Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 7, 2014 12:05 AM

Sep 2012
I thought it was interesting that, after having passed through a slaughter and somehow lived (barely, though), it seemed like Kal decided to take on some responsibility in being called "big brother". I think it was more than just Ari chiding him for acting the way he did during the battle (after she got hurt). In way, sitting in bed recuperating, with that little act she gently pushed him one step toward maturation, to be able to deal with what's likely to happen to everyone around them. By acquiescing to being called big brother, he quietly acknowledged that he now perhaps has to shoulder some responsibilities he never had to before.
PleiadesRisingMar 7, 2014 12:11 AM
Mar 11, 2014 7:36 PM

Jun 2012
well that escalated quite quickly. Everything feels pretty rushed, but I'm not surprised since it's a lot to fit into so few episodes.

well besides all the "randies" that died, it seems the recruits took only a small loss (of two). Somehow Ari was bleeding out but made it out "okay" (and by okay, I mean really well pretty quickly).

and speaking in terms of the dogfights and the battle on the ground, I'm pretty glad I don't know much about them, b/c this is anime so the fights seemed a little. . absurd.

Mar 14, 2014 7:43 PM

Jun 2011
That was so bad.. just so bad.. the deaths, foes' unlimited ammo, 5years old dialogue, bad voice acting, and what's left? Oh, plot armor for no one but the main characters. I am not against a series killing off it's character, but do it in a good way instead of this shit.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 16, 2014 3:59 PM

Jan 2011
What did they hope to achieve with that "defensive" circle? The enemy was mostly attacking form above, so wrong direction. And they lost both advantages they had: Six degress of freedom while staying nearly on spot, and being able to shoot at nearly every angle.

Instead they staid at one place, giving up their flexibility in moving, and allowing the enemy to attack from directly above, where they have the least protection.

With the enemy being fixed-wing and fixed-gun, they had to fly huge curves and could only fire straight ahead - easy to avoid with such a dynamic aircraft, compared over traditional dog-fights.

A wonder it took those foxed so long to take them down. Realistically, it would have taken only one run per plane.
Mar 17, 2014 2:17 PM

Aug 2013
It look like the anime team had fun killing off character :P

Damn, Wolf, Marco, Fausto, Mitsuo and maybe other, they didn't go easy on this one.

For a moment there, I thought Ariel wouldn't wake up, but I guess it isn't that dramatic as an anime.

They got totally owned by that other float, but that blue aircraft pilot was pretty OP. Taking down by himself 7 aircrafts, I really wonder who he is.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 23, 2014 11:09 AM

Jun 2011
Whoa, what a mindfuck episode :O Pretty much majority of the characters we've been introduced to over the past 7 episodes died o_O
This is getting so good xD
Apr 5, 2014 8:06 AM

May 2012
Damn that really escalated quickly :| didn't thought so many would die all at once :/ but well for one it's nice that they take the chances in actually killing of characters but still it's sad as some where great like Wolfgang :/

At least Ari is still alive or we would get a total shit development with him being totally emotionally unstable and all... well either way let's see what's next!
May 14, 2014 11:34 PM

Apr 2012
lol bloody hell that's about half the characters gone in just on ep
May 22, 2014 11:30 AM

Dec 2011
Very well done linking Tsuioku and Koiuta...!!
Its exciting for all of us who saw/read the side stories
Aug 17, 2014 8:14 PM

Jun 2009
FAUSTO! WOLFGANG! LIL'BRO MARCO!! T^T

I was so scared for Sharon and Benjamin too.

I wonder who was in the Seagull?
Dec 23, 2014 11:29 PM

Aug 2013
Wow people die in this
Jan 2, 2015 9:25 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Half the cast is gone.

NOT WOLF!!!! He was my favorite character from the show.

Fausto working together with Kal. The two put their differences aside and had a bit of more respect for each other. The way he died was brutal.

Isla was sure left in defeat.

Mar 21, 2019 8:13 PM

Mar 2016
The combat in this anime is so unique and satisfying to watch (I'm no expert but they're obviously taking some extreme liberties). We get to see the results of all that training, and the planes, which have always been interestingly setup with pilot and riflemen, now seem to have some real practical use, even if they are technologically inferior. Knowing this is only 13 episodes, I think the pacing and structure have been pretty spot on.

I think they built this up enough that even if the deaths are obviously plot convenient, which they are, it doesn't feel forced. It would have no impact if we had fighting from the beginning, and since we've had time to spend with the characters there is definitely some tension here. The scene in the hospital room was very sweet and it seems to have put Karl on more solid footing, and perhaps move towards a new direction.

I'm enjoying this. (Realizing only know that I probably fucked up by not watching the related movie first, especially since it came out before this. Oops)
syncrogazerMar 21, 2019 8:28 PM
Jun 14, 2019 7:31 PM

Mar 2019
Another great episode, the aerial combat scenes are so great to watch. Glad his sister was ok in the end, was hard enough losing Mitty and Wolfgang in two episodes.
Pages (3) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Amarrez - Mar 31, 2014

191 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2014

111 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2014

81 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2014

189 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 2:03 PM

» Is it one big love triangle?

Gamewolf - Mar 23, 2014

12 by ZGUEGCHOV »»
Feb 25, 2022 1:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.