Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Home Hero
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 2, 2023 10:36 AM

Apr 2022
Terrible animation, and It's a big shame because the rest seems decent so far.
Apr 2, 2023 10:39 AM

Jun 2021
I'm more excited to see what this story will turn into Anyways It was a banger episode
Looking forward for more ^^
Apr 2, 2023 10:40 AM
Dec 2022
Didn’t like it as much as I thought I would ):
Apr 2, 2023 10:51 AM

Jan 2018
Crazy af first episode with lots of things happening. This did leave me confused by the end though.
Apr 2, 2023 10:59 AM
Oct 2020
I'm afraid this is going to turn out to be crap of the season
Apr 2, 2023 11:12 AM

Jun 2017
I am just saying
Everyone saying that the daughter is an idiot is not being fair

Cases like hers are sadly frequent in this world, many women get abused by their boyfriends and they can't leave him for reasons. it's complicated and you shouldn't judge

aside from that, sub par animation aside,the rest seems intriguing and I am sucker for these stories
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Apr 2, 2023 11:26 AM

Apr 2018
I read half of the manga 3 to 4 monhts ago however it wasn't as crappy as what I just watched. The production is disappointing for sure, even with the incredibly stacked VA cast. Junichi Suwabe doesn't fit Tetsuo at all. But the voice actors for Kasen, Kubo and Yoshitatsu are literally close to perfect. Aside from that, the character design was done with almost no effort. I was completely invested while reading the manga, but the anime made it seem like some kind of joke although it's decent if you forget the horrible production. The OST on the other hand is quite good for a crime anime with a lot of suspense. Espically when he was on the phone and when Kubo told Kyouichi to investigate.

Tetsuo as a character at first glance is someone who seems like a weak minded person, but his journey is definitly worth following as he'll become a great father who'll protect his family at all cost. On the other hand, his daughter is just something else. I've never liked her and I probably won't ever because of her stupidity. Aside from that, the story was introduced pretty well and a great cliffhanger to end the first episode. 

This should have been a live action no matter what..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 2, 2023 11:32 AM

Apr 2021
The animation isn't that bad, it isn't stellar but it's average enough imo. It's no Mappa of course, but it's miles better than, let's say, the Hoshi no Samidare adaption. 
Apr 2, 2023 11:35 AM
May 2021
Akagami_shankss said:
Apratim said:

Huh? read the synopsis idiot 😂. Just interchange Mafia with Police family son. The basic plot of the anime becomes drishyam. I was talking about basic plot, not about the character's behavior or lifestyle 🤦🏻‍♂️

are u idiot or what not every thriller are inspired by drishyam stop this nonsense and use ur brains don't bring this bollywood shit here

Bruh you are really a 🤡, when did I said all thriller anime inspired from drishyam?
Apr 2, 2023 11:40 AM
Apr 2023
Apratim said:
Akagami_shankss said:

are u idiot or what not every thriller are inspired by drishyam stop this nonsense and use ur brains don't bring this bollywood shit here

Bruh you are really a 🤡, when did I said all thriller anime inspired from drishyam?

look at this who is this u dont even remember what u say???
Apr 2, 2023 11:45 AM

Mar 2014
To describe what I think about this episode let me quote Ron Burgundy "That escalated quickly"
Apr 2, 2023 11:45 AM
May 2021
Akagami_shankss said:
Apratim said:

look at this who is this u dont even remember what u say???

Ya i said this anime is kinda inspired from drishyam. Didn't said all thriller anime are inspired from it🤦🏻‍♂️
Apr 2, 2023 11:50 AM

Oct 2013
I feel like the adaptation was seriously lacking. The liberties they made, changes from the source, didn't improve the story in any real way. Instead, if anything, it changed the perception of the characters; mostly our MC. While the story, to this point, is obviously the same outcome. The journey to that outcome decided to skip a lot of little pieces, and sometimes add completely new dialogues. I feel like the director is trying too hard to justify the killing, by making her injuries worse and by overhearing more graphic information than the source presents. Idk, just my 2cents, take it or leave it lol.
Apr 2, 2023 11:54 AM
Jul 2016
Not the fucking rice cooker!!!!
erikkamirsApr 2, 2023 12:33 PM
Apr 2, 2023 12:03 PM

Apr 2020
On paper this kind of setting should be right up my alley. I think the premise of the Story is gripping enough.
Execution feels so clunky, tho.

Isn't the first Episode usually  the one with some budget attached to it? 
Scenes that should be working seemed a bit off to me...
Apr 2, 2023 12:13 PM
Jul 2015
I thik Ill like this anime very much ^^
Apr 2, 2023 12:18 PM
Dec 2021
Loved it.
Loved the mother's reaction. Absolutely loved it lmaoo
Apr 2, 2023 12:24 PM

Jul 2021
man this was pretty damn great, amazing even. no idea what's wrong with people rating this so low. this is an easy 7.5+ anime.

i really liked the opening song.

the wife is really based. no questioning just pure understanding.

this should be pretty good with seeing how they escape and stay safe from those yakuzas also seems like the man involved in the accident at the start was the father? that's what i thought from his voice.

anyway, 5/5 episode. looking forward to next one.
TsutanaiFuunApr 2, 2023 12:27 PM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Apr 2, 2023 12:33 PM

Mar 2020
So... this blows.
Apr 2, 2023 12:45 PM

Jun 2015
Holy shit.  Another epic opening, this season is bringing some wild shows.  Next eps pls!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 2, 2023 12:48 PM

Aug 2011
-DxP- said:
that was a wild start, a lot happened, I have a lot of questions, I didn't really understand everything. I found it strange how the characters behaved, the daughter seemed very relaxed (except for the scene where she cried for a few seconds), the mother also although MC killed someone etc. that was a bit strange. The episode didn't quite convince me, but it definitely has potential.

What she said! I've been so waiting for this since seeing the previews on a Youtube Spring release video. The first episode did not disappoint. 

I agree that the mother was much too calm; maybe she knew also and was planning something herself. I can't wait to find out.  

Apr 2, 2023 1:04 PM
Aug 2015
I should've expected this level of animation quality looking at the trailers, what a shame. This was one of my most hyped shows of the year because of the premise, but while plot-wise the adaptation doesn't look too shabby, the animation quality bottlenecked it really hard. I'll see if I would be able to handle it after 3 episodes and if not I'll probably just read the manga instead.
Apr 2, 2023 1:09 PM
Jun 2021
The animation looks from 2010. I believe the manga is way better than the anime.
Apr 2, 2023 1:10 PM
Jul 2022
Me watching this episode:

Oooooooooh boy, shit's about to go DOWN!!!

Apr 2, 2023 1:27 PM

Dec 2015
Well... it is what it is.
Apr 2, 2023 1:30 PM

Mar 2021
Wow, that is a fun start to a series. Cool premise, and they do not waste time getting to the instigating event. Pretty tense as far as things go, and I am looking forward to more.

I thought the production values were pretty good overall. The voice acting, OST, and direction all seemed on point. The animation did nothing to really impress me, but I cannot it say it was awful either. I realize a lot of people have been critical of the animation, but I did not notice anything that really took me out of the story (though, obviously, that is going to effect everybody differently).
Apr 2, 2023 1:48 PM
Jul 2020
This is a pretty good manga, it's a shame the anime isn't quite as good. Hopefully in the future it will be even better.

Apr 2, 2023 1:48 PM

Sep 2021
Out of the 70+ anime I've watched so far, I don't think I ever had such high expectations as for this one. I didn't read the manga (so I can't compare it to the animation), butI've been thrilled to see this ever since the first trailer. 

And I'm not disappointed! Not at all! I'm super hyped from this first episode, even though it was mostly "synopsis animated". 

The great basic plot and synopsis execution aside: I really love the main characters! They all feel very realistic in their actions and thoughts. 
Tetsuo is just an average dad, who loves his daugther and now ends up in this terrible situation. His relation to Reika was beautifully depicted with the piano piece she played for his birthday, but would not play again. And how he panicked on how to "solve the boyfriend issue" was so exciting. 
Meanwhile Reika is a normal teenage girl who is blinded by love and ended up with a Yakuza boyfriend. She'll face a rude awakening soon, as her puberty dreams fall apart...
But my favorite character has to be Kasen. She is the down-to-earth pillar of the family, both super confident and loyal. I love how she was just there for her husband and managed everything when she arrived at the crime scene. At the same time, she has no hesitation to state her opinion. "Someone like that should just die."

The animation might not be top-notch, but that really doesn't matter to me with that plot and characters. Because aside form being perfectly relatable, the kill scene was beautiful, with the distorted images and all. 

Now, I really hope this continues as great as it started. I can't wait to see this whole drama unfold! 
Apr 2, 2023 1:49 PM
Jul 2020
parent's who does anything for your daugher with a exciting suspense story
Apr 2, 2023 1:49 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, this seems interesting! More than the father, I was more surprised by the mother's willingness to accept the situation there. Certainly not a normal family, right? 

I was expecting something like Inuyashiki, and it seems like it does have its similarities but it will be a different sort of take into the yakuza affairs. 
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 2, 2023 1:50 PM

Mar 2023
I liked it. I usually like this kind lf stuff tho. Looking forward to ep 2.
Apr 2, 2023 1:51 PM
Dec 2022
Goukenslay said:
im 10 mins in and this dad seems god damn uselss

Saying this so fast before even watching the full episode bro wow
Apr 2, 2023 1:54 PM

Nov 2013
Animation was kinda weird, suspense is real though. Is the dad going to kill the scout-dude too? It will be funny if this starts a chain reaction and he continues dropping people (yakuza).

I'm bit pissed how girls date such scumbags. Real life is sadly full of such examples. What are they even thinking?
Apr 2, 2023 1:57 PM

Nov 2012
Interesting first episode.  It caught my attention.  I am particularly interested in the crazy boss. 
Apr 2, 2023 2:04 PM
May 2021
eh, i didn't really like the first episode that much. it's not necessarily bad, just not something im interested in. i also don't particularly like the art/animation. ofc this is all just my opinions. ill give it another episode or two before i decide if i want to drop it or not
My 2023 candies:
Apr 2, 2023 2:46 PM
Oct 2022
Tells about a father who protects his daughter from crime. and kill criminals who threaten his daughter's life. Hemm might be a very interesting story. What obstacles will a father go through to protect his daughter. Oh, I can't wait to see the next story
Apr 2, 2023 2:55 PM

Jan 2013
The manga deserved better adoptation. It looked generic as hell.
Apr 2, 2023 3:09 PM
May 2020
Me thinks the plot armor is strong in this one.
The Yakuza would have killed everyone already after finding the body.
Mom, Dad and Daughter house fire WOOSH! And the pacing a tale like this needs to be a slow burn,

Not that I don't like the idea of this it's a stretch just like Buddy Daddies for dealing with the real world.
Apr 2, 2023 3:11 PM
Dec 2022
erikkamirs said:
Not the fucking rice cooker!!!!

Uncle Roger will panic as fuck if he see this 😂 (mrnigelng YouTube Channel)
Apr 2, 2023 3:21 PM
Mar 2022
For those who love unique anime, this is probably nice. If they can handle intense drama and stress (which I'm not). My heart literally sinks after knowing that her daughter is dating a gang member and abused her causing bruises in her face. Probably in her body too as it is not shown. I can literally feel the fear and worry of her father.

The animation suits its genre and plot, that's why it's kinda dark.
onezerotwo345Apr 2, 2023 3:25 PM
Apr 2, 2023 3:39 PM
Aug 2012
The emotions were weird and stiff. This should be a drama not an anime.
Apr 2, 2023 3:49 PM

Feb 2021
A very good start! I really hope that they do the second season!
MemoreApr 2, 2023 3:52 PM
Apr 2, 2023 4:31 PM
Oct 2013
Its too bad the premice is not bad but wow its so ugly for a first episode
Apr 2, 2023 4:33 PM

Aug 2014
The production quality is a mess and the pacing made it hard for me to understand the tone and context of what was actually happening. That said it wasn’t terrible. Hopefully it can keep me interested for another.
Apr 2, 2023 5:27 PM

Apr 2009
absurd plot. one of the worst i've seen in a while
Apr 2, 2023 6:13 PM

Nov 2021
Nothing interesting here, feel free to drop or torture yourself watching such a mess of boring setting and nobody cares about any of their shitty characters...

Apr 2, 2023 7:27 PM
Jun 2021
Sir_Alpha_ said:
TGAvi said:

What about animation and art style ?

I don't know how is the character design in the manga and I'm not an expert in animation, but in my opinion it has a too decent animation for an anime of this style, I even feel that a great point in its favor is that the color palette looks a little darker than what we usually see.

Also one of the things I liked the most were the character designs, especially the main character's looks great considering he is a man of almost 50 years old.

Sorry for my bad English, I hope you understand the idea I'm trying to convey.

I loved that it's a little darker.
Apr 2, 2023 7:32 PM
Oct 2018
Damn, when your show starts off with panning stills of a crowded station and no actual animation, you know the production is going to be shit. I don't think anything that wasn't a main character moved at all in this entire episode. The directing also felt weak. Cutting away from the phone call/murder and then back to it the way they did just felt really awkward for no reason. The daughter is dumb as hell, but a lot of real people are dumb in the exact same way so it's not unrealistic I guess. The boyfriend seemed almost too stupid and evil. Like who brags to people about having no control over yourself and killing women? I feel like more could have been gained from the situation if the daughters doom didn't seem quite as certain but from our perspective, the dad didn't have a choice.

I liked pretty much everything else. Feels like it's really let down by it's poor production but I'm not about to go read a manga so I guess I'll stick with it for a few more episodes and then decide to drop it or not.
Apr 2, 2023 7:40 PM

Apr 2022
i mean the premise is decent but the execution feels a bit off. idk how to say it but it just feels unnatural, the father would think of restraining that guy but killing? and the mom brushes it off so easily as self-defense? i know anime ain't too realistic but these type of shows gotta be more logical. the guy overreacts too much and the daughter is a bit of an idiot, for the sake of the plot i guess.
animation is very subpar but it's only the first episode, i'll see it all the way through.
ryzxgumApr 2, 2023 7:46 PM
Apr 2, 2023 7:47 PM

Sep 2018
Holy shit, one of the most contrived, inorganic first episodes I have ever seen. Such a shame, because the synopsis sounded really intriguing. Especially the dialogue, so jarring lol
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Till what chapter is it adapted?

tweetoot - May 19

6 by AnimeFan500 »»
May 22, 8:36 PM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2023

111 by WhitestYaku »»
May 18, 9:44 AM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2023

95 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 29, 2:10 PM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2023

120 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 29, 12:59 PM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2023

66 by HanageShinken »»
Mar 5, 4:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.