Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2009 5:19 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
well, apparently no one is bright enough to recognize Loran, even though he has a very distinctive appearance and Sochie is to stupid to remember the incident with Loran from the first episode. please excuse me while I try not to roll my eyes at the authors of this travesty that actually think that this is intelligent writing :/
Aug 14, 2011 11:13 AM
Jul 2018
I have to admit that also bothered me greatly. Can't really tell if it was some major screwup by the producers, or if they're just letting Loran do whatever he wants to while he's still a important, usable double-agent. Loran's objectives on playing the double-agent are also a bit uncertain, which makes it all more confusing. And that initial airplace scene was also quite ridiculous.

Now not only Guin, but the moonrace is also refering to Loran as a girl? I want to believe the producers are making fun of his androgynous looks, but it's probably something else.
Aug 16, 2012 2:36 AM

Jul 2008
Is everyone in this show an idiot that can't recognize Loran?
Aug 28, 2012 4:26 AM

Oct 2009
hmm really not liking this so far, everyone is retarded.
Dec 11, 2012 11:46 PM

Jun 2009
I'm going to give the show the benefit of the doubt and assume the moonrace knows and are attempting to utilize Loran as a sort of double agent or noticed he was with the earthlings. Remember, when he reported in a few episodes ago they said he could do as he wishes from now on. I don't think they care for whatever reason. Also, from my experience "wtf" situations like this are pretty common in Tomino Gundam series. The guy seems a bit daft at character writing.

That said, I still enjoyed this episode. One thing I liked is how they portrayed Kihel's mom and her losing grasp of reality. Also, I like how they handled Dianna's arrival.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 8, 2014 10:10 AM

Jun 2012
Looks like that thtose girls' mother got crazy. Poor little one

And I also can't understand if dey didn't recognize Loran or just don't care about them anymore. It makes me think that what Loran did for two years was in vain.
Jan 23, 2015 9:31 AM

Jul 2010
I liked Dianna's arrival, maybe her character is actually interesting and not dumb and annoying like almost everyone else. But ofc this being a gundam show I'm not expecting anything with the characters...
Sep 4, 2015 7:19 PM
Jul 2018
They don't care what Loran is doing. After his 2 year mission was over he was aloud to be free and do as he wishes, as well as the other 2 who were with him. Him met with the Moonrace people and told them everything he knew about there military capacity and technology, so he's no longer connected to the military from the moon.

Now, as to why Sochie hasn't remember him digging up his space ship and screaming at the moon for his fellow people to arrive, I have no fucking clue. Lol Maybe she's just retarded.

I'm liking it so far. The Turn A, or "Mustached Gundam" has a good design, nice to see a Gundam that doesn't have the normal V fin and look like every other Gundam.
Oct 5, 2016 5:00 PM

Apr 2014
Loran tried to hide the fact he was the pilot at first, even though he knew his mission was over, now he just doesn't care.

o'well.
Apr 3, 2017 1:34 AM

Dec 2015
I was wondering how long the Loran / Laura female pilot quiproquo induced by Guen would hold. I guess it's over, unless some pilot can't see through his sunglasses.

3/5 "This technology doesn't use today's fuel." Right, but where will they find portable nuclear reactors in this period? (supposedly are all the discovered suits reactors still full?)
Rei_IIIDec 26, 2020 6:15 AM
Dec 30, 2018 6:53 AM

Jul 2016
Solid episode, but I was also wondering why nobody from the Moonrace would call out the fact that Loran is the polite of the Gundam. I know they allowed him to do as he wished, but you'd at least think someone from the Moonrace would state something like "Wow.. that's the one who is the polite of this giant mech that could potentially ruin our chances from taking over earith."

It also looks like the Moonrace is a lot more level headed and Guen's ego will lead to an all out war.
mshea1213Jan 3, 2019 4:37 PM
Jan 3, 2019 1:24 PM

Dec 2012
The people in this thread are being dumb. There's literally a shot from the enemy pilot's point-of-view where Loran's cockpit is seen to be blurred and reflected. She can't actually see who is in the cockpit.
Jul 31, 2020 10:47 AM

Jun 2015
jacobpaige said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
well, apparently no one is bright enough to recognize Loran, even though he has a very distinctive appearance and Sochie is to stupid to remember the incident with Loran from the first episode. please excuse me while I try not to roll my eyes at the authors of this travesty that actually think that this is intelligent writing :/
Good writing and Gundam. Choose one
Dec 24, 2020 1:54 PM

Aug 2017
I wonder why does Po keep calling the Gundam pilot an Eartling when she knows it's Loran o_O And she mistook him for a woman... Maybe this other character from the OP has something to do with it.

Diana looked less like a princess/queen and more like a general or something. She was even addressed like that by Guin (who looked shocked).

Sochie is to stupid to remember the incident with Loran from the first episode

It kinda went nowhere indeed

P.S. Tomino seems to be hellbent on doing as much damage to Loran's vital organs as possible

Rei_III said:

@St0rmblade Wich other character? (screenshot?)

The magnificent lady Lora
St0rmbladeDec 24, 2020 11:03 PM
Nov 18, 2023 1:27 AM

Jul 2017
I don't know why but the writing of the characters is so strange
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 29 Discussion

WolfWood37 - Sep 18, 2012

17 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 5, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 7 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 14, 2011

21 by Beatnik »»
Jan 29, 7:40 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 6 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 14, 2011

19 by Beatnik »»
Jan 29, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 4 Discussion

jacobpaige - Sep 6, 2009

24 by Beatnik »»
Jan 28, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 2 Discussion

jacobpaige - Sep 6, 2009

23 by Beatnik »»
Jan 28, 1:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.