Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 31, 2013 7:24 PM

Aug 2012
I'm sure we'll get a Taichi episode after Chihaya v. Shinobu showing him in the class B final(I got a good feeling)

Really liked the technical thinking Chihaya did in her match, that was very interesting, and she learned about the advantage lefties have in taking card which is sure to help her against Shinobu(still not expecting her to win but it'll be good)

One of the great things about this anime is that it can catch you off guard with matches like Arata v. Nishida, shifting the focus and development to characters besides Chihaya. That was one of my favorite matches this season. Wasn't expecting Nishida to get such good development right now but it was awesome, and gives him some motivation for the offseason. I really wanted him to win, especially after that flashback reminding us how haunted he always was after losing to Arata as a child. And he stuck with Arata(in top shape mind you)till the end surprisingly, but watching Arata play is too damn entertaining.

Another great thing about this show is how they spend an episode hinting and building up towards something, like making us think she was about to draw Arata, and then "oh shit forgot about Shinobu".. Great timing and directing there, keeping the focus away from Shinobu.
May 31, 2013 8:40 PM

Jul 2009
holy fuck........
shes gonna lose i know it. BUT. YEAHHHH CHIHAYA.
May 31, 2013 8:46 PM

Oct 2012
I keep changing my mind about which episode is my favorite! I admit I started gettin a bit teary when Chihaya went all BADASS at the end there. OMG i love this show so much!
May 31, 2013 9:55 PM

Mar 2012
This episode exceeded every expectation I had for the individual tournament portion. I was honestly expecting the intensity to die down and for the individual tournament to be kind of lacking to watch compared to the intensity of the past few episodes, but wow, Chihayafuru never fails to deliver.

I was expecting the focus to be on Taichi and Arata due to Chihaya's injury, but watching her play left-handed brought some fantastic developments, and I'm really glad we got to see how her karuta skills grew from the experience instead of just miraculously throwing out wins for her on her left hand. I definitely don't see her winning against Shinobu now, but it'll still be great to watch. This injury has made things so much more interesting that I initially thought it would, and the approach this series has been taking with it has just been completely different from what I thought just an episode ago.

Also, getting to watch Arata play again was just glorious. I absolutely loved seeing his movements and how rapidly he took the cards. But seriously, I just love how much we're getting out of the individual tournament when I thought the intensity and the focus would be tuned down in this portion. The significant change in pacing is actually working really well too. We're getting tons of development even with the small amounts of time devoted to each match, so it's not feeling terribly rushed at all. That last scene just got me so excited for the next episode; I loved that sudden shift from Arata to Shinobu and the unraveling of Chihaya's bandages.
May 31, 2013 10:21 PM

Dec 2011
Great episode as usual...I already know who gonna wins the tournament but i hope Chihaya will do his best or even better than usual to show her progress
May 31, 2013 10:32 PM

Feb 2013
I'm just loving this show more and more oh man

May 31, 2013 10:37 PM
Mar 2011
i thought the queen was shocked by playing chihaya. but it was just the drawing, she was drinking something LOL

shit just got more realer

where is taichi? did he not make the top 8?
"....i am the villain in this story"
May 31, 2013 10:49 PM

Feb 2008
Taichi is a B-Class player he is not even on the same place.

amginex said:
i thought the queen was shocked by playing chihaya. but it was just the drawing, she was drinking something LOL

shit just got more realer

where is taichi? did he not make the top 8?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 31, 2013 11:03 PM

May 2010
Isn't it like the best series ever!

"She is so manly" Chihaya you rock,I loled:D

"One win for Pizusawa!" Kanna rocked,I was shocked XD When did she say that? That's a lot like saying "One pizza on table one" XD
TragicRomanceMay 31, 2013 11:11 PM
Jun 1, 2013 12:18 AM

Apr 2011
Good episode.

Chihaya is so awesome. She won two games, without using her right hand.
And watching Arata play again after such a long time, was so great :D

That ending. Chihaya vs Shinobu.I think she will lose.

LOL @ Arata's parents.
Jun 1, 2013 12:26 AM
Apr 2013
Chihuya and the whole team have come a long way, it makes me sad to know that the end is near :( (of the show haha).
Jun 1, 2013 12:43 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode as always
Jun 1, 2013 1:29 AM

Feb 2008
Great episode! And it's sad there's only 4 more episodes.
Also, big lol @ Arata's parents.
Jun 1, 2013 2:43 AM

Oct 2012
arata vs nishida match was kinda predictable...
cant wait for chihaya vs queen...

Jun 1, 2013 3:10 AM

Sep 2011
Hybridbloodszak said:

What I wish I could send to Arata as a postcard after seeing Chihaya still enthralled by him.....

THIS.

I'm so excited for next week. Shinobu vs Chihaya! Finally! Finally!

Arata's swing is just too awesome. Impossible yes. Still awesome. I would want to see Arata and Shinobu play against each other.

We're lacking some Taichi here though
pew pew pew
Jun 1, 2013 3:14 AM

May 2013
"Three different point this time!"

Well, Arata, slow down a bit will ya...
「相対性理論って、とってもロマンチックって、とっても切ないものだね。」~牧瀬紅莉栖~
Jun 1, 2013 3:50 AM

May 2012
Good job, Ayase! But too bad she will play against the Queen before Arata. And that play by Arata. Tsk tsk... nice and swift swing. His parents are so funny, though. And Porky's determination never to give up is admirable..

Next week will be interesting. Although I wish that Chihaya will use her left hand against the Queen. That will be really amazing.
Jun 1, 2013 4:13 AM

Dec 2007
I feel sorry for Arata's first opponent. Must have blown a hole in his confidence. Even though he's class A, he's no match for Arata.

And Nikuman-kun. :'( Though I like how Arata is still so in awe about everyone doing their best. That's nice of him, but it would seem condescending irl. Glad there's none of that in this anime. Rivals understand each other and push each other to get better!

As much as I love Arata, I want to see Taichi soon. And I'm excited for Chihaya/Shinobu match. :D
Jun 1, 2013 4:26 AM

May 2007
Episode 21 was great stuff, I loved it when Chihaya unraveled the bandage from her right hand out of respect to the Queen, when she found out she was matched up against her.

I guess it's pretty predictable as to what is going to happen from now on in this series and I want it to fast forward to the final matches already because that's where the real fun is at.

MAJOR SPOILERS....open at your own risk:-

Jun 1, 2013 4:31 AM
May 2013
A shout out to Hanano Sumire for winning her first match EVER! LOL!!!!
Jun 1, 2013 6:28 AM
Oct 2007
I wonder if they will give an episode or two to the other team members, and then have like the final couple of eps Chihaya vs Shinobu and maybe Chihaya vs Arata (or even Shinobu vs Chihaya as we have seen before wanting is just not enough in this show). In any case...
Jun 1, 2013 6:50 AM

Nov 2011
Where was this pacing all season!?! And FINALLY an Arata scene that lasts more than 5 seconds.

Though, I think Nikuman-kun's portion was my favourite. I love how he struggles with the fact he cares so much!
Jun 1, 2013 9:06 AM

Oct 2009
The cheering of Arata's parents was fun, if Taiichi had known about it he would be joining too :P
I'm so glad that Chihaya was able to play with her left hand as well but pairing with Shinobu... It will be a super-exciting match but one of the girls will be very sad in the and that won't be able to play against Arata and I'm afraid it will be Chihaya.
Jun 1, 2013 9:21 AM

May 2007
andcsil said:
The cheering of Arata's parents was fun, if Taiichi had known about it he would be joining too :P
I'm so glad that Chihaya was able to play with her left hand as well but pairing with Shinobu... It will be a super-exciting match but one of the girls will be very sad in the and that won't be able to play against Arata and I'm afraid it will be Chihaya.

An Injured Right-Handed Chihaya Vs the Queen....come on now....there is no way in hell that the Queen is going to lose.

However, it's impressive that Chihaya has made into the Quarterfinals with just her left hand.
Jun 1, 2013 10:33 AM

Aug 2011
I love how matches are a bit rushed now. This is what it should've been from the beginning. The ending with Chihaya taking off her bandage silently was so powerful. It's a shame how she couldn't play Arata in the end though.

And how's Taichi doing?!
Jun 1, 2013 11:06 AM
Aug 2012
I'm mad at how we got the results of everyone's first round EXCEPT Taichi. Maybe when the Empress said everyone did well, we were to assume he is included?

So, I get that it's no often that Chihaya sees Arata. But does she really have to be THAT starstruck? This isn't even her first time seeing him at the tournament. I love how Arata isn't even slightly phased by her presence.

Arata's parents were the stars of this episode. So selfish, but so funny!
Jun 1, 2013 11:24 AM

Nov 2012
I haven't been watching any anime for a month or so, and it was very difficult to endure it. I could not do it anymore. Now I have to keep up with all anime. The positive side of this is the fact, I could watch 5 episodes in a row so I did not die out of anticipation

Thanks to that I rememeber why I liked Chihayafuru that much ^^
Jun 1, 2013 11:53 AM
Nov 2010
I think everything great about this episode has already been mentioned, let me just say this:

Ok, so there are some, if a few shows that managed to make me shed manly tears. But the ones I shed when watching Chihayafuru aren't manly. No, sir.
Those are real, honest-to-god bitch tears right there. I truly adore this show.
Jun 1, 2013 1:37 PM

Jan 2012
its time to dethrone the queen!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jun 1, 2013 2:20 PM
Mar 2012
Haha, Arata's parents. LOL
I still can't really grasp Arata's character... I'm not sure he and Chihaya see each other as something other than Karuta players.

I feel sorry for Porky, to have his hopes crushed like that. But he held his place well against Arata.
I think it's unrealistic how Chihaya won - twice. I hope the Queen brings her back to reality within 5 minutes. Then we can concentrate on the rest.
I really hope Taichi finally ends his string of bad luck and makes class A.
Jun 1, 2013 3:51 PM

May 2013
I hope Chihaya loses, I wanna see Queen x Arata.
Jun 1, 2013 4:33 PM
May 2013
This was one of my favourite episodes of the season. Arata praising Chihaya made me go insane oh my god they're the cutest thing I swear. Not seeing Mashima also made this episode even better. I did feel really sad for Nishida though ): I can't wait for the next episode, this match will be so intense.
Jun 1, 2013 5:18 PM

Dec 2009
As much as I like Chihaya, she must love against Shinobu. I want to see Arata vs Shinobu as the final match.
Jun 1, 2013 5:39 PM

Oct 2011
Chihaya found a way to play with her left hand

Nikuman-kun vs Arata. My feelings are all over the place T___T He was no match for him.

The ending scene with the next match took my breath away. Chihaya will use her right hand!!!!!
Jun 1, 2013 9:14 PM

Nov 2008
Not that I don't care how Chihaya or Arata are playing, but I really want to see how Taichi is playing. To be honest I felt bad for Nishida, since as soon as he got paired up with Arata...well it was pretty much hopeless. And now for the Queen...well to be honest I"m expecting Chihaya to utterly lose, because well the Queen is supposed to be great and Chihaya is injured so if the Queen doesn't win by a lot then I'm not gonna be impressed.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jun 1, 2013 9:56 PM

May 2012
I just knew she was getting paired with Shinobu the moment the slips were being drawn.

I was actually expecting the music to suddenly change tone a that moment, though.
Jun 2, 2013 3:01 AM

Sep 2011
Another great episode. Finally some Nishida. Too bad Taichi is stuck in B class. Having quarterfinals or semifinals Chihaya vs Shinobu and Arata vs Taichi would have been a blast.

However in the end all I have to say is: BRING IT ON, QUEEN!
Jun 2, 2013 4:02 AM

Sep 2011
Taichiiii. I hope you get into class A. Please win ;_;
pew pew pew
Jun 2, 2013 7:38 AM

Jul 2012
;______; POOR BBY! NISHIDA!!!! </3 I cried when he did. STUPID ARATA, Y U GOTTA BE SO GOOD? btw, LOL @ Arata's parents. Hilarious. XD

Damn. Shinobu vs Chihaya? Intensity over 9000... If my guessing is correct, Chihaya will lose the next round. I think it's way too early in the anime for the MC to beat the rival..

I want to see Taichi. ;_;

5/5 like usual Q_Q
Jun 2, 2013 8:19 AM

Jul 2009
OH MY GOD, this was an AMAZING episode *_*
Chihaya's first match was really good. I mean especially since she has to think about how to do things differently with her left hand ... TBH I was still expecting her to lose, but I guess once she figured out to flip her cards it was all good? Seriously, that's a little far-fetched for me, but I guess that's what you get in fiction lol. Loved her fangirling over her opponent though XD (I forget her name >_<)
REALLY great episode for Nishida. We haven't seen too much of him recently, but paired up against Arata ... ouch. Their childhood "rivalries" (but not really) and then wondering what he did for the team compared to everyone else ... it actually made me tear up when he lost, especially since he was trying so hard. (Lol @ Arata's parents though XD) Especially when he said he doesn't even play the hardest ... my heart T_T
I totally expected Chihaya to get paired with Shinobu XD Hopefully Shinobu wins (no way Chihaya can win with her injured hand, especially since she lost last year) and then she can play Arata ... now THAT would be a game to watch O_O
Looks like everyone else is doing well too - Komano, Kana, even Sumire! :O Except one person's missing .. WHAT ABOUT TAICHI?! D;
Jun 2, 2013 1:18 PM

Sep 2011
Loved the humorous moments in this episode.
Jun 2, 2013 2:43 PM

Oct 2007
dbaranyi said:
Poor Chihaya, she so badly wants to play Arata that she is throwing everything to the wind in order to try to get by Shinobu. But Shinobu also wants to play Arata so badly that she can taste him... <g>

Arata doesn't realize how lucky he is - two amazing women ready to kill each other over him!
Couldn't put it better than that myself.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 3, 2013 4:46 AM

Jul 2011
ohmystars said:
Where was this pacing all season!?! And FINALLY an Arata scene that lasts more than 5 seconds.

Arata is a boss!

Chihaya takes off her bandages?!!

Jun 3, 2013 6:33 AM

Apr 2009
I like these solo matches way more than I do the team matches. Loved this episode.

Jun 3, 2013 4:27 PM

Feb 2011
ainky said:
ohmystars said:

Arata is a boss!

Chihaya takes off her bandages?!!

LOL, yup, she's serious. Yes, Arata is the best. *_*
Jun 5, 2013 5:13 PM
Jul 2018
Siva said:
dbaranyi said:
Poor Chihaya, she so badly wants to play Arata that she is throwing everything to the wind in order to try to get by Shinobu. But Shinobu also wants to play Arata so badly that she can taste him... <g>

Arata doesn't realize how lucky he is - two amazing women ready to kill each other over him!
Couldn't put it better than that myself.

I second that.
Jun 5, 2013 9:25 PM

Jul 2009
Hybridbloodszak said:

OH MY GOD ROFLLLLLLL <3 <3 //saves pic

I KNOW RIGHT? BEST PICTURE!!!!!

WHY WAS THERE NO TAICHI THIS EPISODE????? DAMNIT GO HOME ARATA.
Jun 6, 2013 7:10 AM

Sep 2008
i STILL don't know if i like arata or taichi more.. X....X taichi is more.. delicate, cute and dependable...
arata is more mysterious, closed and has amazing accent
they're both strong, nice and manly so i would choose... both of them :3 :3 :3 >3

hmm..hmm... >.<
oxo.anime.xox.manga.oxo.
Jun 6, 2013 4:34 PM

Jan 2013
That last scene was soooo shonen
Rock Lee and the weights on his ankles
Yusuke and the spirit cuffs

hahaha loved it
Jun 7, 2013 5:15 AM

Jun 2011
WTF So now Chihaya is accurate and fast too even not with his dominant hand? That's very bullshit imho. I don't know if she has ever use her left hand, has any experience or feelings of using her left hand, but it's BS to believe that she could be fast and accurate with her left hand, I get it that Chihaya with her right hand is very strong, but with her left hand..? This show is trying to hard to make Chihaya wins, not only she got the talent of Suo, she can also swing using her right hand almost as fast and accurate as Shinobu, the current most talented youngest Queen, you're tell me that she can now beat any other A class players with her left hand?? Come on don't make Chihaya so unrealistically overpowered please!

As for Arata, lol at his parents. I initially thought that they're in fear of Arata losing, but they're actually hoping that he lose!! LOL! Poor Nikuman though, but if Arata is just at this level, he will not be a match of Suo, the current Master. Arata wins against Nikuman, who was a B class player last year, by about only 8 cards, not to mention Nikuman is probably one of the mid tier A class players, not even a high tier.. Arata will lose to Chihaya at this rate -.-!

I had so much problem with the author making Mizusawa so unbelievably strong. The girl who just started karuta months ago are now winning her first match (and she isn't very enthusiastic about karuta yet), creepy eyes-kun winning by default, and Taichi won, well that's normal because Taichi is strong! The author has made Desk-kun and Kana-chan so strong that there is no return now, so Desk-kun and Kana-chan should be able to win their matches easily.

I think they're trying really hard to make Chihaya looks cool at the end there, because a normal people wouldn't drop their aid band on the floor, it looked cooler, but tried too hard, seriously.. Now I can't take this anime seriously anymore, it's falling down further on my list, cya Chihayafuru

SO UNREALISTICALLY STRONG, MIZUSAWA! -.-

EDIT:
JCDRANZER said:
Episode 21 was great stuff, I loved it when Chihaya unraveled the bandage from her right hand out of respect to the Queen, when she found out she was matched up against her.

I guess it's pretty predictable as to what is going to happen from now on in this series and I want it to fast forward to the final matches already because that's where the real fun is at.

MAJOR SPOILERS....open at your own risk:-

GOOD GOD I've read your spoiler!! IT'S POISONOUS!! Can you please tell me whether the chapter of those parts translated? I don't think I'll be able to sleep without watching/reading through those episodes/chapters!!

Edit: Oh checked, chapter 89 was showing that match :) Darn shame the chapters before didn't get translated yet ): Oh well I can live with that match alone <3
ToG25thBaamJun 7, 2013 5:36 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2013

138 by bassyey »»
Mar 16, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2013

136 by fathandz »»
Feb 15, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2013

181 by fathandz »»
Feb 11, 3:38 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2013

110 by fathandz »»
Feb 7, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2013

93 by fathandz »»
Feb 5, 1:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.