Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2008 9:34 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was weird but pretty unique. I like the story itself and that mini punk donkey is hilarious. xD

Off to part two~

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 15, 2008 5:09 AM

Jul 2007
I liked it. It was a nice cheerful romance story. I.G.'s animation was also good.
Jan 15, 2008 4:24 PM

Jan 2007
that was sweet. Chizuru's story was nice. The donkey is awesome.
Jan 22, 2008 8:16 AM

Jul 2007
the animation is really pretty and unique :]
great animation too
it's a sweet story, but chizuru's part is kinda boring
Mar 21, 2008 1:29 AM

Apr 2007
Im presumming episode 1 is the Chizuru's story, for that is what i just watched.

And i loved it to bits, the animation, the story, it was beautiful stuff. The ending confused me a bit, but i think i get it. Anyways, off to part 2~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2008 7:38 AM

Mar 2007
Siing said:
Im presumming episode 1 is the Chizuru's story, for that is what i just watched.

And i loved it to bits, the animation, the story, it was beautiful stuff. The ending confused me a bit, but i think i get it. Anyways, off to part 2~

LOL yeah i was kinda wondering why? when they're practically interchangeable

either or i liked both and how can u not laugh at:

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
May 25, 2008 3:56 PM

Feb 2007
lol That part where she bowed and took out that woman was amazing :P
Aug 25, 2008 6:01 AM
Jul 2008
Go Mamma Go Mamma Go.. loool... that gag was awesome!
Oct 26, 2008 9:53 AM

Mar 2008
Siing said:

i agree!!!
i especially LOVED the animation. beautiful
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2008 7:16 AM

Jan 2008
Wasted_Life said:

either or i liked both and how can u not laugh at:

Bahaha, I was thinking that too when she was looking through that binocular thing :P
Dec 9, 2008 10:28 PM

Jun 2008
Awwwww that was so cute!!! I loved everything about it.....even that crazy miniature donkey!!!
Jul 17, 2009 2:02 AM

Jan 2008
That was a sweet story, not too sure what happened at the ending but makes sense enough. Love the art and music.
Aug 17, 2009 3:04 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
that was sweet :)

that donkey was so annoying at the beginning but he got on my good side towards the end.
p r o f i l e 👀
Sep 24, 2009 2:35 AM

Dec 2008
I definitelu like it. The animation is full of those little, cute details that makes the history true (like the little girl that was turning her head when she saw Yuudai caring a big present).
Jan 12, 2010 2:59 PM

Apr 2008
Chizuru taking out her ex-boyfriend's mum and beating up another one when drunk... ROFL!

Mini-donkey in protective mode at the door was actually pretty scary. First thought on seeing him... green haired cow wearing a nappy?!?!?! ^^;

Overall cute stroy, especially Yuudai with gift in hand at the end :D
May 16, 2010 3:51 PM
Mar 2010
Gief me that donkey now this very second! :D
May 11, 2011 5:05 PM

Dec 2009
This was cute and I really liked the donkey. The first part about the girl and her ex's was funny.
May 22, 2011 10:25 AM

Jun 2009
Such a sweet series~ Chizuru’s beyond clueless and clumsy, yet she’s charming all the same.

Ah, seriously, I can’t believe how cute and melting Sakurai Takahiro was voicing Yuudai. I didn’t even realize it was him until much later; it sounds barely like him.

Production I.G.’s artwork is so wonderful. Sure, the backdrop of the buildings may be sketchy, but on every others aspect it’s detailed, colorful and totally cute, plus it has some old-fashioned character design quite unusual nowadays that caught my eye the first time as I saw it.

Off to watch the second part~
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Oct 3, 2013 1:49 AM

Apr 2009
She was watching him from the telescope near/in her workplace? Granted that he was in the open, I find it still creepy, stalker kinda thing! She even admits she knows everything about him, which the guy just brushed aside nonchalantly as something amazing! >_<

Uhmm they didn't return the multicolored punk and diapered mini-donkey? Unless they paid for him/her/it later I guess that would be OK. I find the mini-donkey creepily cute though acting like a dog. LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 26, 2013 9:58 PM

Jul 2012
A bit confusing, but not horrible. Loved the song at the end. (I actually had this on my iPod for two years now) Don't really like characters that much. Animation is fab. Onto the male part! Hope it gets better. Knowing the male is voiced by TakaSaku makes everything better. <3
Dec 7, 2013 7:24 PM

May 2012
This was actually quite lovely but the mini-donkey made it quite weird but well it sure is something weird to make the anime unique! Well let's see what the second part has to offer but this sure was quite interesting especially that ending!
Dec 27, 2013 2:08 AM

Jul 2012
Well that was interesting and the mini donkey was just great I loved the little guy or girl.

Great episode!!!
Jun 12, 2014 10:22 AM

Sep 2010
That was boring and confusing...... Blech, would drop but it's only two episodes so might as well finish.
Aug 27, 2016 6:03 PM

May 2015
( ≖‿≖) Why did she drop the present down the tower in the first place?

I ponder… maybe it was meant to symbolize the foolishness she felt by trying to break up the relationship with him and how she felt about herself personally and I’m going to quote her: “I’m not the person you think I am” (uneasy & insecure, heck she even doubts his love for her); in which, she tried throwing away the object she was going to dump him with, because of the guilt of being at fault, only to be given back to her from Yuudai with the polar opposite meaning.
Mar 23, 2017 11:12 PM

Jan 2017
I found this while searching "Tokyo Magnitude" in the search bar. I was typing it and when I came to "Tokyo M..." I saw the title and got a little curious about it. I must say, I'm not regretting that I clicked and watched it.

I first notice her rosy cheeks. I find them really pretty and I just want to point that out. The animation is really calming and the donkey may look a bit out of place but it's still funny.

I read somewhere that the first episode is the girl's perspective and the second one is the boy's. I'm looking forward to the second one since this episode made me smile.
Sorry for my English.
Jan 21, 2018 12:24 PM

Nov 2016
This is a very adorable and cute romance.

Why does love have to be so complicated ?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 16, 2020 8:50 AM

Aug 2017
Chizuru knows everything about her boyfriend except his email address :p I loved the shoujo-esque designs and the red tones on the characters' fingers, cheeks and knees.
Aug 5, 2021 11:53 AM

Nov 2019
Sweetness Overload. Beautiful animation. Loved the song.
Aug 23, 2022 9:53 AM

Aug 2022
It was Ok I guess. A cute story, although I feel like it was full of hidden meanings that I didn't quite catch, so at the end I felt somehow unsatisfied. I liked the art though, it reminded me of old illustrations I used to see at my grandparents' when I was a kid: it felt nostalgic. And the mini-donkey was funny and adorable!
Sep 14, 2022 8:22 AM

Feb 2021
Poor girl can't catch a break 😭. She had a stroke of bad luck or smth to either get shitty guys or mess something up unintentionally. On top of that, her last date with Yuudai was shitty, to say the least. I pray no one has to go through a bad day like that.

That ugly ass mini donkey was the root cause of this bad day. At least he stopped that playboy from messing around with Chizuru.

"That was really fucking shitty of Yuudai to just get a new gf without even clearing/sorting things out with Chizuru or even calling her again" is what I was about to say but I guess there was a misunderstanding on Chizuru's part too. But I still think Yuudai should have been more transparent. He was kinda vague about this whole situation also, if I'm not wrong, wasn't Miki in her undies when she was at his place? No explanation for that? 🤨

The ending was kinda unclear to me at first but they did show them together post mini donkey's arrival so it's safe to assume that they stuck together after all that.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Marble Chocolate Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Jan 14, 2008

53 by DeonX »»
Sep 14, 2022 8:23 AM

Poll: » MINI DONKEY!!!!

spudnick2010 - Oct 4, 2010

0 by spudnick2010 »»
Oct 4, 2010 11:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.