Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 26, 2014 6:26 PM
Feb 2014
Emnay said:
no because it's evil christian government muslim israel propaganda that spoils the american spirit long live george washington

You know the George Washington is an evil Israeli christian muslim right?

Rokumi said:
Bash107 said:
Yeah and children should stop dreaming silly dreams too like I wanna be a police officer/Fireman/doctor/Astronaut like they should know there reality and be logical because the sooner the better.

Becoming a police officer, etc. is a realistic dream. Anyone can become one, and there are plenty of them already. There is no Santa that goes around the world in one night delivering presents to well-behaving kids from his workshop of elves.

True,but becoming a decent one seems to be unrealistic dream and true,but there are people who work in workshops(sweatshops) who make some of the presents that some people might have and Santa is the boss who they work for.
Nov 26, 2014 8:51 PM

Nov 2014
If I had kids, I just tell them, Santa Claus is in your heart but you can make Santa Claus however you want to see it as and still celebrate it with decorations and junk when you're older. ^^
[[[- No Anime/Manga View List - ]]]
Nov 26, 2014 9:03 PM

Jun 2014
Moog- said:
It's their fault that they're stupid enough to believe that a fat man riding on a sled in the sky is real, or that he can sneak his fat ass through chimneys without getting in trouble with the judicial system. I'm not going to tell my children whether he's real or not.

You realize these are children we're talking about, right? Expecting them to be as smart and rational as you is probably the stupidest thing I've read today

OT: I don't wanna be the dick that says he's not real, so i'll probably not say whether he is or isn't and let them find out on their own. Unless their retarded and 14-15 years old still thinking santa is real, just let kids be kids man, why spoil their fun for no good reason?
QansNov 26, 2014 9:17 PM
Nov 26, 2014 11:21 PM

Jul 2007
I prefer lying to children as little as I can, so I would personally say no. Children learn values from their parents. If their parents lie, they'll think it's okay to lie, too. Maybe the Santa thing wouldn't teach them this by itself, but multiple lies can have this effect.

But, I'm not a parent and don't plan on being one, so, my opinion on this doesn't matter much.
Nov 27, 2014 7:52 AM

Aug 2013
Qans said:
Moog- said:
It's their fault that they're stupid enough to believe that a fat man riding on a sled in the sky is real, or that he can sneak his fat ass through chimneys without getting in trouble with the judicial system. I'm not going to tell my children whether he's real or not.

You realize these are children we're talking about, right? Expecting them to be as smart and rational as you is probably the stupidest thing I've read today

OT: I don't wanna be the dick that says he's not real, so i'll probably not say whether he is or isn't and let them find out on their own. Unless their retarded and 14-15 years old still thinking santa is real, just let kids be kids man, why spoil their fun for no good reason?

I never said that I expect children to be as smart and rational as me. I do, however, find it weird if my 10 year old daughter comes and tells me that Santa is very much real. I never believed in Santa as a kid either, and my Christmas wasn't ruined or anything. I don't see how discouraging children from believing that fictional characters are real is bad. I'm not going to be an ass to them or anything, but I'd encourage them to do some critical thinking, especially if they're in school.
Nov 27, 2014 9:05 AM

Jun 2008
Never tell them he isn't real. You don't want them to discover from such early age that the old man coming to their room every night asking for favors isn't actually Santa but the neighborhood pedo-rapist.
Nov 27, 2014 9:06 AM

Aug 2014
Monad said:
Never tell them he isn't real. You don't want them to discover from such early age that the old man coming to their room every night asking for favors isn't actually Santa but the neighborhood pedo-rapist.

genius +1
Nov 27, 2014 9:09 AM

Oct 2012
I've convinced my little brother that Santa is a child-eating monster.
Nov 27, 2014 10:43 AM

Apr 2014
Man when i was a kid i used to call this so called Santa for gifts, end of the story i really didn't care whether he was real or not, only white people believe that stuff..
Nov 27, 2014 12:01 PM
Sep 2014
PS4 said:
Man when i was a kid i used to call this so called Santa for gifts, end of the story i really didn't care whether he was real or not, only white people believe that stuff..
"White people"
Nov 27, 2014 12:04 PM

Jul 2013
LadyRenly said:
You don't need Santa or Jesus to enjoy Christmas. Why do we need lies to enjoy an already good holiday?
Nov 27, 2014 12:06 PM

Feb 2014
If they never hear about Santa why is everyone wearing red and white :3

"Everything you see on the internet isn't true." -Abraham Lincoln
Nov 27, 2014 12:21 PM

Jul 2014
So is a character based on an historic red dressed Spanish priest who brings/prizes oranges to Flanders childrens called Nicolas, then become into a leyend of a saint with a sack charged of prizes to all around the world childrens. . . Make think human imagination go far. But if in certain civilization there is costumes, so childs believe by parent influx, the freedom concept give you the answer. . . The rest is an excuse of embittered missdreaming people have died into the unhearted city, so on ancient people ever desired make dreams reality, now with reality excuses people doesn't dream, independently of real or not real for Santa's figure, the consuming excuses, etc.

So those have not this costume is like put a muslim into a pork leather, or make drink litres of animal blood to an judaic follower, or kill a cow in the middle of Mumbay i. e. - excusing me for this hard example, I anticipate and beg pardon -.

So is a matter of how can one sense the thing, childs are childs, and if you are a healthy adult you preserve childs innocence, but if life give you bitterness, then you give your childrens same medicine, good example . . .
I'll tell you something, my Tenchi. You know, the carnival comes and goes... if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi.
Nov 27, 2014 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah.

It's ok, really.

At some point in their lives they realize he isn't real anyways.

For now, the only way to twist them with consumerism is if you spoil them with gifts.
Nov 27, 2014 12:31 PM

Jul 2014
Hoppy said:
No, just let them believe what they want to believe.
Nov 27, 2014 12:47 PM

Jul 2014
Shadow-Senpai said:
Hoppy said:
No, just let them believe what they want to believe.

It Remembers a great quote from Robert E. Howard works:

"Let men revere the gods they please!"
I'll tell you something, my Tenchi. You know, the carnival comes and goes... if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi.
Nov 27, 2014 1:03 PM

Feb 2005
Obviously I'd tell them it's Odin that comes with the presents.
Nov 27, 2014 2:48 PM

Jul 2014
Baman said:
Obviously I'd tell them it's Odin that comes with the presents.

I thought was Iðunn who bring prizes in form of apples >_<
Nov 27, 2014 6:24 PM

Feb 2005
Dcyend said:
I thought was Iðunn who bring prizes in form of apples >_<
Yea, but I have a feeling kids would be disappointed by getting that as presents.
Nov 28, 2014 1:04 AM
Sep 2014
Spurt said:
I've convinced my little brother that Santa is a child-eating monster.

You see, this is one problem. If Santa can be real, why can't monsters under the bed be real, too? Or child-eating Santa...
Nov 28, 2014 3:41 AM

Nov 2012
Sayako said:
If their parents lie, they'll think it's okay to lie, too.
It is okay.
Nov 28, 2014 4:03 AM

Jun 2014
The Christmas spirit here is dangerously low..
Nov 28, 2014 4:12 AM

Apr 2012
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
It's a retarded tradition which comes from a lie. I thought manipulation of minors was wrong. Hehe, hypocrisy.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Nov 28, 2014 4:17 AM

Jun 2014
Immahnoob said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
It's a retarded tradition which comes from a lie. I thought manipulation of minors was wrong. Hehe, hypocrisy.

Spending time with family/friends and trading gifts is retarded? Then you have kids with smiles getting presents...

I'm just shellshocked from MaL, yet again.
Nov 28, 2014 4:21 AM

Apr 2012
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Immahnoob said:

Spending time with family/friends and trading gifts is retarded? Then you have kids with smiles getting presents...

So we can only give presents and spend time with family or friends on some special event? Damn, you must be quite the selfish individual. Especially that this special event is simply a lie/religious.

And quite weak willed too, a bit of logic and then you get shellshocked. Also, it's MyAnimeList = MAL. MaL is not it's acronym.

Autocrat said:
Nov 28, 2014 4:26 AM

Jun 2014
Immahnoob said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

So we can only give presents and spend time with family or friends on some special event? Damn, you must be quite the selfish individual. Especially that this special event is simply a lie/religious.

And quite weak willed too, a bit of logic and then you get shellshocked. Also, it's MyAnimeList = MAL. MaL is not it's acronym.

I just got nothing to say. I'm legit cringing. Just . . yeah. Have a good day.
Nov 28, 2014 4:26 AM
Nov 2008
guys, just ignore the messed up individual. it's not our problem he'll be alone on christmas, probably yelling at happy people from the safety of his computer in his head on mal.
Nov 28, 2014 4:35 AM

Apr 2012
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
It would be only irrational to have something to say.
dity said:
guys, just ignore the messed up individual. it's not our problem he'll be alone on christmas, probably yelling at happy people from the safety of his computer in his head on mal.
So being selfish is the way to happiness then.

Autocrat said:
Nov 28, 2014 4:42 AM
Nov 2008
i believed in santa up until i was something like 8 or 9. it didn't teach me to lie or something like that, it was just fun. the concept of gifts magicking into your house, no knowledge of the financial aspect, your mum said you were good so santa brought presents... good times. better than the 'waddayawant? show me da website & i'll click da buy now buddon MERRY CHRIDMASH' vitriol of my teen years. now i'm back into the whole unknown present thing, and it's way better.
Nov 28, 2014 4:52 AM

Apr 2012
I stopped believing in retarded imaginary shit when I was about 5 or so. I'd rather teach my children about the meaning of gifting and being nice because of real reasons rather than tell them lies about how some fat guy in a red suit that illegally trespasses in your home gives you gifts if you're a good boy/girl.

Tradition is only a relic of the past that has no meaning,

Autocrat said:
Nov 28, 2014 5:12 AM
Jan 2014
Immahnoob said:

buh

if you really want make an argument against excitement and happiness inducing lies, then you should at least end it with a valid conclusion.

dity said:
oh please..
Nov 28, 2014 6:12 AM
Nov 2008
cabacc2 said:
dity said:
oh please..
why'd you take offence to that? lol
Nov 28, 2014 6:14 AM

Apr 2014
We use santa so children can obey....

like:

"If you keep doing [insert problem], then you're going to be on the naughty list"
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
Nov 28, 2014 6:18 AM
Nov 2008
TobiOrNotTobi said:

like:

"If you keep doing [insert problem], then you're going to be on the naughty list"
i don't think you need santa to do that.
Nov 28, 2014 6:19 AM

Apr 2014
dity said:
TobiOrNotTobi said:

like:

God has a naughty list, too?
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
Nov 28, 2014 6:21 AM
Nov 2008
TobiOrNotTobi said:
dity said:

God has a naughty list, too?
your mother does. in her head. because she's santa.
Nov 28, 2014 6:38 AM
Jan 2014
dity said:
cabacc2 said:
oh please..
I am obviously his alt.
Nov 28, 2014 6:47 AM
Nov 2008
cabacc2 said:
dity said:
I am obviously his alt.
nice joke, gunning for browny points? lmao
Nov 28, 2014 7:06 AM

Apr 2012
cabacc2 said:
Immahnoob said:

buh

if you really want make an argument against excitement and happiness inducing lies, then you should at least end it with a valid conclusion.
That's only the conclusion to my post, not to my arguments. I'm going for more than one argument. It's just that time of the year for MAL, it'll pass.

Autocrat said:
Nov 28, 2014 11:47 AM

Nov 2009
yes
-☾✩
Nov 28, 2014 6:42 PM

Jun 2014
I only pretend to believe in Santa when I am around children so I don't ruin their fun.
Nov 29, 2014 1:53 PM

Dec 2011
Parents lie to their children all the time, mainly on sex related stuff or shit that doesn't even exist.
Oct 8, 2015 3:24 AM
Oct 2015
For some reason parents used santa to encourage them to become a good person. And it is normal and healthy part to develop their creative minds. I think that children should always be inspired and be filled with love and thoughtfulness in their early years. It makes them feel that that world is a good place to be and helps them to become a better human being. A little magic, fairytales and Santa makes well rounded people. :)
Oct 8, 2015 3:26 AM

Mar 2013
Moog said:

LOL expecting intelligence out of children. It's not there fault they're stupid. They're fucking children.
Oct 8, 2015 3:28 AM

Sep 2015
sherristan said:
For some reason parents used santa to encourage them to become a good person. And it is normal and healthy part to develop their creative minds. I think that children should always be inspired and be filled with love and thoughtfulness in their early years. It makes them feel that that world is a good place to be and helps them to become a better human being. A little magic, fairytales and Santa makes well rounded people. :)

So true😤😤

Lies are full
of endless possibilies.
Oct 8, 2015 3:28 AM

Mar 2013
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Immahnoob said:

Imma is a troll. He trolled me when I first started here. Good times. I think the Believing in Santa moral we're so fond of it really stupid.
Oct 8, 2015 3:34 AM

Oct 2015
It's okay as long as you tell them the truth when they're 10 years old. If you keep feeding them myths and religious beliefs past that age, then that's child abuse.
Oct 8, 2015 4:10 AM
Jul 2018
I think it's good actually..

When they become older they will realize everything
and forgive you eventually. They won't even say anything.
But they at least will have nice memories about childhood.
Oct 8, 2015 4:56 AM

May 2015
Oct 8, 2015 5:31 AM

May 2015
No. I don't believe in protecting children too much. Show them the world. Don't hide it from them. Teach them to face the world instead.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» I should get free bread every time I go to City Hall

vasipi4946 - 1 hour ago

3 by SmugSatoko »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Anyone ever commission anime art?

ACasualViewer - 3 hours ago

5 by Daviljoe193 »»
15 minutes ago

» Are video games a waste of time and money??

DesuMaiden - Today

32 by Kwanthemaster »»
1 hour ago

» Greta Thunberg's invisible plight? - Public figures' compromised freedom

Hydre_Ito - Yesterday

7 by Kwanthemaster »»
1 hour ago

» The captcha doesn't just work for the bots, it also effect people that are drunk or high

tsukareru - May 25

16 by Cneq »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.