Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 2, 2016 4:25 PM

Nov 2014
Great episode.
Emotional start and epic ending. I loved how Luffy emphasises that he is different from 2 years ago.
And that if he doesn't hate the enemy, then he'll simply show that.
Which is what struggles Fujitora, since he doesn't want to kill Luffy in the first place.
Jun 4, 2016 3:38 PM

Sep 2013
Nice ep, most due to Fujitora being a G XD
Lufy announcing his attacks cause he pities the blind old man was so urghhh :(
Jun 4, 2016 4:31 PM
Jan 2016
I LOVE BLEACH OPENINGS !!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtB-B5YnK60
Jun 5, 2016 12:07 PM

Jun 2013
Aww....Luffy is slowly winning Fujitora to his side....but this is fight was awesome.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jun 15, 2016 8:07 AM

Feb 2016
Epic one liner from luffy senpai just before the fight. The fight itself however was intense - fujitora's a beast. Dialogue between sengoku and law was emotional.
Jun 25, 2016 5:05 PM

May 2009
I think I'm the only one who didn't like this episode but come on.
Luffy going easy on Fujitora and Fujitora going easy on luffy :/
Also the animation wasn't as good as one would expect
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Jun 29, 2016 12:59 PM

Jun 2015
pacuuuuu3 said:
I think I'm the only one who didn't like this episode but come on.
Luffy going easy on Fujitora and Fujitora going easy on luffy :/
Also the animation wasn't as good as one would expect

True.

Fight wasn't that serious.
Jul 1, 2016 8:06 PM

Oct 2009
Goddamn! This was the best episode in a long time! Animation was pretty good too :D!
Jul 2, 2016 5:42 AM
Jul 2016
Limited edition white beard figurine/statue on eBay

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/262498255821
Jul 4, 2016 9:12 AM

Apr 2013
That flashback of Sabaody was nice... but only because it made me realize how epic One Piece once was >.<
Jul 8, 2016 4:57 AM

Jan 2013
Trafal GAAHHH Law ... lmao
Fujitora´s laugh was hilarious.

Gator said:
That flashback of Sabaody was nice... but only because it made me realize how epic One Piece once was >.<

I agree, brought a tear to my eye again :/
Jul 10, 2016 3:33 PM

May 2014
Beth_Masey said:
mangalicker94 said:

Don't worry, pal. you are not the only one that is a fan. I am a fanboy too. xD

Someone who also sees the wonderfulness of Fujitora? Welcome to the club. :D

Hahah, LOL. Maybe we should make a club just for this? xD
Aug 23, 2016 11:31 AM

Sep 2014
Great episode. Loved the fight and interactions between luffy and Fujitora :)

But that last attack though ... sick ^_^
Aug 23, 2016 3:09 PM

Mar 2015
Fujitora's power is cool as heck
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 4, 2016 9:02 PM
Jan 2012
From Law nearly crying to Fujitora's meme-like face when he laughed it was quite the roller coaster :D But that's one piece. I still remember how they got Franky to join them...
But now on the episode. Did Law seriously consider Corazon saved him because of the D in his name or he convinced himself to think this way so he can have a purpose after running away? I guess having someone tell him that was bulls*it was what he needed. It still surprises me it even crossed his mind.
Sengoku and his gorilla were adorable, in the background. How he gave it crackers and all. <3

And of course Fujitora. Fujitora is my Patronus! I started to Like Doffy a lot, as a character, but Fujitora always steals the show when he is around. To think that at fist I assumed he was the Kanjuro they were looking for. Haha. I know they don't actually try to defeat each other, but I feel it's good that we have this fight, cause after all that's happened they can get close to each other in a sense. Fujitora can see what kind of person Luffy is. After all, Luffy told him he was being cheated in the bar when they met. Now, I think Fumitory knew that perfectly well.

But anyway. I guess for you who had to watch this weekly that arc was a huge drag at times, but I cramped the two years in 6 days and I found it quite enjoyable. Part of this is because since Punk Hazzard I fangirl over Law, but also I really think the story was pretty cool and tied well together. The least I expected was that I'll end up liking Doflamingo as much. Also, we have the appearance of Sabo and his story. All the political shenanigans and Fujitora's desire and attempts to get rid of the Shichibukai, and the Kid alliance's desire to bring down Shanks (Like Luffy would let that happen) I have a feeling that 1) We haven't seen the last of Doffy and 2) Law might die in the future by making someone immortal.
It was weird missing the rest of the crew for all this time. If one of them was your most favorite character I feel bad for you. but I enjoyed Dressrosa, and It seems like it is an unpopular opinion. Hm..
AntenorASep 4, 2016 9:06 PM
Mar 11, 2017 11:15 AM

Mar 2012
So we'll never get a Zoro vs Fujitoro huh. Can't really enjoy this fight with Luffy calling out his moves just because Fujitora is blind.
May 19, 2017 9:47 AM

May 2014
Law probably had a little cry now, let's be real here.
Of course someone like Law would try to rationalize Corazon's love for him...did he seriously try to convince himself that Cora only saved him because of his name? ;-;

And only Luffy would yell out his attacks whilst fighting an extremely powerful blind man, instead of trying to use it to his advantage.
That kind of backfired though, because not only could Fujitora wipe the floor with Luffy anyway, it actually mad him mad enough to take the fight slightly more seriously.

Gotta love how much of an outlier Luffy is though, even as a pirate. He's not concerned with appearances whatsoever and that's something that even a lot of the "good" guys battle with. Garp, Fujitora, Rosinante, Sengoku, Bellamy, Kyros. They're all conflicted and torn between what they want to do and what they all think they're supposed to do.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2020 9:03 AM

Jun 2016
This episode is easy to split into three sections. The first is the conversation between Sengoku and Law. There was something special about it. I feel like in the concise and straightforward responses, quite blunt and immediate, there was respect. These two forces connected and impacted by Corazon have met face to face, and as Sengoku stated, can share his memory. Sengoku going so far to give Law some words of advice after comically playing dumb about the D’s. That is, to not try and find a reason for why someone loves him. And further, if the two of them want to do something in his memory, it should be to always remember him and for Law to live his life as he’d like. It’s true, Corazon didn’t love Law because Law was a special boy who could save the world from his evil brother. It wasn’t conditional like that, and as hard as Law worked for Corazon’s ambition, you’d have to wonder what he’d think about it. That is, Law risking everything and living, not for himself, but for Cora. I presume Sengoku is right about what he’d say, he is Corazon’s second father after all.

The second point to bring up is how, as reiterated by the flashbacks, this is a clear beat of progress in Luffy’s strength. The first time he fought an admiral it was Kuzan. He challenged him to a duel, lost handily without harming him once, and saved his crew by forcing Kuzan’s respect for their agreement. Then Kizaru, someone who dismantled the crew and of which created a scenario where Luffy had to 1. Be saved, and 2. Tried to flee. Lastly, in Marineford, the best Luffy could do was run for it, and attempt to make it to Ace while being constantly saved from the admirals facing him. To give him a chance to fight one after all this time of probably never even exhausting such powerful people, we can see how much he’s really grown. And as the fight commenced, despite Fujitora not being a logia, I wouldn’t say that mattered, Luffy can use haki now for those cases and in a case like Fujitora, he totally exhausted him. By declaring he would fight any admiral and emperor in his way rather than run so that he could become the king of the pirates, he made a statement that rather than Luffy having to change his straightforward and stubborn ways, as long as he grows from his losses and weaknesses and refuses to stop fighting, he’ll be able to make it in the world. It makes me think of Shanks' words to Luffy at Whitebeard’s funeral. “By experiencing both victory and defeat, running away and shedding tears, a man will become a man. It’s okay to cry. But you have to move on!”

As for the fight itself, I understand why Fujitora didn’t fight against Doflamingo but I still hold he could have far more and given the credit to Luffy rather than risking the slaughter of a kingdom, and to see him look far more intimidating now than ever, fighting the heroes of the kingdom who are of no threat to the innocents, it only made me feel even more critical of where his priorities are. Conceptually I love the guy, but I definitely find his methods questionable. That aside, the motivations of Luffy and Fujitora here were adorable and awesome. Luffy calling out all of his attacks before he did them, even apologizing when he had a slip of the tongue, at first made me think this was Sabo 2.0. A fight that was nothing more than appearances. But, when Fujitora showed how angry he was that Luffy was pitying him for being blind, also suggesting that he has a strong sense of pride, it made it clear it was not that. Rather, Luffy can’t bring himself to attack Fujitora without announcing his moves because he’s blind but mostly because he likes him. It was so endearing that Fujitora had a moe laughing fit and showed some pity for Luffy too, sharing the sentiment. He suggested in a fight people can’t be that honest, he doesn’t want to do this either but his position calls for it! It’s a sentiment that we saw in Punk Hazard as the navy, who respected the pirates, insulted them. As always, Luffy doesn’t care about any expectations or norms that he doesn’t love, and it made for a lovely scene. I take it that Fujitora never planned to let the Straw Hats escape, rather, he gave them time to heal and then gave his all trying to capture them. He has a sense of honour when it comes to enemies he’s fond of and, rather than abusing their weakness, he put this capture up to chance with even odds.
Sep 13, 2020 1:51 AM

May 2013
I knew Luffy was narrating his moves bc Fujitora couldn't see x'D whatta nice captain :')

and he made him laugh lulz
Jun 20, 2021 7:55 AM

May 2016
While it's still near impossible for Luffy to beat an Admiral as of now, there's no doubt that his two years of training had made him capable enough of actually going toe-to-toe with one in combat longer than one would think.

It might have been impractical for him to do so (unnecessary even, considering his opponent's caliber), but I actually found it very endearing that Luffy announced his attacks to Fujitora before attacking so they'd be able to fight on equal terms. His very thoughtful gesture initially rubbed Fujitora the wrong way but at least he realized that Luffy wasn't looking down on him. That hearty laugh of his was so damn adorable.

As much as I like him, Fujitora also ended up reminding me that he's an Admiral for a reason by showing off his monstrous levels of power. There really are no exceptions. He might be kinder than the others but he's certainly not one to be messed with!

Aug 15, 2021 11:22 AM

Jun 2019
Luffy is being kind as usual. Can't stop loving the guy.
Aug 28, 2021 10:04 PM

Aug 2021
The face of fujitora when he laughed xD

Epic fight between Luffy and Fujitora!!!
May 18, 2022 3:12 AM
Jul 2018
great episode the fight between luffy and fujitora is awesome it's amazing that luffy can fight on par with an admirals now but I'm sure that luffy is still not strong enough to defeat an admiral yet
removed-userAug 13, 2022 4:34 AM
Aug 19, 2022 11:59 AM

Dec 2018
this was good. the Law exposition in the beginning was great but i was really hoping zoro would be the one to fight gambler ojii-san.
Nov 13, 2022 11:51 AM
Jun 2022
o
lkmjnkjnkjnbkj bkjbkjhnbkj
Jul 11, 2023 5:51 PM
Jun 2022
fuckkk cora saved law out of love :(( MY BAE LAW RIP CORA
Jul 19, 2023 12:44 AM
Jan 2017
Mannn that fight was kinda lame and goofy, but shoutout to Luffy for giving a handicap to the disabled I guess
Sep 16, 2023 7:10 AM
Oct 2019
Fujitora is OP af.
WTF was that.

I like the callback from Sabaody.
Feb 27, 10:13 AM
Jan 2023
EN İYİ ARC BUYDU WANO BOŞ İŞ
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Aug 27, 2008

90 by silentview »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1105 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 18

58 by Senior-Po »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 440 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Splitter - Feb 27, 2010

95 by bakakisima »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1092 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Jan 27

58 by llamav »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 439 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ninkendo - Feb 20, 2010

91 by bakakisima »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.