Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 2, 2019 1:00 AM
Jul 2018
All borne of misunderstandings, ultra dweeb MC, and dark haired mysterious girl that's overdramatized by the narrative. Not nearly enough time to do anything really. If it was 12 episodes, it could be good, but for now it is wholly average.

Most of all, it leaves no impact. A lot of vague ideas and music videos-style sequences dispersed around.
Oct 7, 2019 4:45 AM

Aug 2018
it was great, really liked it
Mar 22, 2020 3:56 AM
Jul 2018
I very rarely do this but I'll give this anime a score above 8. 9/10, in fact. It's hard to do, too, since we're working with such limited material though I'm going off what was presented in the mere 25 minutes.

I think the short ended with a lot of unanswered questions, which is why I deducted a point. Sure, audience interpretation is a great component to story-telling, although I feel they simply cut it short for budget reasons. After all, a primary purpose of these shorts is to train animators, right? It's all a part of the Young Animator project in Japan?

Having said that, these young animators, presumably making their debuts, are doing a fantastic job. The movements of their characters are five times better than the character movements in other animes. Everything is so fluid.

I also really like the dialogue in these Young-Animator-shorts. The music, too.

I was thoroughly intrigued during Harmonie, and watched contently. Such a mundane and yet unique and gripping story. There was clearly a deeper meaning, too -- what, with all the dreaming and personal dilemmas -- but the stressful classroom-life/clique aspect of the story was cool too. Somewhat relatable Harmonie gives a very accurate portrayal of what it's like to interact with your peers, as well as the people in other social tiers.

Also, I'm a sucker for chicks with bangs. I only watched this because I watched the Young Animator "Little Spider" film, and subsequently ran into this film. Saw the cover and was like "say no more".

9/10. A rare score I bestow upon MAP cataloged animations. But I found very little flaws with Harmonie, other than the fact that the idea was too vast to efficiently be conveyed in under a half an hour.

==========

UPDATE:

HungryForQuality said:
All borne of misunderstandings, ultra dweeb MC, and dark haired mysterious girl that's overdramatized by the narrative. Not nearly enough time to do anything really. If it was 12 episodes, it could be good, but for now it is wholly average.

Most of all, it leaves no impact. A lot of vague ideas and music videos-style sequences dispersed around.

^ I was having trouble conveying WHY I deducted a point from my score of this anime. But this "HungryForQuality" user described it perfectly in their bittersweet review. I couldn't agree with them more. I only stumbled upon their comment after writing my two cents, but coincidentally, they had the exact same reaction. Like I said, "the idea was too vast to efficiently be conveyed in under a half an hour"... which, in turn, is exactly what they said, hehe.
Apr 20, 2020 5:07 PM
Jul 2017
Damn I feel like 25 minutes was enough yet I wanted more. I wished this was a full series. 11 episodes at the very least. It would have been nice if this short got the same treatment as Death Parade and Little Witch Academia.
Jul 8, 2020 3:55 AM

Apr 2009
This show deserves at least 90mins or a series. Too short to be memorable here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2020 5:19 AM

Jun 2020
wow the sound direction, animation & VA were great!

really enjoyed this, it was captivating to say the least, i think it would have been more impactful & memorable if it were a full-length feature film

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 2, 2021 1:20 PM

Aug 2017
Very expressive work, it made me remember Makoto Shinkai's older stuff. I really liked all those noises in the classroom, facial animation, voices and so on. Really felt alive.
St0rmbladeJun 2, 2021 1:23 PM
Jul 29, 2021 6:47 AM
Jul 2018
It had it's decent moments but at the end of the day, it doesn't really give any sort of impact to put it above the others. It's really weird how it feels like that it could have been way better if they had more time in their hands and at the same time, it feels like the pacing at parts (especially, the first part) is unnecessarily dragged out because the first part is mainly used for character introductions. The introductions could have been much shorter since the characters aren't some extremely deep character cuz most are just what is seen normally on schools. Everytime the story was revolving around the dream part made it so much interesting. It's shame that they couldn't flesh it out completely. In terms of animation and music, it was just fine. The ending song was decent. The strongest part of this was the directing which it can easily recognized by the signature techniques used, if you have watched anything previously from Yoshiura. I would have given a higher score but since it took me multiple tries to finish a 25 min movies due to how cringe some of the parts were I can't give more than a 6.
Nov 3, 2021 2:30 PM

Sep 2014
story was meh but I liked the humming/ending song.

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
Nov 6, 2021 6:26 AM
Jan 2020
Yoshiura, Yasuhiro is a genius. The guy should just already make a normal TV Anime tbh.
Mar 31, 2022 1:01 PM

Aug 2012
Nothing more romantic than starting a relationship on a complete lie. It's not a misunderstanding when he knows where the dream came from, it's manipulation. But to be fair, I would've actually had a much bigger problem if he somehow had her dream solely by listening to her song, and I'm sure things will be find because he didn't think it was creepy shit. Due wish we got some resolution to the misunderstanding though.

It was fine, for 25 minutes you can't expect too much more. Song was pleasant enough. 6/10.
May 8, 2022 11:22 PM

Sep 2018
Forget everything else, this was really just a unpopular dude getting closer to a pretty girl he likes through a misunderstanding XD

In other words, wish fulfillment. Felt quite real at times though and the sound was nice. 7/10.

Aug 4, 2022 9:01 AM

Jul 2011
I really couldn't connect to it, I couldn't care about the characters and I honestly found it pretty bad.

Despite being only 25 min long, it felt way longer. It wasn't just boring but it felt actively annoying.
I guess the twist explained quite nicely why he got that same dream but it didn't change my view on what was before.
(Funnily, if he randomly got the exact same dream, I don't think I would have viewed this anime better or worse).

I can see why people could enjoy it , but it was just bad for me.
Sep 30, 2022 10:45 AM

May 2018
That was some interesting short anime. I actually like the idea of how it was all just a misunderstanding on the both of them. If there was more I believe it would be nice if the the MC reveals that he just listened to the 2nd track, and didn't really get the same dream.

Sep 13, 2023 2:30 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2016:

Jan 17, 8:55 PM
Feb 2014
Either a longer movie a series is what this should have been, it was awesome.
Jan 18, 1:33 AM

Nov 2023
A bit typical and exaggerated but I love it anyways. Also ....Juri has some very interesting choices on what she packs
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Horror alternative to the episode

Yterbium - Jul 3, 2019

2 by GAkuma »»
Feb 16, 2023 9:10 AM

» Full version of end song?

whitehairgirls - Apr 13, 2014

13 by GAkuma »»
Feb 16, 2023 9:08 AM

» the last scene error - colors & shape

Wannabiteme - Mar 13, 2016

2 by Niello »»
Feb 6, 2018 4:58 AM

» The release status and date for this anime is wrong?

bunny1ov3r - Mar 24, 2014

1 by Summer_Ghost »»
Dec 23, 2014 12:47 PM

» Preview

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2014

2 by Alumaki »»
Feb 26, 2014 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.