Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 29, 2014 5:36 PM

Mar 2014
"You both are my wings!" Yeah, I also want to cry out like him.
But no one here.

It had a good sense of reality that he didn't choose one. If he chose Ringo, he would have failed in farming like his father. This was a time to think about his future life, but not to determine it.

Well, let me go seriously.

Nourin shows the subjects of agriculture business and of the countryside in Japan consistently. These are terribly heavy issues, such as most of the farmers in Japan would disappear within 10 years by TPP (Trans-Pacific Strategic Economic Partnership Agreement). However, because of the difficulty to solve them, a lot of the people are not even trying to think seriously.

Now the many fans of Nourin in my country believe that the Nourin author deals many humor to soften it. By doing so, he tries to make us think about them.

It's trash to people not related to that, but it's a important anime to a person who is relevant that. That's why I think that Nourin is important anime in this season, because I am realated to that.
Therefore, overall 10/10.
Mar 29, 2014 5:59 PM

Sep 2013
Ms. Becky said she used to "kick up the jams" (At least in the subtitles I read) but the term is "Kick OUT the jams" which is a song by MC5, covered by Blue Oyster Cult and sung about by The KLF...

In the 60's, 70's and 80's respectively...
Mar 29, 2014 6:55 PM

Dec 2012
Fuck that ending, it's so clichéd

7/10
Mar 29, 2014 7:09 PM

Sep 2013
Sailor moon reference?

Ringo is cute! I would've definitely picked her but good anime! I'll miss that perverted teacher lolol. And for the love of god, can someone give her the D?!

7/10

Mar 30, 2014 12:04 AM

Feb 2012
I expected this anime to be terrible, but it ended up making me laugh the most this season. Kei was the best character, too bad they kicked him out the final 2 episodes. (minus the epilogue)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2014 12:21 AM
Jan 2013
Possibly one of the two best comedy of the season, along with Seitokai Yakuindomo.

Bekki needs more love.
Mar 30, 2014 12:41 PM

Jun 2013
This show used to have a 8/10 rating, but after such a boring and outright horrible ending I'm not sure how to rate this. First: What? Was it just me or did the whole wedding+pregnant thing feel really weird and forced due to the lack of episodes left? I was so disturbed by the fact that Kousaku didn't stop the wedding in time (because honestly, we all knew he was going to go for the other girl in the end).. I feel sorry for the childhood friend. Hopefully she finds someone with a tad bit more backbone. I have no idea how he had the nerve to praise Ringo saying she was his first hope and what not. He completely forgot about his childhood friend that stood up for him during those tough years. Blah. I'm sick of this harem bullshit.

This anime is good the first couple of episodes. The top was definitely the panties episode and all the interaction between Kie and Kousaka.

This show had alot of funny moments, and the art was bloody amazing. Characters could be seen as boring, but I kinda liked them anyways. As a comedy this series had potential, but it failed as a harem.

Verdict for now: 7/10
Mar 30, 2014 1:04 PM

Mar 2014
no matter how good the speech, never be accepted by both.
leaving the ecchi aside was a good comedy. 6/10 because I personally like. but being fair is not worth more than 5
Mar 30, 2014 2:50 PM

Nov 2012
As usual, these animes can't have an ending where the male protagonist picks on. This is just one of the many things I hate about RomCom animes.

Kei and Yoshida... Yoshida got a new pair of underwear and Kei stands proudly, I wonder what happened in the city O.O
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Mar 30, 2014 3:38 PM

Jan 2013
Ending is disappointing compared to last episode.
Really a cop out romantically.
7/10
Mar 30, 2014 5:20 PM

Jun 2013
Very very enjoyable love the references fun characters.

Solid 8/10

just one question, who voices ponytail sister, sounds familiar but I dont want to assume and be wrong lol
Mar 30, 2014 8:00 PM

Jan 2012
Good comedy , bad generic indecisive main character that leads to harem I pick no-one end , first 10 episodes are around a 7/10 , but the end just ruins the build up.

Overall 5/10 not worth watching.
Mar 30, 2014 10:25 PM
Apr 2013
And to think I have high hopes when they first showed the PV

5/10 at best
Mar 30, 2014 10:46 PM

Jul 2013
Kousaku grew up with Minori... how come he don't have feelings for her?? dammit!! why do they always do this to childhood friends?? I don't have anything against Ringo but Minori is better than her in everything

also the drama was I don't know.. misplaced?? Kousaku was corny and this just doesn't feel right.. I thought this was all comedy

that indecisive MC.. damn.. welp at least this anime didn't piss me off more than Strike the Blood did and also it reminded me of Harvest Moon, one of my most favorite games

6/10
Mar 30, 2014 11:08 PM

Oct 2010
Perhaps not the best ending, but that aside, there was ample enjoyment to be had from this series as a whole. Might not have tied up all the loose ends in the story, but it certainly did a hell of a lot better than other romcoms in the plot and development section. Looking forward to a second season, if it ever gets one.

Laughs equate score. Saved this terrible season.

9/10
Mar 31, 2014 8:54 AM

Jan 2014
I used to enjoy this anime very much it was funny and entertaining, but it got boring after a while. If only they gave childhood friends end, I'd give 8/10 lol. The ending was predictable, only Becky's curse saved the day.
Mar 31, 2014 4:19 PM

Apr 2012
This anime was weak but I liked some parts like the panty episode. One season is enough ^^
Mar 31, 2014 7:00 PM

Apr 2012
the ending is twist, but i love this series after all~

second season pls

Mar 31, 2014 8:47 PM

Jun 2012
Holy hell, Becky was really scary this time. Overall an okay series, wasn't the comedy I was hoping for, but it had some good moments. I especially loved those over the top characters. 5 or 6/10
Mar 31, 2014 8:56 PM

Nov 2012
Can't say it was an amaizing anime but still, way better than Mahou Sensou. I really liked Nourin but during the entire series I was hoping for Ringo's and Koutan's relationship to develop more :/ Guess I was asking too much for a comedy-based anime, though a ending in which he made his mind would've been nice counting it'll never have a second season.
Las firmas estan sobrevaloradas :P
Apr 1, 2014 1:45 AM

Dec 2012
at least this is better than some of the shows this season...

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
Apr 2, 2014 1:48 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Unfortunately Kou as the protagonist is not very useful, it is not time and still good, but the gap is filled by the rest of the team, but not tapped as it should.
Final pleasant and thoughtful, less comedy but more seriousness which is good if done well. Here perhaps are unable to prove it! ^ ^ "
Drawing sufficient, and animations on the same level.
Perhaps the beginning was not the best, but over time the series is milgiorata, but could improve even more. To be reviewed in order to understand better the differences between it and Silver Spoon.
Most sympathetic character for me Becky, but the others are thick, except the protagonist! LOL
Final rating that goes from 6/10 to 7/10! For now!

Very nice the opening!
Apr 2, 2014 3:18 AM

May 2010
So he chose both. Well-deserved smack.

8/10. It was entertaining for most of the part esp. Bekki
Apr 2, 2014 5:48 PM

Feb 2010
Indecisive end. So-so
7/10
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Apr 2, 2014 7:29 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, one inch from the harem ending. But I must say that it was funny :P
How to ruin an inspirationnal speech xD

But they didn't concluded the romance! Damn you, autor! Even more that I don't think this serie would get a second season, maybe a random side-story OVA.

I laughed my ass off when Kei got out of that plane looking like a rock star. What the fuck happened?! xD

Anyway, it was a fun ride, though, I didn't liked it as much as Baka Test. Maybe it's because Baka Test was even more ridiculous with less fanservice, I don't know.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 3, 2014 6:05 AM

Apr 2011
Its ok if he choose both as long there's Ringo.

It gave me some laughs and giggles but still an average series for me.

7/10
Apr 4, 2014 11:59 AM

Dec 2012
Man, I actually think they should have had him say, "Yes, I like Ringo more" at the end, even if that's not what happens in the source material. I mean, unless they're planning a second season, they could totally have resolved the romance there and it would have worked. It wouldn't have been amazing or anything, but it would have worked.

And I think if they'd written his speech correctly they could have avoided "I like Ringo more" = "I like the city more" and not contradicted the whole deal that got brought up in his conversation with Minori's sister.

Oh well, it was a good series overall. Funny, and, though they maybe missed an opportunity for a smart adaptation at the end, had some decent serious parts too.
Apr 4, 2014 2:02 PM

Jul 2010
''YOU ARE MY WINGS!'' - lold.

5/10
Apr 4, 2014 8:33 PM

Nov 2012
An average ending made me want to score it 6/10, but the series had plenty of great moments. It's a good enough series for a 7/10.
Apr 5, 2014 3:54 AM
Aug 2013
Ringo ;_;
Apr 5, 2014 11:31 AM

Nov 2010
Becky sure knows how to ruin the finale with her creepiness
Even Kousaku's speech couldn't save it
Apr 5, 2014 8:41 PM

Mar 2014
I thought he should have ended up with Ringo. I mean he did like her right from the beginning right? I would give it a 7 and wouldn't mind a second season.
I like anime and you like anime. We have more in common than you think.....
Apr 6, 2014 9:03 AM
Dec 2011
The series shifted its focus away from Ringo midway through and lost its magic. It's a shame there was so much potential
Apr 6, 2014 4:11 PM

Aug 2012
VanishingKira said:
Proving just like Gin no Saji that agriculture anime suck,the trashy fanservice in this made it even worst 4/10.

It doesn't suck .... its this anime that sucks.....
Apr 7, 2014 1:47 AM

Dec 2010
iLostReason said:
''YOU ARE MY WINGS!'' - lold.

5/10

That quote is bothering me. I feel like he was referencing Alto from Macross Frontier, but I can't remember.

EDIT:
never mind, he does quote Macross Frontier (About 13 minutes into the last episode).
UnfortunateLeftyApr 7, 2014 1:53 AM
Apr 7, 2014 3:32 AM

Oct 2012
Damn. I'd have rated the anime higher if he picked Ringo. -_-

Still the anime is nice.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Apr 10, 2014 12:56 AM
Aug 2012
I normally NEVER cuss but..WHAT.THE.F!!This ending totally ruined the series for me and made me wish i hadnt watched it AT.ALL.Oh my God im SO angry right now
Apr 11, 2014 12:37 AM

Jan 2014
I have a question about the ending scene.

You know, when Miss Pink-haired Boing Boing returned to Japan, she was seen getting off the plane with a blond dude. Since she just returned from studying in USA (right?), I assume that must be her new boyfriend?

The anime does not show anything about their overseas adventures, so I have to ask:

1) Why did she break up with Kei? Was it explained in the light novel?

2) Who's this new guy? Is he going to be a new character in Season 2?

Would appreciate if someone can answer my questions. Thanks! :)
Apr 11, 2014 12:50 PM

Mar 2014
Teckmeister said:

He was Kei himself.
If you watched the scene carefully, you could understand it easily. And It was perfectly referenced from Char Aznable, the character from the Gundam. Char in the work of the Gundam said , "Nobody ever likes to admit to mistakes due to his own youth". Maybe, it was linked Kei's negativity to go studying in overseas before. It was also linked his struggle against his father.
Apr 11, 2014 12:54 PM

Jun 2013
Teckmeister said:

You know, when Miss Pink-haired Boing Boing returned to Japan, she was seen getting off the plane with a blond dude. Since she just returned from studying in USA (right?), I assume that must be her new boyfriend?

The anime does not show anything about their overseas adventures, so I have to ask:

I would delete this post fast as f***. People much more butthurt than me or dmrch will bombard you with comments on how bad your observation skills are.
Apr 12, 2014 4:12 AM

Feb 2010
Teckmeister said:

In anime, USA = blondes

and Kei just went to USA. catch?
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Apr 13, 2014 12:41 AM
Aug 2013
I personal loved the ending with the "You're are my Wings"
Speech only to be rejected from a harem request in front of everyone with a slap to the face from both of the girls at the same time.
A man can dream can't he?
Apr 17, 2014 1:19 PM

Aug 2010
If a mediocre author wrote a mediocre LN out of which a mediocre studio made a mediocre adaptation, this would be it. Generic, mediocre, displaying uninspired characters with a last-minute aesop thrown into it. I admit a few of the jokes were funny though. 5/10.
Apr 17, 2014 3:52 PM

Jan 2014
Thanks for answering my questions! :)

Yeah, I liked some of the jokes, especially the ones about Becky, but at the same time I have to say this anime isn't top of the range. At first, when I saw the description, I thought it might be something like Pet of Sakurasou, but Nourin didn't quite make it.
Apr 17, 2014 6:35 PM

Jun 2013
Ringo <3
The Berserk reference was amazing lol!
Apr 22, 2014 9:29 PM
Mar 2013
Well, he didn't end up with Ringo...

You legitimately had your chance to pick which 1 you liked more, but couldn't decide.

Overall, I still liked the series, but I would've hoped for a more conclusive ending.
Unless there's a season 2, hopefully.
Apr 29, 2014 9:52 PM

May 2012
I really didn't expected much from the first episode but further along the way the development and enjoyment sure grew stronger and I must say I quite liked the whole way up to this ending as it was both funny and quite lovely in story and character development so all in all I quite enjoyed it!
May 4, 2014 11:57 AM
May 2012
Haha nice one Kousaku, "You're both my wings".

Going on, this last ep would be my favorite of the bunch. Overall, the series was pretty decent. Good story, comedy sometimes lame, but the lessons in agriculture (along with Silver Spoon) and the well drawn scenery made it relaxing to watch, though Kousaku's voice was not too relaxing for me, the VA could've done a Tsuda like voice, but I guess that matches his personality (just my 2 cents).

7/10.
May 5, 2014 12:53 PM

Sep 2013
I really find it stupid that they use 2 episodes to build up to a touching ending then ruin it by making it a joke...

would have given it nearly 8,5/10 but because they had to ruin the nice build up for the ending by making it a joke... I say 6/10
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nourin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2014

67 by Lolicon »»
Feb 8, 7:05 PM

Poll: » Nourin Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2014

74 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Aug 27, 2023 11:04 PM

Poll: » Nourin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2014

67 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Aug 23, 2023 8:04 PM

Poll: » Nourin Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2014

134 by saipulipoel »»
Aug 17, 2023 7:12 AM

Poll: » Nourin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2014

173 by saipulipoel »»
Aug 17, 2023 7:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.