Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 6, 2009 11:10 PM

Jan 2009
Well it's over >.> I lol'd at haruhi screaming at kyon and stuff
still this arc was horrible 2/5 for the episode
Aug 6, 2009 11:15 PM

Feb 2009
This arc was indeed quite awesome, all the kudos to Kyoani/Kadokawa for being able to pull off something this ridiculously crazy. And now I know you're all gonna be like "lol idiot, retard, wtf u sayn this sucked balls" and stuff but the best part is that you still watched it. Despite the fact that it was in essence the same ep over and over again we still watched it and that is why they win. I watched it all the way and I loved how they did it, I mean they had to do something to outshine the messed-up airing order in the first season, and I think they did pretty good. But I am glad that it came to an end and I hope we will see something new next week.
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Aug 6, 2009 11:24 PM
Jan 2008
It'll be strange to not get my weekly dose of EE...
Aug 6, 2009 11:38 PM

Sep 2007

...still a 1/5 episode of course. Just a new ending attached to the same thing. I won't let my rating be influenced by this relief of it being over! I won't get swayed by emotions!
Aug 6, 2009 11:39 PM

Jan 2008
No more Endless Eight in my weekly Haruhi?! What has this world come to?!?!?
Aug 7, 2009 12:06 AM

Jun 2008
yodlormak said:
twinkythebear said:
I lauged, I cried, I screamed for joy. Epic. It's unfortunate that so many people pussied out and missed one of the great TV experiences of all time. I watched every episode start to finish, without knowing the end. When Kyon actually said something to Haruhi as she was walking out was magical. I love this arc.

+1

I think this show is great. Animation is good, art is beautiful, nice soundtrack, a lot of symbols (much better than some lazy animes but many love it why? ==")

I agree completely this season has been better than the first.
Aug 7, 2009 12:14 AM

Apr 2009
500 years to finally get off your ass and do your homework ....
Way to go Kyon.
Aug 7, 2009 12:18 AM

Aug 2008
I love the reactions of the fanboys. Basically you are still thinking that this "ark" was good. WHAT ARK? What are you talking about? There was NO ARK because it was THE SAME EPISODE OVER AND OVER AND OVER. It was a GOOD episode, yeah! Even this "last" episode was THE SAME asd the others, they just added a 30 seconds scene.

This is not even an anime. This is a commercial so that Kadokawa can sell haruhi related merchandise.

3/5, because indeed it was a fine episode.
Aug 7, 2009 12:18 AM

Dec 2007
We waited 8 weeks for them to just get their ass down and do homework. Oh joy >_>

KyoAni prolly ran out of money and thus reused Mikuru, Haruhi and Koizumi's speeches for 7 weeks, with only Yuki and Kyon's speechs slightly altered each week.
Aug 7, 2009 12:25 AM

Mar 2008
EHHH?

That's it? Now I really feel kind of trolled with such an anticlimactic disappointing end. To make so many episodes for this lame arc. 2 or 3 episodes would have been plenty. Dropped it from an 8 to a 7 for such a really lame arc, though of course the idea is crazy, brave, original and dumb.

It can only get better from here ... ^^

HalberdierRetsel said:
KyoAni prolly ran out of money and thus reused Mikuru, Haruhi and Koizumi's speeches for 7 weeks, with only Yuki and Kyon's speechs slightly altered each week.
That's so not true at all.
Aug 7, 2009 12:40 AM
Feb 2009
Damn... it's over.

Watch the entire season stop here. lol
Aug 7, 2009 1:03 AM
Nov 2008
What a sad day for humanity, best arc ever has ended. :(
Aug 7, 2009 1:03 AM
Jun 2008
Beautiful, just beautiful. That's all I can say. T_T
Aug 7, 2009 1:09 AM
Mar 2008
aww the fun is over.
Aug 7, 2009 1:14 AM

Feb 2009

Mod edit: Use spoiler tags if you want to post your unreasonable huge text next time. >.>
BourskAug 7, 2009 5:30 PM
Aug 7, 2009 1:35 AM

Jan 2009
shittest ending ever
Aug 7, 2009 1:42 AM

Jul 2009
It's over!!!
Phew~ It's like an intensive workout~
The final part of the ep was actually quite good,
especially with Kyon's memory flooding into his head
at the last moment (good animation).
The royal flush at the end of the episode was a nice
little touch as well~
Now I can look forward to the next episode

Aug 7, 2009 1:58 AM

Dec 2008
Good enough.. 7 and a half eps of repeating itself really made the ending standout, I guess imo. But was it worth it? Probably not.

Good episode though.
Aug 7, 2009 1:59 AM

Jan 2008
GODDAMN! Finally... it was the most retarded ending and I was getting pissed at Kyon for interrupting Yuki when she was explaining how many times they did what. If he just let her keep on going she would have mentioned that they had the meeting multiple times. But aside from the retarded ending I'm VERY glad it's over. Now we get to watch normal ol Haruhi.
Aug 7, 2009 2:01 AM

Oct 2008
I'm glad i don't and will never have summer homework anymore *sigh* Simple enough ?
Aug 7, 2009 2:10 AM
Dec 2007
One of the biggest (and bet) trolls ever in the History of Japanese animation has finally ended. Once again, I was lucky enough to witness it each week ;) Great ending and a good episode as usual in this arc (but two or three episodes were better directed than this one to be honest).

An00biz said:
I'll miss my weekly endless eight fix. After saying shortly "fu" to the computer because endless eight didn't end reading the forums was allways brightening my mood because of reading all the complaints of endless eight.

Same for me. It has been a fun Endless Eight ride these past two months.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 7, 2009 2:17 AM
May 2008
So now the Endless Eight arc is finally over and it was an absolute waste of using eight episodes to see a rather meh conclusion. This arc clearly would have been much better if they used 2-4 episodes, but 8 episodes is just way too much. x_X

*sigh* I can only hope that the rest of the season will turn out well. (-_-)
Aug 7, 2009 2:30 AM

Jun 2008
Ukyo9 said:
I love the reactions of the fanboys. Basically you are still thinking that this "ark" was good. WHAT ARK? What are you talking about? There was NO ARK because it was THE SAME EPISODE OVER AND OVER AND OVER. It was a GOOD episode, yeah! Even this "last" episode was THE SAME asd the others, they just added a 30 seconds scene.

You do realize that this isn't a very economical commercial if they reanimated each episode completely like they did.

KyoAni did it for the lulz. And also for the reactions we saw the last few weeks.
Aug 7, 2009 2:33 AM
May 2009
Kyon's royal flush was win.
Aug 7, 2009 2:35 AM

Jun 2008
i totally loved it.
I think people need to see the whole picture, nog only: o 8 episodes the same. Thats not is!
The ending was great, by the first episode i thought, joh go make your homework, and each episode at the end i thought the same! And then at the end they did their homework, totally loved it.

Oke, i really want to see new stuf and so but i think this was great, its was new never done before in any other anime and i love the moment when they said: say I LOVE YOU to her. And he refused, and when the other guy say maybe i should say it, he was quiet.
I think you could see a lot of things in these episodes, maybe a couple to many episodes but people should just accept it and enjoy:)

Now lets wait for the next one! a new one so people should just not complain any more, if the next one sucks, then i understand that you go complaining.
Shit happens.
Aug 7, 2009 2:43 AM

Dec 2008
Frankly we should all see this as an 'Achievement'
We survived.....
Well most of us [;
Aug 7, 2009 2:49 AM

Jul 2009
I like this episode. WHY?

Because Endless Eight Arc has finally ended!!! :D
This is a signature.
Aug 7, 2009 2:50 AM

Apr 2009
Guys, guys. It's over. Put away your pitchforks.
Aug 7, 2009 3:37 AM

Nov 2008
And fanboys around the world rejoice. =P

It's probably because I was wise enough not to watch through every reiteration of Endless Eight with the utmost attention, but I found the fact they used the three most dramatic songs they used thus far for the rather simple ending and aftermath to this arc quite funny. Those pieces might as well have be playing inside the heads of everyone who was brave, masochistic, crazy, etc. enough to watch through all 8 episodes of Endless Eight as they were watching those scenes.
Aug 7, 2009 3:49 AM
Jul 2018
With such ending.. I just had to laugh. The ending was quite funny and I laughed, and laughed, and laughed. Finally it's over! It was a frustrating arc. I really want to compliment Kyo Ani for all his work he has done.. with the clothing. Maybe that was the only reason I could watch the episodes after the first. Summerhomework.. what a simple solution
Aug 7, 2009 3:50 AM

Aug 2008
this came 6 ep overdue. While the subtle changes each time were amusing, I can't say that it was entirely enjoyable to go through all of them.

Speaking of homework, back to studying biochem. \o/
Gaming dabblings: iRO Chaos, US Pangya, iRO Valkyrie, KR Pangya

*^will fix this monstrosity later*
Aug 7, 2009 4:11 AM

Dec 2008
phew, at last.
lets keep our fingers crossed that this anime wouldn't dissapoint us any further
yohohohoho, i've just wasted your time dude.
Aug 7, 2009 4:21 AM

Apr 2008
WOOHHHH can celebrate xD finally the endless summer is over !

Aug 7, 2009 4:44 AM

Jul 2009
crappy ending for a crappy arc
Aug 7, 2009 4:53 AM

Sep 2007
asdf1248 said:
Kyon's royal flush was win.

Only because it consisted of Spades.
Aug 7, 2009 4:59 AM
Jul 2009
Man I lol'd at Asahina's bawwwing. She sure went all-out this time.
Aug 7, 2009 4:59 AM

Oct 2007
I like to dedicate this moment to all the haruhi fans who killed themselves in the Endless Eight progress, may thysouls floorish in haruhi heaven.
Aug 7, 2009 5:13 AM

Jun 2008
Need moar Endless Eight. Need moar yukata scenes. Need moar bikini scenes.

For all of you who were/are bitching about the arc, guess what, you got punk'd. The rest of us just sat back and enjoyed it, smiling at the arc and seeing you guys light your hair on fire.

Rule #1, if you didn't pay for it, you have nothing to complain about.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Aug 7, 2009 5:14 AM

May 2008
I actually enjoyed it. Not saying it was amazing or genius, but it was interesting and funny.

Interesting because you rarely get to see so many ways one thing can be adapted. I've always wanted to see something like that. I can't emphasise how little we really get to see so many adaptions of the same thing enough. Nice to see how different people decide to do the same things. And it was funny because KyoAni really had guts to do something like this, and thinking about all the angry idiots was hilarious.

Anyone who got angry at E8 was just an irritable idiot who can't enjoy a good joke, or an interesting idea (or in this case, both). It was a once in a life time thing and I'm sad it's over (though I am looking forward to the rest of S2 as well). And that finale... god damn, that was amazing. Beautiful.

Oh and anyone who says the changes between each episode were 'minor' is wrong. The only thing the same in each episode was what the characters did. The direction, art, animation, voices, music, and everything else were redone every single episode.

[That, and anyone complains about every episode being Yuki-focused is a horrible, horrible person]
Aug 7, 2009 5:21 AM

Jul 2009
nicely done! amazingly detailed animation and even with the over and over again story, it is still fun to watch--as expected from the haruhi show
this has been a loooong wait till it is now over, and i guess I finally get what the producers are trying to hint us(the audience):

If you "dont do the homework" = "NO future"

(for those whose summer vacation just started: GO DO your homework now! stop wasting time like the noob Kyon did or there might be no future for the whole world...)
Aug 7, 2009 5:38 AM

Jun 2008
IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!

Kyon finally spits it out, after 8 eps... DX LOL@epic music in that scene

I wonder what the next ep is....

sbyrstall said:

Now I wonder what they'll do with the DVD releases. It'd majorly suck if they have 2 disks of EE, which means you'd actually have to pay for them (like if you want to get the box set or something)
Aug 7, 2009 6:17 AM

Jun 2008
MapleRose said:
IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!

Kyon finally spits it out, after 8 eps... DX LOL@epic music in that scene

I wonder what the next ep is....

sbyrstall said:

Now I wonder what they'll do with the DVD releases. It'd majorly suck if they have 2 disks of EE, which means you'd actually have to pay for them (like if you want to get the box set or something)

It will depend on the rest of the season AND if they put in season 1 as part of the package.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Aug 7, 2009 6:17 AM

May 2009
THIS IS THE HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE

no actually I've loved it from the start.

Funny fanrage and trolls aside, it finally ends. Now we can resume watching, not trolling.
reb3llistAug 7, 2009 6:39 AM
Aug 7, 2009 6:24 AM
Apr 2009
I was able to enjoy Endless Eight only from the moment when I decided that I,d have as little expectations as possible. How could that be positive? I mean, we,re supposed to expect great things from an anime like that.

This iteration is not my favorite but it's the one where the feelings expressed by the characters were showed the best. I guess that it's fitting that it's the last one.

I,m releived that it's finished now. Thou the experiement and the experience were interesting, the scenario will progress only in the next episodes and the wait for that was too long.

I just hope that no one in the industry will decide to do the same thing... jeez I bet that next year, some anime will do an endless loop... for some episodes, just to proove that it's fun and that they can do it.

che
Aug 7, 2009 6:26 AM
Feb 2009
It's over ♥♥♥

Though it was funny that this version of Mikuru crying was cute. :p And Haruhi's face after kyon was yelling :) Oh, and Koizumi's face after seeing Kyon's hand at poker was cute as well :3
Aug 7, 2009 6:37 AM

Oct 2007
ABOUT TIME!
Aug 7, 2009 6:39 AM

May 2009
I am in the hope of an anime so creative that they're going to waste all their episodes re-playing a summer holiday :D

I'd be damned if it came true.
Aug 7, 2009 6:46 AM

Aug 2007
Wow.... everything was the same apart from the last 5 minutes.
How utterly useless.....
Aug 7, 2009 6:46 AM

Jun 2009

When Haruhi said, that the cicadas might come back one day to return them favors, i guess they did.....(helped kyon breaking the loop, somehow)

After all, we must remember that, this is a world of Haruhi Suzumiya = every word Haruhi says, no matter how nonsense it sounds, it IS the truth! :-)
snowgreenAug 7, 2009 8:53 AM
Aug 7, 2009 6:56 AM

Jan 2008
MapleRose said:
IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Sign here if you watch all eight episodes of Endless Eight. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shuffleair - Aug 13, 2009

1535 by Zucned »»
May 7, 2:41 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

292 by Generose »»
Apr 12, 11:11 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 30, 2009

276 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:45 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jul 23, 2009

360 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.