Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 18, 2014 10:59 PM
Feb 2013
^ Baka Tsuki is the only place, where translations of the LN are located, so you have to patiently wait, for the single person who is translating this, to catch up to the latest volume.

Regarding the latest episode, it's pretty good and I can't wait to see the last one.
Mar 18, 2014 11:08 PM

Mar 2012
I must say, the second half of this series is god-like. The first half of this series was average in the sense that I think a lot of time was wasted. There was a lot of setup, which is fine, but a lot of things were rushed through. I'm sure that the second half of the series has also skipped over a decent amount of material given that it's a natural part of anime adaptations. But overall the second half of the series delivered precisely what I think most people were looking for. The combat and the drama have just been superb. This series is now all kinds of exciting and flashy in the best way possible. Ohtomo has definitely been a huge part of that. But I don't think that a series necessarily needs to have its main characters at the forefront of everything, so I'm totally fine with Harutora being more or less not in the spotlight for the time being.

Not that this should surprise anyone, but I'm guessing we'll see Natsume's revival next episode. I'm hyped for the finale. Hope it doesn't disappoint.
Mar 18, 2014 11:26 PM

Oct 2013
I don't see why the first half (as many others say) was unnecessary. Sure thing they are giving 4 episodes to the last volume to make it less rushed but imo this one along with the previous arc are one of the best. They are not rushing this one at all!

And whole thing with Natsume getting revived. I don't see any problem with it at all. Just see it in the long term, there are still many things about Yakou/Harutora and Natsume and others etc. which can be explained well enough in PART II..So much room for character development so what's the problem with it.
This series adapted vol1-vol 9 was all PART I or ACT I of the series.

Part II will have shift of main characters and we won't see the story from Harutora's point of view.
Too bad the anime sales are low and we probably won't get Season 2 but I can say Part II will be much more better!

As for the episodes itself I really liked it. 8bit delivering something good after episode 18.
Kyouko, Tenma and Jin were the 'stars' of this episode. ^^ 5/5.
Mar 18, 2014 11:38 PM
Apr 2013
Nuvi said:
I don't see why the first half (as many others say) was unnecessary. Sure thing they are giving 4 episodes to the last volume to make it less rushed but imo this one along with the previous arc are one of the best. They are not rushing this one at all!

And whole thing with Natsume getting revived. I don't see any problem with it at all. Just see it in the long term, there are still many things about Yakou/Harutora and Natsume and others etc. which can be explained well enough in PART II..So much room for character development so what's the problem with it.
This series adapted vol1-vol 9 was all PART I or ACT I of the series.

Part II will have shift of main characters and we won't see the story from Harutora's point of view.
Too bad the anime sales are low and we probably won't get Season 2 but I can say Part II will be much more better!

As for the episodes itself I really liked it. 8bit delivering something good after episode 18.
Kyouko, Tenma and Jin were the 'stars' of this episode. ^^ 5/5.
Personally, I think some parts in the first half of the series were rather superfluous... like episodes 11 and 12.
Mar 18, 2014 11:50 PM

Oct 2013
Yeah I agree. They skipped some character interactions in vol5 just to Suzuka to get the spotlight so it's not something which I appreciate. The ones I like are Jin/Natsume and few others..

The side-stories which I'm currently reading are so fun and thank god they do not include Suzuka. If you read Chapter 1 of vol5 or Chapter 3 of Vol4 you can clearly see how much rude she can act.

Episode 11 was a waste(they could have done a 1month timeskip again just to make her fit inside the main cast) and imo could be skipped so that the later episode where Harutora's semi-awakening(in episode 17) could be more in the spotlight ( which was rushed as fuck).

All those episodes did were just to make her look 'cute' and nothing else. Thank god episode 20 cancels out those shitty episodes which are not clearly for my taste. Natsume>Kon>Kyouko>Takiko>everyone else (even Touji LOL)> Suzuka.
Mar 19, 2014 1:30 AM

Jul 2013
Reading some of the comments here makes me think if we're all really watching the same series.

This episode neither felt too rushed or too slow for me. I can't comprehend how the first part was supposedly pointless or how Kyoko's astrology power (which was heavily implied since ages ago) was random.

The last episode was titled "Resurrection". It couldn't be any clearer than that and we're so obviously going to get a cliffhanger ending going into the 2nd season (which hopefully we'll get). Honestly this makes any complain about Natsume's imminent revival moot since you don't know if there's a deeper story to it. Judging this series before the story is finished or before watching the 2nd season is, sufficed to say, premature.
Mar 19, 2014 2:23 AM

Apr 2010
Feels like this entire first season is leading up to something "greater" with the Omnyo Agency unresolved and such.
Mar 19, 2014 3:14 AM

Mar 2010
antonn said:
Feels like this entire first season is leading up to something "greater" with the Omnyo Agency unresolved and such.

Yeah, but this was always going to be that way to be fair. Part 2 of novels (vol 10 +) is basically dealing with it on an even larger scale. However several major threads will come to resolution next week with the show being open enough for a sequel.
Mar 19, 2014 4:09 AM

Feb 2013
Well this seems like lets do the FORBIDDEN revival ceremony cuz the main protagonist wants to save the one he loves xD...everyone else is forbitten to do it but not the main protagonist xD
Mar 19, 2014 4:10 AM
Oct 2013
facade63 said:
Jin is OP as fuk.

This. Another awesome fight by Jin. He's actually one of my boss male characters like Kaiki and Rider.
Mar 19, 2014 4:54 AM

Oct 2013
I'm so falling for jin sensei.

lol at the Coat carrying Temna...
Mar 19, 2014 5:13 AM

Jun 2012
I was wondering where Zenjirou has been... I was actually hoping that he and Jin would stop Hamatora, because I don't think he should revive Natsume. I don't think characters should be revived unnecessarily and I think reviving people is wrong. If anything, I'd be disappointed if Harutora doesn't at least die to revive Natsume. A life for a life... or no take-backs. When someone's dead, they're dead.

Was about to ask why everyone kept saying there were spoilers everywhere, until I saw rodac's post lol.

Only thing that I really found satisfying this episode was that Jin beat Reiji... I would've been a little put off if Reiji had defeated him. I didn't quite expect Jin to destroy him as hard as he did, but I'm glad he did. Really the action in the beginning was overall pretty good this episode.

NoulisVraxati said:
Well this seems like lets do the FORBIDDEN revival ceremony cuz the main protagonist wants to save the one he loves xD...everyone else is forbitten to do it but not the main protagonist xD
Yep, I think after next episode I'll probably hate Harutora forever. He's a real hypocritical bastard for telling Suzuka how wrong it is, but then doing it himself like it's nobody's business. I'd probably give the comedy in this series a 10/10 though if Natsume tells him off, and refuses to come back to life.

jiraiya_sensei said:
The last episode was titled "Resurrection". It couldn't be any clearer than that and we're so obviously going to get a cliffhanger ending going into the 2nd season (which hopefully we'll get). Honestly this makes any complain about Natsume's imminent revival moot since you don't know if there's a deeper story to it. Judging this series before the story is finished or before watching the 2nd season is, sufficed to say, premature.
Not really, agreeing with what they do has nothing to do with whether or not they can make something good out of it. Sure, they can probably still make the series equally enjoyable later on after she's revived... but it doesn't feel any less cheap. Reviving dead characters just feels like we've been cheated, as they're just taking the easy route and taking back the only particularly hard decision they've made in the series. A good story really has nothing to do with the way it ends or begins imo... it's what happens in between that matters most, since there's really only so many ways to end a series and, as they say, most any story has been told many times before in one way or another.

No matter what my final opinion of the series is, I'll always be disappointed by the fact that Natsume was revived, assuming that she is, and just because there's more to come doesn't mean I have to like every direction the series takes before the end.
HalibelTheEspadaMar 19, 2014 5:35 AM
Mar 19, 2014 6:38 AM

Dec 2013
@Halibel
Well that's too bad. Just because you forgot to drop this series before so do yourself a favor and rate this 1/10 when this ends. That way you can clearly let out all your hate towards it and Harutora's actions because whatever Harutora is doing (which the anime won't be covering ) in volume 10

I think it was obvious enough that the series heavily dealt with reviving the dead since episode 1 and people always forget about this. See for yourself, even Mutobe, Shidou and even Doman (judging by ep 14's end) were revived and you're forgetting what Natsume could become after she is revived..she could no longer be a human anymore. Reviving the dead will have it's own consequences, whatever Harutora does will affect Natsume and her life and of course..Onmyo Agency will most probably hunt down both Harutora and Jin for their actions.

I think your post makes it clear that you're just hating on it. Sure thing this anime is not that good but it's not bad either.

Mar 19, 2014 6:51 AM
Apr 2013
I don't agree with Natsume being revived either, but judging the whole series based on that action is a hyperbole.

And as Hishasmaru pointed out, Mutobe and Shidou were both revived as well. I don't see anyone tilting against that action.
Mar 19, 2014 7:33 AM

Dec 2013
Mutobe and Shidou were revived as well, Suzuka pretty much fucked up her brother's revival (and only Harutora and Natsume saved her at that time) she could have died for that mindless thing she revived so it's all thanks to Harutora and Natsume.

Ofc the author knew that making Natsume revived should come up with a big price. And what that price could be, it won't be animated because this show is ending. All I can see is senseless post in ep24 discussion thread. ;o

Whatever Onmyo Agency wants is just Yakou on their side, and onmyo agency fucked up with Yakou's reincarnation life. We saw how Harutora reacted to this (panicking and being hypocrite for reviving but Kyouko assured him after reading the stars that using the Taizan Fukun is fine)...What's left is to see how Yakou reacts to this situation...
Gamer6Mar 19, 2014 7:38 AM

Mar 19, 2014 7:35 AM

Nov 2010
That star reading seemed like an asspull...
Mar 19, 2014 7:41 AM

Jul 2013
HalibelTheEspada said:

Not really, agreeing with what they do has nothing to do with whether or not they can make something good out of it. Sure, they can probably still make the series equally enjoyable later on after she's revived... but it doesn't feel any less cheap. Reviving dead characters just feels like we've been cheated, as they're just taking the easy route and taking back the only particularly hard decision they've made in the series. A good story really has nothing to do with the way it ends or begins imo... it's what happens in between that matters most, since there's really only so many ways to end a series and, as they say, most any story has been told many times before in one way or another.

No matter what my final opinion of the series is, I'll always be disappointed by the fact that Natsume was revived, assuming that she is, and just because there's more to come doesn't mean I have to like every direction the series takes before the end.

Well I've already read some of the LN spoilers. I'm not gonna post it here since mod will just delete it. The only thing I can say is Natsume's revival isn't pointless/cheap and in fact become the driving plot for the 2nd part of the series.

I would agree with you only if Natsume was revived for the sake of being revived (you know, like how everyone who died in Strike the Blood was instantly revived the next episode) or that nothing really comes off it but that's not the case here.
MoeGodMar 19, 2014 7:50 AM
Mar 19, 2014 7:45 AM

Dec 2013
Exactly, Natsume has a lot more to her character, her origin is still mysterious....we don't even know if she's a Tsuchimikado at all...she might not even be one..There's A LOT more towards her story maybe that's why the author thinks that there is still room for her character..Whatever happens in next episode will itself be a major buildup for Part 2 of the story and this anime itself will have an open ending.
Gamer6Mar 19, 2014 7:52 AM

Mar 19, 2014 8:14 AM

Jun 2012
jiraiya_sensei said:
Well I've already read some of the LN spoilers. I'm not gonna post it here since mod will just delete it. The only thing I can say is Natsume's revival isn't pointless/cheap and in fact become the driving plot for the 2nd part of the series.

I would agree with you only if Natsume was revived for the sake of being revived (you know, like how everyone who died in Strike the Blood was instantly revived the next episode) or that nothing really comes off it but that's not the case here.
Well, like I said I don't think that they can't make something out of it... because no matter what happens the story's going to continue. But maybe you're right, since I don't know exactly what's going to happen... but from my current perspective all I know is that Harutora wants her revived because she's dead and he blames himself, and nothing more. To me, it's an understandable desire, but I still disagree with it.

From Genji's statement about keeping an eye on Natsume though, it would seem that he actually wants her revived for ulterior purposes. That or he just wants to make sure they still have leverage over Harutora. So, from what I know I guess Natsume's revival won't serve zero purpose.

My point though, is just even though they can move the plot forward by reviving her, only going by Harutora's motives, reviving her really is only for the sake of reviving her and nothing else. Which is the only issue I personally have. But if there's major complications and things go wrong, like maybe what Harutora said and the enemies somehow take control of her and use her as their familiar puppet, or maybe what Zenjirou said and it corrupts Harutora's mind and he starts losing his mind and becomes an enemy... then those are things I'd be fine with. So, I get what you're saying, and as long as it doesn't just go along the lines of: Harutora revives Natsume, without any complications, and everyone's fine and they just happily get back to struggling against the enemy with a boosted morale. then I'll be perfectly satisfied.
HalibelTheEspadaMar 19, 2014 8:20 AM
Mar 19, 2014 10:07 AM

Jul 2013
HalibelTheEspada said:
Harutora revives Natsume, without any complications, and everyone's fine and they just happily get back to struggling against the enemy with a boosted morale. then I'll be perfectly satisfied.

No need to worry then because it doesn't happen like that. This isn't a happy-go-lucky revival where everything returns to normal. If anything it complicates matters because things do go wrong. We won't see how and why until the 2nd season though.
Mar 19, 2014 10:30 AM

Mar 2010
Harutora isn't reviving her for sake of it, that is an insult to their relationship. He's doing it as a way to give back to someone who has been a benefactor for him through their entire lives unknownly. This not for himself, it is for her, and just as she took on the his burden being Yakou's reincarnation and Tsuchimikado family head, so he could be free. Harutora is now taking consequences and responsibility of spell so she can live for herself for once. If was just for the "sake of it" these episodes would not exist, nor would Harutora hold any guilt towards how things turned. You don't have to agree what he's doing, but don't belittle reasons behind them.

Furthermore that is only Zenjirou's opinion. Yes great magic like any large task in life worth doing comes with risk, but it's up to the individuals to decide whether accept that risk, what entails and push forward or not. It was probably not much different from Yakou's view when he use it to reincarnate himself.
Iron_MawMar 19, 2014 11:27 AM
Mar 19, 2014 12:24 PM

Jan 2013
ahhhh, more epic fight >///<, epic star reading at the end.
Mar 19, 2014 12:34 PM

Mar 2010
Jin is a fucking bad-ass. Even though I knew this since episode 14 and onward I was surprised how easily he kicked Reiji's ass.

Tenma finally got the screentime he deserved and got the raven coat.

I'm not sure what to think of the star reading at the end, but all in all it was a great episode.

9/10
SayaVikingMar 19, 2014 2:04 PM
Mar 19, 2014 12:37 PM

Mar 2013
"if u dont i will make it so you can
never get married" - wtf???

Kyouko using astrology and see natsume - what? :O

overall nice episode cant wait t the last 1 :)
Mar 19, 2014 1:16 PM

Aug 2008
This episode was so full of crap, especially all that 'star reading'. What kind of scribbler writes stuff like that?
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 19, 2014 2:14 PM

Sep 2007
Well to add on to my earlier comment of "the first half of the episode feeling unecessary" now that I've seen the episode with subs and completely understand all the dialogue...

I just personally think that showing how Tenma snuck in could've been a few minutes shorter...along with the whole animation of Kyouko "reading astrology" bit....

I personally just felt like it padded a few minutes that could've been spent showing Harutora & gang actually "reaching" their destination or something..... which would save more minutes for the awesome bad a$$-ness that I feel is supposed to happen in the last ep.... but I have a feeling might get rushed at this pacing.

Of course I could be proven wrong but we'll just have to see

(but gawd....I think this might at the very least need an OVA if not a 2nd season for after the last episode)

EDIT By the way.....Harutora better be awesome and kick some sort of butt in the last episode. The expression he's been making these past few eps is pissing me off...almost as much as he pissed me off in the beginning with "Hokuto"
IkanoMar 19, 2014 2:18 PM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Mar 19, 2014 2:47 PM

Mar 2014
Ikano said:
I feel like the first half of this episode was....well....unecessary

The whole episode was unnecessary! I'm really pissed off. I don't know how many times it has been repeated "revive Nastume" or "Thanks for supporting" and so on. I wanted see real action (fights without cut) or exciting episode and no 20 minutes conversation.

Man, i am really pissed off...and now the last episode feels like it seems to be rushed...

Antanaru said:
This episode was so full of crap, especially all that 'star reading'

^ this.
funnyRunnyMar 19, 2014 2:54 PM
Mar 19, 2014 3:03 PM

Feb 2014
Kyosuke77 said:
Ikano said:
I feel like the first half of this episode was....well....unecessary

The whole episode was unnecessary! I'm really pissed off. I don't know how many times it has been repeated "revive Nastume" or "Thanks for supporting" and so on. I wanted see real action (fights without cut) or exciting episode and no 20 minutes conversation.

Man, i am really pissed off...and now the last episode feels like it seems to be rushed...

Antanaru said:
This episode was so full of crap, especially all that 'star reading'

^ this.

Then, you watch the wrong anime...Bleach may suit you.

For Natsume, i also disagree about her back to life...But, what can i do...The one who "create" Taizan fukun ritual is Harutora...so it is up to him... XD.
Mar 19, 2014 3:05 PM

Apr 2012
The forbidden resurrection isn't so "forbidden" anymore. Yashamaru explained that there was a way of reviving someone without sacrificing another life, which probably made it forbidden in the first place. The LN probably elaborates on this much better than the anime since the general consensus says the adaptation is pretty mediocre. I agree with the latter. The whole star reading thing was probably also explained much better in the LN. The anime just makes it look cheesy as fuck and an ass pull all together.

Harutora isn't just reviving her just because he pities her and that her whole life was a lie to begin with. It's pretty obvious he loves her as well. Since there is a clean way of resurrecting someone why not use it? Also it would be interesting to see who Natsume really is. I don't think this has even been covered in the LN as of yet.

Yakou is a pretty strong plot device. Harutora is basically baby jesus.
zzzeallyMar 19, 2014 3:26 PM

Mar 19, 2014 3:46 PM

Mar 2014
MShukyDeneuve said:
Hah, i think i haven't express rightly, don't know how i can explain clearer. I liked the fight Ootomo Jin vs. Douman Ashiya that was exciting. I wished the fights were like that, but they were very small and unimportant.
Mar 19, 2014 4:01 PM

Jan 2013
Guys! That "no killing other people" is only a rule made up by humans! It's totally ok to kill each other.

There is a point in rules and why they are creating. Not everyone rule make sense, but you should at least try to understand why it exists.

But anyway, I really liked this episode, it filled the gaps of the last one and gave us some kickass stuff. Douman and Ootomo are really on a different level than anyone else. Also props to the director.
Mar 19, 2014 4:11 PM

Mar 2010
I don't understand the complaints about the star reading. Some of you guys do know that point of astrology is to connect to universe on metaphysical level and attempt to learn and future right?

Of course something would be surreal and full of mysticism. How else would you expect to look like?

Frontalbrise said:
Guys! That "no killing other people" is only a rule made up by humans! It's totally ok to kill each other.

There is a point in rules and why they are creating. Not everyone rule make sense, but you should at least try to understand why it exists.

You know what your saying doesn't go against her point right? Morality is another human concept and even that varies from culture to culture. Other species don't and nature itself don't give a shit.

Yakou and those perfected ritual clearly didn't care about that. Furhtermore this doesn't stop Genji the one who supposed to uphold these from using himself.
Iron_MawMar 20, 2014 1:28 AM
Mar 19, 2014 4:15 PM

Jan 2013
Jagd84 said:
I don't understand the complaints about the reading star. Some of you guys do know that point of astrology is to connect to universe on metaphysical level and attempt to learn and future right?

Of course something would be sureall and full of mysticism. How else would expect to look like?
Like Yahoo Answers
Mar 19, 2014 4:18 PM

Mar 2010
Clearly lol.
Mar 19, 2014 4:18 PM

Feb 2014
Kyosuke77 said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
Hah, i think i haven't express rightly, don't know how i can explain clearer. I liked the fight Ootomo Jin vs. Douman Ashiya that was exciting. I wished the fights were like that, but they were very small and unimportant.

Nah, i am not insult you or anything, well i did not choose my words right...it is just reccomendation or so XD

Either way...This Anime(LN) not have much brawn fight to begin with....that is way i told you watch the wrong one. But if fight occurs, it will be awesome...Harutora Vs Shaver actually a good one but too much scene got cut.

Frontalbrise said:

But anyway, I really liked this episode, it filled the gaps of the last one and gave us some kickass stuff. Douman and Ootomo are really on a different level than anyone else. Also props to the director.

Like i said, i also disagree about bring back Natsume to life, but...The Taizan Fukun Ritual is Harutora spell to begin with, he is the one who created it...Even Harutora is reincarnated Yakou...If we put it bluntly, it is not our place to argue with "Harutora"..understood? XD

Suzuka certainly failed on her ritual and Harutora stop it was the right thing to do...The problem that time is the "what if it fail", not the revive one.

We can said Suzu succesfully bring back Doman alive...Even as a demon... But it is right, there is slash back on revive some one in this series...For Natsume...well just watch next episode.
FlashofthebackMar 19, 2014 4:26 PM
Mar 19, 2014 6:13 PM
Mar 2010
The fact that there is only one episode left is making me wish this series was longer. This episode flew past and was excellent from start to end. Here's to hoping for second season.
Mar 19, 2014 11:17 PM

Apr 2013
How much stamina does a cripple dude have? Jin is way too OP! Awesome character.
Mar 19, 2014 11:55 PM

Sep 2011
The sensei is pretty beastly. 1 more ep!
Mar 20, 2014 2:17 AM

Nov 2012
After everything its happening i'm not even mad that Harutora gonna revive the worst character,the others characters became so good on the plot that i dont even care with natsume coming back to life
Mar 20, 2014 3:28 AM

Jan 2011
I can never fully follow all the plot elements they chuck out, you can really tell they're compressing the novels. Well it's still fun to watch but also feels really generic just like Strike the Blood.
Mar 20, 2014 3:49 AM

Oct 2009
Tenma!! Nicely done, yay the little girl who likes little girls is good guy <3!
Dam Jin you so OP :D!

What were those?? Alternate dimensions or something?? o.o

Not as exciting as the last episode though.

One episode left :(!!!!!
Mar 20, 2014 4:55 AM

Mar 2010
ReaperCreeper said:
I can never fully follow all the plot elements they chuck out, you can really tell they're compressing the novels. Well it's still fun to watch but also feels really generic just like Strike the Blood.

I don't see how this generic like STB or other LNs. The MC's has someone he likes, there is barely harem (and they bow out), the cast even gendered and has far more adults than any LN that isn't Baccano or DRRR. There next to no fanservice, the fights are sensible and it's plot and back-story is something rarely done in this medium.

STB otherhand is the exact opposite regardless of whatever you like either of them or not. O_o

SithNoKami said:

What were those?? Alternate dimensions or something?? o.o

Possible futures, that's what star reading allows the user to see.
Iron_MawMar 20, 2014 5:00 AM
Mar 20, 2014 7:27 AM

Aug 2013
How can they fit all that`s left in a single episode? I don't get it...hmmm, well, we`ll see.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2014 11:55 AM

Dec 2011
All of the cast are appearing. Damn. And Kyoko knows how to do star reading too. Basically, in a normal perspective, dead should remain dead, but after knowing that from the star reading, that means its ok to revive Natsume.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2014 4:35 PM
Oct 2013
Awesome episode, I really love this show seriously..

And to people who talking bullshit about Natsume's reviving and Kyouko's star reading need to read the comments here (open pg 1, 2, 3, 4, 5), and I suggest rewatch this show again and not just spout nonsense without understanding what the story is about..

p/s: Just piss off when I read some comment that seems like he never really understood anything about this show
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
Mar 21, 2014 12:17 AM

Feb 2014
That teamwork.
Jin is such a badass and responsible sensei!
I'm cool with the "star reading" as this series is based on Onmyodo and other Japanese folklore.
Can't wait for EP 24!
Mar 21, 2014 12:59 AM

Jan 2011
Jagd84 said:

STB otherhand is the exact opposite regardless of whatever you like either of them or not. O_o

Super dense protagonist with hidden power that he's too incompetent to properly use.
Obvious love choice, who is tsundere.
Slightly futuristic city mixed with supernatural magic dealies.
A vampire/mage/witch/demon/whatever did it is the cause of just about every problem.

You're right they're obviously nothing alike and that sure doesn't sound generic.
Mar 21, 2014 1:54 AM
Aug 2012
ReaperCreeper said:
Jagd84 said:

Super dense protagonist with hidden power that he's too incompetent to properly use.
A vampire/mage/witch/demon/whatever did it is the cause of just about every problem.

You're right they're obviously nothing alike and that sure doesn't sound generic.

Super dense? Kid please try to watch the show properly. His powers are sealed which is definitely not equal to being incompetent. As his memories start to come back, he shows what he is really capable of.

Despite anime cutting out some characterization, he has enormous powers and he is able to use spell used by other pretty well. In every fight, he has shown his capability. Maybe you didn't see it or maybe you are blind, since you are labeling him as too incompetent. Sheesh some people really love to hate a character for the sake of hating................

Do you have any idea about Omniyoji that you are bringing up vampire/magic/demon/whatever you like for comparison? People like you really whine a lot without even making proper comparisons.

Mar 21, 2014 1:55 AM

Mar 2010
ReaperCreeper said:
Jagd84 said:

That such vague, stupid and board classification you might as well listed said nearly every fantasy story in existence. Nevermind that quite a bit of is wrong, but even Kill a'la Kill would apply to all of that.

Once again huh?

Your argument is seemingly because TR have some common elements with other stories so it's generic, well then stop reading and watching anything fiction. You not going to find any story that doesn't have something you have seen before.
Iron_MawMar 21, 2014 7:34 AM
Mar 21, 2014 10:45 AM

Oct 2011
Will Harutora use the Raven Coat to revive Natsume??? If so won't he lose the powers from it???
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Tokyo Ravens community still alive? Any news on the new LN volume 17?

Gilgamesh45 - Mar 26, 2022

24 by XrIoUs »»
Mar 24, 4:18 AM

» Rest in peace Maon Kurosaki

Hot_Green_Tea - Mar 3, 2023

2 by smallwitchy »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2014

372 by DemonLordKenzaki »»
Sep 16, 2023 11:43 PM

» Tokyo ravens really end?

Patolas - Aug 6, 2017

16 by Alexioos95 »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:12 AM

» How to see the rest of the story?

MrBones2002 - Jun 11, 2021

5 by Biribiri10 »»
Nov 7, 2022 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.