Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 18, 2014 10:04 PM

Jun 2010
Stark700 said:
Btw, what was Cheetu's new ability? Was this ever revealed?

No, it wasn't revealed. He is gone for good.
Feb 18, 2014 11:02 PM
May 2013
No Monroe Walk? :P
At last, no more of that annoying voice..
I'm disappointed though they didn't show him crushed like the ant he is, the way the manga did. How come Episode 96 is less censored than this while being on a children's timeslot?

Youpi's yellow transformation seems far more impressive in the anime. I love it.
Also, those new soundtracks being used.

They really should have included the timer from the manga. If anything, it would save them money and make the story progression more clear.
Feb 18, 2014 11:08 PM

Jan 2014
Youpi is a real badass,, look at that explosion'

Wonder whose stonger Youpi or Uvogin?
Feb 18, 2014 11:17 PM

Jan 2014
Kikinho said:
people complaining about one of the best shounen adaptations ever, one which has been consistently good for over 100episodes. all arguments are invalid

Epsiodes 13 and 26 make that claim untrue, though
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2014 12:42 AM

Jul 2013
I find that the best way to enjoy this arc is just to skip through the pointless narration and teenage angst/PMS that every juvenile characters had.. certainly nothing will be missed (for example I could delete last week's episode from my hard drive and not miss anything should I ever re-watch this thing).

The best part of this episode is when Silva crushed Cheetu, too bad it was so short. If I were Netero, I'd spent my money hiring Silva and Zeno to face the royal guards along with Moral instead of letting two disciples and two brats handle tasks they are not necessarily up to. Silva vs Youpi would make a fantastic fight without Silva suffering from puberty-induced rage and Zeno would just battle Pitou without screaming like an annoying whiny toddler whose Mom refused to buy toys for. Maybe then we'll get to wrap the whole invasion thing in 10 episodes although I wouldn't mind watching Zeno and Silva fight for 20 episodes, I bet it'd still be far more interesting than watching those brats.

I wish the studio that handled the original HxH adaption is still working for the new adaption, then we'll get much more awesome musics and better direction.
MoeGodFeb 19, 2014 1:27 AM
Feb 19, 2014 1:10 AM

Jan 2014
I just checked the corresponding manga chapter, the time when Youpi punched the ground was around 2 minutes 17 seconds, so if the narrator's time is rounded to 3 minutes, the last quarter of the episode was 43 seconds.

Gon's shout was at 2 minutes 40 seconds

Yupi blew up around minute 3 if we neglect the seconds,
and Killua finding Meleoron after Meleoron had dealt with Welfin took about 3 minutes.
It was also 3 minutes 20 seconds for Morel's arc.

In other words, Killua and Meleoron's current arcs are basically a flash-forward where the tower had already collapsed compared to the other arcs that are taking about the same time.
GrunbeldFeb 19, 2014 6:00 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2014 3:04 AM

Jun 2008
Stark700 said:
Btw, what was Cheetu's new ability? Was this ever revealed?

Rolling his ears backwards?
Feb 19, 2014 5:56 AM

May 2011
I can't call it the best episode but it was good enough.. 3 min have passed ? well, I think Gon will wait sooooo long to fight Pitou... lol, at that rate.. we're gonna see the battle after 50 episode :/ (just kidding, there's something will happen for sure in order to make the time run faster) like... I dunno :/
it was good episode anyway.. I enjoyed it
5/5
Feb 19, 2014 5:58 AM
Sep 2012
judals said:
Kikinho said:
people complaining about one of the best shounen adaptations ever, one which has been consistently good for over 100episodes. all arguments are invalid

really? two recap episodes make my point invalid? no.
Feb 19, 2014 6:20 AM

Feb 2011
Not as good as the last episode though.
Feb 19, 2014 6:32 AM

May 2013
Kind of laughed how easily cheetu died. Expected him to dodge the attack with super speed.

Guess we will never see his new technique.
I am the punishment of God,
If you had not committed great sins,
God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.
Feb 19, 2014 7:30 AM

Aug 2009
was very surprised by Cheetus death, I mean it was so sudden. Kind of sad he had to go out like that

Feb 19, 2014 7:41 AM

Nov 2013
The outro of this episode gave me fucking chills for some reason.

The mix of the ending and the "The intentions of all the hunters are coming together" sounded epic.
FaltronaFeb 19, 2014 7:49 AM
Feb 19, 2014 7:50 AM

Nov 2013
What's with the hate for Knuckle and Shoot?
Feb 19, 2014 8:29 AM

Jan 2014
Kikinho said:
judals said:
Kikinho said:

Just messing around.

I agree on that.
Feb 19, 2014 9:19 AM

Jan 2008
Three minutes...
Feb 19, 2014 10:49 AM

Apr 2011
wtf I wanted to know cheetus new power

way to troll the viewers lol
Feb 19, 2014 11:27 AM

Feb 2013
Valaskjalf said:
wtf I wanted to know cheetus new power

way to troll the viewers lol

in the translation I read, Cheetu named his new ability, "The Blind Spot of War" or something like that. Sounded awesome.
Feb 19, 2014 11:33 AM

Jan 2014
On reddit they said it was called Monroe Walk.
Feb 19, 2014 11:46 AM

Aug 2008
Kikinho said:
judals said:
Kikinho said:

Of course not. Watching paint dry does though...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 19, 2014 12:33 PM
Apr 2013
judals said:
On reddit they said it was called Monroe Walk.
I believe its called Monroe Walk "The Blind Spot of War" So in a sense, you're both right.

Actually I've never understood that. Do Nen moves have two different names. Or does the first name simply translate to something else in Japanese.
Feb 19, 2014 12:39 PM

Jan 2014
Well feitan is called Unforgiven: burnt by the sun
So it's just a description, weird how they name them in such detail but rarely shout them out when using them
Feb 19, 2014 1:21 PM

Feb 2010
I like how deep this series is with details. You can actually see how Gon is "changing" due to being in such harsh circumstances. He can hardly hold himself back anymore because he was pushed too far. I also love how Gon is pissed at Pitou for wanting to save Komugi where as he himself was never able to save Kite.
Feb 19, 2014 2:09 PM

Jul 2013
1pm PST on CrunchyRoll, huh?

Guess I'm going to have to join the "RAW" party from here on.
Feb 19, 2014 2:28 PM

Feb 2013
knukle, my job is to separate him from the king, so I will run around... then goddamn I will kill you...no, wait I guess run around is the best option...then, yeah I'll kill you and I know I can....

love that scene so much...

if royal guard have fusion technique they'll unbeatable... I mean
Youpi = power
pitou = instinct
pouf = brain
Feb 19, 2014 2:54 PM
Aug 2012
this speed it keeps me watching every week but at this rate there will probs be 100 episodes for each guard let alone the king not to mention 3mins have past and gons fight doesnt start for like 57mins or 2hrs cnt remember but still christ cya next next yr gons fight hehe i guess momentum has been picked up tho as in earlier episodes of this attack only covered seconds if this is true wld be prtty gd and it wont be that long till it all goes down
Feb 19, 2014 3:04 PM

Nov 2013
Gon will probably have his fight in 10-15 episodes
Feb 19, 2014 3:38 PM

Jul 2013
I love how Zeno and Silva just leave Killua alone in that palace, acting like they just dropped him off at a daycare center or something. lmfao.
Feb 19, 2014 3:41 PM

Jan 2008
3 minutes... how many episodes again? Feels like a really exaggerated number. This reminds of Bleach when Ichigo used his mask he could only for like 10 seconds or something but was like 2-3 episodes long. Wat.
Feb 19, 2014 4:50 PM

Nov 2013
nurBAW said:
if royal guard have fusion technique they'll unbeatable... I mean
Youpi = power
pitou = instinct
pouf = brain

Like Goten and Trunks? Fuuuussioooonnn HA! lol

Awesome episode!! At the halfway mark I started getting sad bc I thought it was over and then realized I was only half!! Good stuff

I'm glad Knuckle wasn't stupid and decided to stick to the plan. Curious what Killua is going to do though. And i wanted to see Cheatu's new mooove :(
Feb 19, 2014 5:02 PM

Aug 2013
3 minutes, but lots of episodes. But that was totally worth it. Looking forward to the next episode next week.
Feb 19, 2014 5:06 PM
Feb 2014
ichii_1 said:
If killua killed meleoron when he tapped killua's shoulder out of instinct I would have died laughing.
I wonder, if Silva landed on the king instead, would he have died from that.

Feb 19, 2014 7:12 PM

Jan 2014
Oh men that Knuckle & Shoot scene really touch me. Perfect episode as always!

"When /a/ sends its fags, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you.
They’re sending fags that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us.
They’re bringing cancer. They’re bringing bait. They’re shitposters.
And some, I assume, are good fags."
-@Xinil
Feb 20, 2014 5:40 AM

Aug 2013
The Cheetu scene: well, damn...
Feb 20, 2014 5:46 AM

Jan 2014
kaikyaku said:
ichii_1 said:
If killua killed meleoron when he tapped killua's shoulder out of instinct I would have died laughing.

But this shows that the Spiders are much stronger than regular ants.
Chrollo, who wasn't very strong physically took the same attack and survived. Okay maybe it's because it was a projectile but I doubt Silva's emission is that weak.
Feb 20, 2014 5:47 AM
Feb 2014
Are you ready for more Tohashi's trolling? What you are waiting to happen is not going to happen. That's how a good writer works. If some of you were the writer of this show, we were watching just three monotone fights.
ParacelsoFeb 20, 2014 5:51 AM
Feb 20, 2014 5:54 AM

Oct 2013
judals said:
kaikyaku said:
ichii_1 said:

But this shows that the Spiders are much stronger than regular ants.
Chrollo, who wasn't very strong physically took the same attack and survived. Okay maybe it's because it was a projectile but I doubt Silva's emission is that weak.

Yea only Silva didn't hit Chrollo nor Zeno in that scene directly... If you pay close attention his attack should crash the floor too but it didn't. This tells us that the phone call from Illumi while he was in the air and in the middle of his attack informed him to not kill Chrollo (probably they had consider the situation in detail with Illumi and agreed upon sth like taht) because Illumi would lose money if his customer died.

But of course I still believe that PT are much stronger than regular squadron leaders :P
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Feb 20, 2014 7:29 AM

Sep 2013
lol at cheetu's death. wow was that ever pitiful xD
the zoldyck family is a family of monsters tho my god

i've mentioned this numerous times but i can't get over it
the speed for this is so god damn slow. when is this gonna ed?

at the rate they're going, it's gonna take 100+ eps to kill the king ><
Feb 20, 2014 7:34 AM

Nov 2013
shayney said:
lol at cheetu's death. wow was that ever pitiful xD
the zoldyck family is a family of monsters tho my god

i've mentioned this numerous times but i can't get over it
the speed for this is so god damn slow. when is this gonna ed?

at the rate they're going, it's gonna take 100+ eps to kill the king ><

The ant arc will end between 12-17 episodes.

If I remember correctly, the Netero vs Meruem fight will begin probably in 5-7 episodes.
Feb 20, 2014 7:49 AM

Dec 2012
Ughhh. 2.5/5
Feb 20, 2014 3:01 PM
Jun 2013
Better than I expected.

Please nerf Zoldyck family, too OP.

Yupi scenes were pretty nice to watch.
4/5 episode.
Feb 20, 2014 4:09 PM

Jan 2011
good episode
4/5
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Feb 20, 2014 5:56 PM

Jun 2012
I think the manga is gonna be at volume 27 next week and this arc ends in 30 iirc

awwwww laaawwwd
Feb 20, 2014 10:42 PM

Apr 2011
Vogue- said:
I love how Zeno and Silva just leave Killua alone in that palace, acting like they just dropped him off at a daycare center or something. lmfao.

Well his father did let him leave the house and they finished their mission so they don't really have anything to do with killua anymore.
Feb 21, 2014 4:37 AM
Aug 2013
judals said:

Shoot is one amazing character, as much as they showed knuckle, I like Shoot's characterization better despite less screen time.
But now it's Knuckle's turn.
5 out of 5.

Shoot really surprise me when he revealed his new personality ,his fight was epic even if he could not fight youpi more than 3 min and the relationship between knuckles and shoot was touching not like Gon yelling on killua but still well write
Feb 21, 2014 4:40 AM

Jul 2013
3 minutes... lol.
Feb 21, 2014 6:17 PM

Oct 2011
3 minutes passed for all of these events to happen....EPIC!!!!!
Feb 21, 2014 6:34 PM

Jun 2009
Damn good stuff, especially Shoot's thinking he should be the voice of reason but then pleading with Knuckle to get Youpi back for ignoring him. I guess "pride" is anothe character fault to add to the list. I actually really liked how pumped up Knuckle got, only to deflate and run. It really shows how much of a monster Youpi is and shows that pure strength of will just isn't quite enough. Also, it's an interesting contrast. Youpi, Pitou, and Pouf are all extremely loyal to the king. Yet, the Humans have been kind of been harming the mission. Whether it be Knuckle and Shoot in this episode or Gon giving priority to saving Kite. Though at least they are all still keeping their targets from the King.

I actually kind of liked Cheetu, but I think his end was fitting. I mean, the guy was an idiot and went out like one by picking a target he had absolutely no chance against.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 24, 2014 9:43 AM
Nov 2008
For those who question how just 3 minutes have passed:

Just think or check how many times did the characters actually talked, it was in very few cases and instead we had their thoughts and the narrator cover almost everything. While they could actually talk it had no sense to do it if they had to act faster than their tongue and this make everything actually more realistic differently from most shonen anime/manga ( easy example Kuroko no Basket and the talking when doing actions )

If you add the facts that everything happened with a faster pace the anime is using, like when Gon saw Netero and reached Pitou ( just a couple of seconds ) the facts that everthing happened in so little time is not unrealistic, quite the contrary.
Feb 24, 2014 12:51 PM
Sep 2011
The moment with Knuckle and Shoot was just heartbreaking - "He looked at me as garbage" after risking everything, fighting like he had never done before. Both of them are just amazing characters.

5/5
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

915 by Thesk8er2000 »»
Apr 19, 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.