Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Soul Eater NOT!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 9, 2014 12:37 PM

Nov 2013
I want more maka soul black star death the kid please
Apr 9, 2014 12:52 PM

Jul 2013
imperlast said:
they should of not moed up the oldles it's fine on the new but not everyone

This is exactly what I thought while watching this... It makes me want to rewatch Soul Eater to get rid of this disappointed feeling ><

...if the image BBCode on signatures would start working again it'd be greatly appreciated ;~~~;
Apr 9, 2014 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
I raised my arms and cheered when Black Star and Tsubaki appeared. Quite a change from the original but I think I will really enjoy this show, just in a different way to how I enjoyed the original.
Apr 9, 2014 1:59 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, the yuri is already strong in this one xD
Dat boobies hug :3

Those two were too much acting like jerk, it was almost unnatural :P

It was cute. Maybe the plot was a bit lacking, but it's only beginning so I can't judge too fast. Also, I didn't saw the original serie so I will probably miss a lot of reference.

The concept is pretty cool. Seemed a bit unfair to have a sharp katana versus a flat halberd xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 9, 2014 2:08 PM

Mar 2013
It is actually not too bad and I see that the original cast is still present :)
I do dislike the new character designs but it isn't too much of a problem for me..

4/5 Episode
5/5 Black☆Star
Apr 9, 2014 2:14 PM

Jul 2012
A triangle was formed on the first day at DWMA.

It was so refreshing to see Maka, Soul, Kid, and Black Star. I hope to see them more throughout this series.

Great episode!!!
Apr 9, 2014 3:15 PM

Jan 2012
RIP Soul Eater 2004 - 2014.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Apr 9, 2014 5:31 PM
Aug 2013
Just watched this, and even though I've never been really interested in moe-moe anime like this, I actually enjoyed this. It was so nostalgic seeing Maka and the rest. Maka has been my favorite character so it was awesome to see her again.

I agree with whomever said Soul looks high. He totally does. And lol at Tsubaki, she has bigger boobs than the last time.

Black Star though.
Apr 9, 2014 6:36 PM

Aug 2008
Mako and Soul Eater!!! Mako looks so cute omg, and there scene was probably my favorite part of this anime. I'm excited and I have high hopes for this series.

Kerozinn said:
Black☆Star is in this episode 5/5 !!!!

YES! But I don't know if it's me or does Tsubaki's chest look way larger than before....
Apr 9, 2014 7:08 PM
Mar 2013
beeh, somewhat disappointed. It felt like a poorly written ecchi fanfiction haha
Black Star is the best though, happy that he's still the same and drawn relatively alike to his old appearance. I'll keep watching to episode 3 but after that, eeeh i dunno about all that pandering
Apr 9, 2014 9:00 PM

Dec 2011
Ga... Gagantous!

Oh my goodness, the art surely has changed. Maka is kawaii as hell! Oh my god. It was so good seeing the old cast being here... Black Star looking more manly... and Tsubaki is highly moe-fied.

Liking Anya so far, Meme can go away for me. It looks like this won't be as action heavy as the original, but still can't wait to see battles.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2014 9:02 PM

Nov 2013
black star <3
Apr 9, 2014 9:05 PM

Dec 2012
It's pretty cool. I hope it gets better.
I like how the Soul Eater main characters are here as side characters.
Tsubaki is hotter here.
Albi-kunApr 9, 2014 9:10 PM
Apr 9, 2014 10:55 PM

Apr 2014
Surprised me this episode I thought the anime would be bad
Apr 9, 2014 11:49 PM

Jul 2013
So much Saori Hayami this season. From a deredere imouto to a tsundere princess. My ears are happy.
Apr 10, 2014 12:59 AM

Sep 2013
i dont feel soul eater here.. i love the scenes where the soul eater cast appears.. and that maka and soul \m/
Apr 10, 2014 1:40 AM
Oct 2010
I thought this would be really bad.. first off putting those red marks on their knees and cheeks is a sign of a shit anime (imo) so my expectations hit rock bottom after that. Was actually not bad, of course tsubaki's tits are beyond ridiculous now but w/e. I just hope the fights are good.
Apr 10, 2014 1:46 AM

Jul 2011
Well I've been waiting for a new Soul Eater thingie for quite a while.

I have to say that I am NOT disappointed, I loved the first episode of this new series.

The three main characters all seem to have very interesting an unique personaliteies and I am sure we are going too see some strong character develompment in the future episodes. The three of them seem to be very different from each other and I cant wait too see how they are going to team up.
I loved that most of the main characters of the original Soul Eater appeared. Maka, Soul, Black Star, Tsubaki and of course Kid. I hope to see more action from them in the future, we only saw that they are still in Shibusen. I loved the part of the show Maka and Soul made for the newcomers.
The art is great, as I expected. I cant wait to see how one weapon teams up with two meisters, thats gonna be interesting.
In overall, I loved the first episode and I'll be looking forward to the new episodes. Hope I wont get disappointed later on, still dont know the plot and main villains.
5/5 for this one :)
Apr 10, 2014 2:29 AM
Feb 2012
Korrvo said:
Antearion said:
My boy Soul look high.
no truer words spoken in this thread

Dude's just going through the motions and waiting for his paycheck, like any sane person would.
Apr 10, 2014 2:31 AM

Feb 2014
Awesome start. This is gonna be great. A lot of cameos and very likeable protagonists. Humour is great as well. There will probably be a lot sol and 1 or 2 story arcs later down the line, kinda like Railgun. And I'm totally fine with that.

Top 5 contender for this season.
Just sit back, and let your tears do the talking as I save you.
Apr 10, 2014 2:54 AM
Sep 2013
I've read the manga and I personally liked it. Anyways, I like the anime as well, the animation looks really cool, especially the one at the end! I'm going to keep watching ;D
Apr 10, 2014 6:32 AM
Apr 2014
then its easy to say the bad-ass original soul eater series is not what am looking for here in this series, its a complete different series and genre, i figured out people who don't originally like and not watching the original series would like this moe thing...LAME -_-” “and why is that fun even its a complete different series coz its about Moe, Ecchi , funny and girls fight.” -_-”
Loki05Apr 10, 2014 6:39 AM
Apr 10, 2014 9:55 AM

Sep 2013
Damn Harudori's got one hell of a HUGE forehead. Episode was exactly what I was suspecting. Soul and Death the Kid look alright but I prefer the original looks for the girls thus far. Black★Star looks even more awesome though.
Apr 10, 2014 1:01 PM

Apr 2012
Black Star !!!!! Well good to see Maka and all the others but I hate this type of animes, it's like Kon I will surely watch 3 episodes then drop it and watch the original once again .
TheAwakenHDApr 10, 2014 1:08 PM

Apr 10, 2014 2:55 PM
Oct 2013
I was kind of skeptical at first, but I actually like this. I laughed a few times, too. I just wonder what the plot will be like if there's not going to be much fighting.
Apr 10, 2014 3:29 PM

Mar 2014
Loki05 said:
i figured out people who don't originally like and not watching the original series would like this moe thing...LAME -_-” “and why is that fun even its a complete different series coz its about Moe, Ecchi , funny and girls fight.” -_-”

everything in bold was in the first soul eater. >.> btw, learn what moe is.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i'm glad so many people are liking this show though.

I personally find all 3 main girls very interesting. i thought i would dislike the tsudere rich girl (Y'know how how rich girls are done in anime) But luckily, this is the kind of rich girl i can like :D

Though i feel as though there should be a 4th girl brought in for meme to use. not only because Rich girl+Halberd makes sense, but it really would be a problem for a meister to have to give up their weapon during battle.
Apr 10, 2014 4:22 PM

Nov 2012
dmrch said:
Oh...this is just an anime about junior high school girls, but very cute.

I think the peculiarities of Soul Eater anime are the following:
1. Very unique art style
2. Stylish battle action
3. Good and a little dark plot
4. Strange voices of Maka's VA
5. Question form titles of each episodes
6. Sid is a dead person
7. Excalibur

Soul Eater Not! has nothing above except Maka's voice. I was dissapointed a little. But I decided to think it is a completely different work. In this way, I enjoyed it well in such view.

P.S. I want no Excalibur. Even if everyone on MAL wants him, I don't want to see Excalibur.

lol
TheMoulinGlacia said:
dmrch said:
P.S. I want no Excalibur. Even if everyone on MAL wants him, I don't want to see Excalibur.

Exalibur is the funniest character!!! why not have him??

plus we didnt get to see liz or patty :c and Kid didnt even get a line.
i want the original characters to be atleast some what apart of this anime.

right excalibur is so funny

the designs are different a little they are thinner but other than that its all good didnt know the main char from soul eater are going to be here too
Cheers,
CrossRyuu
Apr 10, 2014 7:10 PM

Oct 2011
Whoa they all look different. Black Star WOW : 0

She will look up to Maka-senpai XD
Apr 10, 2014 11:57 PM

Aug 2013
Great first episode

But why is this labelled Ecchi? I didn't see anything close to that.

I take it that the manga is Ecchi and/or it gets Ecchi later on.
Apr 11, 2014 5:20 AM

Jan 2008
Theo333 said:
Korrvo said:
Antearion said:
My boy Soul look high.

Dude's just going through the motions and waiting for his paycheck, like any sane person would.

He ain't a junkie but he drools a lot, haha.

I'm terribly gomen, but I need to say NOT to this Soul Eater. Really doesn't feel like the parent story and the only saving grace were Maka and company (and even their designs were butchered royally). But if it does good and warrants Soul Eater: Brotherhood, they I will muster some love for this series. For now - nope.
Apr 11, 2014 5:28 AM

Jul 2010
I'm conflicted about this show...

I love soul eater but I seriously hate yuri moeblobs, they did the same thing with index to railgun, the fate series to magical girl ilya etc.

I watched the first episode and this show is pretty much otaku catering at it's finest..
it's kinda funny how people say that the characters are unique/original when the yuri trio are all super cliche and follow every moe trope possible.
Apr 11, 2014 5:34 AM

Jul 2010
Ciara said:
Theo333 said:
Korrvo said:
Antearion said:
My boy Soul look high.

I'm terribly gomen, but I need to say NOT to this Soul Eater. Really doesn't feel like the parent story and the only saving grace were Maka and company (and even their designs were butchered royally). But if it does good and warrants Soul Eater: Brotherhood, they I will muster some love for this series. For now - nope.

honestly, it maka and souls little cameos felt super forced and weird. But it seems like the soul eater series is just pandering to the moe market like index and railgun.
Apr 11, 2014 6:11 AM

Jan 2012
This hurt my heart to watch.
It's saddening that the creators would go so low as to sell out a good series for some moe dollars.
The only slight (paper thin) positive that the show had was showing off characters from the original series, who themselves felt incredibly forced and off, not at all like their original appearances.
Even for the moe spinoff it's trying to be it is seriously bad.
Apr 11, 2014 6:22 AM

Jul 2010
Cloneyboi said:
It's saddening that the creators would go so low as to sell out a good series for some moe dollars.
The only slight (paper thin) positive that the show had was showing off characters from the original series, who themselves felt incredibly forced and off, not at all like their original appearances.

man, I felt the same way 100%. They soldout to make a souleater:K-ON edition, with uncomfortably forced cameos and moe tropes up the ass.

No matter how much I love the original soul eater this is just a sh*t stain in comparison. I always knew that moeblobs were slowly killing the anime industry but I never would've expected it to kill the good ones with moe spin offs while the otaku just seem to eat this moe yuri garbage up.
KaoknightApr 11, 2014 7:05 AM
Apr 11, 2014 6:52 AM

Mar 2014
dragonlight said:
Baka. EXcalibuuuuuurrr is the best, but sadly I don't remember seeing him in the manga.
CrossRyuu said:
TheMoulinGlacia said:
Exalibur is the funniest character!!! why not have him??
-snip-
right excalibur is so funny
-snip-

I guess all of you are Excalibur himself. I understand Excalibur is everywhere.
I remember he was singing in unrelated TV commercials between the first half and the second half.
It was a nightmare itself.
Apr 11, 2014 10:42 AM

Jul 2010
Cloneyboi said:

I know that feeling, this is such a shame,
Apr 11, 2014 12:26 PM

Oct 2013
Nice episode,good to see the old soul eater characters.The OP and art are good.I have read a few chapters from the manga and I know this is gonna be more slice of life than action.

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"
Apr 11, 2014 12:42 PM

Nov 2013
Ciara said:
Theo333 said:
Korrvo said:
Antearion said:
My boy Soul look high.

+1

soul eater brotherhood is a necessity and the only reason this show is watchable is for your favorite soul eater character to make a guest appearance once in a while
Apr 11, 2014 2:01 PM

Jun 2011
I went "OMG It's her!!!!!" when Maka first appears holding Tsugumi's luggage, and then Soul appears in the class with Maka, I was like "OMG It's Soul!!!!!", then comes the Bones' animation, I am not disappointed. Black Star, Death the Kid, and Tsubaki also appeared. :) I know the main trio will be the main characters, but I hope the Soul Eater characters appear more.

Yuri triangle at the end already, I like this "yuri" much more than Akuma Riddle's.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 11, 2014 4:52 PM

Apr 2012
haven't watched Soul Eater (only seen a few eps when it was aired locally) but I enjoyed this ep.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Apr 12, 2014 11:19 AM

Nov 2008
I was really disappointed... this looks nothing like the original series :'(, I don't like the art style at all... this looks like k-on or something ... WHY THE HELL DIDN'T THEY ANIMATE THE ORIGINAL SOUL EATER?...
Also I am sensing a shoujou-ai vibe in this ... pfff
Apr 12, 2014 8:48 PM
Dec 2013
Not nearly as bad as I expected it to be.
Apr 12, 2014 9:07 PM
Sep 2013
Um guys...idk but I'm pretty sure this is sorta the prequel of the original soul eater so I'm fine with Maka looking young and stuff. I really wanna see more action in this series though >.>
Apr 13, 2014 8:32 AM

Dec 2008
Oh my, this is so... CUTE!!!!
Maybe it remained me K-On! a little (Maybe it's because of the cuteness?), but still that anime brought me back a lot of memories, like Black Star, Maka, Kid (I hope he will talk during the next episodes and they will show Liz and Patty, such as in the opening...), and I noticed it's a prequel (You know, Sid-sensei...), and if it's a prequel, maybe we will see who is Maka's mother! :D

And that's it. Na-no-ne/De-aru/Relo XD
Apr 13, 2014 9:36 AM

Jul 2011
Soul Eater has become SoL + Yuri?? Dafuq?!
Apr 13, 2014 1:46 PM

Mar 2009
MAKA!!!!!!!

i dont remember BlackStar having that kind of body XD
Apr 13, 2014 6:15 PM

Apr 2014
I actually liked it but some of the characters really changed.
Apr 13, 2014 6:48 PM

May 2012
Its not actually bad, I dont expect any action and deep plot in this, I feel like its school life, comedy show..

Apr 14, 2014 10:33 PM
Aug 2013
I just wanted to get a general opinion on this. So my friend and I were having a discussion about this show. Now I may have made it out to seem some-what worse than it was, but that doesn't change my main feelings behind this series. My friend states that this show is separate from Soul Eater.

I can understand that in a way, but when the show references other characters some-what like a crutch, it annoys me. It makes me ask the question, "How is this NOT..like the anime it so wants to be different from. Also, with what makes this not like the original Soul Eater, aren't even necessarily good points. The art style that made Soul Eater, itself is gone.

Also the characters aren't even that great you can find the same character personalities in other.."Moe-esque" show. I'm just a bit annoyed in a way that this show took up a slot for some other anime like a "Devil is a Part-Timer season 2." I guess I wouldn't have been as annoyed if the show wasn't didn't sell out it's art-style to the moe department. That's pretty much it. This is just my take on the anime, it's not out-right "Bad"..to me it's just bland and filled with fluff. To say the least, "Boring."
Apr 15, 2014 12:38 AM

May 2013
How did no one see the art change coming? Teh fok.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2014

129 by Jengmaru »»
Aug 30, 2023 5:48 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2014

73 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2014

81 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 8:39 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2014

49 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 7:51 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

54 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 6:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.