Forum Settings
Forums

Original TV Anime 'Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen' Airing Summer 2014

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 22, 2014 11:34 AM

Oct 2009
What's with all the mecha this year?! O.O I LOVE IT!

Nice art..
Mar 22, 2014 11:34 AM
May 2013
Ckan said:
There can never be too much mecha.

Not too interested with the lead mech, but dayum those fattie grunts. Delicious.

phoenixalia said:
KurizenT said:
Please no more ecchi stuff on this mecha anime. Because what I saw in most of mecha anime with ecchi stuff was not good.
I like ecchi in some comedy anime, fantasy anime, action anime, romance and others .But not in mecha series.

In the series I've watched at least, ecchi and mecha don't go well. Just my opinion.
Geez, don;t be boors. Mecha is the second home of ecchi, I mean take a look at Geass, Gunbuster, Break Blade amd Evangelion for starters.

A bit of fan service won't necessarily ruin a show for me, but I don't get why anyone would think THIS show specifically is going to be ruined by fan service/ecchi.

Did I watch the wrong PV? I saw a few seconds (maybe less) of a guy feeling awkward because a girl's backside was near his face out of an almost 2 minute video. Plus, she had long pants on. That hardly seems like sufficient reason to infer that this is going to be an ecchi anime. I'm not even sure if that qualifies as fan service. That was like...less fan servicey than Akira playing "Kancho" in NagiAsu...
Mar 22, 2014 11:52 AM

Mar 2008
phoenixalia said:
Ckan said:
Geez, don;t be boors. Mecha is the second home of ecchi, I mean take a look at Geass, Gunbuster, Break Blade amd Evangelion for starters.

Yeah, like I said, in the shows I'VE watched. I haven't watched any of those. I'll be watching Break Blade's remake soon though.
You don't have to be defensive, as I say it all part tongue-in-cheek. My point really being that generally, it's hard to avoid fanservice as anime goes, even in 'premier' shows.

As you haven't seen any of those, you have a bright road ahead of you if you can like mecha.
Mar 22, 2014 11:58 AM

Mar 2013
More mecha? I'm in, liking some of those designs quite a bit.
Mar 22, 2014 12:24 PM

Oct 2012
Coool, more mecha goodness to look forward to.

Gonna be a great year.

"Why did he have to surrender, what is more in the outside world, huh, sumptuousness, freedom? Nowhere in the world are you going to find them fools! Fools!" -USSR president, Future War 198X-nen
Mar 22, 2014 12:26 PM
Mar 2010
Ckan said:
You don't have to be defensive, as I say it all part tongue-in-cheek. My point really being that generally, it's hard to avoid fanservice as anime goes, even in 'premier' shows.

As you haven't seen any of those, you have a bright road ahead of you if you can like mecha.

I didn't mean to sound offensive. I apologize. I agree with your point about fan service though. I'm sure this series won't have as much ecchi as Dai Shogun(another mecha anime airing in Spring).

I wouldn't say I 'like' mecha yet since the ones I've seen so far have been disappointments(Valvrave, Buddy Complex, Nobunaga the Fool). No offense to those who watched those btw, it's just how I felt. I'm not trying to diss the shows.

This is why I'm hoping the new mecha from Urobuchi will change my view on mecha.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 22, 2014 12:31 PM

Mar 2013
XEBEC doing another mech series?

Exciting!

Also can't wait for Fafner Exodus this autumn!
I will prove to you that I am the supreme ruler of Heaven! Maoh Shakumesujin!
Mar 22, 2014 12:47 PM

May 2008
Lots of mecha these days will give it a try!!!! in the summer
Mar 22, 2014 12:48 PM

Jul 2012
Looks decent! Will watch most likely.
Mar 22, 2014 1:08 PM

Aug 2008
Ckan said:
Mecha is the second home of ecchi, I mean take a look at Geass, Gunbuster, Break Blade amd Evangelion for starters.
Do you have some kind of hallucinations? Where did you see any 'ecchi' in Break Blade? Seriously, it's one of the most realistic and normal mecha series out there...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 22, 2014 1:17 PM

Oct 2007
Antanaru said:
Ckan said:
Mecha is the second home of ecchi, I mean take a look at Geass, Gunbuster, Break Blade amd Evangelion for starters.
Do you have some kind of hallucinations? Where did you see any 'ecchi' in Break Blade? Seriously, it's one of the most realistic and normal mecha series out there...

I kind of see his point. It's obviously not every mecha series, but there's a lot of opportunities to exploit for writer and directors like skin tight body suits and the tendency towards Bishonen and Bishoujo character designs. That said I'm not seeing how it's a de facto second home, just that obviously there's areas where it can come into play. For example Gundam Unicorn has practically no fanservice whatsoever, but obviously something like Yamato 2199 does.
Mar 22, 2014 1:34 PM
Aug 2012
Seriously people complaining about echhi, man up a bit will you? Echhi doesn't necessarily equal to bad unless overused. The PV had only a few seconds of it and that was nothing but an awkward situation rather than fan-service.........

Speaking of fan-service/echhi in mecha anime, Aquarion had a lot of it but that didn't make a show bad. It was a decent show in my opinion and the romance aspect was done well. Macross series has some in almost all their shows. Evangelion had plug suits. Victory had an uncensored bathing scene. Well bottom line is, depending in how it's presented echhi/fan-service doesn't make a show bad by default so stop fussing over something silly as this.

Mar 22, 2014 3:24 PM
May 2013
Antanaru said:
Ckan said:

IIRC in Break Blade there was an attractive blonde who had a tendency to not wear clothes in her bedroom.

But I didn't get that impression from THIS anime's video.
HahalollawlMar 22, 2014 5:06 PM
Mar 22, 2014 4:38 PM

Jun 2013
Red_Keys said:
The use of 3D looks really awkward, imo.

Also, that ass in face scene had me rolling my eyes. When a PV is already giving off negative vibes, that isn't a good sign.

Exactly how I felt about it.
Mar 22, 2014 5:28 PM

Feb 2011
When i read the name of title i knew it could be a mecha anime, and i was right after all :). I will be definitely watching this too!
Mar 22, 2014 5:42 PM

Aug 2012
Xebec mecha, Ryota Ohsaka, I'm game.
Mar 22, 2014 5:52 PM

Oct 2013
LOL i saw the preview and the only thing i was think was that if Michael Bay did anime this would be it >.> fire fights and explosions >.> not sure how i feel XD
[/quote]
Mar 22, 2014 5:56 PM

Mar 2008
If I knew the mere mention of ecchi would be such a touchy subject, perhaps I'd have worded things more carefully. I forget that we're not all so service-tolerant.
phoenixalia said:
I didn't mean to sound offensive. I apologize. I agree with your point about fan service though. I'm sure this series won't have as much ecchi as Dai Shogun(another mecha anime airing in Spring).

I wouldn't say I 'like' mecha yet since the ones I've seen so far have been disappointments(Valvrave, Buddy Complex, Nobunaga the Fool). No offense to those who watched those btw, it's just how I felt. I'm not trying to diss the shows.

This is why I'm hoping the new mecha from Urobuchi will change my view on mecha.
Don't apologise, I started it after all. 'Mecha' covers a big variety of shows (some more so than others), but Valvrave, Nobunaga, and BComplex (which I haven't seen yet), are admittedly entertaining, but average shows.
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Antanaru said:
Ckan said:

I kind of see his point. It's obviously not every mecha series, but there's a lot of opportunities to exploit for writer and directors like skin tight body suits and the tendency towards Bishonen and Bishoujo character designs. That said I'm not seeing how it's a de facto second home, just that obviously there's areas where it can come into play. For example Gundam Unicorn has practically no fanservice whatsoever, but obviously something like Yamato 2199 does.
As the good man says. I may have exaggerated on "second home", but given the mecha's long history as a lynchpin of anime, the examples as mentioned, and the fact that practically every popular modern mecha will come with fanservice, I think it was a safe enough analogy.

And as some others have mentioned, one scene does not an ecchi-constant show make.
Mar 22, 2014 9:21 PM
May 2012
AlexTheRiot said:
Xebec mecha, Ryota Ohsaka, I'm game.

Haruto Tokishima's VA + Valvrave vibe = THIS.
JafriZinMar 23, 2014 5:01 AM
Mar 22, 2014 10:52 PM

Feb 2013
Just the word "mecha" it's enough for me to pick up this show.

Mar 23, 2014 7:03 AM

Nov 2011
Thanks !
Mar 23, 2014 11:33 AM

Oct 2008
I lost count of how many mecha we have this year.
Mecha is definitely coming back. Thank God.
Anime is indeed saved.
Mar 24, 2014 6:20 AM

Oct 2012
wooohoo sounds great
Mar 24, 2014 10:08 AM

Nov 2008
more mecha, hell yeah, count me in
Feb 4, 2016 1:34 PM
Feb 2015
MoonWishes said:
Argevollen sounds like broken German. I did a google translate because I knew what vollen was, meaning Full in German but I didn't know what Arge was so google gave me "Argentina Full". LOL is all I have to say, still sounds interesting.

I'm Austrian, native German speaker - it actually does mean nothing in German, it just looks like a German word. With some moving around of the words you could get "voll arg", which would mean something like "totally crazy/weird". That's about it. An "ArGe" is also an economic term, it's an abbriviation for "Arbeitsgemeinschaft", meaning "working partnership" or "consortium". So yeah, they just made up something German-sounding there.
Feb 4, 2016 5:57 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Wow.
Someone brought back this thread just to correct someone almost 2 years later.
And its his first post.
Wow.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Light Novel 'Izure Saikyou no Renkinjutsushi?' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

3 by Rinrinka »»
22 minutes ago

» 'Kijin Gentoushou' Announces Additional Cast Pair, 1-Hour Premiere

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

2 by Memore »»
2 hours ago

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 4

3 by VittoCheri »»
11 hours ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

17 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
12 hours ago

» Web Manga 'Awajima Hyakkei' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by RobertBobert »»
Today, 4:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.