Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 14, 2013 10:34 AM

Jul 2010
Lots of jump cuts in this episode. Don't think they did that before.

Anyway, very cute episode. Midori shouldn't have hidden the fact for that long.

So that beauty mark does have some significance after all eh? I wonder what's going to happen now that she's named the prince's future bride.

Mar 14, 2013 11:03 AM

Feb 2009
Well, I was pretty bored this episode...

But hopefully Mochizou takes center stage next episode!
Mar 14, 2013 11:48 AM

Jun 2009
lntense said:

it should be Tamako and Ooji not the Ouji fff

You deserve an award, omfg
Mar 14, 2013 12:21 PM

Jul 2012
I'm not even saying this because I dislike the show, but that was one stupid excuse for tears and and "drama."
Mar 14, 2013 12:47 PM

Apr 2010
Midori reminded me of Mio this episode she looked a lot like her.
The episode was pretty funny especially when Midori got embarrassed which happened a couple of times especially hen she was looking silently about it.
The members rely on her a lot for the club.
Mar 14, 2013 12:49 PM

Sep 2012
ihateeveryone said:
I'm not even saying this because I dislike the show, but that was one stupid excuse for tears and and "drama."
Given Midori just became the captain of the club, it makes that she wants to make some real contribution to the club, and this thought (as well as her pride) keeps pushing her more and more to a corner. Don't really think it is an excuse.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 14, 2013 1:15 PM
Feb 2012
Looks like you've gotta get your act together, Mochizou, if you want to get your girl.

As usual Dera made the episode. No matter how you look at it, he's the star of the anime.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 14, 2013 1:42 PM

Jun 2011
Did they changed the director of this episode or something? I felt it kinda different...
Mar 14, 2013 1:59 PM

Sep 2012
Intereo said:
Did they changed the director of this episode or something? I felt it kinda different...
Well as usual practice in any anime production, the episode director changes from episode to episode, so not sure what you mean here. Anyway, the director of this episode, Kogawa, is the same episode director for ep.3.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 14, 2013 3:09 PM

Nov 2011
Arlia said:
I made a bet with a friend about Choi beeing the future prince's bride. I hope I didn't loose here.

Eh, it could just be the way this show telegraphs every plot twist, but something tells me you're still all right.

ihateeveryone said:

It certainly wasn't worth spending an entire episode on.
Mar 14, 2013 3:21 PM

Jun 2012
Cute and heartwarming, but I wonder how they're going to wrap up the "plot" in 2 episodes.
‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
Mar 14, 2013 5:34 PM

Sep 2011
Laughed quite a bit, even at that ending with "Bride." I bet Choi will be the Princes bride though ;).
Mar 14, 2013 6:22 PM

May 2010
Saw that ending coming, but still, nice cliffhanger, can't wait for the next!
Mochizou, protect your woman! XD
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Mar 14, 2013 7:25 PM

Oct 2012
Animation fail - too many scenes with talking off-screen, horrible angles, bizzare cuts and even baton performance in the end was disappointment.
Storywriter fail - too much giggling, too weird moments, no sense at all. Only scene where I was laughing was Kanna recording Dera dance.
Audio fail - sound were somehow unnatural and some voices felt out of place.
Direction fail - so many random moments, very obvious unfinished stuff and bad planning decisions. How could this even be aired in the first place?
WTF Did I just watched?
I know they are maybe saving budget for something big but this episode was bad on many levels.
KyoAni FAIL!
Mar 14, 2013 9:08 PM

Sep 2012
Mich666 said:
Animation fail - too many scenes with talking off-screen, horrible angles, bizzare cuts and even baton performance in the end was disappointment.
Storywriter fail - too much giggling, too weird moments, no sense at all. Only scene where I was laughing was Kanna recording Dera dance.
Direction fail - so many random moments, very obvious unfinished stuff and bad planning decisions. How could this even be aired in the first place?
Somehow I find it refreshingly good though. Animation cool; Storywriter good focus, Direction to the point. I did not see audio issue you seem to be noticing either. However, I definitely agree that fans may want to see more of the baton performance than what is shown in this episode.

Mar 14, 2013 9:10 PM

Nov 2009
don't worry desu

im practicing a parasol dance for my bunkasai and i wish we looked half as cute. although i will say, as others sort of mentioned, this seemed like kind of a waste for the third to last episode. the only plot relevance was at the end with choi when she finally decided it was tamako she was looking for. also, needs more dera
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2013 9:29 PM

Jul 2009
Sure hope Mochizou steps up in these next two eps. I'd love to see some progress in a show like this.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 15, 2013 1:30 AM

Dec 2011
Now this episode really reminded me of K-On and Hyouka. That sniffing scene with the tissue... and the tracksuits of their baton clubmates is the same in Hyouka!

And, they finally focused on the mole on Tamako's neck. Can't wait to see why she becomes the Prince's bride candidate.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2013 3:04 AM
Jun 2008
Fiji said:

And, they finally focused on the mole on Tamako's neck. Can't wait to see why she becomes the Prince's bride candidate.
I thought Choi choose Tamako because of her mole of her neck .
Mar 15, 2013 6:36 AM

Feb 2011
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand she makes the episode again:

Mar 15, 2013 7:11 AM

Jul 2011
Mich666 said:
WTF Did I just watched?
I know they are maybe saving budget for something big but this episode was bad on many levels.
KyoAni FAIL!

Your criticism is the only thing i find strange here, i thought this episode was pretty normal and made a lot of sense. And the issues you brought up doesn't seem spot-on at all.
dreznovkMar 15, 2013 7:16 AM
Mar 15, 2013 8:03 AM
Dec 2012
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?
Tamako is only for Mochizou..
Nooooooo......
Mar 15, 2013 10:46 AM

Apr 2011
Very slow episode, nothing much happen.
Mar 15, 2013 12:43 PM

Jul 2012
ihateeveryone said:

It certainly wasn't worth spending an entire episode on.

Pretty much.
Mar 16, 2013 1:56 AM

Feb 2012
Finally nearing the climax huh.
Anyway, the animation was off this ep... what happened, KyoAni?
Mar 16, 2013 3:07 AM

Jul 2012
awww the show's ending soon. still hoping for tamako x midori :c
Mar 16, 2013 6:49 AM
Jun 2009
d'awww, poor Mochizou
Mar 16, 2013 8:27 AM

Apr 2012
Shojo-chanCat said:
Adding on, I thought that there was some great character development for Midori and Shiori (they basically re-created the bathroom scene, except in the opposite direction).

I highly doubt Kyoto Animation will make Tamako marry the prince with out actually knowing a single thing about him (he seems cute, so maybe it's a good match?). I think Midori would beat someone up if that happens o____o , and I'd feel so bad for Mochizou, even if I wouldn't prefer him to match up with Tamako at the end.

^ My thoughts exactly.
Mar 16, 2013 8:45 AM

May 2012
cladinpink said:
Shojo-chanCat said:
Adding on, I thought that there was some great character development for Midori and Shiori (they basically re-created the bathroom scene, except in the opposite direction).

I highly doubt Kyoto Animation will make Tamako marry the prince with out actually knowing a single thing about him (he seems cute, so maybe it's a good match?). I think Midori would beat someone up if that happens o____o , and I'd feel so bad for Mochizou, even if I wouldn't prefer him to match up with Tamako at the end.

^ My thoughts exactly.

Ditto. I felt it was a really good episode.
mawarurecord said:

So am I! But I'm pretty sure it won't end with Tamako x Anybody by the end. They DID state there would be nothing that came out of the romance.

Also, why are people acting like Mochizou needed more screen-time? He gets TONS of screentime ALL THE TIME! One episode focuses on Midori, and suddenly people are acting like he's been dropped off the face of the earth. Midori's been in the background a lot, she deserved an episode like this.

It showed just how much everyone thought she was the 'only can do everything' sort of girl, and showed a side of her that we probably only saw a hint of before this episode. I'm glad they took the time to give Midori this chance.

Now, the plot hath reared its ugly head again, and that prince is coming into play. I really hope that it doesn't go that path. They've done so much with all the others, to have her just run off to be with a Prince would just be...bleh desu.

I have faith in this show though, and I don't see it taking such an abrupt switch like that.
Mar 16, 2013 1:24 PM
Jul 2018
mawarurecord said:

Me too :D
This scene was (for the yuri fan that I am) probably the climax of the whole episode.

I really was like

even though it was totally unfitting, I was still hoping for it :P
Mar 16, 2013 6:15 PM

May 2012
Yurireviews said:
mawarurecord said:

Me too :D
This scene was (for the yuri fan that I am) probably the climax of the whole episode.

I really was like

even though it was totally unfitting, I was still hoping for it :P

xD I know how you feel
Mar 16, 2013 7:25 PM

Mar 2013
This episode was an ok episode and by the way what`s the relationship of Tamako`s mole into the price just asking :)
Mar 16, 2013 7:46 PM

May 2012
blue_sky05 said:
This episode was an ok episode and by the way what`s the relationship of Tamako`s mole into the price just asking :)

It's probably related to Choi's fortunetelling. She probably foretold the Prince's bride having that mole and something to do with that scent.
Mar 17, 2013 9:30 PM

Jun 2010
Oh god. I know that feel. Thinking you can take things on, but it turns out it's too much. ;-;

Mar 18, 2013 8:35 AM

Apr 2011
I'm still rooting for Mochizou x Midori even thought it's hopeless. XD
Mar 18, 2013 11:21 AM
Aug 2011
So damn boring.
Being a Midori focused episode only made it worse.

All of this Prince's bride is kind of off-putting as well.
I don't see KyoAni marrying off a main character like this...ever.
Mar 18, 2013 11:29 AM

Aug 2007
So... I want to know about Tamako and what Choi said to her. A future decision?
Mar 18, 2013 4:46 PM

May 2011
Awww a crying Midori is just too adorable. This was an extremely cute episode.
Mar 20, 2013 2:50 AM

Aug 2008
More Mochizou x Tamako, please.

Btw, when's the next episode airing?

Mar 20, 2013 1:56 PM

May 2012
Boring episode I'm not gonna lie.
Mar 20, 2013 5:46 PM

Jul 2008
I really don't care for the animation thing where it just cuts to them doing something else a few seconds later. It happened like 20 times this episode.
Mar 21, 2013 4:50 PM

Jan 2013
Made me think to a K-on! episode. I wish I could see more of their show, but nice episode anyway. A little bit distrubed by the cuts style.
Mar 23, 2013 12:09 PM

Sep 2009
Another cute episode ^^
midori has so many cute scenes here..
love the part when dera is dancing..
and the ending too :) "HUH?"
Mar 23, 2013 1:40 PM

Oct 2011
Right angles! Nice episode, the girls comforting Midori was cute. I had a feeling Tamako would be the prince's bride :')
Mar 23, 2013 2:28 PM

Jan 2010
Ah~
Will Tamako leave for the prince or stay with Mocchizou?
Apr 7, 2013 1:32 AM

Mar 2013
Very cute episode.
Apr 13, 2013 8:20 AM

Sep 2012
aidoru said:
Right angles! Nice episode, the girls comforting Midori was cute. I had a feeling Tamako would be the prince's bride :')

the thing with prince will never happen, to u think she wold agree with arrange marriage? no she wont, shes not the type
Apr 27, 2013 7:36 AM

Oct 2009
Booooring
Apr 28, 2013 1:20 AM

Dec 2012
Cannot stand Midori but at least some significant plot development happened this episode.
May 8, 2013 8:45 AM

Sep 2011
Nice episode, they should have shown more of the performance though.
I think the animation cuts were funny most of the time.

The princess thing has been building up and now the final episodes will be probably about that. I don't think she will just go out and marry him :P
Also, Poor Mochizou again :S
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2013

366 by sorrowsanimelist »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2013

225 by bakakisima »»
Apr 28, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2013

175 by bakakisima »»
Apr 27, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 6, 2013

179 by bakakisima »»
Apr 27, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2013

219 by HyperNova06 »»
Jan 24, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.