Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2009 7:08 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Egaki uta is cute.

Azuma, Kou, and Aoba are so popular!

Aoba is doing group dating, with multiple guys!
tsubasaloverJul 26, 2009 7:50 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 26, 2009 2:47 PM

Jun 2009
Good episode, now we know that Azuma is indeed trying to accomplish what his older brother could not, and that Aoba might have some sort of feelings towards Kou. Also, Azuma keeps being awesome, and I expect more funny moments from him now that he is staying at Kou's place.
Jul 26, 2009 4:15 PM

Jul 2008
Azuma and Kou's awkward living is pretty funny and it creates a good atmosphere. Kou and Aoba seem to be getting closer. The whole episode felt good. And the next episode also looks good.
Jul 26, 2009 6:35 PM

Aug 2008
I kind of liked this episode, but it was clearly just a transition to solidify all of the development that happened in the last episode.
Jul 27, 2009 4:29 AM

Jan 2008
lol, Azuma and Kou are living together. The story about Azuma brothers was really sad.
Jul 27, 2009 8:32 AM

Nov 2007
Nice episode.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jul 27, 2009 3:42 PM

Mar 2009
There's always something quirky about Adachi's works :P

Cute. Nice episode.

If we recall episode 1 we'll remember who plays center ;]
Jul 27, 2009 5:00 PM

Jun 2009
noteDhero said:
I kind of liked this episode, but it was clearly just a transition to solidify all of the development that happened in the last episode.

nope, it was clearly meant to emphasize Kou and Aoba's relationship, as well as develop Azuma's character. this is not a transition; this is what adachi is about.
Jul 27, 2009 5:07 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
amazing episode.

I love the characters so much....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 27, 2009 5:58 PM

Aug 2008
Jul 27, 2009 6:18 PM
Dec 2008
very good episode, it's nice to learn more about yuhei.
I was wondering about his motives and eventhough now they're clear I don't quite understand how he can do that. I mean won't it hurt his brother more than not doing that? First he is the reason why his brother can't play anymore and then he "steals" his dream. Well, would feel weird to me.

I love Aoba so much, I hope we can see even more attraction towards Kou. They are meant to be imo.
Jul 27, 2009 8:50 PM

Aug 2008
I don't know...I didn't see much development with Azuma. He understands Kou and Aoba better, but his interactions with them remain the same: he continues to act in a semi-douchey manner to goad Kou's potential, and has little contact with Aoba. That stair scene showed no development. It let us know he had a thing about stairs, and then we found out why. It was definitely characterization, but since that was something that existed for Azuma before this episode, it isn't development.

I also don't really see how this episode had Kou and Aoba acting in a way any more than platonic. Aoba still acts bitchy because she can't be honest with herself and admit that a) she likes Kou b) she's jealous of the time Kou and Wakaba spent together c) she may have been jealous of Wakaba the whole time. I don't think more has been done in this episode to change that as opposed to the episodes where she realized the potential that Wakaba saw in him, such as the pitch to nab the robber; taking care of Momiji; his pitching against the main team the first time; Wakaba's birthday present; and the pitch against her a couple of episodes ago. But if you just mean entertaining the idea of them going out, then I'd still point to all the moments where everyone (namely Ichiyou) comments on how they're so much a like, and so suited for each other. I even think an episode was named something to that effect.
Jul 27, 2009 10:04 PM

May 2008
Very nice episode. Really loved the part where Kou asked Azuma why he stayed at Seishuu.
Jul 28, 2009 4:46 AM

Jan 2008
Ah, so we get Azuma's back story now. Lol at Aoba's date.
Jul 29, 2009 4:24 AM

Jul 2008
tsubasalover said:

Egaki uta is cute.

haha yeah the end made me lol. 3-4 years old and sending their drawing to them. pretty cool. always wonderful how kou (and now with azuma) can motivated the hole team. thats really important for them to move forward.

Aug 2, 2009 12:23 PM

Oct 2007
Vizard said:
Nice episode.
Aug 4, 2009 5:57 AM

May 2008
lol weeee that was another great episode

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 4, 2009 1:35 PM
Dec 2008
Hmm, good episode. Though the next episodes preview scared me little bit.

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 8, 2009 11:04 AM

Oct 2008
Nice ep. I'm so excited that Aoba asked about Center, which she didn't in the Manga. And the blush was unexpected. It's only the second time that I've seen it.
But next episode has filler like qualities to it. :(
Sep 8, 2009 10:23 AM

Jul 2009
Lol @Kou when he looked trouble about Aoba's date,

They really having a hard time,,Kou and Aoba that's what Azuma trying to say?
LaevanteinSep 8, 2009 10:46 AM
May 1, 2010 12:09 PM

May 2008
I cried when Kou told Azuma about Wakaba... This episode was so great~~
Jun 12, 2010 4:02 AM

Sep 2009
Haha, I really liked Aoba's "date". Azuma just got a lot more interesting too.
Nov 28, 2010 12:04 PM

Sep 2008
Wow, time passes quickly in this anime. Two months since that game already?... Still a great episode. Enjoyed it as always!

Amusing how Aoba dealt with all the guys asking her out... She just did a group date to get them all out of the way at once. XD

I like the "character development" we're getting for Azuma, though it's really more of just finding out about his past and motivation to get to Koushien... It would be nice to see him being... I dunno, a bit friendlier? Though I guess the way he is with Kou is as friendly as he's going to get. DX''
Sep 15, 2011 2:19 PM

Mar 2011
the greatest thing about this episode was Aoba's awesome date .... LOLzzz

and azuma living in kou's place was also kinda enjoyable
Aug 10, 2012 3:33 PM

Nov 2011
Another great episode.
Azuma, that character development.

"Congratulations, *confetti* you are the 100th person to ask me to introduce you to Aoba."
Sep 17, 2012 2:04 PM

Sep 2011
Man the development is unbelievable! Another great episode. =p
Mar 8, 2014 10:53 PM

Aug 2013
Azuma is awesome and surprisingly funny.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 8, 2014 1:31 AM

Apr 2012
Nice to see Azuma and Kou's relationship improve. The last scene was pretty much a compliment and an admission of respect for Kou.
zzzeallyMay 8, 2014 1:34 AM

Jun 20, 2014 5:47 PM

Aug 2013
Oh oh oh, Koh is getting jelly, uh? :)
So jealous he forgot to put the spice in his ramen, what a crime :P

Anyway, there is some romance happening right there and I wonder if it will lead to anything. Don't forget what Ichiyou often say : ''You are similar.''

Azuma is really growing on me. He started out as a big douche, but he's really hilarious with all his scary stares and the story with Junpei is tragic and touching at the same time.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 24, 2014 2:16 AM

May 2009
Aaaaah the bromance!

Couldn't help pairing Kou up with Azuma the younger >w<;;;;.

Was thinking, when she was getting asked out by guy(s) before, in an earlier episode, that she should just go on a date with them at the same time. Nice solution, Aoba!
Aug 4, 2014 9:23 PM

Feb 2013
Azuma is still becomnig a character i can like although he Still kinda acts meh in terms of How he acts to the rest of the cast.
Surprised nothing happened afterwards when Kou told Azuma about Wakaba.
That Group Date with Aoba Made me Chuckle a bit.
We learn something about Azuma's Past assuming it has something to do with his Brother. Either 1: Brother Fell down steps injuring himself, or 2: Azuma fell down brother tried to rescue him and brother then injured himself. just a guess.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Jan 3, 2015 12:21 AM

Jul 2008
So the coach transferred...great. That means we're going to see him again when Seishuu gets to some games...joy. I wanted to be done with him.
Jan 17, 2015 1:34 PM

Jan 2013
As always great episode.
We keep learning more about the characters pasts.
Sep 29, 2015 2:32 AM

Jun 2009
I think it's pretty clear that Aoba and Kou like eachother.
Jan 30, 2016 9:54 PM

Nov 2011
What happened with Azuma was indeed development, not just additional character traits. We didn't know what motivated him to play baseball before and why he takes it so seriously. After finding out what exactly happened with his brother, it's clear now why he's doing what he's doing. At that, it lends additional significance to his brother's comment to Azuma to "have more fun" playing baseball, since playing baseball is significant to their relationship.

And while his goading of the team was more characterization than development, I still found it to be quite fun. That along with his insertion into Kou's daily life made the episode feel a lot livelier than some of the previous slice-of-life-esque episodes.

As for Kou and Aoba dating, it certainly isn't a new tease, but it did seem like they were closer to admitting to themselves that they liked each other in this episode. Akaishi's rumor in particular was a nice touch given his previous attachment to Wakaba.

With the hinting toward Aoba and the other junior high seniors joining the high school team in the upcoming year rounding things out, I would say this was a very satisfactory episode. I could hardly ask for more from an episode of this sort.
Jul 7, 2016 4:23 PM

Apr 2014
loving the relationship between Azuma and Kou, they're so different but at the same time they're some sort of rivals.

man that talk about Wakaba between Azuma and Kou hit me hard....even Azuma has a caring side. sad story about his brother as well, looks like it has something to do with stairs. most likely Azuma's fault as well from the conversations thus far

haha that was clever of Aoba, they'll probably leave her alone now after that group date

and that last scene, Aoba is like "i have a rival!"
belovingJul 7, 2016 4:26 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2018 7:46 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Akuma best bro!
Really excited to see the direction the anime is going towards.
Aoba is so cute~~
Aug 9, 2018 5:34 AM

Feb 2013
Azuma stayed on the team, that's great and he's also living with Kou, that's funny.
That's sad, he was probably the reason for his brother's injury.
Aug 15, 2020 1:48 AM

Jul 2015
Yuuhei moving in with Ko is one of the best things so far. Kind of sad to know why Yuuhei doesn't like people falling of the stairs. Kou and Aoba seem to be closer though the 'don't take him away from me' is going to be a big hurdle to overcome.

Dec 10, 2021 9:41 AM

Jan 2018
Awww Azuma Yuuhei moved in with Ko out of dormitory. They're like kyoudais now. I did say their dynamic would be interesting but never would've expected this even though the dorm was mentioned a few times already.

I'm guessing Yuuhei fell from the stairs once and that's how Junpei-san got injured. He probably blames himself and wants to make up for it by fulfilling his brother's dream. I'm happy he didn't go with the coach.

Aoba went on a... group date? What the hell was the point of that?

Wha? The bijin manager didn't leave? Next episode looks like a filler so she might leave then. Doubt she'd stick around for Senda out of all people.
I also thought the vice principal would be forced to resign and retire due to the scandal. But looks like he simply transferred. I'd imagine even Daimon would be troubled to get hired if the things he did get leaked. I imagine we will see Daimon again in the preliminaries next year or the last. Maybe this time he'll (re)learn what playing baseball is from Ko and Yuuhei.

More topics from this board

» Help: Cross Game filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Dec 28, 2023

6 by zckfox »»
Dec 28, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BlowITA - Apr 12, 2009

66 by -mmdll- »»
Oct 9, 2023 7:43 AM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

fanty - Apr 5, 2009

194 by Ethan348 »»
Jul 3, 2023 3:30 PM

» Cross Game Soundtrack

falph - Apr 5, 2010

8 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:04 PM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 27, 2010

279 by animejas »»
Apr 27, 2023 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.