Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2014 11:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, that was more funnier than I had thought. I lol'd @ the parody fan service tbh. I think the manga also exaggerates some of its humorous moments.

Still, I really like the fantasy style of this so far. Definitely has a good tone to it. Nike also seems like a friendly girl. Well, it's probably not a good idea to piss her off. Looking forward to more. That ending is awesome. Nina's life is about to go to hell change forever.
Apr 5, 2014 12:03 PM

Aug 2012
Odd. The series still says "not yet aired" even though Crunchyroll has the first episode up.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Apr 5, 2014 12:15 PM

Jun 2012
gamer2710 said:
Odd. The series still says "not yet aired" even though Crunchyroll has the first episode up.

maybe it's because of this: http://myanimelist.net/anime/23507/Soredemo_Sekai_wa_Utsukushii_Episode_0

- I only draw freestyle! -
Apr 5, 2014 12:17 PM

Nov 2011
Aozumi said:
gamer2710 said:

maybe it's because of this: http://myanimelist.net/anime/23507/Soredemo_Sekai_wa_Utsukushii_Episode_0

But why would CR lists it as episode 1?
Also, it looks pretty legit with the OP song and storytelling so far. I'm honestly confused right now. The episode that aired on Nippon...was it episode 0 or 1?

Both have same air date and I checked FansubDB. I am aware of the twitter post regarding episode 0 but the title never listed that way for the episode on CR and Nyaa.
Apr 5, 2014 12:24 PM

Jun 2012
Stark700 said:
Aozumi said:
gamer2710 said:

Also, it looks pretty legit with the OP song and storytelling so far. I'm honestly confused right now. The episode that aired on Nippon...was it episode 0 or 1?

Both have same air date and I checked FansubDB. I am aware of the twitter post regarding episode 0 but the title never listed that way for the episode on CR and Nyaa.

I don't know either :/

but I'm honestly getting slightly annoyed that I can't change my status of the series because of that

- I only draw freestyle! -
Apr 5, 2014 12:45 PM

Apr 2010
Why is he naked in ending? T_T
Apr 5, 2014 12:45 PM

Aug 2012
Stark700 said:
Aozumi said:
gamer2710 said:

Crunchyroll doesn't start at 0, and the way MAL and that twitter post regard the episode I just saw is kind of stupid. After all it looks like a real introduction and a real first episode of a series. Either the indexing is stupid or Japan is trying to pull a fast one on us to get more money with just a single episode.
Apr 5, 2014 12:46 PM

Jun 2013
I didn't plan to watch this in first place but I gave it a shot and 5 seconds into the anime all I have to say is... SUGITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sold. I'm going to watch it.
Apr 5, 2014 12:51 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I really enjoyed this first episode! Loving the mc already, she's one of those awesome shoujo female mc (reminds me of Yona, Shirayuki, etc). The humor was great, as well as the atmosphere. Nothing much else to say here except that it was a fun introduction episode and I hope I'll continue to like it!
Apr 5, 2014 12:56 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
gamer2710 said:
Crunchyroll doesn't start at 0, and the way MAL and that twitter post regard the episode I just saw is kind of stupid. After all it looks like a real introduction and a real first episode of a series. Either the indexing is stupid or Japan is trying to pull a fast one on us to get more money with just a single episode.
It seems the date on the twitter post was referring to the anime itself starting and not episode 0. According to the Japan Schedule and the official site it was the first episode that aired. Yay for confusion.

The entry has been updated now. Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience with this.

Edit: Apparently the "Episode 0" is actually "Episode 1"... it was written specifically for the first episode of the anime and will later be published as "Chapter 0" in Hana to Yume. Thus, "Episode 0" has been removed from the DB.

Well, that was exciting.
KinetaApr 5, 2014 3:42 PM
Apr 5, 2014 12:57 PM

Aug 2010
Really fun stuff indeed :D

Liking Nike a lot so far. She's a great heroine ^^

Cute and BA to boot :3. Damn she can control wind? Nice.

The way she was chosen to be the princess by Rock paper scissors was so lol XD

Her sisters are funny hehe ^^

And Lol'd so much at those 2 thugs XD "Let's kill her" "U sure leveled up there bro" XD

Should be interesting to see the interactions between her strong character and the king's strong character.

Can't wait to see how they fall for eachother. He's a shota though :P XD
Apr 5, 2014 12:57 PM
Dec 2013
Kineta said:
gamer2710 said:
It seems the date on the twitter post was referring to the anime itself starting and not episode 0. According to the Japan Schedule and the official site it was the first episode that aired. Yay for confusion.

The entry has been updated now. Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience with this.

Does this mean there's no Episode 0?
Apr 5, 2014 12:58 PM

Apr 2013
Really like the setting in this series. The relationship between Princess Nike and the Sun King should be fun to watch.
Apr 5, 2014 1:09 PM

Aug 2011
ASDskjdflaskdfsd. Thank you. Perfect episode one. Nike's portrayal was great and I love her voice so much. This really got off to a great start, one of my favourite shoujo ;__;.

For those of you who think you might be bothered by the age gap...
Apr 5, 2014 1:09 PM

Dec 2013
This was a pleasant surprise. The comedy and the setting, plus the obvious backstabbing political advisor plot that was hinted at. i'm hoping it can all combine to create a more than decent show. If the romance pays off then that will be even better.
A Wolf Runs Free.

To Dream the Impossible Dream.

Skip Beat is the only Idol Anime I will ever enjoy
Apr 5, 2014 1:10 PM
Jul 2013
kinda sad they only got into the manga storyline at the end of the episode since its such an amazing story.
rly good animation though except they changed Nike's hair colour T.T
n i hope manga translation gets picked up again
Apr 5, 2014 1:14 PM

Aug 2012
Kineta said:

Ah okay then. Thanks for clearing up the confusion.
Apr 5, 2014 1:20 PM
Jan 2014
Does anyone get the feeling of nostalgia when watching this? It feels really old school but with nice art and CG. Probably because this felt really RPG-ish to me.

I liked it, even though the inevitable(?) shota development in Lady Addidas turns me off, the setting was enjoyable and I liked the nostalgic feeling to it. I was skeptical at first but probably going to try to watch this along with all the animes that come out on Saturdays
Apr 5, 2014 1:30 PM

Dec 2010
Haha they broke the fourth wall.

Not bad so far. The OP and ED are really good
Apr 5, 2014 1:30 PM
Mar 2014
Besides its alternative beginning from its manga, really enjoyed it. Seems to have alot of potential. Not what I expected in the least~
Oh but darling, we're all insane. . .

Apr 5, 2014 1:35 PM

Sep 2008
"This is our time to level up as villains!"

"- What do we do with her? Kill her?
- You jumped a few levels, there."

"Then we can have a scene with a ton of service shots!"
"We gotta please the male viewers."

I just can't xD
This was good :D

Wait...
How old is Nike?
How old is that king?
He looks like kid? O.o

Oh! My final scene in ending! xD

Cool and funny episode!
I look forward to next episode!
Apr 5, 2014 1:46 PM

Jan 2009
1. not liking the vibe of the series. feels like "nothing bads ever gonna happen, everything is safe" vibe.

2. nike's clothes make her look like she's from the future. didn't fit in.

3. didn't like the kingdom setting. prefer something that's current. enjoyed magi in english dub tho.

3/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 5, 2014 1:50 PM
Mar 2014
REALLY loving the setting & music.

The story seems fresh & so does the characters. Will definitely continue watching this~
Apr 5, 2014 1:53 PM

Jul 2011
The background/scenery is great, but the character designs are lacking in quality. Opening and ending didn't have much animation... low budget or just the studio? o.O

Humour is a wee bit untimely. And I doubt the sun king is an actual kid. Probably like The Bride of the Water God and can change his form or something. Midget maybe.

I do like the atmosphere, but I'm not sure if the light-hearted mood will continue on. I imagine that the plot will either get serious, or it will stick to romance development. Maybe both. So far it's a little shallow in its aspects, but it's just the first episode so it's fine for now.

A little awkward with the naked ending, but eh. Opening is weird too. I'm surprised that it only consisted of Nike.

lol @billybob300c; I didn't like her clothing much either. I think it's just bad character design though. Modern setting is overused. Look elsewhere. :P
Apr 5, 2014 2:02 PM

Jan 2014
Enjoyed the quote about us viewers.

Anyway, pretty exactly what I've thought, nothing extraordinary.
Apr 5, 2014 2:10 PM

Apr 2012
I really like the setting/atmosphere of the show. The episode was sprinkled with humor, which I liked. Nike being oblivious to her new surroundings was hilarious. Definitely one of the better non-sequel releases so far.

Apr 5, 2014 2:10 PM
Jul 2018
I sure hoped i watched episode 1 on HS but anyways this series seems interesting I guess..
Apr 5, 2014 2:18 PM

May 2013
This episode was good. Surprisingly funny too. That was a nice moment with Nike cutting up the paper into pieces and letting it fall down as if it was snow.
Apr 5, 2014 2:27 PM

Dec 2011
Rather decent and interesting first episode, but I'm sad that the male lead only made an appearance at the end of the episode.
Nike seems like the type of girl that will kick your ass if you make her mad lol and everyone laughed at her when she said she was a princess XD.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 5, 2014 2:29 PM

Jan 2009
95% of the episode was not even in the manga, studio Pierrot as always ruining anime.
Apr 5, 2014 2:38 PM

Nov 2013
Liked the first episode more than I had expected. This show might turn out really good, I want to see how it develops.
Apr 5, 2014 2:41 PM

Nov 2007
What a shame, I like the heroine and the general premise but the tone is seriously irksome with horribly done cliches of dumb villains and shadowy big bads. Another shoujo getting another generic low budget adaptation. :(

The inappropriate attempts to inject humor (thinly disguised as 4th wall jokes), which is really the animators being perverts by trying add fanservice when there is none, is just ugh.

On the plus side, I've now learned about this series' existence (most anime are ads for manga/LN anyway) so I'll check out the manga.
Apr 5, 2014 2:50 PM

Nov 2007
Episode 0 was added because of the twitter.
http://nekonotemo.net/858

Ame_Sama said:
95% of the episode was not even in the manga, studio Pierrot as always ruining anime.

"0 wa" that referred in twitter was chapter 0 that will be released later. This "prequel" listed as ep.1. So, Episode 0 database should be deleted (which it is now) because it lists as episode 1.

--------------------------
So it talks about the before story that main girl meeting her future husband and meeting that family. So the currency is too expensive for her country. lol @ that decision. lol @ those two thieves becoming her driver at the end.

OP featuring the girl, and ED featuring the boy... in nude///
tsubasaloverApr 5, 2014 3:44 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 5, 2014 3:05 PM

Jan 2011
Well, shitty season is shitty. So this show may actually turn to be one of the best in it, how sad is this :(

7/10, ill keep watching it. Lets hope for the best :D
Apr 5, 2014 3:36 PM

Sep 2011
Was actually pretty good tbh. Was expecting shit especially from the studio doing it.
Apr 5, 2014 3:39 PM

May 2010
The Sunbro Kingdom

just finished watching. pretty good..didnt have it on my radar but i liked this episode.

has some nice humor too. solid art and animation. me like.
KerozinnApr 5, 2014 4:10 PM
Apr 5, 2014 4:00 PM

Jan 2013
Well, that was quite cute. I love her wind powers, and lol at the parody fan service!! Also, when we first saw Nike at the very start, well, I really wasn't expecting that. My Pepsi almost went up my nose!
Apr 5, 2014 4:06 PM

Jan 2010
That was great! Honestly I had the lowest of expectations for this before but now it's definitely my most anticipated show this season. I'm expecting great things from this show~ please don't disappoint~~

Did anyone else get these weird Saiunkoku Monogatari vibes? o_O

Boombawks said:
Some of the music used sounded something from an old school Disney Movie.

Totally, and the cliche baddies added to that old school charm
japandaApr 5, 2014 4:15 PM
Apr 5, 2014 4:13 PM
Jul 2018
Seeing Princess Nike marrying the Sun King, I think I will be fun to watch.
Apr 5, 2014 4:16 PM

Feb 2013
This was totally delightful. I'm really looking forward to how the King will be. Like Nike a lot already.
Apr 5, 2014 4:24 PM

Feb 2014
That was a pretty good first episode. Nike is like one of those down-to- earth princesses, except some people are bothered by it.

I don't mind the age gap; I was expecting Livius' voice to be a bit younger.

That ending creeps me out a little bit...

I'll enjoy this. I want to keep watching for Nike
Apr 5, 2014 4:29 PM

Jan 2011
Most part of this episode doesn't happen in the manga but I think it's decent. I felt what happened during her journey to the castle probably did happened.

I love the OP and ED but... Livius in the ED ruined it -.- I wish they can at least let him wear a robe or something before showing him pulling the curtain.

EDIT: Wow wow... I just noticed Nike's VA sung the ED.. wow...
hokaruApr 5, 2014 5:25 PM
Apr 5, 2014 4:30 PM

Jul 2012
Very promising first episode. As others said, very Disney and old school-like! I love that. Also, great female lead. She's actually pretty badass. The plot seems interesting. Already near top of Spring anime for me.

WTF THE ED. LOL Why is he sleeping nude xD

The preview looks interesting. He's not just the typical tsundere shota.
Apr 5, 2014 4:31 PM

Aug 2013
I liked the setting, artstyle (not really the character designs) and the music but I didn't like the ending. All in all this seems like an interesting anime.
Apr 5, 2014 4:37 PM

Apr 2013
It is more comedic than I thought
I like Nike and the Sun king looks like an interesting person
Pretty good start imo
Apr 5, 2014 4:48 PM

Apr 2012
I really like Nike, so far she's a really great MC. I really liked the atmosphere as well.

I haven't read the manga, but the anime original stuff seemed good, it helped to introduce Nike's character before she met the king.
Apr 5, 2014 5:06 PM

Jul 2010
Pleasent surprise, I'm looking forward to this. Also do we know something about the amount of episodes? I guess 1 course.
Apr 5, 2014 5:07 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Nice opening. A little glimpse of that nice body too! ;)

Nike is cute and pretty awesome. (^.^)

Poor Nike got chosen to marry Sun King by rock, paper, scissors! XD
Her sister are hilarious and good looking too. But Nike is the best among, in my opinion. :)

A little bit of controversy talk..
Those thieves were hilarious. XD . How they kidnapped the wrong girl..

Looks like Nike can control the wind. Neat!
She was badass; cutting off the knife with ease and saving Mina.
Her flower petals display was awesome. :)

Sun King is surprisingly better than I thought!
Their relationship development will be something to look forward to.

Nice ending song. :) This'll be a decent series.

Apr 5, 2014 5:22 PM

Aug 2008
It was definitely a good idea to have an alternative start than the one of the manga right off the bat.

But am I being picky? I wanted to listen to Maeda Rena's (Nike) voice more properly, but all the voices seems like a recording through a mic in a recording room. I mean, is the quality of their recording mic not good enough? :/

Can't wait to see the kiddy king! :D
Apr 5, 2014 5:22 PM

Jul 2010
A marriage between two kingdoms that are complete opposite.
I kinda enjoyed Nike's personality, though her sister were gruesome on the traits of the sun king.
Some sort of wind power?
The rain princess marrying to the sun king should be interesting.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

131 by minnaslay127 »»
Feb 20, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

183 by minnaslay127 »»
Feb 17, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2014

72 by Dawizz »»
Feb 1, 2023 5:58 AM

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

121 by Dawizz »»
Jan 31, 2023 12:13 AM

» My thoughts on the Ending Song

iLya - Dec 10, 2016

2 by Dawizz »»
Jan 29, 2023 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.