Do you think Hitagi is a Tsundere?
Yes
35.3%
No
64.7%
883 votes
Aug 22, 2009 12:29 AM
Feb 2009
Now, I know she classifies herself as a tsundere, but I just don't see her as one.
What do you think?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 22, 2009 12:45 AM

Jul 2008
By the general definition, I would have to go with no. The reason I say so is because she seems to have quite the resolve when talking about her relationship with Araragi. Though she does have some qualities of a tsunderekko(generally cold, occasional endearing statement), she doesn't have that trademark conflicted attitude about her relationship with the loved one.
Aug 22, 2009 12:48 AM

Apr 2007
senjougahara is senjougahara
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2009 1:11 AM

Aug 2009
From what I see she seems like sadism.. lawl
[right]

Aug 22, 2009 12:17 PM

Sep 2008
Oshino calls her "Tsundere-chan", but she's rather blunt about things...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2009 1:19 PM

Mar 2009
No. She's not conflicted at all with her feelings; she knows exactly what she feels, and what her relationship is. Her personality is like that of a tsundere, though.
"When he will, the weary world
Of the senses closely curled
Like a serpent round his heart
Shakes herself and stands apart."
- A.C., Equinox I/I
Aug 23, 2009 4:12 AM

Jul 2009
Neverender said:

No one can ever replace Senjogahara. ^_^

Close the world,
.txƎᴎ ɘht ᴎɘpO
Aug 23, 2009 8:10 AM

Aug 2008
-Secret- said:
Neverender said:

Who's Senjogahara?

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Aug 23, 2009 8:12 AM

May 2008
She's a mixture of Kuudere, Yandere, and Tsundere.
She hits on a weird borderline between Yandere and Tsundere even though the two are near opposites on some scales.
And it works because it has Kuudere as it's mediator.

Which ought to make me like her, considering she's basically all favorite anime characters traits I can think of I like if I described them.
She's Kuudere. Which is my favorite overall type. She's Yandere, my close second favorite type. And she's got the assertiveness of a Tsundere minus the relationship shyness of one(avoiding the people they like, avoiding showing affection to people they like), she's assertive romantically as well, instead of resistive.

And yet I like Kanbaru Suruga better, mysterious.
I suppose it means the mixture obviously matters.
A mixture of at least Kuudere and Yandere would have the potential to be a perfect blend of everything I like in personality. But there are some difficult factors to sort out in the mix for it to blend perfectly into what I find true awesome.

If I ever write a manga, like a webcomic or something, I'll definitly make my perfect Kuudere and Yandere mix person.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Aug 26, 2009 5:22 AM

Mar 2009
hahaha who voted no, my goodness!!! XDD
Aug 26, 2009 7:11 AM

Jul 2009
Plun said:
-Secret- said:
Neverender said:

Who's Senjogahara?

Wiki lists her name as "Senjōgahara" plus translating her name, 戦場ヶ原, says that it's Senjogahara not Senjougahara so I'm not really sure why subers put it that way or which is correct, though I generally trust Wikipedia on these matters.
Also her fan club says Senjogahara.....

Close the world,
.txƎᴎ ɘht ᴎɘpO
Aug 26, 2009 7:49 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
-Secret- said:
Plun said:
-Secret- said:

Who's Senjogahara?

Wiki lists her name as "Senjōgahara" plus translating her name, 戦場ヶ原, says that it's Senjogahara not Senjougahara so I'm not really sure why subers put it that way or which is correct, though I generally trust Wikipedia on these matters.
http://www.bakemonogatari.com/chara/

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 26, 2009 8:24 AM

Sep 2008
No, not tsundere; just crazy.
InevitableAug 26, 2009 8:31 AM
Aug 26, 2009 9:04 AM

Jul 2009

And that one has Senjyogahara! >_>
So now we have 3 different spellings of her name......
Senjyogahara
Senjougahara
Senjōgahara
Which is the correct one?! >_<

Close the world,
.txƎᴎ ɘht ᴎɘpO
Aug 26, 2009 9:17 AM

Apr 2009
probably senjyogahara then, cause that's official...
after all they based it in the original material of the novels
Aug 26, 2009 11:04 AM

May 2008
-Secret- said:
"Senjōgahara" not Senjougahara

They're the same word.
ō is another way of romanizing u.
u is actually more proper since う is it's own character.

It's そえんじょがはら、 not せんじがはら。
-Secret- said:

Senjyogahara
Senjougahara
Senjōgahara

All three are fine.

You're really getting caught up on a very tiny aspect of romanization.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Aug 27, 2009 12:03 AM

Apr 2007
ukonkivi said:
She hits on a weird borderline between Yandere and Tsundere even though the two are near opposites on some scales.

Which ought to make me like her, considering she's basically all favorite anime characters traits I can think of I like if I described them.
She's Kuudere. Which is my favorite overall type. She's Yandere, my close second favorite type. And she's got the assertiveness of a Tsundere minus the relationship shyness of one(avoiding the people they like, avoiding showing affection to people they like), she's assertive romantically as well, instead of resistive.

Dead-on.
Aug 30, 2009 8:37 AM

Mar 2009
ukonkivi said:
-Secret- said:
"Senjōgahara" not Senjougahara

They're the same word.
ō is another way of romanizing u.
u is actually more proper since う is it's own character.

It's そえんじょがはら、 not せんじがはら。
-Secret- said:

Senjyogahara
Senjougahara
Senjōgahara

All three are fine.

You're really getting caught up on a very tiny aspect of romanization.

yup, stupid romanization stuff.
although i don't think senjogahara is correct.
withouth the line thingy.
with the thingy it's fine
Aug 31, 2009 10:19 PM

Mar 2008
I dont really care to say the turth, but the name Tsundere-chan suits her

Put down the stapler ! keke
Coming soon!
Sep 1, 2009 6:31 AM

Feb 2008
-Secret- said:

Senjyogahara
Senjougahara
Senjōgahara
The first one is wrong, the other two are fine. Just because the official site has it doesn't make it correct, the Japanese routinely fail at the latin/roman alphabet and romanization, just like we do at the Japanese alphabet.
Sep 1, 2009 6:34 AM

Jul 2009
I more think of her as a Tyrant..
Sep 1, 2009 7:01 AM

Feb 2008
inB4 Holo > Horo
Sep 3, 2009 3:56 PM
Dec 2008
senjougahara is in my opinion the best character in the show. SHE is AWSEOME! he he.

i was thinking in starting a new topic just to say this but decided not to :P

I would like to have someone love me like that :P
Sep 3, 2009 4:08 PM

Jul 2009
bennyaltuca said:
I would like to have someone love me like that :P
oh.. that might be very dangerous....
Sep 10, 2009 7:59 AM

Dec 2007
Laevantein said:
I more think of her as a Tyrant..

Aye... Someone who calls herself a tsundere is definitely not one. She's more of a tyrant, perhaps a little sadist as well. Who else could go "Kukuku, panties FLASH! ENJOY!~~" (albeit with less enthusiasm.)
Sep 10, 2009 8:53 AM
Sep 2008
-Secret- said:
Neverender said:

Neverender said:
ukonkivi said:

Dead-on.

Senjougahara is Senjougahara and has all of the personality traits I love yet not quite being any one personality type.
I had a real signature.... but I got tired of it. What should I change it to now?
Sep 10, 2009 10:04 PM

Jul 2007
Senjougahara is not your daily type normal Tsundere. She is way way beyond that level

Normal Tsundere - Narusegawa Naru

Super Tsundere - Katsura Hinagiku

Super Tsundere lvl2 - Shana

Super Tsundere lvl3 - Senjougahara Hitagi

Everyone would agree

Sep 11, 2009 9:27 AM
Jul 2008
No I would say. She isn't like Taiga, Nagi, Shana and that kind. She is different, I think calling her a tsundere is wrong. Still, not completely off.
Sep 14, 2009 2:25 PM

Apr 2007
christinemarie said:
Senjougahara is not your daily type normal Tsundere. She is way way beyond that level

Everyone would agree

what does that even mean
Sep 22, 2009 9:58 PM

May 2007
I was expecting some kind of over 9000 joke.
I'm glad it didn't turn out like that.

Anyway, i belive that so far she's been pretty much a original character, thats why its hard to categorize her on the steriotypical traits out there.

Sure, you can say she has lots of tsundere traits, but still it wouldn't be much to prove that she actually is one.

Actually, the whole tsundere thinggy is a bit critical.

As some of you might know, there are 2 types of tsunderes.
Classic and the Modern one.

Classic (defined before the anime "mainstream" assimilated it).

Starts tsuntsun (cranky, violent and possibly violent) towards the protagonist (and possibly everyone else), due to some reason or another, and over the course of the story falls in love with him/turns deredere (lovestruck) .

While tsuntsun and deredere might conflict, this phase will be over after a short while and progress into straight deredere.

Compare with Coodere. Do not confuse with Modern Tsundere.

Modern
She has one side that is utterly deredere (lovestruck) towards the protagonist (and possibly everyone else).

She has another one that is extremely hostile towards the protagonist (and/or everyone else) and which often will use extreme violence towards him.

She's switch between those two frequently. Expect 2-3 switches within one minute at worst.

Contrast with Classic Tsundere, Coodere and Yandere.

Senjougahara has traits from both, and tends more to the Classical Tsunder after a couple of episodes.
Oct 19, 2009 10:42 AM

Mar 2009
Half-tsundere, thats what makes her so attractive =0 Most tsunderes hit and yell at the main charachter and has a cold personality for example Kannagi ayano from kaze no stigma. I love how Hitagi is Cold yet bold about her relationship to araragi
Oct 22, 2009 2:51 PM
Feb 2009
id hav to say no hehe
Nov 8, 2009 11:42 AM

Jun 2008
I really can't see her as one, she isn't quick to get angry like normal Tsunderes, and usually will talk things out before getting physical. Plus, she isn't small? :P I kid!
Nov 8, 2009 5:07 PM
Apr 2008
She's not tsundere. Just a little sadistic.
Nov 19, 2009 8:21 AM

Apr 2009
I like that she isn't a definite tsundere, yandere or kuudere. She's an original character.
Dec 2, 2009 1:20 PM
Dec 2008
she is the worst case of tsundere in the world
yea shes more like crazy
Dec 8, 2009 2:23 PM

Nov 2007
hanabira said:
I like that she isn't a definite tsundere, yandere or kuudere. She's an original character.

Agreed
Dec 8, 2009 11:53 PM

Aug 2009
No, I will not consider her as Tsundere. She is really hard to put in those character stereotypes, since... she is not stereotypical at all.

I consider her as... weirdo.
Dec 10, 2009 2:34 PM

Feb 2008
Darn, I accidentally voted Yes, when I meant No.
She is definately no Tsundere. No compensative behavior as a response to things that might "open her up", no typical Tsun, only Deredere once in episode 2. So basically she is fully aware of her feelings and openly shows it most of the time.
Araragi described her perfectly with "Tundra" (basically meaning cold, if you didn't know) for acting cold so much.

Still, Hitagi is <3

Dec 11, 2009 2:11 AM

Jun 2009
No...

I think more Kuudere or yandere even Sadist ~maybe~^^
Dec 25, 2009 11:39 PM
Feb 2009
IZUMI64 said:
No...

I think more Kuudere or yandere even Sadist ~maybe~^^

Looks like we have an Esudere
Apr 24, 2010 1:56 PM
Oct 2008
Yes. It doesn't seem like she is because she doesn't bounce around between cartoonish extremes.
Apr 27, 2010 12:37 AM

Oct 2009
christinemarie said:

Everyone would agree

Not one bit.

Why are we trying so hard to classify characthers into such useless "stereotypes"? As far as I know, characthers are better off being different that solidly falling into one of those "stereotypes".

Senjougahara -- who the hell cares if she's a tsundere or kuudere or yandere; she's awesome and that's it.
Apr 27, 2010 3:07 AM

Nov 2008
i never seen her dere before.
Dec 19, 2011 3:48 AM

Jan 2010
Honestly, I heard people told that Hitagi is a tsundere and many people like her a lot, so I never plan to watch Bakemonogatari. (because I hate tsunderes). But this show is quite popular and I decided to watch it. And I'm glad I did.

And I'm so happy...
I found out that..
She is not a tsundere, if she is, I will definitely hate her, but I'm not. She is a sadist, and loyal, blunt, maybe a yandere because she tell Araragi, if he die she will kill the one who killed him. That sounds pretty yandereish to me. So, if I will classify her, I think she is a yandere. And a sadist.

She act tsundereish once when Araragi ask her to help him looking for Shinobu, She told that she won't go anywhere. And before hung up, she told "Tsundere service" and the next word she said definitely the famous tsundere line...."It's not that I worry about you, but bla bla bla" This is clear that she did it on purpose. She isn't a tsundere. Her real self is like a yandere and sadist just like I said before.

Tsunderes are sucks.

Hitagi is great.
Jan 22, 2012 9:30 PM

Oct 2011
CCCrazyFangirl said:
Honestly, I heard people told that Hitagi is a tsundere and many people like her a lot, so I never plan to watch Bakemonogatari. (because I hate tsunderes). But this show is quite popular and I decided to watch it. And I'm glad I did.

And I'm so happy...
I found out that..
She is not a tsundere, if she is, I will definitely hate her, but I'm not. She is a sadist, and loyal, blunt, maybe a yandere because she tell Araragi, if he die she will kill the one who killed him. That sounds pretty yandereish to me. So, if I will classify her, I think she is a yandere. And a sadist.

She act tsundereish once when Araragi ask her to help him looking for Shinobu, She told that she won't go anywhere. And before hung up, she told "Tsundere service" and the next word she said definitely the famous tsundere line...."It's not that I worry about you, but bla bla bla" This is clear that she did it on purpose. She isn't a tsundere. Her real self is like a yandere and sadist just like I said before.

Tsunderes are sucks.

Hitagi is great.

I agree with this completely. I definitely thought of her as a sadist with yandere characteristics. Don't think she's a tsundere at all. What the heck was Oshino smoking? XD

Jan 25, 2012 1:51 PM

Apr 2011
What tsundere would call herself a tsundere anyway? By all means, no!
Jan 25, 2012 1:53 PM
Jul 2018
She isn't.
Jan 25, 2012 1:54 PM
Nov 2010
No, she isn't a tsundere
Nov 2, 2014 5:18 AM
Jun 2014
-Secret- said:
Plun said:

Who's Senjogahara?

it's both. 戦場ヶ原 in romaji is Senjougahara, but it's easier to take out the u cause it's silent.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 3, 2009

510 by deem0n »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

» Watch Order 2024?

GoCrayzee - Jan 27

26 by gauravb28 »»
Apr 23, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

loghneckbeard - Jun 25, 2010

518 by wimpis »»
Apr 21, 6:15 AM

» Renai Circulation ost

DexterDrubo - Apr 19

5 by hsayal »»
Apr 21, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 17, 2009

357 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 19, 7:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.