Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Sep 10, 2009 9:54 PM

Sep 2008
Another great episode. I really like the way this is going :D Nice killing style heh.
Kanon and Jessica's death scene was kinda sad. Although I'm wonder what that thing that came out of his hand was o__o;;
I'm really liking this series a lot. I should find a way to read the VN... *adds Umineko to my endless list of VNs to read*
Oct 9, 2009 3:07 AM

Jul 2007
That red-text-thing was really stupid -_- Decent episode, other than that.. even though I don't really like how this shows' plot turns out.
Oct 26, 2009 8:05 PM
Apr 2009
WTF GOATS?

Also, doesn't it look like when Ed (Elric) transmutes his arm into a weapon?
Shiny Tuxedo Goat Alchemists FTW!
Nov 8, 2009 10:00 AM

Jul 2008
Umm, . . . goats. Beatrice has some power I guess.
Nov 11, 2009 7:21 PM

Dec 2008
Nice counter Battler somehow thought of in order to support his belief that witches don't exist. Lol, red text flying everywhere on the screen was great though. Eager to see what happens next.
Nov 16, 2009 2:33 PM

Nov 2007
stupid censorshit, red letters gave a glimp of comedy :P
Nov 20, 2009 8:26 PM

Apr 2009
Delicious Stakes.
ROFL. Goats.

"Free Falcon Punch for Everybody!"|Nani?|MCC Badge|
Jan 2, 2010 2:45 PM

Aug 2009
What the fuck is going on? Bulls with blade that came out of nowhere? Daggers that turns into girls? Lmfao, I don't get it at all. So basically, Beatrice exists.

It's good to see Kanon changing right after he died. He admitted that he isn't a furniture anymore. Too bad he died, again. Also, yea Beatrice got owned. +1 for Battler because he figured that you can do that crime without magic.

Plus, I don't get all these meta thing. It's probably in the VN or something. I also don't get this game. So basically, Beatrice is bored so she's messing up with their lives?
Feb 3, 2010 6:25 PM

Aug 2008
I like the idea of the stakes of purgatory. :D
I wonder what would happen to Kanon's corpse.
Mar 14, 2010 1:59 PM

Aug 2008
omg, at about 16 minute Maria was watching Rika and Hanyuu on TV O________O
pic;

and i kinda wanted to cry when Kanon and Jessica died. and i simply understand why Kanon thought about him as a furniuture earlier.
May 8, 2010 2:46 PM

Nov 2009
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo NOT AGAIN!!! it was really sweet though!!! i love Jessica!!! if i were in this anime shed be like my bff cuz we both love the same guy X3 hmm but if we werent bff's. . .idk haha >=D anyway this is getting pretty interestin... now i know there r others involved... hmm i wonder where Kanon went... and i wonder what his real name is!!! Yiiiiiiiii!!! i wanna no!!! but she had 2 die ='( i wonder what Kanon was... so interesting... but that doesnt mean hes not human!!! K-a-non D'= i feel SO bad 4 him!!!
Mizore951May 8, 2010 2:51 PM
Jul 5, 2010 4:10 AM

Dec 2009
damn censorship ! TwT me wanted to see !!
Aug 7, 2010 3:59 PM

Apr 2010
janeify said:

and i kinda wanted to cry when Kanon and Jessica died. and i simply understand why Kanon thought about him as a furniture earlier.

Same here, heck my eyes started to water at their 'last' scene when he was about to tell her his real name, I wanted to hear it too...
;___;
Now things are getting nasty for Battler. I'm sure he'll find a way.
Sep 18, 2010 7:22 AM

Jan 2008
Eh.
1) Battler is moving around in a meta world, seeing frozen people (including himself) sitting around. Red text is flying around him or what? And he absolutely refuses to believe in magic. Hm.

2) When Kanon made a red, lasersword-like blade appear and started to fight...that was so unfitting?! Okay, at least in my view. It suddenly switched to supernatural action fight scenes. In my eyes, there was just something...wrong. And it wasn't even much of a "wow!"-effect either. More like "... Oh, yeah. Sure."

Haven't read the VN so maybe it was "so much better" or "comprehensible" in there, but in the anime that seemed kind of clumsy.

Only thing I truly liked was the Kanon-Jessica drama. And that's probably just because I'm a hopeless fangirl of (tragic) romance.

Nov 10, 2010 9:11 AM

Jan 2010
...Battler is the most idiotic character I've ever come across. Seriously, who doesn't believe in witches and magic when it's right there in your face?
Also, goats and lightning swords or whatever was stupid as fuck.

I think I'm gonna drop this one.
Dec 5, 2010 10:35 AM

Jul 2009
I understand the red text thing was an important part of the VN so I don't mind it. What was with those people Beatrice summoned though? They didn't really explain that.
Apr 30, 2011 10:20 AM

Mar 2011
IT doesn't need to be censored! Anyone that knows a non-censored version, please please please please tell me!
Jun 13, 2011 5:42 AM
Apr 2010
holypoop said:

Agree. I haven't played the VN, but that was ridiculous. I loved the first arc, but WTF, is this turning to Pokemon or something?
Aug 10, 2011 2:17 AM

Mar 2009
It was supposed to be very good and full of misteries series at the beggining but with every episode it becomes more and more ridiculous...
Oct 25, 2011 8:24 AM

Aug 2010
kuroi_princess said:
It was supposed to be very good and full of misteries series at the beggining but with every episode it becomes more and more ridiculous...

^ This. Also, I literally do not like even one character in the entire show, and especially hate Maria and her bitch mother.
Also, this. v
holypoop said:
...Battler is the most idiotic character I've ever come across. Seriously, who doesn't believe in witches and magic when it's right there in your face?

The
is also seeming more and more like a straight rip-off of Higurashi.
Jan 27, 2012 9:32 PM

Sep 2011
Favorite part:

*Maria laughs*
*Hits* "Don't I always tell you to stop that creepy laugh?! - Rosa

:D
Apr 3, 2012 2:39 AM
Sep 2011
SCARY GOAT CREATURES
Aug 24, 2012 3:30 AM

Jun 2011
Who the fuck refuses to believe in magic when it's staring him in the face? The whole premise is flawed!
Sep 10, 2012 11:26 PM

May 2012
I would NOT let Rosa keep that gun. After all what if the "bad witch" posseses her again O_O abusive mother+shotgun= bad idea.
Sep 11, 2012 2:38 AM

Aug 2009
Dissent said:
Who the fuck refuses to believe in magic when it's staring him in the face? The whole premise is flawed!

The premise is fine.The studio doing the adaption fucked up.
Oct 19, 2012 11:57 AM

Feb 2012
Seriously what was that furniture battle going on between Beatrice and Kanon. It was nice moment that Jessica wanted that Kanon would call himself human and not furniture. Also where did that Kanon get that weapon and did Kinzo made this weapon for him. I am lost in here.

Beatrice's word game was amusing to watch and once Battler found out that someone took Maria's key in the bag when no one wasn't watching. And locked that chapel door later with it. Beatrice's face was really hilariously finally Battler is proceeding in his investigations.

Red text it really is something unique that hasn't been in any series at all.
Great job Studio DEEN.
Apr 22, 2013 6:40 PM

Mar 2013
For all the guys who complain about not believing in witches since its right there...
Battler stated in one of the earlier episodes that witches exist only if you acknowledge them, thats why he is trying to prove to her that she doesnt exist and everything she does could be done by a human.
Jul 26, 2013 6:44 PM

Sep 2011
When i saw Kanon pulling out that red thing i was like "WTF is going on" but that is going to be explained later... at least i hope so...

Shioxus said:
I would NOT let Rosa keep that gun. After all what if the "bad witch" posseses her again O_O abusive mother+shotgun= bad idea.

That's going to prevent Maria from going uh-uh all the time so it's a good idea haha.
Dec 3, 2014 7:35 PM
Dec 2011
this is awesome he broke the first crime ....this is so awesome i love it .... and i love Battler he is epic character :3
Apr 9, 2015 5:33 AM

Apr 2015
I dont understand Battler. He was killed by Beatrice, then he makes the challenge with her, is able to wawtch what happens in another world, Beatrice always vanishes in golden butterflies and now, in this episode, she summoned thos furniture guys with those strange blades out of nowhere and Battler still doesnt want to believe in magic. I can understand that he wants to explain the crimes without magic, but HOW is he going to explain the rest.
Mar 2, 2016 2:08 AM

Mar 2010
This is getting really ridiculous. I can handle the premise of Battler rejecting Beatrice's existence in order to erase her - it requires doublethink, but whatever - yet I'm not sure how I feel about the sudden sword fights, demons designed as cute girls who turn into daggers, red text etc. It feels nonsensical. Still, I'm curious about what happens next.
Dec 31, 2017 1:48 PM

Jul 2010
I was thinking witch makes real things illusion like she is doing magic. But after watching battle i dont understand . How that can explain with reality? I wanan drop this if this show just rubbish like there is really magic effect real world and it is not just illusion
Jan 5, 2018 9:14 AM

Jan 2016
As someone who didin't read the VN... wtf is going on?

With the inclusion of a 'time-loop', it's turn to a more higurashi turn of events, but not even higurashi left me this confused.

If Battler wanted to prove magic doesn't exist and magic did not kill the Ushiomiya family, then why is he suddenly put into a completely different scenario he has to solve? Surely, he would solve just the first scenario, and why isn't he questioning about this?

And after seeing Beatrice, the meta-world, etc. why is he still convinced that magic does not exist and try to prove against it? I guess he's an ignorant person to the extreme, and my questions will be answered later but... sigh.
Jan 29, 2019 12:23 PM

Jul 2014
I'm sure the thing with the red text works well in the visual novel, but here it feels weird.
Mar 19, 2019 1:14 PM

Mar 2016
lol, that incredibly unsubtle Higurashi easter egg playing on the TV that Maria was watching. Uuuuu uuuuu *slap*
Aug 25, 2019 7:47 PM

Jan 2018
wow i'm so bored man, higurashi was much better than this trash. i don't even care about the murders anymore. beatrice sucks too, she's just annoying and waaaay op.
Apr 14, 2021 3:59 AM
May 2019
I kinda felt satisfied when Beatrice killed them both with the girls.. Enough with the furniture lines already..
Jun 25, 2022 9:57 PM
May 2022
I'm finally getting the hang of everything by now. Battler aims to deny Beatrice's magic and existence by using logic to explain the murders (which I think I should've picked up a few episodes ago, but I was still dumbstruck until just now, lol). The meta scenes (as the VN players call it) are giving more of the game feels due to the red truths, and I know it will be an exciting addition to the anime. All the parents died as thefirsts sacrifices, I'm so glad it wasn't Shannon or George. Also, Rosa takes the place of Natsuhi in this arc, and Kanon and Jessica gets offed as the seventh and eighth deaths. They lasted shorter than they did in the first arc but I loved their moments in this arc more. Also, I've said this several times already but why don't they suspect Maria? Like at all? Anyways, I think there are several more people who are aware of the repeating world, which are Maria and Kinzo. I don't know if I remember it correctly but Kinzo said something like "which six have been sacrificed this time", which implies that he knows that there are other timelines where the killings happen.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Dec 22, 2009

665 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.