Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 26, 2009 1:24 AM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Begins with the inquiry.
Elrics and Winry scene.
Yes! One newspaper scene intact :3
And they mess up Elric newspaper scene a bit -_-
Ling!
Barry to the rescue!!! intact XD
Unnecessary anime-original Ross comedy scenes....
More awesomeness of Barry!
Bye bye
X)
And so Ed confronts Mustang
And so Armstrong confronts Mustang.
Smoke-Signal scene Intact XD
Now its time for Barry story!

So next episode they will show Xerxes...AND the start of what goes on in Ep 19?....sad...
AhenshihaelJul 26, 2009 1:28 AM
Jul 26, 2009 1:39 AM

Jul 2008
Nobody spoil anything this time around. Please. For pity's sake shut it about any surprises. It's really all original now, so let's preserve things for those who don't know how everything will fall into place. There are other places to spazz out with spoilers. Vague stuff not being reprimanded here - e.g. "Ling ♥" is not included in this.

/end mini rant

That being said...
- ILU Ling and your jailbreaking skillz. xD
- They semi-added the newspaper scene so... there.
- Barry is very special...
- ... but Ling's smoke signals are even more special.
- Dr. Knox!
- Can't say much because the lag was epic today. Must find raw!
- Next episode is Xerxes ruins.

BEGINNER
Jul 26, 2009 3:55 AM

Jul 2007
adamantine said:

And that had totally no impact for me, thanks to their stupid decision in previous episode.

The whole episode felt cheap. While I loved most of episodes, this, along with the greed arc felt flat stupid. Its as if the production group is not even trying. The scene where
would have worked a lot better if put in the very end of episode, with
. And I felt that this whole scene was not dark enough...Well, thats one of my favourite manga moments ruined...AGAIN....
Jul 26, 2009 4:48 PM

Mar 2008
I loled @ Winry,Ed and Al scene. Al cleaning his head was epic XD
And Ling was epic as always XD
Jul 26, 2009 4:50 PM

Aug 2008
What an obvious farce this episode was. And because it was, Ed just looked like a huge idiot for refusing to listen and interpret. I just hate him so much it's ridiculous. Beyond that, there wasn't anything else to talk about. Except Mustang on the phone. That was funny.

Speaking of funny, I really didn't like the jailbreak scene. You have Barry going down the hallway all badass, then you cut to SD soldiers freaking out, all while super ominous music is playing. Then the same scenario repeats when he confronts Maria. I think it's safe to say that the production is very torn on how to capture the essence of the show and negotiate tone and atmosphere coherently.
noteDheroJul 26, 2009 5:19 PM
Jul 26, 2009 5:10 PM

Jan 2009
oh no they didn't ...!
I did not see this one coming : O
and for the sake of not spoiling, I won't say anymore.. until I find something in the rest of the episode, in the middle atm xD
and I just can't help it but think Mustang is a pretty cool guy, seriously.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 26, 2009 5:12 PM

Jun 2008
Mustang killing Ross so quickly and easily. That doesn't really seems like him.
Jul 26, 2009 5:13 PM

Jan 2009
kie_ said:
Mustang killing Ross so quickly and easily. That doesn't really seems like him.
that certainly would be a suitable candidate for a spoiler tag : )
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 26, 2009 5:24 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Lol, you don't know what belongs into a spoiler tag and what doesn't. Now I'm quite sure that Ross ain't dead yet. Good exciting episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 26, 2009 5:24 PM

Jun 2009
This is my only problem with Edward Elric:
If something isn't right for him or doesn't make sense to him then it is labeled wrong.
If he could grow up a little the plot would progress some....

More often then not I find myself shaking my head at Ed

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jul 26, 2009 5:43 PM

Jan 2009
cyruz said:
Lol, you don't know what belongs into a spoiler tag and what doesn't. Now I'm quite sure that Ross ain't dead yet. Good exciting episode.
well there Are people who read forum posts before watching episodes, and wouldn't it be sad for them to read what happens before they see actually get to see it? at least that's my view on spoiler tags, sorry for having different opinions than the majority

oh and also
Suzune-chan said:
This is my only problem with Edward Elric:
If something isn't right for him or doesn't make sense to him then it is labeled wrong.
If he could grow up a little the plot would progress some....

More often then not I find myself shaking my head at Ed
yep, pretty much, I don't remember him being really like this in the original anime? maybe it's just my memory getting dull
Jul 26, 2009 5:59 PM

Aug 2008
It's your memory. Ed has always been a stupid, over emotional, irrational creature.
Jul 26, 2009 6:04 PM

May 2007
Decent episode. Not much to say really.
Jul 26, 2009 6:10 PM

Sep 2008
Fai said:
adamantine said:

And that had totally no impact for me, thanks to their stupid decision in previous episode.

The whole episode felt cheap. While I loved most of episodes, this, along with the greed arc felt flat stupid. Its as if the production group is not even trying. The scene where
would have worked a lot better if put in the very end of episode, with
. And I felt that this whole scene was not dark enough...Well, thats one of my favourite manga moments ruined...AGAIN....
Why would you put those happenings under a spoiler, the people that would helplessly wander into this thread would have watched it, no? Everyone saw Maria Ross die so it's no secret. =/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2009 6:15 PM

Jan 2009
noteDhero said:
It's your memory. Ed has always been a stupid, over emotional, irrational creature.
oh carp, guess I gotta start keeping notes about these kinds of things then : D..
Jul 26, 2009 6:17 PM

Jun 2007
cyruz said:

Ya I'm pretty sure it was all a set up. Ed and Al seem to be the only one's out of the loop though lol. Maybe whats his name who's guarding Barry the Chopper too.

Barry the Chopper kicks ass. I never liked him in the first series but now he's starting to grow on me. Ling Yao is still annoying as hell. His comedic nature is killing the show for me. I hope he gets serious soon.
Jul 26, 2009 6:20 PM

Jan 2009
DeathfireD said:
Barry the Chopper kicks ass. I never liked him in the first series but now he's starting to grow on me. Ling Yao is still annoying as hell. His comedic nature is killing the show for me. I hope he gets serious soon.
yeah, he was just an annoying kind of "side character" in the original, but now he's, as you're saying, kick-ass : D
and Ling, while being waaaay too .. let's say "childish", he's still somehow a bit .. hmm how to put this into words.. oh well, there's something about him anyway : p
Jul 26, 2009 6:31 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Oosran said:
well there Are people who read forum posts before watching episodes, and wouldn't it be sad for them to read what happens before they see actually get to see it?
That is just stupid. How can you go into an episode discussion thread and expect not to get spoiled on what happens in the episode the discussion is about?

What I was referring to is what happens from this point on, how this whole thing is going to turn out which some of the posters obviously know already (fuck knows from where, the first season or the manga - it doesn't matter) but don't bother to put in spoiler tags because they don't realize they're already spoiling the watchers who have some brains and can guess a part of the outcome from their own possible doubts and the silly posts in this topic. Ah well, it's the anime community so there's nothing else to expect.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 26, 2009 7:02 PM

Nov 2007
So Roy killed Ross, biggest scene in the ep.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jul 26, 2009 7:17 PM

Nov 2008
i wish they had kept the ling/window scene in the anime lol

Jul 26, 2009 7:26 PM

Oct 2008
morons
Jul 26, 2009 7:42 PM

May 2008
come on guys. don't be so mean with ed. think: how would you feel if you saw one of your friends running away and you loose eye contact for a few seconds, and what you find is a burned dead body and in front of him the guy you barely know that always behaves like a total dick to you?...
I would think he's a total dick to everbody... --.--
Jul 26, 2009 7:45 PM

Apr 2009
loved it as usual. /thread

:)
Jul 26, 2009 7:48 PM

Aug 2008
Except this total dick was just lying to you earlier in the day to protect you. And this total dick is part of the reason why you are alive because of an encounter with a serial killer.
Jul 26, 2009 7:49 PM

Sep 2008
go to hell mustang
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jul 26, 2009 8:01 PM

Apr 2009
Zero_r2 said:
go to hell mustang

Don't hate on my by Mustang like that
Jul 26, 2009 8:02 PM

Jun 2009
noteDhero said:
Except this total dick was just lying to you earlier in the day to protect you. And this total dick is part of the reason why you are alive because of an encounter with a serial killer.

This is a really good answer, I agree totally.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jul 26, 2009 8:03 PM

Jan 2009
Omegaoveride said:
Zero_r2 said:
go to hell mustang

Don't hate on my by Mustang like that

I think Mustang is a pretty cool guy, burns people and doesn't feel bad about it : p
Jul 26, 2009 8:34 PM

Aug 2007
The thing I don't get is why people get annoyed at Ed being "a stupid, over emotional, irrational creature" when they know that's his nature. You'd almost expect that Ed wouldn't but Al doesn't notice any "farce" going on and nobody's annoyed at him. Well, whatever. I at least enjoyed the episode and am looking forward to some nice action next week.
Jul 26, 2009 9:06 PM

Aug 2008
Well, I can't speak for anyone else, shadowraze, but what it comes down to is I hate Ed's nature. I have a strong dislike for over emotional, irrational people all together, because I think it's an uncontrolled and uncivilized way to maintain oneself.

But you are right, Al was just as blind. Maybe because he has to constantly keep his brother in check, maybe not. Regardless though, it's rare for Al to blow up, and that he always has to take a backseat to his brothers' antics is another reason why I don't like Ed.
noteDheroJul 26, 2009 9:52 PM
Jul 26, 2009 9:43 PM

Sep 2008
I figure a spoiler is in need.

And SUPER SPOILER ONLY CLICK IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

CriticalDesignJul 26, 2009 9:48 PM
Jul 26, 2009 9:46 PM

Apr 2009
Roy was mad awesome this episode.
dJGDKJGsJFSKDF Elizabeth! :D

Totally forgot about the jailbreak scene. ><;;
Looking forward to next week's ep. Love that part. :)
Jul 26, 2009 9:55 PM
May 2008
I enjoyed this episode but it felt rushed and inconsistent. For example the episode had a lighthearted atmosphere (or at least played off all the melancholic scenes in a humorous fashion) for most of the episode but then throws

So I guess a better lead up to that point would of made the episode better and the execution of that scene was like others have said fairly poor.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 26, 2009 9:56 PM

Aug 2007
CriticalDesign said:

Jul 26, 2009 10:19 PM

Apr 2008
Jul 26, 2009 10:22 PM

Nov 2008
shadowraze said:
CriticalDesign said:

lol.....i agree with you shadowraze....nice use of sarcasm lol

Zero_r2 said:
go to hell mustang

Jul 26, 2009 10:32 PM

Feb 2009
I'm not sure if they really intended us to believe that Mustang killed Ross or not?! I haven't read the manga so I have no clue if this is what they want us to believe but I hope not. Cause the whole thing looked so stupid and for some reason you'd be sure that Ross is not dead. If Ross is really dead on the other hand, then the episode lacked on the darkness and emotional stuff big time. This episode gets a 3/5 from me. So far many of the episodes of brotherhood have the same problem. It's just sad that they can't make the series based on manga but with the same quality of the first FMA anime.

Jul 26, 2009 10:36 PM
Mar 2009
haha smokesignal scene ftw

lol mustang and his ladies (i remember elizabeth was somebody again.. who was it)

kidnapping!!!! the anime/manga main point lets go kidnap some person like edward

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Jul 26, 2009 11:15 PM

Jul 2008
poor ross damn she didnt deserve that
Jul 26, 2009 11:44 PM

Jan 2009
Ross to me is irrelevant, if the Mustang was like "emotional" could even think that her death is real, but as he is not, it probably she is safe in somewhere.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2009 11:55 PM

Sep 2008
shadowraze said:

Don't put words in my fucking mouth. Seriously, I hate that.

Jul 27, 2009 12:53 AM

Jul 2007
Enjoyable episode, i think it could have been executed better though.
Jul 27, 2009 1:17 AM

Jul 2007
Hool said:
Ross to me is irrelevant, if the Mustang was like "emotional" could even think that her death is real, but as he is not, it probably she is safe in somewhere.

You see those eyes he had in the alley(like when he asked Barry about Hughes or when he walked away from the Telephone booth after the talk with Armstrong)? Thats as emotional as he can get and you don't want to get in his way when he does those eyes
Jul 27, 2009 2:09 AM

Apr 2009
omg Ling Yao pwnes xDDD
awesome character lol

mustang - fu*k him.. from now on i hate him >.<
Jul 27, 2009 2:36 AM

Jan 2009
Fai said:
Hool said:

You see those eyes he had in the alley(like when he asked Barry about Hughes or when he walked away from the Telephone booth after the talk with Armstrong)? Thats as emotional as he can get and you don't want to get in his way when he does those eyes

HAHA, but what I said about the emotional, is loss of reason, the death of the Hughes undoubtedly shook, but he would not act so hasty. I do believe that, but the future belongs to the author =x
Jul 27, 2009 4:50 AM

May 2008
Didnt expect that to happen, man that was saddening, glad things are still gonig on smoothly

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 27, 2009 5:52 AM

Aug 2007
CriticalDesign said:
shadowraze said:

Don't put words in my fucking mouth. Seriously, I hate that.

Geez, somebody's annoyed. I wasn't trying "to put words in your mouth" only to "put words" to the alternative that you seem to prefer.
Jul 27, 2009 8:45 AM

Dec 2007
CriticalDesign said:

Errrr
Jul 27, 2009 9:02 AM

Mar 2009
Someone above mentioned that they wish this FMA Brotherhood series would have the quality of the original series...and I agree. This is what kinda tears FMA fans apart from the series. The original has a load of emotional content and character development that the manga never had. The manga and the new series as well contains a plot line that the original never had. Either way, I think its safe to say that the original FMA series is a more character driven storyline, the story is driven by specific character actions, and the newer series Brotherhood, is driven by plot.
Salve Mi Amici
Jul 27, 2009 9:10 AM

Mar 2009
Oh yes..I know that this isn't the time nor place to start an argument about the two FMA series now, but I would like to point this fact out.....Hiromu Arakawa has been writing this manga since 2000 I believe. The original FMA series began its development sometime in 2001 or 2002. The author of the manga asked the anime staff to develop a DIFFERENT ENDING from that of the manga, because she wasn't finished with the manga yet.

If Arakawa had not have done this and the writers and animator kept following the manga, then we would have had another Naruto or Bleach on ours hands. FMA would have become another one of those god-forsaken shounen series that has over 400 episodes and counting had not the author wanted a different ending.

Sorry to rant, but someone needed to say it. By the way this episode was.....allright
Salve Mi Amici
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.