Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 15, 2013 12:07 AM

May 2013
las ep next week
wil houki ever find a good romance its kînd a gross dating your super great grandpaa :\
MercuriDec 15, 2013 12:13 AM
Dec 15, 2013 2:09 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Incest does not apply to time travel scenarios involving hundred of years so people should not be surprised or disgusted (seriously?).
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 15, 2013 8:37 AM

Aug 2008
Girl's adventure has turned into a weird romance.

Well, I did expect this to happen since the last episode. It was foreshadowed. Just didn't think it would be this explicit.
It wasn't a very good move, I agree, but didn't think people would hate the idea this much.
I mean, from what Galileo perceived, he is a boy and she is a girl. Nothing weird, whether or not she was from future.
Hozuki, on the other hand, even after realized his feelings and felt a bit guilty, did not have any feeling for him more than friend.
I think their relationships can even be considered platonic. People was thrown off just because they are observers.

Still a bad move for the whole show though. I think adding romance was fine, but this was badly executed.
Their romance was amplified more than necessary, and with only one episode left, that might ruin the show.
Dec 15, 2013 9:40 AM

Apr 2013
FenixDragon43 said:
Am I the only one who likes this anime or what.... If you hate it so much then /don't watch it/.

Ahh the "Don't like it then don't watch it!" card.

How do you expect me/others to have an opinion on the show, if I don't watch it? Well since I have come this far, I might aswell finish off what I started.
KiteTheAzureDec 15, 2013 10:01 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2013 2:03 AM
Oct 2013
They could've simplified the past tie travel in this episode to the moon sketch and the confession thingy. It felt kinda unneeded and they could've been more smart about the time planning in the episode. Now it leaves 11 to resolve what happened to Anna, Hozuki's parents and the conclusion. I have a feeling that the second one's going to be handled pretty crappily, and as an Anna fan it'd suck for me without giving her a decent ending.

I hope 11 actually makes it end on a good note. The time planning has been pretty meh at this point ;;
Dec 16, 2013 5:41 AM

Dec 2012
Hey these days it's not anime without some incest, right?

Honestly though I wasn't really bothered by the romantic development, I think it made sense considering Hozuki was the first person that Galileo was able to share his dreams with and had so much in common with (for obvious reasons). And let's be fair, he doesn't even know who she really is. I liked the whole development on the love letters part.

As for the rest of the series, however, I'm worried about how they plan to finish everything next time. With 11 episode count, it's pretty obvious there won't be a second season to continue the story, and there's so many unresolved/untouched situations left that it's going to have to make every minute of the last episode shine brilliantly if it doesn't want to come off as half-assed.
Dec 16, 2013 7:15 AM

Mar 2012
so basically the sisters are on the run because of Galilei's treasure which he created because he met Hozuki, because they where on the run becuase of Galilei's treasure...yeah that makes sense

I actually liked this anime until this would turn into big time-paradoxal, lolicon incest anime

next week last episode, but I doubt it can save this anime
Dec 16, 2013 3:18 PM

Nov 2012
Dat incest.Love letters were for Hozuki(not that I'm surprised).

How did they manage to fly for so long XD?

Cicinho saves them somehow,even though missiles looked like they were just about to make impacted/so close.

I think Galileo's treasure might be that goldfish Hozuki gave him and a new type of energy source.
VanishingKiraDec 16, 2013 3:21 PM
Dec 16, 2013 8:55 PM

Aug 2013
Khalan3 said:
so basically the sisters are on the run because of Galilei's treasure which he created because he met Hozuki, because they where on the run becuase of Galilei's treasure...yeah that makes sense

I actually liked this anime until this would turn into big time-paradoxal, lolicon incest anime

It depends on the nature of time in their Universe... The evidence in this show suggests that there is a single fixed timeline, and that time travel is irrelevant to the course of events because whatever you may do when you go back in time is already part of history before you go back. For example, even if you decide to go back and kill your own grandfather to create a paradox, the fact that you exist proves that your attempt was unsuccessful, because those events are already part of the timeline.

It should be noted that Galileo has in his possession several items and artifacts from the future which are quite advanced technologically. He knows they're from the future, and if he can puzzle them out it gives him a huge head start on his future inventions.
Dec 17, 2013 7:15 AM

Dec 2008
So, Galileo fell in love with his granddaughter from 10-15 generations into the future?

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 17, 2013 12:27 PM

Jan 2013
FenixDragon43 said:
Am I the only one who likes this anime or what.... If you hate it so much then /don't watch it/.

I think his love for her is very cute. It's extremely innocent, and just plain adorable. Plus you have to take into consideration that hundreds of years ago it was normal for very young girls to marry 'older' men. Also this is an anime, they can do whatever the hell they want.

I wish they had more episodes, because I don't think 20 minutes will be able to properly give an explanation for everything that's happened.

To give a good honest opinion on something, you see it through. I think this anime was a huge let down...I am giving it a chance to the end so I can truly say this shit was garbage. Okay?

So you're saying that it's ok for your Great grandparent to have a romantic relationship with you? Incest is incest.
VoooDec 17, 2013 12:30 PM
Dec 17, 2013 8:00 PM

Dec 2010
This episode was perhaps one of the cutest things I've seen in a long time! Falling in love with your ancestor! Of course he wouldn't know that you were his descendant... You don't do background checks on all the people you like out of fear of them being your descendant and committing incest! Hozuki has no excuse though xD

They are still adorable though! I don't know how this will be wrapped up, but I this episode certainly raised my opinion of the series a bit!
Dec 18, 2013 12:28 AM

Apr 2013
Getting worked up because of anime characters' relationship? *claps* You guys sure are awesome.
Do we get to see that rich guy on a fork next week?
Dec 18, 2013 3:54 PM

Aug 2012
Beautiful episode. I really LOVED their interactions, Galileo and Hozuki have the same problems and they understand each other. In such a short time, both made some good memories and Hozuki actually played a big role in Galileo's journey to become a great person in the future. The fact that they're "related" made it more interesting. Man, that parting scene was kinda sad.

Galileo must be proud and maybe also slightly heartbroken if he know that his descendant actually follows the same path as him, and Hozuki should be proud that her ancestor, a really great person, made such beautiful love letters for her, hahaha

At this point, i don't really care anymore about the lack of explanations, I'll enjoy whatever that comes in the final episode, and if the final episode still leaves some mysteries about the real purpose of the sketches, or Tesoro (or probably something greater than that), i hope that a 2nd season will be made.
ChoroshiDec 18, 2013 4:05 PM

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Dec 18, 2013 4:50 PM

Jun 2009
Bahahahahaha!!!! Called it! Fucking Called it!

Galileo never realize Hozuki is his descendant.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2013 11:54 PM

Jan 2013
Very good episode. I liked the colorful artstlye
Dec 20, 2013 8:14 AM

Jul 2010
Lel, so Galileo Galilei liked lolis, that's a fine piece of information that I'll tell in my next historical exam.
Dec 21, 2013 3:05 AM
Feb 2009
what the actual fuck lolll
Dec 23, 2013 5:22 PM

Nov 2010
For the people who were freaking out about "incest": let's say they are separated by 16 generations, then she shares just 1/65536, or 0,00152%, of her blood directly with him. Lrn2Math. It's only weird because they make such a fuss about being their descendants, which is really stupid in the first place, and the time travel itself. Think about going 50 years into the past and dating your really old neighbor -that would be even more awkward.

Anyways, what really shocked me about these episodes was the completely bonkers portrayal of Galileo. Others talked already about the round Earth and how they mixed him up with Da Vinci with all this plane inventing business. But the fact that he was talking like he just came up with heliocentrism all by himself just by looking at the sky with a telescope may be even worse. That's either ridiculously ignorant, or an attempt to portray him like an arrogant douche who is lying to impress a little girl. The latter seems way too clever for this show, though.

I'm glad they didn't end up involving the Church, at least.
Dec 29, 2013 10:22 PM

Jun 2011
The best episode of this show, Galileo x Hozuki OTP. Lol at people on MAL creeping out :)
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 3, 2014 1:59 PM

Jan 2011
This felt like a filler (with incest because logic).
So he lives in the stone age but has super nice metal stuff everywhere. ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
Will this show actually have an ending at all? Just 1 more episode? How? Just kill every character?
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 4, 2014 8:57 PM

Sep 2008
You people must be stupid if you consider this incest. Galileo's family passed through 15+ generations before reaching Hozuki. That isn't anywhere near close enough to be incest.

As for legitimate complaints, it was pretty stupid how Hozuki came back just to have the missiles be destroyed like that. Also, why do Galileo and Hozuki speak the same langauge? Yeah.

I don't see how they plan to end this show properly in just one episode.
Jan 10, 2014 7:36 PM

Oct 2012
Aw, sweet couple... I just imagined it's Hidaka Rina & Kaji Yuki's chara from Rokyobu xD

Lol @ people
All of youthat said this is incest... Please open your dictionary again xD
Also they didn't do anything... Just fall in love, you can't call that incest... I think

They'll wrap this only with one ep????
Bad end? Happy end?

5layer said:
Also, why do Galileo and Hozuki speak the same langauge? Yeah.

Oh, do you really have to ask that? The international language in anime is only one
Everyone could speak Japanese no matter their nationality, it's that simple xD
"Signature removed"
Feb 6, 2014 3:48 PM

Jun 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
aisusenpai said:
Ajunky said:
Ok, now I'm really doubting my memory...

Seconded...

It isn't like this show came out and says it, this is what I mean by it being too subtle.

No that is you losing the ball. Anna said to them that she left the fuel in the engine room.

God damn it watching this show and reading the comments i just can't get why people miss so much while watching. In all the episodes someone was always asking things that are shown or told or are just obvious.

5layer said:
You people must be stupid if you consider this incest. Galileo's family passed through 15+ generations before reaching Hozuki. That isn't anywhere near close enough to be incest.

They are the kind of pewople that can make you face palm eternally. How close minded foolish can someone be already? Mal seems to reach new lows every time.
MonadFeb 6, 2014 4:07 PM
Feb 15, 2014 12:34 AM

Sep 2011
If only he knew, if only he knew!
Sep 12, 2014 3:44 PM

Oct 2013
I though that they were going to pull those missiles back in time O_O for a sec lol
[/quote]
Dec 17, 2014 2:29 AM

Feb 2013
This episode and the last episode felt like filler. This really didn't need to happen. Also was Galileo gonna say "I love you"? That's incest! I guess it was Galileo who wrote those poems in those maps. We also find out the orgin of why everything is a goldfish. One more episode and its over. I wonder how it's gonna end.
Feb 5, 2015 8:42 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that leaves me hesitant, I'm all for slaughter to go forward and back in time to conclude what?
I did not understand at all.
Narration without infamy and without praise, but that leads nowhere, then seeing three missiles burst a few inches, without getting a scratch, it's really dumb luck.
Unreal also the fact of seeing Hocchibi talk with Galileo, using the Japanese of the twenty-first century.
Jul 20, 2015 8:44 PM

Nov 2014
Ooooooooo so the love letter was really to Hozuki!! =O Well...He didn't KNOW she was his granddaughter. I'm still not into the incest though =/
Aug 19, 2016 12:18 PM

May 2008
Hozuki is just 13 years old lol. I bet Galileo is 5 years older or something like that, but oh well. Loves knows no bonds!
Oct 25, 2017 11:54 PM

Apr 2009
Either the subs were wrong on the first episode, that their Galileo supported geocentric and not heliocentric model or this is another Galileo in a different timeline than Hozuki's whom posits heliocentrism and not the other way around (like our own real life Galileo). Or whatever, I don't know what or want to think anymore like whatever's Galileo and Hozuki's feelings. >_<

You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 12, 2019 7:20 PM

Jul 2016
Khalan said:

So where did the time travel egg timer thing come from? Who made it?

This anime has simply lost the plot in the last 4 episodes...
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

160 by andreariona »»
Nov 3, 2020 5:04 AM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

79 by Vindicater »»
Jul 9, 2019 10:24 PM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

56 by Vindicater »»
Jul 6, 2019 3:13 AM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

114 by Liddo-kun »»
Mar 18, 2019 4:16 AM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

58 by tofei »»
Oct 25, 2017 3:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.