Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 17, 2016 1:12 AM

Dec 2010
Not a fan of the tired Anointed One and kids saves the world trope, and the "throw action scenes at the audience so you don't need a plot" Michael Bay style.

Dropped.
Jan 17, 2016 1:24 AM
Sep 2012
No body told me this would have mechs. And by god that slug fight was fantastic. Picked up
Jan 17, 2016 2:27 AM

Jan 2013
Dont like constant random action without much explanation.
Jan 17, 2016 2:33 AM

Oct 2015
The action in this episode went everywhere, it was a bit stupid to be honest. I normally don't like mechs but this one I don't really mind it looks great. The CGI is actually pretty ok, I don't mind watching it anymore though it seems a little stuttery to me.
This story is also intriguing me quite a bit. Its not something I've seen before. Though its not like I've watched a ridiculous amount of anime.

I really like both the op and the ed in this show
Jan 17, 2016 2:56 AM

Dec 2014
feels too much wack.. gonna drop it
Jan 17, 2016 4:20 AM

Aug 2014
I have never been so pissed off by an entire cast in a series until now. I felt frustrated at some of the actions of the characters especially some of the actions of the Main Character. Sure, the fight scene was kind of good.. But, I will give it a few.. Now, if you will excuse me.. I will try to destroy on what I saw in this episode
Jan 17, 2016 5:01 AM

Mar 2010
I want to like this series more but until they explain why phsyco redhead hates mc's mother so much and why a group of lying adults are trying to kill a group of children I'm afraid I can't continue, I don't mind bad guys who want to take over the world but villains who have no explainable reason for being dicks is what puts me right off, especially dumb villains who are only bad because they are gullible and were promised some false shit (see Symphogear Seasons 1 and 2).

Episode 3 better explain this or probably won't continue it, it's a real shame because I've become a fan of CG anime after Sidonia and Nobunaga Concerto and I think it has a good idea happening but it's let down by it's currently "pointless" villains and cookie cutter group of main characters (hesitant main, shy girl, angry guy, carefree and exiteable extras).
Jan 17, 2016 5:04 AM

Apr 2011
Is the Reiko person his sister? Seems like they will throw a loop in like, time stopped for her. Idk like this alot but still a a little confused
Jan 17, 2016 5:05 AM
Dec 2011
Jryou said:
I want to like this series more but until they explain why phsyco redhead hates mc's mother so much and why a group of lying adults are trying to kill a group of children I'm afraid I can't continue, I don't mind bad guys who want to take over the world but villains who have no explainable reason for being dicks is what puts me right off, especially dumb villains who are only bad because they are gullible and were promised some false shit (see Symphogear Seasons 1 and 2).

Episode 3 better explain this or probably won't continue it, it's a real shame because I've become a fan of CG anime after Sidonia and Nobunaga Concerto and I think it has a good idea happening but it's let down by it's currently "pointless" villains and cookie cutter group of main characters (hesitant main, shy girl, angry guy, carefree and exiteable extras).

You expect a 2 cour show explain something that fast?
Jan 17, 2016 7:48 AM

Aug 2015
OP and ED are pretty good including the visuals on it, CGI action acenes are decent, but there are some derpy CGI animation on some parts of this ep, most of all these kids are pretty annoying lol, added with a crazy psycho bitch named Reoko. Wooh this is gonna be a tough ride I guess.
MizunashiJan 17, 2016 5:21 PM
Jan 17, 2016 8:40 AM

Apr 2013
the CGI looks pretty good and neat, and the OP song is great. Hope the story gets better gradually.
Jan 17, 2016 9:05 AM

Sep 2011
Nigami_Shin said:
boring episode, feels like a show for children or young teenagers, made to advertise some buranki mecha toys (the edgy guy sucks so hard)

close to dropping this.

Kinda share the same opinon. Also most of the decent characters just simply disappeared on the first half of the first episode whitout any explanations...
It had some good action scenes, though
Jan 17, 2016 11:18 AM

Jun 2012
When at it's best the CGI seems better than Sidonia and other shows but when it's at it's worst(almost all the time) it's really frustrating to watch...
Jan 17, 2016 12:48 PM

Nov 2009
I like the first episode, but this one is a step back in comparison...
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jan 17, 2016 6:09 PM

Mar 2014
Yeah, this show really surprised me so far. I barely decided to give thisshow a shot and soglad I did! This is friggin awesome! -que Thrift Shop-

CGI is not as annoyingly obvious as God Eater which is good.

Kids here all in all act like ordinary kids would act in the given situation. Obviously they've seen shit and they're fighting for a strong purpose. Since it seems like Oubu "chose" these random kids to be a part of this team they're going to have some differences to get over. This is like any group project iin school where the teacher throws you together into a mismattch group which I guss is what bothrs many people- being painfully reminded of a dysfunctional team. I find it really fun I find their dysfunction to be a strong dynamic within the team, if thatmakes snse.

Not sure if this was explained yet, but why exactly are these Burankis fighting anyway? Are rhese guys two opposing rebellion groups (Rebelling the government)? Why did these people kill Migite girl's father?

Actually I think these guys (Reoko andfriends) work as the government's henchmen, but why did those guys sem to hate them though?

Sigghh this is confusing for now. Still flippin dark and awesome! Love it!
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
Jan 17, 2016 7:41 PM

Feb 2011
lost interest
it's alright but meh

Jan 17, 2016 11:15 PM

Aug 2013
Ok, I wish there was some kind of reason why the spear guy constantly acts like a little faggot. He's literally just garbage for the sake of being garbage.

So...the crazy red haired girl has been trapped in her 16 year old body for 24 years. Meaning she's actually 40. So that means she must have a long time connection to the mother. It would explain her hatred a bit more, because hating someone just from a mech falling 10 years ago is retarded. But, if she knew the mother for a long time, and something the mom did 24 years ago is the reason she is stuck in a teenage body, then it would make sense. It probably also means she has in depth insight on Buranki, which probably made her takeover and rewrite of history a lot easier. (funny how she's the same seiyuu who voices sweet little yamato from ore monogatari, lmao).

Still hoping that the sister reappears as an enemy. I proposed a theory last week on why she might end up being swayed to red haired girls side. Now that we know red hair knows the mother, that could be used as another persuasion tactic to get the twin sister on the villain side.

Konomi Suzuki OP and Mythroid ED...uh, fuck yes.
Jan 17, 2016 11:21 PM

Aug 2013
rsc-pl said:
1. Boring, I hate non stop action.
2. If characters animation would be 2d, it would look really nice, environment looks great, but 3d characters made it looks awful. If anime in general will go that way, I will stop watching new shows. I can't stand CG.
3. Last chance in next week. If it will be still almost 100% action, then there is nothing which would keep me watching it.
2/5 for nice OP.

Lmao, says the guy that says all CGI sucks, all dubs suck, and that "true" subs have TL notes.
Jan 17, 2016 11:53 PM

Aug 2013
Jonesy974 said:
rsc-pl said:
1. Boring, I hate non stop action.
2. If characters animation would be 2d, it would look really nice, environment looks great, but 3d characters made it looks awful. If anime in general will go that way, I will stop watching new shows. I can't stand CG.
3. Last chance in next week. If it will be still almost 100% action, then there is nothing which would keep me watching it.
2/5 for nice OP.

Lmao, says the guy that says all CGI sucks, all dubs suck, and that "true" subs have TL notes.

And so? You don't have anything to say, so you are quoting what I wrote on my profile in single anime episode thread ? I don't know for what reason, but it's rather retarded. And it's not my concern if you like simplified out of context liberal shit translations or emotionless dubs with that translations. If you don't have anything to say, just shut up.
rsc-plJan 18, 2016 12:02 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 18, 2016 12:14 AM

Aug 2013
rsc-pl said:
Jonesy974 said:

And so? You don't have anything to say, so you are quoting what I wrote on my profile in single anime episode thread ? I don't know for what reason, but it's rather retarded. And it's not my concern if you like simplified out of context liberal shit translations or emotionless dubs with that translations. If you don't have anything to say, just shut up.

Because anything that doesn't have TL notes must be commie tier. Lmao. I'm sure you wouldn't know an accurate translation if it cockslapped you in the face while you gargled the ball bag.

And trying to generalize all dubs as terrible when you've probably seen like two, makes you look even more ridiculous.

#staystupid
Jan 18, 2016 1:03 AM

Dec 2010
...this is becoming underrated like "Knights of Sidonia" and "Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova" mainly because of the CG this deserve better rating
Jan 18, 2016 1:10 AM
Jul 2018
That fight was kind of interesting even though the CG looked worse than last time, I’m interested in learning more about this world and the history between Migawa and Reoko but for now I’ll stick with saying it was an okayish episode. I want more explanations though.
Jan 18, 2016 7:43 AM

Nov 2011
The plot is still immersed in a thick fog, nothing transpires except what we are shown in this episode, the narrative a little too fast, things you have to understand them on the fly without an explanation. Outstanding graphic and technical level, the 3DCG is excellent, ever seen on an anime series. :)
Jan 18, 2016 8:30 AM
Jul 2014
I don't know ... it feels pretty bad to me ...

The mother in episode 1 did pretty cool things and now we have those little kids (what 10 years old ?) that are actually Power Rangers ... (you know ... the megazord thingy with the parts).

And I personally I really can't get used to the 3D ... it doesn't feel like they have "souls" and more like a parody, feels like an american cartoon to me.

Plus dialogs are strange and doesn't make sense, as well as actions (like he hugs her sister (am I right here ? Doesn't feel like they really are brother and sister though ...) and the bubuki hits him, then he just say "Thanks for helping me", just what the heck ?).

Parody : Typical evil laugh of an evil redhead girl, the guy that think he's the best but isn't, the crazy girl, the other crazy but yet "calm" dirty jokes girl (I bet she is), I'll fight you because I've been asked to, yet I don't know you or why I should, that evil pistol hat guy that reminds me of one of the guys from RWBY (like exactly him).

Wait & See but seems pretty bad for me ... gonna end up like Comet Lucifer with dancing vegetables.
Jan 18, 2016 9:57 AM
Sep 2012
RediceRyan said:

I agree 2 episodes in and we have yet to have any real context or explanation as to what the hell is going on. Whats the difference between a bubuki and buranki? They both simply appear to be mechs that are controlled by people. Why the hell is the mom none as a witch? Why the hell is there a floating island of mechs in the sky? If we don't start getting some answers next episode as to what the hell is going on ill be dropping it.
Jan 18, 2016 1:49 PM

Apr 2013
I'm going to continue to follow this one, but it's lost some of the allure that the first episode had presented in this episode. The action scene didn't feel earned, for starters, and the spear wielder is irritating beyond belief. Add in the fact that next to nothing is known about the world, and we still have no idea what happened to Azama's sister or father - despite their prevalence in the first half of the previous episode - and this one has plenty of flaws to drag it down.

However, on the positive side, there is still plenty of time for the show to actually shine, so I'm willing to give it a little longer to see where it ends up. It's only on the second episode and they could definitely improve from there. Also, the villains feel, mostly, villainous without feeling cheap. That's always great! Plus that ending theme is awesome! Even better than Myth&Roid's ending for Overlord, and that one was definitely one of my favourite ending themes of 2015.
Jan 18, 2016 4:42 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Really liking this show. The CGI is well done, but it has this look that makes it seem semi-2D, and that's what I really like about it. Honestly, it reminds me a little of Kill la Kill with how it looks.

Insane villains? Definitely a plus there.

That one guy in the group is kind of a jackass.

I do like how each of their Bubuki are limbs to a Buranki. OP was nice, ED was cool.

Girl with glasses is becoming my favorite quickly. She's got spunk.
Jan 18, 2016 4:50 PM

Jul 2014
Damn, such an interesting vibrant world, and such a boring route it seems to go.
I am sad that they somehow lost the cheecky problematic sister. She's be a better protag, maybe.
And now it's yet another kids vs the world story, there's even the combining to make a robot stuff.

Starts to feel like a waste.
Jan 18, 2016 6:46 PM

Oct 2011
All the Buranki were parts of the Oubu. Azuma was the heart of it OMG

Reoko is his sister?
Jan 18, 2016 9:11 PM
May 2011
Hahaha it's power rangers with an even cornier plot. I love it.
Jan 18, 2016 9:27 PM

Jun 2013
Personally, I think this is a great show.
Jan 18, 2016 9:39 PM

Dec 2009
This show is different....
The 3d animation they use is odd, the chars make such hilarious contorted faces.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 19, 2016 6:45 AM

Nov 2011
I know they got magical shield around them but bunch of kids standing on a mecha while it is fighting another mecha is pretty stupid. If I were the enemy, I'll just send them flying with a mecha bitch slap. These kids are dumb.

Jan 19, 2016 2:47 PM

Jun 2013
well that was really intense and surprisingly good the OP and ED are cool
Jan 19, 2016 3:58 PM

Mar 2014
Applesaucey said:
RediceRyan said:

I agree 2 episodes in and we have yet to have any real context or explanation as to what the hell is going on. Whats the difference between a bubuki and buranki? They both simply appear to be mechs that are controlled by people. Why the hell is the mom none as a witch? Why the hell is there a floating island of mechs in the sky? If we don't start getting some answers next episode as to what the hell is going on ill be dropping it.

To answer some of your questions, a bubuki is a limb of a buranki. Buranki is a sort of robot with parts and each part of it, bubuki, is controlled by a person.

The mom being seen as a witch has a couple of different possible explanations:

People see what she did as evil/wrong, I think they mentioned what she did killed people. So they see her as a witch. Also it could be that the higher ups are trying to manipulate the lower people to see the woman as a witch and fear the power she has so they don't get jealous of those who have this power and try to obtain it themselves.

My theory about the island is it's going to be some sort of story where Bubuki and humans could not live together so bubuki made the island so they could live in peace and the few humans who wanted to keep living with them did or the humans wanted someone there to make sure the bubuki did not go crazy and picked the mom to be the "gatekeeper"
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
Jan 19, 2016 7:17 PM

Apr 2010
That was mind-numbingly awful. At least the ED was good.
antonnJan 19, 2016 7:22 PM
Jan 20, 2016 3:42 AM

Jun 2015
I had really high hopes for this, what happened ?
The first episode was way better. Hope it'll not stay like this and gets better
Jan 20, 2016 3:16 PM

Apr 2015
I like mecha so probably i'll enjoy this show. But there was one particular part of the episode that annoyed me. They fought with the red girl and then they fall into those old buildings, she appears again and then they fight again with her? That was very strange.
Jan 21, 2016 12:46 PM

Oct 2015
I have a feeling that Reoko is his sister
Jan 21, 2016 8:51 PM

Apr 2011
Good lord, the edge is unreal. The way this is going, it will soon reach Akame ga Kill levels of edge.
Jan 22, 2016 8:16 AM

Jul 2008
The OP and ED are just average to me, the episode actually felt inferior to the better start of the previous episode.
Jan 24, 2016 3:46 AM

Jul 2009
Raeko it's crazy!!! Hell yeah!
I was also thinking she was the awesome sister, but I guess she is not, because the guy said she is 24 years old but trapped in a 16 body...
Jan 24, 2016 6:48 AM
Jul 2013
Really bad episode, which is a shame since I thought the first episode is quite OK. If the writing continues to be like this, I'll just drop this.
Jan 24, 2016 9:16 AM

Oct 2008
What an intense episode!
ED visuals are all about the antagonists???!?
Reoko Banryuu is OP!
SFX is also sick!
4/5.

Jan 28, 2016 1:21 AM
Mar 2012
wow classical super robot gattai, the bones were pretty cool. Visuals & sfx still fantastic. CG faces seem better than ep1, or i got used to it.
2 cute characters. One is a bit funny during the mostly boring kid's banter. Azuma not useless anymore. Hiiragi very unheroic.
op insane villains. Reoko 40yr old soul stuck in a teen body?
Pacing's weird, like rushing thru too much action. They need more pauses.
Both OP & ED pretty cool.
Jan 29, 2016 3:39 AM

Jun 2013
The action sequences were impressive and there was a burst of color that worked well with the CGI. Storywise, it's okay but there's still too much mystery and I hope it doesn't drag on revelations.
臭い-
Jan 29, 2016 6:31 PM

Feb 2013
I am loving the intense action. Not as good as the first episode though. It seems to be going the action-shounen route.

That ED... nice shoes.
Feb 14, 2016 9:57 AM

Dec 2012
His mom died huh? what about the rest of the fam though?

People shouldn't judge this based on art, i for one think the cg looks great though.
It's just ep 2 people, nothing has been explained yet.
Feb 23, 2016 5:05 PM
Oct 2011
katsu044 said:
D-Joe said:

Well the OP is done by Kill la Kill director, and this show itself have some Trigger employees involved too.

so i wasn't the only one that noticed it something about all the smokey mist that reminds me of KLK

looks like i might only have 2 shows to watch on Saturday giving this one more.

Yeah noticed it too, with that mist and things like that shot that opened ep 2, it's awesome.

And the art director is KLK's art director to go with Kozaki's cool character designs. :)
DangerMouseDMFeb 23, 2016 5:12 PM
Mar 2, 2016 1:06 AM

May 2014
Is anyone else having trouble trying to remember the name of the anime? lol For some reasons, I can't remember it n_n
meh. None of the characters stand out. Lets see where this'll go
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bubuki Buranki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2016

151 by 0063873192871 »»
Apr 8, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Bubuki Buranki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2016

58 by syncrogazer »»
Apr 14, 2020 8:20 PM

Poll: » Bubuki Buranki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2016

51 by tokidoki921 »»
Mar 17, 2019 11:51 AM

» licensing

NG_Chloe - Nov 10, 2018

0 by NG_Chloe »»
Nov 10, 2018 5:41 PM

Poll: » Bubuki Buranki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

88 by Alpha-Methyl »»
Jan 27, 2018 3:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.