Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 25, 2014 12:45 PM

Jun 2013
judals said:
Another pointless episode. Oh let me guess, Kyro's gonna be related to one/some of the characters in there, or even show up himself.

Why even bother with the fanservice with such terrible animation/art? I hate how uninspired the idea of cavendish is.
oh please this is just how one piece is every single arc the start is slow just get over it dude and quit whining about the animation it looks pretty good to me
Feb 25, 2014 2:13 PM

Feb 2014
Bellamy be on some steroid HGH shit. Was he always that tall? Also, really good episode. Looking forward to the next.
Feb 26, 2014 1:33 AM

May 2012
Kind of annoyed Bellamay is alive but I should know by now that nobody dies in One Piece unless they're buried. Not sure if he's gotten taller or if it just seems that way since Luffy is constantly shrinking. Rest of the episode was pretty good.
Feb 26, 2014 2:50 AM

Jan 2014
randy1925 said:
judals said:
Another pointless episode. Oh let me guess, Kyro's gonna be related to one/some of the characters in there, or even show up himself.

Why even bother with the fanservice with such terrible animation/art? I hate how uninspired the idea of cavendish is.
oh please this is just how one piece is every single arc the start is slow just get over it dude and quit whining about the animation it looks pretty good to me

It's slow through and through, and not the good kind of slow, the draggy kind. The story itself is dragging ass with content like this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2014 9:40 AM

Jun 2013
judals said:
randy1925 said:
judals said:

It's slow through and through, and not the good kind of slow, the draggy kind. The story itself is dragging ass with content like this.
Not as slow as naruto and not that many fillers either, besides it might be draggy at first but it always turn out pretty awesome in the end.
Feb 26, 2014 11:31 AM

Jan 2014
randy1925 said:
judals said:
randy1925 said:
judals said:

Not as slow as naruto and not that many fillers either, besides it might be draggy at first but it always turn out pretty awesome in the end.

Naruto can't be slow, it has fillers. It might be bad, but not slow. Let's be fair.
To me one piece is the second slowest manga, and the slowest anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2014 11:35 AM

Jan 2014
judals said:
randy1925 said:
judals said:
randy1925 said:
judals said:

Naruto can't be slow, it has fillers. It might be bad, but not slow. Let's be fair.

Woah woah! Did you even watch the newest episode of HxH? It was just as slow as this, yet you gave it no hate. Could it be that (*gasp*), there's some bias in your thinking? Surprise surprise! :)

I ain't talking about the entire series now, but the individual episodes. Methinks that ye need a little re-evaluating of thine perspective. It be clouded by brine or such.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 26, 2014 11:40 AM

Jan 2014
it wasn't slow actually. A lot of details. You can try to downplay it as you always do, go ahead.

One Piece as an anime is very stretched out. Look at dressrosa, we're not even into the main part of the arc, and it's not because it's being set-up, just random stares and trying to tease things we already know. Who's that pokemonadmiral.

As a manga, it's not as slow, but still the second slowest out of what I (used to) read.

Naruto is a lot more fast-paced. They aren't shying away from moving the plot forward, despite it being the final arc. Not to say it's rushed, however.
Feb 26, 2014 11:47 AM

Jan 2014
judals said:
it wasn't slow actually. A lot of details. You can try to downplay it as you always do, go ahead.

One Piece as an anime is very stretched out. Look at dressrosa, we're not even into the main part of the arc, and it's not because it's being set-up, just random stares and trying to tease things we already know. Who's that pokemonadmiral.

As a manga, it's not as slow, but still the second slowest out of what I (used to) read.

Naruto is a lot more fast-paced. They aren't shying away from moving the plot forward, despite it being the final arc. Not to say it's rushed, however.

Like I said (but I knew you'd obviously ignore as you always manage to miss some detail of what you see ;) I'm talking of the individual episodes and not the series.

Much, much more happened in this one episode of OP than in the latest of HxH, even for the casual observer, yet I even equated them as having the same degree of slowness. But of course OP is always slower to you right?

It's a simple exercise you can do for yourself. List what happened in the HxH episode & list what happened in the OP episode. The results may shock thee.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Feb 26, 2014 11:54 AM

Jan 2014
This episode? Cavendish trying to be funny. Yes. Details.
Feb 26, 2014 11:58 AM

Jan 2014
judals said:
This episode? Cavendish trying to be funny. Yes. Details.

Hahaha! It seems that you missed the parts of the episode that didn't have Cavendish!
I must inform you my friend, it seems that you have fallen for Cavendish's charms just like the women who swoon for him, as you were unable to pay attention to anything else in the episode except him.

Draw your gaze away from his looks that ensnare you so,
though it may not be easy as you swoon from head to toe
and realize that other things happened in the episode as well
Let the information fill and cause your head to swell!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Feb 26, 2014 11:59 AM

Jan 2014
I must inform you my friend, it seems that you have fallen for Cavendish's charms just like the women who swoon for him, as you were unable to pay attention to anything else in the episode except him.

you'd have totally won the argument with that if we were in elementary.
Feb 26, 2014 12:12 PM

Apr 2010
Thread merged

Thread merged with duplicate thread that was made in the wrong board.
Feb 26, 2014 12:25 PM

Jan 2014
judals said:

you'd have totally won the argument with that if we were in elementary.

But I still won it anyway ;)
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Feb 26, 2014 5:08 PM

Jul 2013
RedRoseFring said:
judals said:
randy1925 said:
judals said:
randy1925 said:
judals said:

Woah woah! Did you even watch the newest episode of HxH? It was just as slow as this, yet you gave it no hate. Could it be that (*gasp*), there's some bias in your thinking? Surprise surprise! :)

I ain't talking about the entire series now, but the individual episodes. Methinks that ye need a little re-evaluating of thine perspective. It be clouded by brine or such.
I don't get why people have to bring up Hunter x Hunter and Naruto when what he said had nothing to do with them. As much as I love One Piece, it seems like its fanboys can't address its flaws without trying to change the direction of the argument; they can never keep their arguments relevant. Plus everyone in the world is biased in one way or another, get used to it.

One thing I have learned from people in the One Piece community: If you're going to complain about One Piece then be prepared to have an argument about Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Hunter x Hunter, DBZ, etc.
MinagatachiFeb 26, 2014 5:17 PM
Feb 27, 2014 2:31 AM

Dec 2009
I like Rebecca, I kinda hope she joins the crew. I want some more females. I hope the next two crew mates are girls but I think that's wishful thinking.

I will agree that the animation is crappy. I don't really notice it when i watch it subbed, but re-watching the dubbed episodes (i like to go back and watch the dub, don't hate me but i like the dub more tbh) you can really notice the bad animation.

I haven't been this excited for an arc in a while. I hope it doesn't disappoint!
Feb 27, 2014 6:10 AM

Jun 2013
GennyMon said:
I like Rebecca, I kinda hope she joins the crew. I want some more females. I hope the next two crew mates are girls but I think that's wishful thinking.

I will agree that the animation is crappy. I don't really notice it when i watch it subbed, but re-watching the dubbed episodes (i like to go back and watch the dub, don't hate me but i like the dub more tbh) you can really notice the bad animation.

I haven't been this excited for an arc in a while. I hope it doesn't disappoint!
The eng dub is like at episode 325 of course the animation wouldnt be that good since they were released back in 2007, and yeah hope rebecca will be the next straw hat
Feb 27, 2014 6:42 AM

Jan 2014
Minagatachi said:
RedRoseFring said:
judals said:
randy1925 said:
judals said:
randy1925 said:
judals said:

I don't get why people have to bring up Hunter x Hunter and Naruto when what he said had nothing to do with them. As much as I love One Piece, it seems like its fanboys can't address its flaws without trying to change the direction of the argument; they can never keep their arguments relevant. Plus everyone in the world is biased in one way or another, get used to it.

One thing I have learned from people in the One Piece community: If you're going to complain about One Piece then be prepared to have an argument about Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Hunter x Hunter, DBZ, etc.

He was the one who brought up Naruto, but that's beside the point.
I was SOLELY addressing him because of the similarity between this episode & the HxH one, and the disparity in his views on them.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Feb 27, 2014 7:00 AM

Jun 2011
RedRoseFring said:

He was the one who brought up Naruto, but that's beside the point.
I was SOLELY addressing him because of the similarity between this episode & the HxH one, and the disparity in his views on them.

Well stop going off topic, and RRF, you should stop caring, everyone is trying to put the blame on us OP fans, no matter what we do. This is why I dislike this forum. Some things should be, and could be ignored. You should spend the time reading Tower of God or something else instead.. :)
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 27, 2014 7:29 AM

Jan 2014
judals said:
randy1925 said:
judals said:
randy1925 said:
judals said:

He was the one who brought up Naruto

but I still won anyway ;)
Feb 27, 2014 8:20 AM

Jan 2014
judals said:

"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Feb 27, 2014 9:33 AM

Jan 2014
My post: Yesterday, 11:40 AM
Randy's Yesterday, 9:40 AM
Disregard that and you still mentioned HxH out of nowhere.
Nice try.
Feb 28, 2014 1:45 PM

Oct 2011
Finally a good episode and animation was better
Feb 28, 2014 6:13 PM

Oct 2011
Rebecca <3

So he was an Admiral : 0
Mar 2, 2014 11:52 PM

Jul 2013
okay that Rebecca was hot.. really.. the girls in One Piece is definitely one of the many reasons why I love this anime..

I'm a Christian... but that Jesus is going down..

so hes a new admiral.. that blind dude is... damn

I think these navy shitheads are just trying to kill the fun... but maybe they might make this more interesting..

I salute that Bellamy for treating Luffy like that.. the one who beat the shit out of him with just one punch... he needs to learn a new lesson
Mar 3, 2014 11:52 PM

Apr 2009
Well Cavendish is just petty and vainglorious. Not that I expect anything out of him. XD

Ah there's the navy...uhm marine coat, say hello to Admiral Fujitora!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 19, 2014 4:47 PM

Jun 2013
Well well, every side is planning their own Moves...And New Admiral. I was Pretty Shocked when he was revealed to be admiral in manga. Tough now i am sure that he is based that Zatochi character, both of the are blind samurai, who have their sword in walking stick, and believe in justice.

That Maynard just signed the Beating he is about to have...If You have read the manga you Know how "Missionary's" Captain Bartolomeo Reacts on this!!! Especially when His Idol Is that "Person" (Not going to spoil anything so have to talk like this.)
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Mar 27, 2014 9:45 AM

Dec 2013
WolfWood37 said:
So we got the Burgess reveal, the rest of the Fujitora reveal, Rebecca, Cavendish, and Barty intros, and finally Bellamy...was he always so freaking huge?

No Bellamy wasn't always huge. Apparently he grew like three feet in 2 years Lol

I should have never started reading the manga... Everything feels like its going in slow motion...
Love and Peace!!!
Mar 30, 2014 10:48 AM

Mar 2010
That rubber ball was a good way to mix things up.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 3, 2014 5:53 AM

Dec 2012
"incomparably brutal and crazy rookie,
He roasted some pirates on a skewer and shared the video
and he also bombed innocent civilians
He ranked No.1 in the 'Most annoying pirate who should just go away' competition"
- that was one hell of an introduction LOL
Dec 15, 2014 10:07 PM

Mar 2012
That's some really skimpy battle clothing you got there Rebbecca....
Sep 2, 2015 8:34 AM
Sep 2014
I got a feeling Rebecca has a connection to Kyros.
I got a feeling Rebecca will eat the Mera-Mera Fruit.
Dec 22, 2015 1:15 AM

Jun 2015
Dayum he was a admiral, shit bout to get so real damn
Aug 5, 2016 1:44 AM

Mar 2015
Nice to see detailed updates of everyone, they have never started an arc together in one group anyway
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 5, 2016 2:23 AM

May 2013
I would love to see Cavendish and Duval battle it out for their man beauty self praise rights LMFAO
Nov 24, 2019 12:06 PM

Jun 2016
We started with some Cavendish characterization and his views on the arena. He is clearly prideful of his looks and desires people to see him as beautiful and perfect. His pirates are the “beautiful pirates” for crying out loud and he lacks humility. It’s why he wants to kill Luffy and all of the rookies, they took away his spotlight, he wants Ace’s devil fruit so he can become the star again. Having such an extreme case of narcissism that is offended that a war took away his focus is charming in itself. Plus it leads to hilarious moments like Luffy absolutely ignoring him. We also had Luffy straight up tell them that his name was Luffy but luckily the guys thought he had made a mistake. Cavendish’s words on the reason for the armor weight restriction was that people have pent up anger and frustration and fear and they let it out by seeing the losers blood. Having a prolonged fight with armor would only take away from that.

A side effect of the weight limit making everyone half naked is that is gives justification to the criticized boob armor of Rebecca that even I knew about! I love how crafty Oda is to give such skimpy armor a justification, and let’s be fair, most creators don’t even go that far! Rebecca herself is interesting, we know she’s linked to the one legged toy soldier, and upon having some solidarity with Luffy over admiring Kyros she sheathed her cold demeanor and warmed up to him almost instantly. Seeing how the others mock her and she struggles to push past that, having Luffy treat her so normally would be another good reason for her kindness, a confirmation that he’s a good person beyond the Kyros interest and him even beating up her bully Spartan. She was said to be undefeated by someone and she also suggested that this is her last time competing. She wants the devil fruit to kill Mingo, it seems he has hurt her in some way. To tell Luffy this in Doflamingo’s territory shows she had some real trust in him. And above all else, this mysterious fable of Kyros who went undefeated, only taking one slash, and vanished after 3000 wins gives me Noland vibes. This isn’t a case of people doubting Kyros, they have a fascination with him to build a statue, but with Rebecca seeing Luffy’s interest as a means to speak to him and with her looking at the statue before leaving as if it was her conviction embodied, I take she has a deep connection to this Kyros that Luffy happens to have dressed like.

The next scene showcased Jesus Burgess, one of the emperor Blackbeard’s men; the fighting champion, destroying his competition. When I first saw the paper bag I thought he was not going to be important, that he’d be a throw away design, yet as soon as I realized he would be an important figure I recognized his look. This is a fitting place for a man who loves to fight, and as the Doflamingo family works under a warlord, well, here’s a man that may class higher than them, at least in title. What I love about this is that Blackbeard’s crew has forever been pretty under characterized, they are a weirdo rag tag group that we only know about on the surface level. Having Burgess be characterized is something I am eager for. It led to Franky seeing the threat of this competition and trying to leave with the one legged toy soldier tackling him with some urgency, but with him lacking knowledge on the factory, Franky did some class Franky behavior. He threatened to kick his ass! But I presume when and if the sob story about Rebecca comes out he will loosen up and help him.

It was here that Maynard and the navy were fully exposed to the audience. Firstly with Fujitora casually sitting in the crowd without attracting attention it can be understood that he is not well known by appearance. Perhaps he is new or it may be as simple as people not knowing what he looks like due to his more subdued approach to things. If either are true it would help to show that only in name he is known which would explain why paying the bills drew attention. I adored the scene when Fujitora left the colosseum, there was this shift that occurred where he went from nice old man helping a little girl to hardened navy admiral and it was done with his coat being put on. His undercover intel work was over, it cuts to his navy coat and this intense track starts to play as he lists off everything he found on his groundwork. With knowledge of the dangerous people in play he lists the amount of ships they need, that they should head to the Doflamingo and Law meeting spot- Green Bit, and that they should focus on the number of people here, not enemies. In one clean moment Fujitora expresses that he is the anti-Akainu. Akainu let navy die that could be saved when the war of the best was over as to kill more enemies. Fujitora is not that way, he focuses on protecting the people he can, they are his priority, not his enemies. The other key navy member we saw as implied is Vice Admiral Maynard “the pursuer”. He is undercover in the colosseum and getting information that way, I would assume at this point he wouldn’t get much out of joining the competition though. One thing we know about him is that he is serious and brutal, cutting down Gambia, a flamboyant pirate that works under the notorious rookie Bartolomeo, who I assume is the guy who caught on to his actions at the end.

To end we had Bellamy recognize Luffy and supposedly Luffy recognized him back which, if true, I find quite shocking. I am half expecting Luffy to have misremembered who he is. Anyways, Bellamy introduces something interesting. I had wondered if he would be in the B side of the battle royale and would win, but I think Bartolomeo is the guy who is set up to do that. Things will become clear once we see whose in what group, but for now I think we can be sure that as Burgess won the A side, Luffy will win the C side, and Rebecca who has been shown great importance will win the D side. As there isn’t enough room for everyone notable to win I assume Bellamy will be in C group to get a rematch with Luffy, and Cavendish and Bartolomeo will be in B group to fight each other. If so, seeing Bartolomeo is in the opening, he’ll most definitely win. That said, having a ton of these guys all together would be a huge chaotic mess and that’d be fun too as much as I doubt that would happen.

As for some speculation, Luffy doesn’t want a stranger to get Ace’s devil fruit. He wants a friend to get it. Rebecca has a bit of a sob story with a link to Kyros, a link to killing Mingo, a link to the toy soldier, and is an emotional underdog due to the people mocking her. Her mission seems grandiose and she seems like a warm person. With this being her final competition, I think either Rebecca could win this or Luffy could win this for her sake and give it to her as they become friends. Could it go that smoothly though? The gamble of who gets this devil fruit, keeping in mind that even the winner could get it stolen from them moments before eating it in some big turn of events, and with the navy exploding onto the scene, I don’t know.
Dec 27, 2019 10:02 PM
Aug 2017
Interesting characters, The new Admiral lis pretty nice aswell, i wonder what kind of relationship he gon make with luffy.
Feb 22, 2021 9:10 AM

May 2016
Cavendish might be an attention whore who'd kill Luffy for petty reasons but he's pretty hot nonetheless.

Rebecca's battle outfit unintentionally showed how limiting the weight restrictions are in there lmao

The Marines undergoing a secret sting operation to arrest all of the notorious outlaws who are participating in the tournament's pretty shady of them but completely understandable. It's a good thing that Luffy hasn't revealed his identity to everyone yet but it looks like Bellamy's seen through his disguise.

Aug 1, 2021 3:42 AM

Jun 2019
Hell yeah... Fujitora's reveal and the whole Navy are here. It's gonna get exciting soon.
Aug 25, 2021 2:44 AM

Aug 2021
I'm Luffy , I'm Gonna Become The king of Pirates

uhhgghh Lucy xDDD

The 1st half was funny and the 2nd half was Navy Going to green bit
Apr 23, 2022 7:41 PM

Dec 2012
I'm really liking this new Admiral. He seems like he has a great sense of justice & is perceptive to the consequences of the Navy's actions in the world.

The Colosseum storyline is really hyping me up. I can't believe I stopped watching OP in the middle of this arc back when it was airing - I can't get enough of it!
May 2, 2023 7:21 PM

Feb 2014
Oh shit, Rebecca is here already, I really thought I would have to wait till Reverie to see her, but she is already here, my second favorite OP girl.
Jun 8, 2023 12:31 PM
Jun 2023
la adrenalina es mucha
Aug 16, 2023 6:36 PM
Oct 2019
Cavendish are hilarious LMAO

The girl and that statue, that's gonna come back for sure.

Also Blind dude was an Admiral?
Navy was undercover on Dressrosa.
Sep 22, 2023 4:49 AM
Oct 2022
Issho seems really cool. I think I can vibe with him like I can vibe with Aokiji.
Sep 25, 2023 10:27 AM
Feb 2022
Siento que Kyrios es el padre de Rebbeca. Esto se esta poniendo bueno. Y Luffy se reencuentra con Bellamy.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1019 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 28, 2022

71 by Marcos-1 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 124 Discussion

VARIAchan - Dec 19, 2009

48 by oozePOP »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1103 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 4

42 by kyledluffy »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 468 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Sep 25, 2010

95 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 868 Discussion ( 1 2 )

SamBlack - Jan 12, 2019

82 by FedeMetal »»
Yesterday, 9:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.