Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2014 4:25 PM

May 2011
Maybe it's because I'm such a big fan of slice of life series, but I enjoyed this season just as much as the first. Then again, I liked the comedic moments in the first season much more than all the drama at the end, but I haven't read the novels or anything, so you can take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I really love the characters and always find their interactions entertaining, even when "nothing happens" I guess. I was worried about the introduction of a new girl at first, but I was pleasantly surprised when Shichimiya turned out to be completely different from the typical jealous love rival I was expecting. I also really appreciated all the Nibutani x Dekomori moments, and I thought Yuuta and Rikka actually progressed quite a lot in this season, even if they didn't kiss on the lips in the end. I personally don't really understand why the presence of a kiss or not makes or breaks an entire series, but to each his or her own. :>

All in all I had a lot of laughs and a good number of "aww" moments. Here's to hoping for an eventual third season!

Mar 27, 2014 4:40 PM

Feb 2013
Those comments on Rikkas and Dekomoris bust... Dynamite... Shichimiya with her hair down... Angry Rikka was kinda cute. That move with the hair dryer was so adorable.
That random BL joke... Hahahahahaha...

I liked the whole scene at the bridge.... But sorry I'm tired of this ... <.< The perfect mood and they still don't do it? Are you f-ing kidding me? A horrible end to a mediocre season... Sorry but this was just crap... That whole scene alone, the speech, The hug, the OST it could've saved the season for me... But KyoAni decides fo f*ck it up...

Final Score: 5,5/10... At this point I'm almost sure that I won't watch a third season...
Mar 27, 2014 5:07 PM

May 2012
"We totally screwed up on this season so let's try and salvage it by giving our stupid fans some bath tub fanservice and having our two lovers finally kiss after 24 fucking episodes....oh wait screw that, let's keep fucking with our dumb ass fans who were too stupid to drop this shit." - KyoAni

I don't need to say it but this season was clearly pointless and unnecessary. Not to mention the excessive use of 8th grade syndrome was just getting super annoying.

Pretty pictures by themselves don't make a good anime.

Final rating: 3/10.

I'd totally love to watch a DekoXNibu hardcore yuri spin off.
lightXTCMar 27, 2014 5:10 PM
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Mar 27, 2014 5:35 PM

Oct 2013
Adding Satone was really good for me since I liked her as a character. (Something with me and pink hair anime girls, I guess)

But man, that ending was a letdown. I kinda wish they made Rikka graduate from Chuunibyou, and basically ending it where they could all be mature and have a real relationship.

Sigh. What a letdown, KyoAni.
5/10
Mar 27, 2014 5:39 PM

Mar 2014
Nothing fucking happened. this whole seasons was full of random shit.
Mar 27, 2014 5:59 PM
Jun 2010
my sides season 3 when?
Mar 27, 2014 6:01 PM

Jul 2013
let's build up to a moment for an entire twelve episodes then not deliver it! yeah!

T______T whyyyy
hihi~ 안녕하세요~ こんにちは~
Mar 27, 2014 6:06 PM

Jul 2013
higher contract eh (kissing..)
all that build up and no satisfying result.
Nibutani getting sick of it, as did I.
lol not surprised the phone call interrupted that moment.
Oh well, an end to another season.
Mar 27, 2014 6:09 PM

Dec 2012
A freaking copout in the end with the kiss. Geez. Did not enjoy this season as much as the first season probably due to nothing new/important being added this season. Gets a 7/10 for an unnecessary sequel. :( pity
Mar 27, 2014 6:11 PM

Jul 2009
i feel cheated again LOL. kyoani... super trolls. they gotta be doing this on purpose and laughing at all the comments they get LOL.
oh well. 8/10 for pure enjoyability. i just like the characters too much. even though the plot this season is almost non existent and the new girl feels like she got cheated from a real plot.
Mar 27, 2014 6:13 PM

Jul 2012
This season was good I enjoyed it. The ending however, was lack luster for me. They could have kissed and got it over with so I can move on but they did not. None the less this was still a great series and I will miss it.

Great season and series!!!
Mar 27, 2014 6:13 PM
Aug 2013
Well, at least SOMEBODY got laid.
You are not the king of your brain. You are the creepy guy standing next to the king going "a most judicious choice, sire" - Steven Kaas
Mar 27, 2014 6:22 PM

Aug 2008
Ending was within expectations. Overall, the season was aight.

Also, multi-colored litter of kittens? lol love you, KyoAni.
Mar 27, 2014 7:22 PM

Apr 2011
This final episode was bullshit. I thought about dropping the score just because of a lousy finale, but an 8 seems about right for this show. Some amazing moments, some boring and sappy crap, and a fair amount of fanservice throughout. Didn't make top 5 this season.

7.5/10 (rounded up to 8), final ep 2/5
Mar 27, 2014 7:24 PM
Jan 2012
Oh man I loved this season, some of my favorite parts of this episode were obviously around the end when Rikka runs into Yuuta's arms, along with Isshiki X Chihiro that had me rolling! And then maybe not aaas funny but I thought it was pretty good, when Sophia is giving Rikka a pep talk and when they're all done out of nowhere Dekomori gets hit with a bottle and says "Deko!" xD

Though I have high hopes for a 3rd season with announcements of the next light novel I can't wait to see more!
Mar 27, 2014 7:28 PM

Apr 2011
Other reasons this season has kinda sucked:
-Teasing the idea that the chuunibyou world is real and never giving us a payoff
-Leaving essentially nothing changed, other than the addition of a new girl to the crew ... Rikka is still a chuu, Yuta is still not (and still sucks)
-Not enough Deko x Mori luvluv
-Yuta's sex drive being nonexistent, even for the super-prudish protagonists we're used to in anime these days
-Not enough Isshiki, especially during Yuta's more annoying moments
-No fucking kiss at the end!
Mar 27, 2014 7:37 PM
Jul 2018
Lol at that Isshiki x Chihiro scene and Yuuta's reaction to it. Those blushing Rikka, Dekomori and Nibutani were pretty cute in this episode.
Mar 27, 2014 7:37 PM

Jan 2013
The biggest troll kiss scene in anime history.
SERIOUSLY, unbelievable.
Mar 27, 2014 7:41 PM

Dec 2011
midnightblade said:
As a side note, has anyone read the original source material? How was Satone different there as opposed to in the anime (I keep seeing this comment alot with no explanation).
I skimmed the second light novel, Satone is nearly a completely 180 different character. While her chuunibyou and antics are still the same, the way LN!Satone handles the Yuuta/Rikka thing is COMPLETELY different. She's definitely a lot "darker" (as dark as you can get from a romcom lol) in the LN than in the anime and it's great (I avoided spoiling it lolol, I def recommend you go read it).

While anime!Satone doesn't compare, I still quite liked her anime counterpart until KyoAni decided to screw her over and not give her subplot any REAL resolution. What's the point of introducing her if you're just going to give her/the fans a terrible heartache in ep 10 then sweep it under the rug forever?? The anime definitely could have done without that, and Yuuta/Rikka's relationship would have progressed the same--very little.
Mar 27, 2014 7:54 PM
Oct 2010
destructo22 said:
Yep, as Rowan said right before you, at least someone "had her fun"... and a lot of it as it seems. XD
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Mar 27, 2014 7:56 PM
Mar 2014
They ain't doing Shichimiya no justice, but good show otherwise.
Mar 27, 2014 8:04 PM

Aug 2012
Big contender for disappointment of the year right here, god. Gonna be really wary about anything Kyoani for a while.
Mar 27, 2014 8:05 PM

Jun 2010
Nachtwandler_21 said:
forecast said:
the ending looks familiar, getting the kiss interupted by a family member
anyone remember this anime
http://enimaanime.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/vlcsnap-3564654.png

But they married in the OVAs. So Haruka Nogizaka no Himitsu was better.

I 100% agree with you and I hope that this anime will somehow do the same
Mar 27, 2014 8:07 PM

Jun 2012
The episode was good, but of course the no kiss ending was going to sort of ruin it for me (and for Nibutani too it seems). I know I shouldn't have expected much. Anyway, I quite enjoyed this season really. Okay, they could have done better with this arc. It did seem a bit pointless to introduce the new character. Despite feeling like a filler, the entertainment was there.
Mar 27, 2014 8:41 PM

Dec 2013
You guys are being way too cruel to season two, I'm still giving it a 8.0 8/10. I want a third season, see what happens in their third and last year in high school before they have to enter the real world. Like they said, their moving slow but their moving in their own way. This isn't a normal couple people.

What really hurts this anime is episodes like number 4 where dekomori and mori-summer getting pretty serious character progression and they whip it all away when Dekomori still calls her fake mori-summer for lols. I'm not going to crucify this anime over it like it seems you all are. Saying your happy that it's over, I hope there isn't a season three, take this anime being the barn and shoot it so another anime can take their slot. For what? Another Mahou Sensou? This is not an I.S. season two esc.
HibbingtonMar 27, 2014 8:49 PM
Mar 27, 2014 8:55 PM

Apr 2012
The whole season was pointless in my opinion. I really enjoyed the first season, it was fun and had a really nice love story but in season 2 the 8th grade syndrom felt every time annoying to me and it was so predictable that they won't kiss in the end. Also not making any progress felt like a waste of time :/
The best part about this season was Sophia's story, it was sad but great so I rate it at least 6/10
Mar 27, 2014 9:01 PM

Jan 2011
I'm too big of a Rikka fan to hate on anything. She seriously is so damn cute it's addicting.

Kumin really grew on me this season as well. Really came to like her character a lot.

How as that a poor final episode?! I thought it was wonderful and paced exactly how it should of been. I was rooting for a kiss as well but hey they each kissed each other and it was a special thing. Too much whining about a "pointless" season. It was different then S1 and had a very defined objective. What you all wanted was for the focus to make an obvious shift away from chuunibyou down a new mature path. Just because that didn't exactly happen doesn't mean what did occur was crap or "wasted potential" seems to be the hot phrase to tag S2 with.

Not as great as S1 but still great. I think that will be the end of this series. Which is unfortunate. I loved each and every episode and will miss it a lot.
IZEROIIMar 27, 2014 9:09 PM
Mar 27, 2014 9:19 PM

Aug 2008
Ajunky said:
destructo22 said:
Yep, as Rowan said right before you, at least someone "had her fun"... and a lot of it as it seems. XD
dohohoho

nyahahaha
Mar 27, 2014 9:25 PM

Aug 2012
Figured as much. The delusions amounted to nothing. We got yet another cop-out ending. The whole Mori Summer thing was boss though.

4/10
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Mar 27, 2014 9:28 PM

Jun 2013
SOOO CLOSE OMG OJAWHISADKLBA

8/10 meh

that one guy turned black wert
Mar 27, 2014 9:37 PM

May 2011
Hmm.... pretty similar to the first season. It had some good points but for the most part was pretty meh. The ending is still lukewarm as well.

5 is the average of 10, so 6/10, slightly above average.
Mar 27, 2014 9:39 PM

Apr 2013
I think that the ending to this series pisses me off more than Pupa is accurate.

Let's hope there's an OVA that changes that.

EDIT: Typo. It should be "I think the fact that the ending..."

jordowagMar 27, 2014 11:25 PM
Mar 27, 2014 9:50 PM

May 2012
jordowag said:
I think that the ending to this series pisses me off more than Pupa is accurate.

You're not alone.

It wasn't a bad episode for me, but this show dismantled itself a while back. Season one was hugely superior.
Mar 27, 2014 10:30 PM
Nov 2013
I enjoyed this season, but it definitely can't compare to the first. IM STILL PISSED THEY DIDNT KISS. 7/10 from me.
Mar 27, 2014 10:40 PM

Apr 2012
pffft Togashi is more less recognized and dat we know chihiro is XD

Ok that's nice end, but i still hope they will kiss...

Mar 27, 2014 10:45 PM

Aug 2013
LOL!That's why I always put my phone on silent mode. :p
8/10
Mar 27, 2014 11:06 PM

Aug 2013
I didn't expect a kiss. I was actually anticipating when and how KyoAni would foil it. Still...*sigh*

Can't help but compare it but Season 1 was vastly superior. I wish they introduced Chihiro sooner maybe this would've been more fun.

For the love of Dekomori and Nibutani, 7/10.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 27, 2014 11:21 PM

Sep 2013
This episode:
Oh, they might kiss.
Who am I kidding, of course they won't.
Wait, will they?
Yeah, didn't think so.
OMG IT'S HAPPENING?
Screw you KyoAni, I'm outta here.

Never felt so trolled before.
Overall, it was ok. I liked the novel story a lot more, but it was too short for an anime so the adaptation was alright.
Mar 27, 2014 11:31 PM
Dec 2013
So much dissapoint... I can't believe they ended like this, the only reason I kept watching was for a chance at the kiss in the last episode. I feel like this season served no purpose.
Mar 27, 2014 11:39 PM

Dec 2010
I honestly think that this episode was one of the best in the entire season. Lots of relationship development even if they never kissed, but to be honest, while I would have loved a kiss, it isn't a requirement in a relationship. I wish the whole season had been this good!

Chunibyo is not a series that needed a second season by any means, the first season was wrapped up very well, and was a great series, however, it was also a success. So they had to make a second season, and I'm not complaining, I'm glad they did, I just wish it had been structured a bit better. There were quite a few filler episodes, that didn't add much to the plot. (Nap episode anyone?) I still enjoyed them don't get me wrong, but the relationship development was lacking this season, and that was what I was tuning in for.

They could easily make a third season,the series was still a success, not as much as the first, but still a success enough to probably warrant a third season, especially since another novel was just released. If we don't get another season, I at least want to get a hold of the novels.

This series gets a 7.5 (or an 8 rounded up) It's still good, cute, and enjoyable but its lacking compared to the first season.
Mar 27, 2014 11:43 PM

Nov 2012
Son I'm disappoint.
Chihiro x Isshiki is my new OTP for now on.
Mar 28, 2014 12:16 AM

Aug 2013
Meh. I didn't really enjoy the first season too terribly much. The whole 8th grader syndrome just kind of irked me. However I did stick through the first season so I gave this one a go too.

I had high hopes, because they took a bit more away from the syndrome and focused a little more on the slice of life and building of the relationship. With the possible love triangle, I kind of would have liked to see a YutaxShichimia since I actually liked her more.

Ended up being disappointed that I stuck through this season as well, and we didn't even get a kiss scene at the end. I mean this is KyoAni here and they just love butchering endings, but I always like to hold out a little hope.

I don't regret watching this season, but I don't think this is something I would consider coming back to for a rewatch.
Mar 28, 2014 12:33 AM

May 2013
Season one was definitely better.
Mar 28, 2014 12:35 AM

Jan 2014
quiet bluunt anticlimatic finale and season :(
Mar 28, 2014 12:51 AM

Sep 2010
So disappointed. Final episode was such a let down. Should've ended at ep 11 imo. Definitely pales in comparison to the first season
Spring 2014: NANANA WINS ALL.
Check out my blog :) http://castlebell.blogspot.com/
Mar 28, 2014 12:52 AM

Jan 2011
Down to 7/10, and even that feels too much.
Nibutani and Touka saved the show from being utter shit.

Too many useless females. Half of them went yuri.
The only other male besides the MC got yaoi-ed. In the light of the already mentioned fuckton of females.
KyoAni needs a braincheck, their fun department has cancer.
Mar 28, 2014 12:59 AM

Oct 2013
Forever-a-mole said:
Son I'm disappoint.

LOL, the flower dropped...

but yeah, S1 was better.
Mar 28, 2014 1:06 AM
Sep 2012
Utterly terrible finale to an utterly terrible season.

My season one score of 8 now drops to a 4/10. Good riddance.
Mar 28, 2014 1:17 AM

May 2013
KyoAni ruined the kissing scene part. But dem, new yaoi couple (I thought that the Chihiro person was a girl) beisdes Dekomori and Sanae. 9/10, dunno why.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Mar 28, 2014 1:23 AM

Jan 2013
heiqi1hu said:
Forever-a-mole said:
Son I'm disappoint.

LOL, the flower dropped...

but yeah, S1 was better.

Agreed. There's good plot progress and character development in S1.
S2 was basically new character introductions. Little progress on our chuuni couple.

And that call from Kuzuha at the end *Flips table*
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2014

223 by FarCritical »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2014

205 by Yubisoft »»
Apr 4, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2014

278 by FarCritical »»
Mar 3, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Rikka or Shichimiya - who do you ship with Yuuta? ( 1 2 3 )

linchpin - Mar 18, 2014

102 by Kirino »»
Mar 2, 6:43 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Jan 7, 2014

294 by Devonnius »»
Feb 28, 11:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.