Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 8, 2014 12:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, that hamburger. I wonder how many calories are in that. Krusty was awesome though. The Apprentice subclass sounds interesting though even though it's not very popular. I think if someone is able to master it, it could be very useful for a party.

Nyanta was pretty cool imo this episode. I wish he would get more screen time but oh well. Akatsuki was cute again this episode I guess. That almost seemed like a mini shopping date. Danger in the air though...not good.
Mar 8, 2014 12:53 AM

Nov 2007
Continuation of the festival. lol @ stamp collection. Princess and megane knight pair again. Seems like NPR messing Akiba (not only for festival, but also documents).

That little girl already changed her sub job as main guy's apprentice. Nice, a way to improve him. Fashion show for Assassin girl. Enemy with creepy face??

Two more eps.
tsubasaloverMar 8, 2014 12:56 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 8, 2014 2:33 AM
Nov 2013
and here we go, economic war.

also, spotted "her" twice!
Mar 8, 2014 3:29 AM

Dec 2009
Darn, Minori has gone ahead and made Shiroe her senpai. :P

Akatsuki as usual looks great.

And it seems there's an underlying sense of economic "attacks" going on by flooding the festival coordinators with work. I wonder who these unseen actors are. :o

Look for Maoyuu cameos in the background, much like the MWAM cameo few episodes back.
Mar 8, 2014 4:53 AM

Dec 2011
Came out of the West? The west is the place where the new magic was developed...

Could the two be connected?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 8, 2014 5:09 AM
Feb 2014
Shiroe pimping all day long with his harem.

Marie like Naotsugu huh?

So much harem here
Mar 8, 2014 5:14 AM

Feb 2013
only two more to go
Mar 8, 2014 5:14 AM
Nov 2013
TThomas said:
Shiroe pimping all day long with his harem.

Marie like Naotsugu huh?

So much harem here

what Marie and Naotsugu have anything to do with "harem"?
Mar 8, 2014 5:20 AM

Mar 2012
Hmm yes and yes looks like they added every little bit of the chapter parts in this episode from volume 5 of the LN even the ones they skipped last week but it would seem they shorten them a bit probably because there pressed for time to finish this last arc.

You see for those who tought that this was going to be fillers, it never was and it wont be it is all connected and each part even the romance will play an even bigger role later.

While the goblin king arc was a Fight for control war, this one will be an economic war at its finest.

I knew from reading the LN that land noble at the end was ugly but the anime made him even more ugly.

I really hope that this series will continue once the anime ends and more material comes out here,s hoping.
Mar 8, 2014 5:29 AM

Jan 2014
i'm hoping for a season 2. I enjoyed this slightly more than I did with SAO. I like Log Horizon's intelligence even though I prefer senseless violence/ romantic drama.

Minori's subclass seems a little OP if you ask me and that noble coming is kinda dumb. i mean if the adventurer's were "violent" they could simply take them outside the city and permanently deal with them, but of course they'll deal with the economic situation the right way. Let's Go shiroe!
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Mar 8, 2014 5:30 AM

Aug 2010
Relaxing and fun ep until the end where the tension starting rising.

Akatsuki was kawaii as usual this ep. Loved her conversation with Naotsugu and how the guardian kept showing up when it senses killing intent XD
Her reaction to "Shiroe is over there" when she wanted to eat her burger was cute :3
Poor her as Shiroe didn't even notice her hairpin and told her she's in the way XD
She was cute in the winter clothes <3

Minori was great this ep too. Nice seeing she's now Shiroe's apprentice. She's already OP in scribing it seems XD with how her speed in sorting the documents was XD

Marie was so adorable when she was pouting and having a tantrum XD This woman is too cute :3 And how she wanted to take a bath hearing Naotsugu is coming was cute. Seems like she really is feeling something romantically toward him hehe ^^
Hara Yumi really knows how to make her adorable-ness show :)

Henrietta also noticing her feelings for Shiroe XD Her blush was cute :3
And how she described Akatsuki as a puppy was lol

Lenessia's part was cute and fun as usual with how Krusty suddenly appeared behind her and her reaction XD Also how she was trying to get closer to him on the couch >.< Kawaiii :3

Nyanta being BA was nice ^^

Isaac and Krusty's talk was interesting. They both respect Shiroe quite a lot.

Loved the part when Shiroe owned that guy stopping his punch with a finger hehe.

Shit is getting real at the end. I wonder what Shiroe found out with the info he got?

That Lord Marves looks pure creepy O_O

Is that bastard doing what I think he is (sniffing Lenessia's hair) in the pv???
Kick his f****n ass Krusty!!!
Mar 8, 2014 5:47 AM

Aug 2013
Marie and Naotsugu ship full speed ahead! Hopefully no iceberg on sight. And honestly, I find Henrietta attractive. Must be the glasses.

Rudy is still stuck in the dog-zone but hey, it's pretty clear at this point that Isuzu's his pack leader :D

"Nyaa~. Now I get how Serara feels. It actually made my heart skip a tiny bit haha. Serara's voice never fails to make me smile. It's probably why I like Zveda so much.

Shiroe stopping that PoL's punch was BA. I was half-expecting for thorns to sprout from the ground tbh lol.

Ahh down to two episodes...the time when I can finally read the LN is coming. I'm excited but at the same I'm already feeling the soon-to-end blues :( With that said, I (and everybody I guess?) would very much appreciate if the LN readers would tone down on the hints and spoilers. Thank you <3
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 8, 2014 5:58 AM
Feb 2009
oh dear 3 more eps left :/
Mar 8, 2014 6:00 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Marielle and Noatsugu make a cute couple ^_^

Aww Miss Isuzu walks the Golden Retriever, Rudy.

Nyanta-sensei handles those People of the Land like a boss ^_^

Once again Henrietta tricks Akatsuki and this time it's a fashion show. Akatsuki looked pretty in that dress, and I was also looking forward to Shiroe wearing that bear shirt.

Also when Shiroe went to help that girl in the stand and tell him "You will leave, won't you?" the girl in short light purple hair looked a lot like Ryou Fujibayashi from Clannad.

Mar 8, 2014 6:03 AM

Jul 2009
uran10 said:
i'm hoping for a season 2. I enjoyed this slightly more than I did with SAO. I like Log Horizon's intelligence even though I prefer senseless violence/ romantic drama.

Minori's subclass seems a little OP if you ask me and that noble coming is kinda dumb. i mean if the adventurer's were "violent" they could simply take them outside the city and permanently deal with them, but of course they'll deal with the economic situation the right way. Let's Go shiroe!

Like they said, apprentice only allows them to use skills appropiate to their level. That means they can't master it completely, unless they're the highest level and has a teacher who's also the highest level in both the skill and level. And if they can't find a teacher within the subclass they want, it won't be that useful. But i'm curious if there's a limit of how many apprentices one person can have. If there isn't any limit, a guild can have one or a few masters of all subclasses, then the rest can just be apprentices and switch for whatever's necessary right then.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Mar 8, 2014 6:06 AM
Oct 2013
It's "her" again.....
8/10 for this episode
Mar 8, 2014 6:12 AM

Mar 2011
Sooo that's really her <3 <3

And.... Henrietta!!!! You're in the 2nd place after "her" that I support to be w/ Shiroe

Last two epi.~

Mar 8, 2014 6:14 AM
Mar 2014
It's great how this show manages to mix both light-hearted and serious, dramatic plots together without reducing the impact of either. I'm loving how these political things are occurring. Just two episodes left. I've just started with the light novels, and I think they're good, if a bit difficult to read. I'm nowhere near the current arc, though, but it seems promising.
ZurrdroidMar 8, 2014 6:18 AM
Mar 8, 2014 6:35 AM

Oct 2011
The battle for Economic begins OMG!!!!! Creepy guy : 0

Who is this "her"?
Mar 8, 2014 6:37 AM

Apr 2010
Okay I just scanned through the light novel translation at baka-tsuki. I was wondering if this economic attack part part of the series? or just a filler?
Mar 8, 2014 6:45 AM
Nov 2013
AnimeFan500 said:
The battle for Economic begins OMG!!!!! Creepy guy : 0

Who is this "her"?

i dont want to spoil but if u want to know
go read Vol5 Interlude

Mod Edit: Link to copyright material removed.
rodacMar 9, 2014 1:33 AM
Mar 8, 2014 6:48 AM

May 2013
AWESOME ep
Mar 8, 2014 6:53 AM

Sep 2013
So Shiroe's a gambler? An attack on Akibara? Akatsuki in an adorable outfit? TENSION!
Only two episodes left, second season please.
Mar 8, 2014 7:00 AM

Jul 2013
for those who are wondering about minoris subclass apperentice, it basically enables her to learn from all the other subclasses as long as she find someone who teaches her.
the main differences between this and other main subclasses are:

1) she can only learn up to her level of her subclass. therefore she cant craft high lv gear if her subclass lv is not high enough.

2) she can only learn what her teacher already got. if the teacher doesnt have the skills, she cant get them.

3) she cant learn new stuff on her own. everytime she needs a teacher to learn new skills.

4) her subclass only enable basic and few intermediate skills. basically she will never able to craft endgear amor because it will never enable her to do so. to do so, she has to switch to main smithing skill.

5) when she learns skills and switch the subclass again, she keeps the skills she already got and can use in her new subclass. if she for example learned how to craft an amor and switch over to smithing, she still can craft this amor. not sure though about whether she will forget oterh non-blacksmithing skills upon switching.

if you are wondering who is behind the latest economical attack, here few tips for your speculations:

who and how did it happen? what could they possibly gain from this action?
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Mar 8, 2014 7:11 AM

Jun 2013
Goodness, I know Lord Marvis is supposed to be ugly with all that make-up, but his anime version is too creepy! 0.o
Mar 8, 2014 7:23 AM

Nov 2012
so much love in the air! marielle and naotsugu would make a cute couple.
and now it seems after these 2 lighthearted episodes it's getting serious again!!
Mar 8, 2014 7:30 AM

Oct 2011
So we saw the boss for the end of the anime, seems ok

Mar 8, 2014 7:54 AM

Jun 2010
Lol at Shiroe failing to notice Akatsuki's hair clip.

Dat Marie :D

Henrietta's romantic feeling for Shiroe confirmed!

Hime closing the gap of her and Crusty in that chair was also good.

I guess Nyanta x Serara is official now with them dating in that bar?

Shiroe was so badass at the end where he stopped that punch.

Btw Akatsuki's with that dress was so cute. Also I'm glad we're getting some action before the series ends.
rodacMar 9, 2014 1:35 AM
Mar 8, 2014 7:54 AM

Jun 2008
eivanhoe said:
Okay I just scanned through the light novel translation at baka-tsuki. I was wondering if this economic attack part part of the series? or just a filler?

Surprise, There's no filler in Log Horizon. Everything you see from the first episode till now are adapted directly from the Light Novel.

Apart from obvious omissions there are no fillers.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Mar 8, 2014 7:58 AM

Apr 2011
Couples...couples everywhere!
Mar 8, 2014 7:58 AM

Jan 2013
This anime just keeps getting better and better, personally I find it has the perfect balance of comedy, action and theory, while still staying true to the MMO theme. I can relate to it so much due to playing FFXIV atm as an added bonus :D

This has entered my top 5 now! Would love to have seen a nice scene with marie and naotsugu. The pairings are entertaining too :D
Mar 8, 2014 8:09 AM
Feb 2014
Magito said:

Agreed! I would like to see more of the romance between everyone.

Anyway, the tension is so high between the players and NPC. I'm wondering if that new character is an event NPC or something new to the expansion.
5 Centimeters Per Second - Or what I'd like to call as 5 Anime Wallpapers Per Second.
Mar 8, 2014 8:15 AM

May 2013
That guy in the end is really creepy. So Marie has feelings for Naotsugu. That's cool.
Mar 8, 2014 8:20 AM

Dec 2008
Shiroe X Henrietta FTW!!

Damn People of the Land coming into Akihabara to act a fool. Glad Shiroe figured it out, even if it may be too late. Love that brilliant, quick-thinking mind of his. I think Shiroe's brain may actually be an Intel processor.

There was some weird blonde woman occasionaly seen strolling through the festival. I'm wondering if she's the source of the chaos.

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 8, 2014 8:52 AM

Sep 2013
lol Im not sure Naotsugu can handle Marielle in a relationship.

Damn, you guys are sharp, I only spotted that woman once :(
Mar 8, 2014 8:53 AM

Jan 2011
shadedclan said:
Magito said:

Agreed! I would like to see more of the romance between everyone.

Anyway, the tension is so high between the players and NPC. I'm wondering if that new character is an event NPC or something new to the expansion.

Same here. Just only having MCs getting involved in relationships is too mainstream.

Wonder how are the enemies going to attack Akihabara.
I was thinking that it was some virus that was messing with the NPCs.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Mar 8, 2014 9:20 AM

Jun 2012
I knew Henriettta liked Shiroe. Yes!

And it seeems Shiroe didn't listen listen to Tezuka. Don't let your guard down.
Mar 8, 2014 9:27 AM
Jan 2013
Oh, Shiroe, fulfilling his role as a dense harem guy,

Let me guess, that Lord Marves is some kind of virus thing.
Mar 8, 2014 9:37 AM

Jul 2013
Dere Marielle is too cute. Henrietta is finally confirmed to be having feelings for Shiroe.. I wonder which one she loves more, Akatsuki or Shiroe XD

Akatsuki didn't get much focus this season but when she does she turns out to be quite goofy. I wish we had seen this side of hers more often. The part where she so obviously showed her new hairpin and Shiroe failing to notice was hilarious!

The sudden threat was quite unexpected. I was wondering how they are going to close the first season considering these past 2 episodes had been quite slack. I hope they can close it without a cliffhanger.. it hasn't even ended yet but I already can't wait for season 2!!!
Mar 8, 2014 10:03 AM

Feb 2014
lol, dat anti-pvp when akatsuki draw her katana xD

Lord marves, ryuk ??? wkwk his eyes

there's something behind those people of the land, maybe someone controling them ? adventurer ? i think this marves came from another city. jealously about akihabara and start attacking akihabara ? using people of the land ? like dat monk did in susukino ? so many thoughts in my head xD
Mar 8, 2014 10:12 AM

Jul 2012
Yay the plot thickens.

LOOOL
Hannah_Ana said:
Shiroe X Henrietta FTW!!

Yes.
rodacMar 9, 2014 1:37 AM
Mar 8, 2014 10:15 AM
Jun 2010
They really compress and lighten the mood in this episodes.

LazyLuongMar 8, 2014 10:20 AM
Mar 8, 2014 10:23 AM

Mar 2008
I really hope that second season will continue right after this season ends xD
Mar 8, 2014 10:24 AM

May 2012
Shiroe's harem is shaping up nicely . . .

So many fucking ships, what the hell am I watching: The Story of 20 Couples Hooking Up?

Well the ending saved this episode.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Mar 8, 2014 11:02 AM

Jan 2012
Eeeeh I didn't spot 'her' even once... well I'm bad at noticing this kind of stuff...

Didn't know marie liked naotsugu ^^' same with henrietta's crush...
Mar 8, 2014 11:13 AM

Jun 2008
lightXTC said:
So many fucking ships, what the hell am I watching: The Story of 20 Couples Hooking Up?.

Stop exaggerating. So many? let's count
Shiroe x Akatsuki, Minori, Henrieta (that's 3)
Naotsugu X Marielle (1 couple)
Nyanta X Serara (1 couple)
Rudy X Isuzu ( 1 Couple)
Even though they're not, Raynessia x Krusty ( 1 couple)

So how many shipping? just 7 and most of the encounters in this episode only lasted under 1 minute
Learn2Count

Mar 8, 2014 11:21 AM

Aug 2013
They better stop with the fillers, I have the feeling that we've been at the same point for weeks, and it is starting to bore me. 9 --> 8

"They really compress and lighten the mood in this episodes."

What a pitty, it would have made the episode better and more dramatic.
Mar 8, 2014 11:37 AM

Jun 2008
trillo69 said:
They better stop with the fillers, I have the feeling that we've been at the same point for weeks, and it is starting to bore me. 9 --> 8

It's not fucking fillers.
This arc will mostly show the relationship between the Adventures and The Landers after the Goblin King event.

What you are seeing right now is comparable to reading the first 3 chapters of 5th volume of the light novel. And being the early chapters of a new arc, of course there are no "climax", duh...

If you don't like it, be my guest. But this is not a filler, and that is a fact.

Mar 8, 2014 11:57 AM

Mar 2012
Isn't there too much romance mixed with the original story right now? Is not that I don't like it, but romance is not a good genre to mix in this anime. (though I'm a romance sucker, so that's not that bad for me)

trillo69 said:
9 --> 8

Yup, I did the same... Log Horizon is losing quality since around episode 12 :c
Mar 8, 2014 12:01 PM
Jul 2018
Shiroe didn't noticed Akatsuki's hairpin and said she was in the way, poor Akatsuki.

Minori became Shiroe's students.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.