2013
the only thing i hate about it is that they rushed it and the artstyle (and a bit the voice casting)

but still, i think the story will be intresting and im sure im goning to watch it ;)

and one thing, is the episodes air weekly or daily?
i got no gif for my signature..... imagine some cool swords clashing and light and fighting everywhere!
Apr 13, 2014 3:28 AM
Jan 2013
Sakuga = Back to quality of Shaft between Bakemono & MMM, when they were having overriding schedule
Story = Confusing in BAD way
Direction = BRING OISHI TATSUYA BACK

Disappointing Shaft returned to their worst pace; when they were doing Vampire Bund, Arakawa and Soramachi.
Apr 13, 2014 3:36 AM

May 2013
Shaft at its finest. Confusing their viewers since Bakemonogatari (joke)

Well, at least Ene is adorable to watch (Thank you Kana Asumi) and this episode confused me in some parts.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 13, 2014 3:40 AM

Apr 2014
I was waiting for this! I think that 2 years passed already *//O//* I can't believe I would be able to watch an anime adaptation of KagePro!

But, I was thinking they could improve the art a bit, and Shintaro's room seems more like an apartment lol Anyways, I really enjoyed the opening (or the ending idk) I watched it like 3 more times after watching it for the first time! They were references for all the songs and sdkfjhkfgh that part with Hibiya and Hiyori and then Hibiya and Momo kjhdlkf just awesome *//O//*

Also, Ene's seiyuu did a great job, and for the others I don't have any complain, they did great!

I'll impatienly wait for the second episode to come, to see Kisaragi Attention *0*
Apr 13, 2014 3:45 AM

Nov 2008
bomboy2121 said:
the only thing i hate about it is that they rushed it and the artstyle (and a bit the voice casting)

but still, i think the story will be intresting and im sure im goning to watch it ;)

and one thing, is the episodes air weekly or daily?

There's no way it come out daily. If it does I think it would be the first anime to do so^^
Apr 13, 2014 3:48 AM
Dec 2012
Ene is Kawaii! I'd enjoy having a virus like that :D

But people going crazy & hating over first episode, It's just the start, Give it a lil time and everything [Including the characters] Will make sense

BTW I noticed a bunch of changes in the anime which weren't in the manga :/
Apr 13, 2014 4:08 AM

Nov 2013
not bad...might take a few more episodes to get the feel of it though. then i'll decide if it's mediocre like chaika the coffin princess or top tier like no game no life.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.