Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2009 5:32 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I wonder if "god" is an artificial intelligence/super weapon, an alien, or a good old fashion demon. my money is on the Xenogears rip off atm, but its still too early to be sure.

bye bye Leo, we'll probably see you again near the end of the series when you make an Heroic Entrance (maybe).

wonder if Zefiris' permanent master is her real brother, Chris or Pacifica herself. assuming that that whole "temporary" thing actually meant that there would be a permanent master at some point.
Mar 6, 2012 1:32 AM

Sep 2011
People in this Anime are so fkin OP that its ridiculous. Like that one dude could just chant random shieeeet and take control of whoever he pleases. He could have just killed them at that very moment if he wanted to...

Oh and I find it so funny how Raquel owned that BUG dude so bad that now hes scared out of his pants. ^-^
Feb 28, 2014 1:33 PM

Sep 2012
Broken. There are so broken :o
A dragon ? Fighting a god ?

I imagine that the end is going to be intense.
Apr 14, 2014 12:48 AM

Aug 2013
When they mentioned the fortress being some kind of vehicle and the bugs looked like machines, I thought there's ancient technology involved. I wonder if that's really the case. I mean a dragon with a serial number? Technology vs a god? Weird.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 2, 2015 3:58 PM

Feb 2013
Yes, technology definitely seems involved. Those bugs looked very machine like and if that structure was indeed some sort of vehicle, it could very well have been a ship. So I'm guessing either post apocalyptic world where advanced technology used to exist or aliens....or both.

Either way I really doubt that this *God* is actually a God. My guess is it's an alien, a machine, or something else, using it's advanced technology to appear Godlike to these primitive people.

Of course it might be a bit too early for me to be making such guesses, I could be completely wrong lol. It's certainly getting interesting though.
Mar 25, 2016 5:57 AM

Nov 2011
SERIOUSLY WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THIS SHOW
Sep 14, 2016 2:24 AM

Jul 2008
Dragoons and gods and peacemakers and some epic level shit going on.
Sep 1, 2017 8:56 PM

Jun 2016
Where to start. Well, I'll start with what I didn't like. I was excited when Shannon and Raquel were taken away, I thought my expectations were subverted. That instead of being a journey of Shannon beating up everyone with his eyes closed, Raquel snapping her fingers to save the day, and Pacifica screaming her problems away, it was going to be a journey, at least a brief one of Pacifica and Leo. Not only that, but it would be a journey of struggle, with Leo most likely not being a top tier fighter and all, paired with a useless Pacifica, at least in so far as she doesn't scream and save the day. So I'm disappointed we didn't go that route.
The other thing I didn't like was the amount of jargon at the end of the episode, it was astounding. I get it you're a dragon robot from space, it was a bit much for my taste.
Oh and a nitpick wouldn't hurt. I get that the peacemakers are evil and all, but man oh man, do we really need to make their power giving themselves and others blood red evil eyes! Design choices like that always turn me off.

Now on to the good. I LOVED the discussion that Doyle had with Leo about Chivalry. It speaks a lot about his character, and what I can only assume will be a major theme of the show. It was the most baller thing, to get the point across that this magical chivalry and justice that Leo is looking for is an illusion, he tells him if he truly believes in this justice he's better off lopping off this beautiful, selfless girl's head that he's fallen in love and traveled with. I'm sure that Doyle after having to in his own words (kinda), "maintain his justice by shattering others justice", to the point that he had to throw an innocent smiling baby into a ravine, had enough. The choice he made, to instead of meaninglessly take life for an illusory justice, was to save lives without 'justice' clouding his vision. As he said in episode 2 iirc, there is no justice, it's all grays. Who are you to say that one's life should end or not.
This leads to Leo exclaiming to silencer, "Cutting down people is not why I wield this sword", and then later to Pacifica "I want believe in and find my own justice, one which everyone can accept...". I predict a major theme in this show will be Leo defining his own Chivalry, rather than blindly following someone else's.

Not only that, but this is very similar to Peacemakers view on providence. Him using his power to control people against their will to act in a certain way, in the way he believes they should, and also claiming "Human's obey me completely, that is the way providence should be".
Because of these similarities I'm assuming a major theme of this anime will indeed be defining your own Chivalry and Providence and whatever else, due to how they play with these words. Perhaps more likely the encompassing phrase, "defining your own justice".

The other part I loved, which I will not analyze nearly as hard, was when Pacifica goes full gar and tells Silencer that she'll cut off her hand for his help. Oh my gosh, I was so scared Leo was going to do it too. New found respect for that lady. And the best part is Silencer would've let her too, man would of taken her hand and helped her if she did it herself. Instead he ended up helping for free because she didn't.
gfsdfgsdgsdfgsSep 2, 2017 2:58 PM
Mar 17, 2019 12:49 PM

Jul 2014
Shape430 said:
Either way I really doubt that this *God* is actually a God. My guess is it's an alien, a machine, or something else, using it's advanced technology to appear Godlike to these primitive people.
Well, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".

I know we will see some of this world history in the next episodes but I would kill to know what happened to this world ;-)
Aug 15, 2021 8:59 PM

Dec 2018
wtf is going on here

More topics from this board

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 12 Discussion

Nande - Dec 21, 2007

10 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Mar 24, 1:46 AM

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 24 Discussion

hznu - Aug 30, 2008

44 by NoviSun »»
Nov 7, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 16 Discussion

fedaykin - Jan 10, 2009

10 by Alkimia »»
Mar 24, 2023 12:45 PM

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 15 Discussion

jacobpaige - Aug 8, 2009

10 by Alkimia »»
Mar 24, 2023 12:13 PM

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 14 Discussion

jacobpaige - Aug 8, 2009

7 by Alkimia »»
Mar 24, 2023 11:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.