Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 10 Discussion

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side: Sword Oratoria (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 17, 2017 7:46 PM

Oct 2013
Aiz is looking for a hero...Bell
Jun 17, 2017 11:58 PM

Mar 2016
This just hypes me up for season 2 of the original DanMachi series! I love Bell as a character he is so awesome! Plus the King dude was pretty badass but even he seemed intimidated by Finn...just how badass is Finn! I hope we see him fight more soon. Like I said this just excites me for the next season and I'm interested to see what they do with the plot in the last couple of episodes they have left for this anime! Should be fun
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 18, 2017 12:30 AM
Feb 2015
Lelouch0202 said:
The second half felt more like a Danmachi episode than an episode of Sword Oratoria. xD
Great episode though.

Nice moment between Gareth, Finn and Riveria.
Lefiya is still jealous of Bell, but glad to see that both Bell's and Lefiya's training is paying off.

Interesting encounter with the level 7 dude. Finn is awesome. xD

I'm glad we got to see the Bell vs Minotaur again, still as epic as I remember it.
There wasn't much in terms of progression for the Oratoria plot but the episode did well to establish the concurrence to the original series.
whatz going on with thr freya familia ?
Jun 18, 2017 10:29 AM

Mar 2013
Cool episode. It was nice to see Bell fighting that Minataur again. And it had impact this time. Maybe coz we didn't get to see him in action until now in this spin-off? Haha.
Jun 18, 2017 10:48 AM

May 2010
God I read Bell's stats on the Danmachi's wiki and I went ...
OP as hell. I mean. It's good he works hard towards it but still. OP as hell. And that's mostly never a good thing.
Jun 18, 2017 1:57 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode.

Love the tie in with Bell's fight with the Minotaur and the familia's expedition.

Hmm the conspiracy that Ains and her familia faces sure is getting larger. So even members of Freya's familia is serving this lady eh. The plot certainly is thickening. Hmm despite that it seems that the ones responsible are pretty confident that Loki's expedition will make it to lv59 though. Hmm its rare to see Ains be put on the back foot though but this is a result of the hard training that Lefiya has gone through with both Ains and Filvis. Nice to see that she can now perform concurrent chanting though. Its nice to see that her rivalry with Bell has made Lefiya more diligent as she tries to outdo Bell and also be able to help her friends as well. Lol man that's a huge queue of familia members that need to be leveled up though. Quite a lot of work for Loki alone though. I guess that happens on the eve of every expedition i guess as they would want to show to their fellow members the fruits of their labor i guess. Ains rank up has only made it more so lol. But man if Finn and the others do manage to make it to lv59 then they really would make history as that is still pretty much unexplored. Hmm so the initial party that later become Loki's familia was just Finn, Gareth and Riveria eh. Man have things grown since then. Still never knew that Finn had that much ambition though. Looking back at the past though can be a interesting experience though. Lol Lefiya's rivalry sure comes out at funny times though lol.

Looks like this expedition will be pretty large scale eh. Lol that female blacksmith sure is bold though in treating Bete like that lol. But it seems they worked alongside the Loki familia before though. Hmm it looks like Andromeda's familia is often used to carry out small tasks then. Hmm its unsurprising that Ains will be in the first wave the vanguard though considering she's one of their best fighters. Still it looks like Lefiya is in pretty high spirits though and now that she has the skills and the confidence to back that up im keen to see how well she does. Lol the sisters are as funny as ever. Hmm i guess when Ains hears that Bell is involved she will rush off to see whether she can help i guess. After all she wants to determine how Bell is getting strong so fast. Hmm a cameo from Lily eh. Hmm man this dual request from the king sure came out of nowhere though. I can see why this guy has the nickname the king though. Hmm so the king is the only lv7 adventurer in the city eh. Im surprised that the king is able to weather Ain's blows as if they were nothing though. Hmm using the intervention of her friends as a chance to escape the king eh. Smart move but she really needs to explain to them later though. So the king is part of Freya's familia eh. Because of this i can see why Finn is determined to determine if they intend to stand in their way though. Damm but Lily's injuries look pretty bad. Its nice that we finally get to see Bell's dual with the Minotaur from Ains and her friends perspective though. I think Bell would be proud that his skill in combat despite his low level is being praised by veteran adventurers like Finn and the members of his familia though. The tale of Argonaut though is a nice allusion to Bell's growth though. Hmm so Bell and Lily were rushed back to the city by Riveria and Ains eh. Must have been quite the run though.

Hmm after finding out just who Aria was i guess its natural for Lefiya to be curious into what she is. So even for a large familia like Loki's lv59 is still unexplored territory eh. Hmm the ambush of Ains and Bell though sure look to be organised though considering the numbers they are facing. It seems that these guys are part of the mysterious god that has been orchestrating these past events then considering the words in that warning. Hestia is still as feisty as ever eh lol. Nice to see her again though. Hestia is still as possessive as ever though. Lol boobs exercise eh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2017 5:40 PM
Jan 2017
Well,so the adventurer king trained the minotaur and bell defeated him with lv 1.
Good job bell.
Luckily there wasn't much Lefiya in this episode,thats always nice.
Jun 18, 2017 7:32 PM

Jan 2013
I'd like to see a comparison to know which scenes were reused and which were from new angles. Most of the fight must have been reused. Too bad it won't go further.
Jun 19, 2017 6:03 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
It's funny that this is the best episode for me cause i got to see BITS of the Bell vs. Minotaur fight, that's how fucking awesome that was.

Jun 20, 2017 11:02 PM

Oct 2008
So this was the epic episode about the epic fight between Bell Cranel and that Minotaurus!
Damn a level 7 is so OP!
4/5.

Jun 21, 2017 5:01 PM
Apr 2016
bell was cool as always
Jun 21, 2017 7:12 PM
Jul 2015
So I've finally caught up.

First things first I absolutely detest Lefiya. I don't remember her, don't know why she's in it, but everything about her character is infuriating. If she wasn't in the original I don't see why this 'different perspective' version couldn't have fleshed out the other characters more, I didn't like bette much before but he's really grown on me. This story works best when it serves as a back story to original but we get this random bs of Lefiya for no reason. If it wasn't for the potential cameos of my boy Bell I would not be watching this.

Bell's why I watch this series so this episode would have been perfect if not for a certain someone. I will never get tired of the minator fight, I was going to revisit it after binging this but now I don't have to.

The extra info on Ais we've been getting is interesting; I'd always hoped she was in to Bell for who he is but it looks like she's just focused on his strength and nothing else :(

I dunno how many episodes are left but this was kind of a failure for me, all it did was remind me how much I enjoyed the original series.
Jun 23, 2017 12:38 AM

Jun 2008
This Bell guy should have his own anime!!!
Jun 24, 2017 7:17 PM

Apr 2011
Was good to see Bell vs Minotaur again.
Jun 26, 2017 12:07 AM

Jul 2013
Well it is really interesting to see the Bell versus that Bull in someone else's perspective.
Jun 27, 2017 5:53 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode!
Finn's scene was so badass, he wasn't even afraid of that guy.
And wow, i'm impressed that there is someone at Lvl 6, he is the only guy.
Can't believe i've forgotten that epic battle where Bell fought that minotaur alone. This reminded me of how epic that was.
The next 2 episodes will be very intense.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 1, 2017 3:56 AM

Aug 2016
Always glad to see Bell and others from Danmachi. Even recyclited scenes don't mind me, you know, fight against minotaur is awesome, you can see it again. And its not so onesides slaughter yet like lvl 6 fighting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2017 6:47 PM

May 2012
We're reaching the end of this series, and well it does get a bit more merged with the main story! So I am wondering what the last two episodes will offer!
Jul 8, 2017 1:50 PM

Jul 2009
That is Bell's best moment for sure...
Jul 11, 2017 9:22 AM

Dec 2016
This episode was just as hype as when we first saw the fight between Bell and the Minotaur!!

Also that level 7 guy looks like a badass
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 21, 2017 4:27 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Great episode, lots of things in motion. I had no idea that guy was a level 7, that brings a few things into perspective from the last season.

I still can't get over how amazing that battle between Bell and the Minotaur is. It's so passionate and emotionally charged, coupled with terrific animation; it's easily one of my favorite anime battles in years.
Aug 1, 2017 10:55 PM

Dec 2012
They better not attack our one true goddess, Hestia.
Let me go home with you, Hestia.
Flat chest work out.
OMG! ALL DAT BACK AND BOOTY!
lol at Lefiya when she see's Bell.
Dat fist bump.
Lulune gave Ais a pendant.
Who is that megane-chan in the white and purple? She has a cute face and nice oppai.
He's level 7?
Bell is in trouble again.
Is he going to be saved by Ais again?
He's tired of Ais saving him.
The minotaur's love Yoshitsugu.
Ais said it. This is Bell's story.
Yoshitsugu beating the Minotaur again.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 9, 2019 12:51 AM

May 2015
Oh shit that was epic.
I watched Danmachi like years ago when it first aired. I didn't remember the fight with the minotaur to be this cool.
Not sure if that scene will count towards my final rating for this series, since that's straight up taken from the old Danmachi.
Anyway best ep so far.
Jul 13, 2019 3:16 PM

Apr 2013
Bell vs Minotaur is still as Badass as i remember, had to watch the Danmachi version again too while watching this because it's just this Awesome
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Jul 17, 2019 11:31 AM

Apr 2009
Awesome! I got to see Bell vs The Minotaur again. Still badass fight scenes as the first time I saw it.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 3, 2019 4:27 PM

Oct 2012
Man, it was great to revisit Bell's triumph from different perspective, they really made that moment seem like something out of ancient epic. But it couldn't be helped as this one was defining moment even for Ais.

But really, whole thing was honestly like 100% better than in the original anime, whole episode flew better, there was better music and the tension and pace were on spot too. They made whole scene look really awesome.

(Also, if you watched the end of Argonaut story from Memoria Freese, that was really nice throwback to all that happened in this episode)
Sep 27, 2020 6:53 PM

Oct 2016
It was nice to see Bell's moment against the minotaur again, that will never get old and I think that's still the best fight in the series animation wise. But, seeing the perspective of the Loki Familia makes it all the more great.

I liked the Finn, Riveria and Gareth scene when they were reminiscing that was great.
Oct 1, 2020 10:11 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lol. The warning from the god of beauty! Here when the jealousy of Freya reached an insane amount of limit, until he forced the King, Ottarl, to trained the damn Minotaur and taught my boy, some good lesson. Actually, it was not only him, but to Wallenstein too! Its nice to see more insight of a psychological war between Finn and Ottarl in the near end scenes. Its really interesting if that shit really happened! XD However, ofc, Ottarl decided to move away because his role already done on that. Such a wise decision, King!

Also, its less Lefiya antic on there. Such as a shame. They even not leave any traces from the previous plot, that Uranus behind the screen scheme. A flash backgrounds story of the trio senior adventurer in the Loki Familia just great. The determination of Finn looks more intimidating than my boy. I mean, look at his look when in front of the King! The group of Loki when facing the battle of Bell kinda underwhelming the feeling there. But, actually its pretty decent. So, its still shaped up in a good terms!

So, thats it. The beginning of the friction, between the two great families in the Orario. Fortunately, it seemed the problem won't last long. Because, in the second season, the two of them have a strong bond again, somehow. So lets the next two episodes, what things left to be wrapped up!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 19, 2020 5:20 PM

Apr 2019
Almost feels like I'm rewatching, but surprisingly im enjoying watching this more than the original danmachi.

Nov 18, 2022 2:48 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
They re-used tons from S1 of the main series but it was still well done and had me recall old times.
Feb 26, 2023 11:45 AM

Nov 2010
Ottar vs. Ais fight was cool! I wish it lasted a bit longer. Damn, he's a level 7, and the gap is massive. I wonder if a person at level 8 and beyond exists.
Aug 7, 2023 1:50 PM
Nov 2022
siempre me parecio que si bell se hubiese equivocado en un solo paso contra ese minotauro...otro final y muy decepcionante tuvieramos....
Aug 26, 2023 3:34 AM

Nov 2013
I still don't get this whole "Gods" thing.
Are they immortal? Do they live like thousands of years? Can they be killed? They sure can't go to the dungeons, but they do this when they really want... I totally lost in this lore.
Jan 30, 4:03 PM

Nov 2009

Loki and Tiona... should just "massage" each other, lol.

Too bad for Loki, she couldn't "abuse" anyone this time since there was too many people to go through the updating.

And we go to the epic fight scene Bell did in the Main Story, still awesome to see.

(ppls complain they reuse content, but I say this reuse is very welcome, who the hell would hate this fight scene?)

amlgJan 31, 5:09 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 15, 9:03 AM
Jun 2023
The tenth episode of DanMachi Sword Oratoria unravels the truth and delivers a captivating and emotionally charged viewing experience. With its compelling storyline and character development, this episode keeps viewers on the edge of their seats, eagerly anticipating the revelations that lie ahead.

The animation quality continues to impress, immersing viewers in the intricate world of Orario with its stunning visuals and attention to detail. From the labyrinthine depths to the bustling city streets, each scene is brought to life with fluid animation and vibrant colors. The action sequences are dynamic and visually captivating, showcasing the characters' growth and abilities.

Character development takes center stage once again in this episode, as the truth behind the events of the series begins to unfold. The complex motivations and past traumas of the characters are explored, shedding light on their actions and choices. The interactions among the characters are emotionally charged, deepening their relationships and adding layers of complexity to their personalities.

The plot unfolds with gripping intensity, as the characters face the consequences of their past actions and confront the underlying mysteries within Orario. The pacing remains consistent, blending moments of action, suspense, and character-driven narratives. Each revelation adds depth to the overall narrative, further immersing viewers in the intricate world of Sword Oratoria.

Episode 10 presents intense confrontations and pivotal moments of self-discovery, as the characters come face to face with their true selves and the truths they have been seeking. The battles are not only physical but also internal, as the characters grapple with their own flaws and past mistakes. These moments provide both thrilling action and thought-provoking introspection.

The soundtrack enhances the overall experience, heightening the emotions and tension within each scene. The music complements the action sequences and adds depth to quieter moments, effectively immersing viewers in the world of Sword Oratoria. The opening and ending themes continue to capture the essence of the series, adding to its overall appeal.

While Sword Oratoria can be enjoyed as a standalone series, having prior knowledge of the events and characters from the main series, DanMachi, enhances the viewing experience and understanding of the world of Orario.

In conclusion, the tenth episode of DanMachi Sword Oratoria delivers a captivating and emotionally charged viewing experience. With its impressive animation, well-developed characters, and intriguing plot developments, it keeps viewers engaged and invested in the story. Fans of the original series will be delighted by the unveiling of truth and the profound character growth and self-discovery within Sword Oratoria as the series approaches its climax.
Danmachi Best Anime WW

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2017

70 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 27, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

54 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 24, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

136 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

86 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:02 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26, 2017

48 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.