Forum Settings
Forums

[Possible Spoilers] Most Overrated/Underrated Anime V. 2

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (194) « First ... « 121 122 [123] 124 125 » ... Last »
May 11, 2014 1:43 PM

Dec 2012
yhunata said:
Sung-Hwan said:
One Piece is the best selling manga in history if sales mattered. Owned.

Well, whether or not sales mattered, the fact that One Piece is the best selling manga in history isn't gonna change anytime soon. Not by a long shot.

Believe in AssClass!

Well it's not gonna change because the manga is not gonna finish for another 10 years. Which is kinda unfair but oh well.

Sung-Hwan said:

From a personal standpoint, I doubt anyone would argue Naruto could match OP in terms of quality as well.

I would and I have.

Naruto > HxH > Some other battle anime> FMA:B > a lot of other battle anime > One Piece
May 11, 2014 1:44 PM

Jun 2011
tsudecimo said:
yhunata said:
Sung-Hwan said:

Well, whether or not sales mattered, the fact that One Piece is the best selling manga in history isn't gonna change anytime soon. Not by a long shot.

Believe in AssClass!

Well it's not gonna change because the manga is not gonna finish for another 10 years. Which is kinda unfair but oh well.

AssClass needs an anime. I'm surprised it doesn't have one yet... though with it's current amount of chapters one should be announced sooner or later.

May 11, 2014 1:45 PM

Sep 2012
Archadian said:
Sung-Hwan said:

Only because of shit load of volumes released, never had the power of DBZ. Double-owned.

Tbh, Dragon Ball had re-editions that increased its sale. Also, there are a lot of mangas who are lengthier than One Piece, they didn't sell as much. Kochi Kame is an example. Triple-owned.
May 11, 2014 1:46 PM

Jun 2011
SetsukoHara said:
Archadian said:
Sung-Hwan said:

Only because of shit load of volumes released, never had the power of DBZ. Double-owned.

Tbh, Dragon Ball had re-editions that increased its sale. Also, there are a lot of mangas who are lengthier than One Piece, they didn't sell as much. Kochi Kame is an example. Triple-owned.

Or Golgo 13, Hajime no Ippo and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (if you add up all the parts).

May 11, 2014 1:46 PM

Nov 2010
SetsukoHara said:
Archadian said:
Sung-Hwan said:

Golgo has been going weekly since 1968 and is only third IIRC.
May 11, 2014 1:47 PM

Dec 2012
Kochi Kame big sale number is a result of mostly length. Same can be said about Golgo 13.

But One Piece has best sales and length. It might possibly create an unbreakable record when it ends.

Sep 2012
SolBlade said:
tsudecimo said:
yhunata said:
Sung-Hwan said:

Believe in AssClass!

AssClass needs an anime. I'm surprised it doesn't have one yet... though with it's current amount of chapters one should be announced sooner or later.

I don't know when it will start, but I'm sure it was already announced.

Jan 2014
SetsukoHara said:
Archadian said:
Sung-Hwan said:

I know, but comparing the 40 or something volumes of both... DBZ sold more. One Piece beat the record after releasing like 60...

An impressive figure would be Harry Potter beating James Bond franchise by the time they got 5 or 6 movies.

Oct 2013
Attack on titan only has 13 volumes and it already sold over 40 million manga copies in Japan. Too bad it wont last long like naruto or one piece.
May 11, 2014 1:49 PM

Dec 2012
keragamming said:
Attack on titan only has 14 volumes and it already sold over 40 million manga copies in Japan. Too bad it wont last long like naruto or one piece.

Don't worry the author might decide to milk it like Oda did with one piece ( 5 years lol)
May 11, 2014 1:53 PM

Jan 2014
keragamming said:
Attack on titan only has 13 volumes and it already sold over 40 million manga copies in Japan. Too bad it wont last long like naruto or one piece.

With the new weird plot twists I think he's already planning on milking that cow.
May 11, 2014 1:54 PM

Jun 2011
Archadian said:
keragamming said:

With the new weird plot twists I think he's already planning on milking that cow.

(manga spoilers)

May 11, 2014 1:55 PM
Jul 2013
Kishimito is going to set up Orochimaru as the new villain. That's milking.
May 11, 2014 1:57 PM

Jan 2014
Sung-Hwan said:

Yeah but seeing how he ruined him with and replaced him with these new crappy villains, bring him back is just going back to the old days... and redeem him :)
May 11, 2014 1:58 PM

Jun 2011
Sung-Hwan said:

Orochimaru is probably my favorite villain in the series, so I say it's a good thing.
It'll be the return of Michael Jackson.

May 11, 2014 1:58 PM

Jul 2013
I like how if you don't accept SnK is a flawless masterpiece kera is gonna listen to you
May 11, 2014 2:00 PM

Oct 2013
Archadian said:
keragamming said:

What weird plot twist? also if you've been reading the latest chapters you would realise everything is connected from early chapters. He's not milking the series.

Dec 2012
Sung-Hwan said:

5 years.

Jan 2014
SolBlade said:
Sung-Hwan said:

Orochimaru is probably my favorite villain in the series, so I say it's a good thing.

If he gets some lame ass flashback about how he was driven to evil I'll fly to Tokyo and murder Kishimoto
May 11, 2014 2:01 PM

Jan 2014
keragamming said:
Archadian said:
keragamming said:

What weird plot twist? also if you've been reading the latest chapters you would realise everything is connected from early chapters. He's not milking the series.

Not recent chapters, but the ones just a bit after where the anime ended... those two.. giant... plot twists..

Kinda went semi-retard there.
And don't tell me how it was "foreshadowed", if it doesn't make sense, even telling me in chapter 1 isn't gonna make it better
May 11, 2014 2:02 PM

Jun 2011
Archadian said:
SolBlade said:
Sung-Hwan said:

If he gets some lame ass flashback about how he was driven to evil I'll fly to Tokyo and murder Kishimoto

Plot twist: Kubo took over ever since the war started. And he's got Kishimoto as a hostage until Naruto ends.

tsudecimo said:
Sung-Hwan said:

5 years.

6 years.

Oct 2013
Archadian said:
keragamming said:
Archadian said:
keragamming said:

Not recent chapters, but the ones just a bit after where the anime ended... those two.. giant... plot twists..

Kinda went semi-retard there.

um.... You do know that when those chapters were release, the manga wasn't even popular. Right? -__-
Jul 2013
SolBlade said:
Sung-Hwan said:

I mean, not only does Kishimito get to make more money, I doubt Orochimaru can sit still or be redeemed. This is the guy who committed acts of mass terrorism and murder. He killed like what, fifty children? He will also corrupt Sasuke and we get a spinoff or sequel to the series.
May 11, 2014 2:04 PM

Oct 2013
hybreezy said:
I like how if you don't accept SnK is a flawless masterpiece kera is gonna listen to you

You still have me up for saying fate/zero isn't all that?

Jun 2011
Sung-Hwan said:
SolBlade said:
Sung-Hwan said:

I mean, not only does Kishimito get to make more money, I doubt Orochimaru can sit still or be redeemed. This is the guy who committed acts of mass terrorism and murder. He killed like what, fifty children?

I think it was 60, if you're referring to

Jan 2014
keragamming said:

It was popular. Not as popular as the anime made it, but if you were following manga regularly, it was the "shit" that everyone's going crazy about.
TyrelMay 11, 2014 3:40 PM
May 11, 2014 2:06 PM
Jul 2013
Child murderers can't be redeemed. He will turn evil again.
May 11, 2014 2:07 PM

Jan 2014
Sung-Hwan said:
Child murderers can't be redeemed.

Everyone CAN be redeemed, but if it's as corny as Pain or Kabuto...then nah.

I honestly like Orochimaru better as the complete asshole all the way.
May 11, 2014 2:10 PM

Oct 2013
Archadian said:

Really? Shocking. O.o What was I doing with my life, to not know about this masterpiece series.
May 11, 2014 2:11 PM

Jan 2014
keragamming said:

It's not much...
Plot is okay I guess.
May 11, 2014 2:13 PM

Apr 2013
The quote towers, where is mellow?

I'm looking at the score for akuma no riddle, and it's way too low. I'd say it's about the same quality as Mirai Nikki, yet it's rated significantly lower, which I can't understand. Were people simply mad at the lack of Yuri?
May 11, 2014 2:14 PM

Oct 2013

To you. To me it's the best piece of work I have ever read/watched.
May 11, 2014 2:14 PM

Feb 2012
keragamming said:

Really? Shocking. O.o What was I doing with my life, to not know about this masterpiece series.

Your manga list lacks many good ones. Have you read tower of god?
May 11, 2014 2:16 PM

Oct 2013
Cupquake said:

I'm looking at the score for akuma no riddle, and it's way too low. I'd say it's about the same quality as Mirai Nikki, yet it's rated significantly lower, which I can't understand. Were people simply mad at the lack of Yuri?

No likeable characters. I drop it around the 3rd episode. I also don't like anime that has only one gender in the series.
May 11, 2014 2:16 PM

Jan 2014
keragamming said:

To you. To me it's the best piece of work I have ever read/watched.

Then read/watch more :P
May 11, 2014 2:17 PM

Apr 2011
Cupquake said:

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that the two retarded MCs probably get in the way of others enjoying it.

Oct 2013
Chill_ said:
keragamming said:

I read only 6 chapters. It's decent 6/10. At the moment, it may get better.
Jul 2013
Aku no Hana is underrated not only due to trolls on MAL, but also in Japan.
May 11, 2014 2:18 PM

Feb 2012
keragamming said:
Chill_ said:
keragamming said:

It gets. Story gets more interesting than SnK.

Also have you read oyasumi punpun?
May 11, 2014 2:19 PM

Oct 2013
Sung-Hwan said:
Aku no Hana is underrated not only due to trolls on MAL, but also in Japan.

The anime sucks because of the shitty art. The manga is awesome. I don't thinnk the manga is underrated though.
May 11, 2014 2:19 PM

Jul 2013
keragamming said:
hybreezy said:

You still have me up for saying fate/zero isn't all that?

I really don't care about that I was just doing catch up seeing you "lol" at anyone with criticism towards SnK.
May 11, 2014 2:20 PM

Dec 2012
keragamming said:
I don't thinnk the manga is underrated though.

It deserves a 8+ rating. Which it will probably get when it ends.
May 11, 2014 2:21 PM
Jul 2013
Zergneedsfood said:
keragamming said:
The anime sucks because of the shitty art. The manga is awesome. I don't thinnk the manga is underrated though.

Art =/= animation.

Lol I know right

Apr 2013
keragamming said:
Cupquake said:

No likeable characters. I drop it around the 3rd episode. I also don't like anime that has only one gender in the series.

Well, it's Yuri, so that's to be expected...

Mirai Nikki had Yuki, one of the most annoying and poorly written characters in the history of anime. No character in akuma no riddle comes close to him in terms of terribleness.

Both Mirai Nikki and akuma no riddle should attract the same kind of fans as well, once again making me wonder at it's low rating,

Oct 2013
Chill_ said:
keragamming said:
Chill_ said:
keragamming said:

No I haven't, just read the Synopsis it sounds interesting. I'll put it on my plan to watch list. Thnx.
May 11, 2014 2:22 PM

Feb 2012
keragamming said:
Chill_ said:
keragamming said:
Chill_ said:
keragamming said:

No I haven't, just read the Synopsis it sounds interesting. I'll put it on my plan to watch list. Thnx.

Np.
May 11, 2014 2:23 PM

Apr 2013
yhunata said:
Cupquake said:

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that the two retarded MCs probably get in the way of others enjoying it.

Eh...I kind of like their relationship, though Haru is kind of annoying.

Still though...Mirai Nikki....I can't get over this

Are there that many Yuno fanboys?
May 11, 2014 2:23 PM

Oct 2013
Sung-Hwan said:
Zergneedsfood said:
keragamming said:

Art =/= animation.

Lol I know right

My bad. Jeez. x.x
May 11, 2014 2:24 PM

Apr 2011
Cupquake said:
yhunata said:
Cupquake said:

Eh...I kind of like their relationship, though Haru is kind of annoying.

Still though...Mirai Nikki....I can't get over this

Are there that many Yuno fanboys?

Apparently, they can't get over how crazy she is. I'm gonna go ahead and make another guess that they've not seen Black Lagoon.
May 11, 2014 2:25 PM

Oct 2013
Cupquake said:
keragamming said:
Cupquake said:

Well, it's Yuri, so that's to be expected...

Mirai Nikki had Yuki, one of the most annoying and poorly written characters in the history of anime. No character in akuma no riddle comes close to him in terms of terribleness.

Both Mirai Nikki and akuma no riddle should attract the same kind of fans as well, once again making me wonder at it's low rating,

Well, I like mirai nikki. But maybe it's because of Yuki. ;)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (194) « First ... « 121 122 [123] 124 125 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime that you started watching because of Social Media

ST63LTH - 12 minutes ago

1 by SkyfallStar »»
5 seconds ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9072 by animeboilolz »»
3 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 7 hours ago

13 by epidemia78 »»
11 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase? ( 1 2 )

Catalano - Apr 25

52 by LNW_R92CP »»
12 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 10 hours ago

25 by Miyamotodex23 »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.