Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2014 3:22 PM

Sep 2013
And so the best show of the season ends. I don't know why people get mad at the ending. Its not like they'll recover their feelings and jump into bed or something. I believe, in this case, an open ending is for the best.
I loved the sea god story and how they worked that out.
Apr 3, 2014 3:23 PM
Mar 2014
Miuna got the first kiss sorry Manaka Fans! ( CPR Scene )

Best Girl - Miuna!

why does the best girl always lose it is always the first girl who the male mc meets apart from Shuffle I think this formula works for most romance or even harems
Apr 3, 2014 3:23 PM

Jun 2013
Happy ending and no official ships except maybe Chisaki x Tsumugu.

I am... surprised actually.

8/10.
Apr 3, 2014 3:24 PM

Aug 2012
I don't know what to do anymore now this anime is over :'(
And damn, Miuna was left alone in the end :'(
Best girl best girl best girl

But im happy that Kaname x Sayu and Tsumugu x Chisaki are real \o\

Will miss this series so much man :'(
10/10
Nice Okada : )
Apr 3, 2014 3:24 PM

Dec 2009
goshujin_sama241 said:
eldest said:
Stark700 said:

5 YEARS FORWARD?.

nah. im pretty sure it was a flashback from what i could understand of it.

gonna wait for subs for the final verdict.
still. happy ending aint too bad.

for anyone wondering, there was a livestream about an hour ago

It was 5 years foward

No, it wasn't a flashforward. Manaka says:

"Hey, Hii-kun. Do you remember? Five years ago at the Ofunehiki..."
"About you wanting to tell me something after it was over, right?"

The timeskip between the first and second half was five years, which is what they're talking about. There is no major timeskip in the short "epilogue".
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Apr 3, 2014 3:25 PM

Oct 2010
A decent ending to a decent show. Definitely kept my interest throughout, but also irritated me from time to time with some of the decisions several characters made. I'm still not a fan of Mari Okada's scripts, I'll see how she does in M3.

6/10. Not bad, but I won't be coming back to this.
Apr 3, 2014 3:25 PM
Nov 2013
Hahah oh well i guess couples were hinted but didn't really officially kiss at then end...still a good anime to watch either way though I wished there was a kiss ahem..
Apr 3, 2014 3:30 PM

Oct 2012
Quite satisfying ending.
I'll consider, for my personal satisfaction, that Manaka and Hikari ended up together. Well, I'm not sure they are but I like to think so, considering what was shown... But the other couples were kinda cute, let's say, so it's a sort of compensation.

I expected a happy ending, well I was hoping for it, so I can't be really disappointed, even if I'd have liked to see Miuna moving on, it'd had be the completely happy ending that would have made me really happy.

Yet this anime is, I think, one of the best of the past season, and even if I didn't have great expectations from it at the beginning, it turned out to be a really interesting and touching show, with beautiful animation and a dramatic story that really was nicely surprizing sometimes.

I'll also miss Nagi no Asukara, and I hope there will be shows as good as this one during the upcoming season...
Apr 3, 2014 3:32 PM

Dec 2010
This was a great ending! Sure there were no concrete couples, but you can pretty much figure out where they would be going, and I like that about it. It's very subtle, sort of like the whole series, and I liked that about it.

All in all this was a fantastic anime! I couldn't watch a whole lot of episodes at once due to the structure of the series, but it was still a wonderful ride. Lots of emotions, feelings, and ultimately happiness.

The music was beautiful, the animation was GORGEOUS, and the characterization was nice as well.

I'll give it a 9/10
Apr 3, 2014 3:33 PM

Feb 2014
10/10 for me :,)
THE BEST ROMANCE/FANTASY THAT I EVER SEEN!
~ Please My God tell Me what should I do ~
Apr 3, 2014 3:36 PM

Mar 2014
I will greatly miss this show!

This last episode, I must admit, wasn't quite what I was expecting but nonetheless a suitable ending. It was a very beautiful series about change and friendship. I'll miss it!

Being the Tsumugu x Manaka shipper I am, I absolutely loved the ending part with Tsu and Ma since we didn't see them interact hardly in the latter half of the series. :) Despite everything, I am okay with Tsugumu x Chisaki, Hikari x Manaka, and I love Kaname x Sayu. And I'm rooting for you school dude! You go get Miuna!

I will leave this series with a 9/10 as the ending was sort of just happy-go-lucky and nothing mind blowing. But this series was one of my favorites recently and I loved it so!

Now, I must find some Tsumugu x Manaka doujinshi or fanfiction! >.<
Apr 3, 2014 3:39 PM

Aug 2013
It was a bit of a let down, but all considering it was good, no loose ends. All of my ships are left sailing smoothly but I would have liked a bit more sweetness for the couples (compared to their friends.) It was a good series. Idk why though but it's really easy for me to forget happy endings but sad ones are burnt in my mind forever...
Apr 3, 2014 3:40 PM

Feb 2012
The ending wasn't good neither was it bad. Just.. too open.
Apr 3, 2014 3:42 PM

Sep 2009
Almost Ideal ending for me.

Tsumugu/Chisaki is kanon. Kaname/Sayu too, although their relationship is stil not so deep. And the Miuna - Hikari - Manaka tringle is somehow leant to Hikari/Manaka but for me it's more like threesome ending as I wished. So 10/10 from me and don't even compare it with shitty AnoHana ending. Although it could be more romantic but stil... Especially after Chuu2Koi Ren final, which was really bad in terms of romance.
Apr 3, 2014 3:42 PM
Jun 2013
I thought this series was great, but I felt that the ending was lackluster. Maybe because I wanted Miuna x Hikari, I dunno. Still a great series, 9/10. Any hope for a second season?
Apr 3, 2014 3:43 PM
Mar 2014
I honestly think if they would make an Ova for the pairs it would sell or a lot of us will watch it, kinda like what Clannad did with Tomoyo and Kyou or like what Little Busters Ex is doing now. Because I would really want an entire episode with MiunaxHikari or just miuna :D
Apr 3, 2014 3:45 PM
Jan 2013
Hey, could somebody give me a briefing of what happened to the Sea God and why the sea calmed down?

Was it because the Sea God realized that Ojoshi's sama's feeling was actually for him from her feelings that melted into the see, if so, why did her (Ojoshi) feelings leak into the sea in the first place? Why did he go and burn all the Ojoshi-samas?

Did Manaka's pendant thing actually have any importance considering that Miuna was taken regardless?

Yeah..I'm not very good with understanding shit, that's my problem.

Would appreciate it if I could get some answers.

Oct 2011
I'm glad there was no timeskip lol. That would be pretty lame. Manaka and Hikari will never date with the sacrifice of Miuna. That would be a big impact on Hikari (and even Manaka). I'm glad they didn't go that route and instead went for this.

Also that Manaka x Chisaki
Apr 2013
Wow... the ending dropped my overall by 2. This was the worst way to resolve the show. Absolutely no closure. I'm bitterly disappointed in PA Works.
Apr 3, 2014 3:46 PM

Aug 2013
I thought it was a good ending to imply relationships instead of just stick them all together and kiss. Now that would've have been too forced. No true couples or kisses for you shippers too bad c:.

Thank god Miuna came out alive in the end...

The only thing I didn't like about the ending was how it was just a circled around the same idea for the entire episode. Love is from the sea and the backstory.
Apr 3, 2014 3:49 PM
Mar 2014
blopd said:
Hey, could somebody give me a briefing of what happened to the Sea God and why the sea calmed down?

Was it because the Sea God realized that Ojoshi's sama's feeling was actually for him from her feelings that melted into the see, if so, why did her (Ojoshi) feelings leak into the sea in the first place? Why did he go and burn all the Ojoshi-samas?

Did Manaka's pendant thing actually have any importance considering that Miuna was taken regardless?

Yeah..I'm not very good with understanding shit, that's my problem.

Would appreciate it if I could get some answers.

Basically because of Manaka and Miuna's Sacrifice and feelings plus the determination of Hikari awakened the memories of the sea and being the theme of this anime is change and acceptance the Sea God had learned the truth and accepted things plus he fixed everything that needs to be fix.

Aug 2009
BOOO.. NO KISSES

no canon couples Q A Q </3

NOTHING

Dec 2009
Very bad. 2/10
Apr 3, 2014 3:50 PM

Jan 2013
Ending was quite a disappointment for me. Oh well.
Overall, the anime was good
Apr 3, 2014 3:51 PM
Apr 2012
Was pretty happy with this one ... It ended exactly how I hoped ^_^ HikariXManaka, TsumuguXChisaki, and KanameXSayu. Though yeah the KanameXSayu isn't too into it yet but its definitely there. Such a beautiful anime, really loved the OST that played as the Sea God burned up the Ojoshi-samas.
Apr 3, 2014 3:55 PM

Apr 2012
I don't even know... The ending was alright, but I was expecting a little bit more closure. 9/10 At the very least, they were all happy.

Jan 2011
Now that I saw the subs I feel even more pissed. This show deserved proper ending and not this AnoHana crap. Stuff like this make the anime genre look childish... I mean, come on, there was way more yuri Miuna X Manaka moments in the episode than anything else. Tryhard being cute, not fun at all.

Coward author is coward. Why so afraid to be original and end your own story properly for once?
God damn it!
9/10 it is, and it was a solid 10/10 till now.
Still the show of the season for me, kinda why Im so mad about this shitty ending.

/rant

Mar 2014
Beautiful.. T-T

8/10
Apr 3, 2014 3:56 PM
Mar 2014
To those whining about a kiss KanamexSayu and ChisakixTsumugu just recently admitted their feelings and you expect them to kiss immediately? If there's a couple who needed that kissing scene it was hikarixmanaka although I wish it was Miuna :p but even if they deserved that scene kindly watch it again and Hikari was explaining that he accepts change now but at your own pace, there is no need to rush since there is nothing permanent, also he realized that while manaka was sleeping Miuna was there for him so he kinda wants to just stay the same and let things flow and carry them.
Apr 3, 2014 3:57 PM

May 2012
I wish Miuna had stayed in the fuckin ocean forever.

Well at least she's #foreveralone
Apr 3, 2014 3:58 PM
Mar 2014
Kinaro said:

How can you possibly hate the best girl :)
Apr 3, 2014 3:59 PM

May 2009
Whoa, shippefaggots get burned.
Apr 3, 2014 3:59 PM

Aug 2013
jdlim07 said:
Kinaro said:

How can you possible hate the best girl :)

I know right c:
Apr 3, 2014 4:03 PM
Sep 2013
i was rooting for miuna x hikari ): but im glad they didint leave it as a triangle
Apr 3, 2014 4:05 PM
Mar 2014
OMG whatch the subs, It was a really good ending in my opinion, No one got hurt, Everybody woke up in the sea, Everybody had their moment with the couples, They even tied up the loose end about the Tsumugu and Manaka thing, they had a cute bit aswell, not as a pairing but it showed how close they were, Miuna and hikari and manaka thing was preety much solved, if you look at the subbed version, Muina implies that she got over hikari and for Tsumugu, he leaves for University in the end and chisaki see's him off and sayu and Kaname have their thing going aswell, Overall i think this was the best way to end it, if you look at the sub version i think you will see what im talking about.
IdkIdkIdkIDK1Apr 3, 2014 4:14 PM
Apr 3, 2014 4:08 PM
Feb 2014
I see the ending knocked this down from a 10/10 to a 9/10 for a lot of people...I think I'm keeping it as a 10/10. I liked the open ending, I feel like it held true to the themes of the anime. It allows for change, and Hikari has that bit about changing being O.K. at the end there. Felt like it fit! Overall, fantastic series.
Apr 3, 2014 4:09 PM

Jan 2012
Great show, mediocre ending.

Apr 3, 2014 4:16 PM

Aug 2013
Rynia said:
Anyone know the insert song that played towards the middle of this episode (the one with the singing)? Specifically starting at ~7:32 where Hikari is crying over Miuna and the Sea God's "will" starts flying towards them.

Pretty sure it is nagi. Forgot which song though.
Apr 3, 2014 4:21 PM
Jan 2014
All that emotional build up for that emotional let down. I'm disappointed in the ending as it left implied for everything and not a clear cut path. Manaka had more connection with Tsumugu than Hikari ever did in the entire anime and yet she has feelings for Hikari. Same goes for Chisaki. Can we at least get some closure on Miuna and Hikari? They didn't even try to talking it out after. The show jsut went from 9/10 to 7/10 for me. High expectations after all that excitment and then they decided to have that ending. (Almost every character in the anime had more interaction with Manaka than Hikari.)
Apr 3, 2014 4:25 PM
Mar 2013
Rynia said:
Anyone know the insert song that played towards the middle of this episode (the one with the singing)? Specifically starting at ~7:32 where Hikari is crying over Miuna and the Sea God's "will" starts flying towards them.

It's Yanagi Nagi - Mnemonic
Apr 3, 2014 4:27 PM

Oct 2013
Don't dislike the anime, because the people you shipped didn't happen. Fucking cry babies.
Apr 3, 2014 4:28 PM

Dec 2013
10/10 dropped to 9/10.
I really don't like hinted endings, I really like when it gives off a clear ending where we are 100% satisfied.
Anyways it was probably one of the best P.A. works series in terms of visuals, stories, and characters. They really should have done a better job at the ending though...It felt like they just infodumped us and didn't want a closed ending.

btw GG to Miuna fans out there.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Apr 3, 2014 4:31 PM

Sep 2009
The majority of the Anime was fairly predictable. I think its strongest point was near the middle (around the time skip), and that really brought my hopes up. I was hoping it'd finish strong, but it was...alright. As much as I wanted a happy ending, I felt like the ending was more of a "everyone's alive! and that's it." Eight or nine out of ten from me. I'll watch it again to see if my feelings change about the ending...
Apr 3, 2014 4:32 PM

Nov 2008
That was excellent ending. While Hikari x Manaka technically did prevail, leaving their relationship with Miuna the same as before was a great decision imo. Everyone gets a happy ending and it has the feeling that life will go on happily ever after.
I couldn't care less about who Hikari ends up with because he doesn't deserve either of them.
Apr 3, 2014 4:34 PM

Jul 2010
Well an open ending, but it is better then rushing for a finished ending...
Miuna... really felt bad for her to be the only left out from the completed "love chain".
I liked how they emphasized Miuna's change though how she has become more beautiful.
Well Miuna and Manaka will become great friends that for sure.
The art was supreme!!! It was really beautiful T.T
I did enjoy the pairings... so much more to say :)

9/10 Really enjoyed this though it had a bit of disappointment (maybe also frustrations?) but I still really felt the drama. The feels... I really do like drama and romance, and plus Nagi felt really fresh.

Fate can be changed... and love really is grand yet sweet.
Apr 3, 2014 4:34 PM

Jul 2013
Good show.
If the ending was better I would've given it a 10, but it'll be a 9/10 for me.

Stark700 said:
Looking forward to Glasslip for the summer.

Same here.
Apr 3, 2014 4:44 PM

Aug 2012
I quite liked the twist of the Sea God realizing Ojoshi-sama's feelings and how Miuna and Hikari helped uncover it. Sea God had best development
9/10 because Hikari's development throughout and Miuna's late development were really genuine and well done.
Apr 3, 2014 4:50 PM

Jan 2011
good ending. and i dont know why everyone is dissapointed. all pairings are set, everyone is happy, life goes on. its this: a life goes on ending. and thanks kami-sama, no cliche kissing scene! still over 0,94 here, so 10/10. best show (besides „Space Dandy“ and „non non biyori“) since a year ago. pls more anime with this quality! will miss my every 7 days dose of „nagi no asukara“ … =/ but „glasslip“ looks promising, thanks! and maybe we will see some more „nagi no asukara“ stuff in the future, a movie maybe. its kinda possible. ^^ at least i hope so. =)
summerwarsApr 3, 2014 4:55 PM
Apr 3, 2014 4:50 PM
Sep 2013
Really great show. Handled the sprawling cast well and I think it had a great ending too.
Apr 3, 2014 4:54 PM

Feb 2009
Is this really the end? Well, it certainly was enjoyable.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2014

412 by Redcher »»
Sep 26, 2023 5:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.