Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 6, 2014 12:44 PM

Oct 2013
WOW
I new something was strange about her
and i thought we were going to have a little yuri action T-T
that ending didn't like it at first it has def grown on me
[/quote]
Jun 6, 2014 7:41 PM
Apr 2014
This show officially sucks balls.

Karen is so much more awesome in the NCSoft Computer Game. She, her boyfriend, and Alka's master are part of a top league of badass fighters who defeated the Impurity a generation ago. In the original story, Karen actually saves Jin Varrel's life as a child and trains her even though she has some of the Impurity within her. That turns out to be a big mistake obviously. Karen was Jin Varrel's freaking master. Jin Varrel's sword is actually Karen's before she gave up being a fighter! Thus is the badass truth a person finds out in the world of Blade and Soul after hours and hours and hours of playing the game. But in this show, Karen indulges in petty revenge over some dude? This makes me so angry. I'm beginning to think they should just remake the entire series.
chicapeesJun 6, 2014 7:48 PM
Jun 6, 2014 7:52 PM
Apr 2014
The_Bif said:
I've made it this far, only a few episodes left, but I find myself asking if it would even be worth it to watch the last few. The Jin Varrel fight in the last episode was atrocious, and now we get this episode with Karen turning out to be an idiot... err I mean "villain".

Her reason for revenge is stupid. Her plot to kill a character no one has ever seen before in order to hurt Alka is predictable and pointless. Wouldn't it make more sense to go after whoever hired Alka to kill the husband that apparently falls in love with the first bitch that shows kindness to him? "I just met you like 20 seconds ago as I was dying in the street, but I'm in love you" That's just rushed crap writing.

And in a small clip in this episode we see that Jin might still be alive, but with so few episodes left and this Karen thing stretching to yet another episode I don't see how it will matter.

So, I return to my original statement. I've stuck it out this long, but after the trip down the spiral that this has taken in the last couple episodes I find myself wondering if it's worth sticking with it for the last few episodes.

This is more rhetorical than anything, just getting it out of my system. Maybe I'll pick it back up after it's over if someone can convince me the last few episodes were worth it.

Done & Dropped

Everything you said is so true. I really wish they had just followed the original story for the computer game. It's actually a hundred times better and simpler.
Jun 6, 2014 8:06 PM

Jul 2009
I did not see that coming, I knew Karin had a secret but I would never guess she would turn into a evil lady that would do anything to hurt Aruka...the anime is not so good, but it's almost over so I won't drop it, it's so--so...
Jun 7, 2014 11:01 PM

May 2010
Just went from ok, to wtf crap, well pause and barethis anime to the end. Its not surprising really but the why did did it...smh.
Jun 15, 2014 6:27 AM

May 2011
That's the real love shit right there.

edit;

She has such a pretty eyes.

https://i.imgur.com/wN6l3fe.jpg
KarhuJun 15, 2014 6:32 AM
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Jun 18, 2014 9:48 AM

Sep 2008
chicapees said:
This show officially sucks balls.

Karen is so much more awesome in the NCSoft Computer Game. She, her boyfriend, and Alka's master are part of a top league of badass fighters who defeated the Impurity a generation ago. In the original story, Karen actually saves Jin Varrel's life as a child and trains her even though she has some of the Impurity within her. That turns out to be a big mistake obviously. Karen was Jin Varrel's freaking master. Jin Varrel's sword is actually Karen's before she gave up being a fighter! Thus is the badass truth a person finds out in the world of Blade and Soul after hours and hours and hours of playing the game. But in this show, Karen indulges in petty revenge over some dude? This makes me so angry. I'm beginning to think they should just remake the entire series.

Really, that's interesting! Could you say more about what happened in the game please? What is actually Jin Varrel's role in the flower monks? It seems like she is getting manipulated by Ran Yu. I saw in a game cutscene on youtube that she(Ran Yu) turned into some kind of spider monster. Also if Alka's master was so strong how did he get easily defeated?
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Jun 20, 2014 4:27 PM

Apr 2012
that boy at the beginning slinked out like he just got raped

explains Karen odd infatuation Aruka, I though it was them been mum n daughter
Jun 21, 2014 7:31 PM

Dec 2008
I guess this "rainbow after the rain" is Karen's. Is Karyn keeping her deceased lover's penis in that box?

Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 27, 2014 1:06 PM
May 2012
wtf
Ezsence
Jul 5, 2014 9:21 AM

Jun 2014
This show is so strange. Its like a train on rubber tires. The story is way off track to the point Im not sure there was supposed to be a main plot to begin with. However, somehow it is still able to keep going and be entertaining. This turn towards Karen's revenge is quite interesting; she was my favorite character to start with.
Aug 12, 2014 8:10 AM

Oct 2009
Now this a interesting turn.
But I wish Alka would stop grunting and sighing..
Sep 12, 2014 6:40 AM

Jun 2008
This episode was interesting and a lot better than what we got lately from this show.
Oct 13, 2014 10:43 AM

Oct 2013
Whoa!
Nov 27, 2014 4:19 PM
Sep 2009
Am I the only one who did not like this episode? Cause I'm completely put off by Alka's sudden discovery of emotions, it came out of nowhere.
Nov 29, 2014 5:29 PM

May 2012
Average episode and action... let's see what's next.
Jan 26, 2016 11:55 PM

Mar 2012
This is so god awful it hurts, it hurts so much.....

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Mar 12, 2016 12:38 PM

Feb 2015
I'm missing emotionless Alka already. She needs to buy more soulshields, her mental defense is down.

After watching this episode, i think a fan class would be nice for yuns.
Jun 1, 2016 5:18 AM
Dec 2015
All I can say is "damn".

I knew that Karen was a badass from when she killed that dude about the flowers that one time and she tends to demonstrate some badassery with Hazuki crazy-ass in her...bar?..host place?...hotel?...inn! I think it's an inn.

But dang, I would have never expected her to be a little on the crazy side. Poor Alka.

Also, Ga Ganta carrying Jin Varrel is kinda weird since I thought Yu Ran wanted her dead from that one episode where it's discovered she may be spying.

I actually quite like this series so far, slow start but sheet get real in this ep
Can't lose if you don't play
Jul 18, 2016 7:21 PM

Aug 2015
Finally some really good action even if the whole thing about Karen was telegraphed from far away.
Jul 21, 2021 9:16 AM

Feb 2020
So, Alka killed Karen's lover because it's her job and Karen murdered Miharu for revenge. Nice.
Feb 15, 2023 9:05 AM

Nov 2017
Karen’s flashback is very interesting! This is the best episode so far!
Dec 22, 2023 9:40 AM
Oct 2023
Half the episode was confusing as heck, the other half was just ugly. The true villain has finally come out to play and apparently she's a creep. You don't keep remains of lovers (unless they're cremated). Then she kills a worker because... ??? And she wants to torture MC. Well she is the villain after all. Through nine episodes, my rating is 5.55/10. If the series ended here, I'd probably round down to 5/10. To think it was once above 8/10.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2014

96 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 23, 2023 3:35 PM

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

67 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 23, 2023 8:46 AM

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

49 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 23, 2023 8:02 AM

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

56 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

59 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 20, 2023 6:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.