Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 20, 2016 9:08 AM

Jul 2015
I really like the fact that there is comedy here and there, it removes some of the tension when it's most needed. As for the action, it was done pretty well imo, just like before. I'm rly curious how this will turn out later on.

The Exorcist/5

Apr 20, 2016 9:11 AM
Jan 2016
Z4k said:
Askorti said:
So far Rokuro seems like an "all brawn and no brain" type of character, probably as a foil to Benio, but is it going to continue like that, or is he going to show some intellect later on?

You'll find out soon.

That's... obvious. If I watch it, then I obviously will find out. But I asked the question because I'm curious now. The answer to that question might influence my decision on whether I want to keep watching the anime or not. I don't like the archetype of a stupid hero that is all muscle and no brain. I find it boring, especially when it's used as a foil for another, intelligent character that is in tun more fragile. Especially when the male is the stupid one and the female the smart one. It's seriously cliched.

But your answer makes me think that there's a chance he will show some intellect, otherwise you probably wouldn't have bothered responding.
Apr 20, 2016 9:22 AM

Oct 2015
Is it just me, or did the animation drop quite a bit? I remember that Benio "smashed" the spells onto her body the first time she did it, and it looked really cool. Now it just molds on, and looks really lame in comparison. And the proportioning at some points is DBS all over again.
Apr 20, 2016 9:37 AM

Sep 2013
Mayura and Rokuro go to the amusement park for rnr, then he saves some kids.
Benio prefect in school as expected and slays a kagare.

Chubby baby :O

Apr 20, 2016 9:50 AM

Sep 2008
Oh, now...
Not this sh** again...
Why? Why?
Another shounen with childhood friend who seems to have feelings for MC,
but she is friendzoned/familyzoned... -.-

Eh, romance is gonna be painful to watch... ;(
Apr 20, 2016 10:29 AM

Apr 2014
Emo Benio and her pet fox is annoying asf.
Apr 20, 2016 10:36 AM

Jul 2015
That fox feels really out of place. Good ep overall
Apr 20, 2016 10:39 AM
Jul 2018
The dream part was alright!

That fox is quite annoying!
Apr 20, 2016 10:43 AM

Sep 2014
WTF was that knuckles at the end?
Apr 20, 2016 10:44 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Even though 90% of this episode was anime original I still enjoyed it

The characterization on Mayura was nice and I like how they decided to take this time to really flesh out she and Rokuro's relationship more

Other than that, the fight scenes with Benio were great and I really like that little interaction that she and Rokuro had at the end....I still hate that fox though

Going by the PV, the big thing with Ryougo is gonna happen in the next episode so I'm looking forward to that....Also, dat Shinmon cameo....I hope that these changes won't get troublesome in the future
Apr 20, 2016 10:44 AM

Jun 2014
I found this episode to be kind of boring. The action with Benio was all right but I didn't care for the amusement park stuff. And as others have mentioned, the fox is so annoying. I don't mind characters like him, but when it's the type of servant/familiar that's super overprotective and worships the shit out of their master to the point where it's trying to force others to do the same, that's when it's just unbearable.

Also, why are people saying this show is 4 cour? I clearly see 12 episodes planned. Unless it's split cour with the total episode count adding up to that of a 4 cour?
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 20, 2016 10:48 AM

May 2010
Nothing happened at all..weak compared with last episode.

That damn fox is annoying
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 20, 2016 11:28 AM

Aug 2014
The cult leader is still suspicious as hell.
Apr 20, 2016 12:06 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Fine episode. i hate the fox.
Apr 20, 2016 12:33 PM

Nov 2011
Making Mayura relevant is killing me! Now I love her and Benio...oh well.

It was weird how they noticed the creature breaking into the real world and then brushing it off. I figured Benio would have said something more about Rokuro being more scratched up but whatever.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 20, 2016 12:35 PM

Dec 2009
thebrentinator24 said:
I found this episode to be kind of boring. The action with Benio was all right but I didn't care for the amusement park stuff. And as others have mentioned, the fox is so annoying. I don't mind characters like him, but when it's the type of servant/familiar that's super overprotective and worships the shit out of their master to the point where it's trying to force others to do the same, that's when it's just unbearable.

Also, why are people saying this show is 4 cour? I clearly see 12 episodes planned. Unless it's split cour with the total episode count adding up to that of a 4 cour?

Go read the thread on the total episode count. Myanimelist is most likely wrong about the episode total.
Apr 20, 2016 1:08 PM

Feb 2015
it was a good episode overall imo. looked like a buildup episode to me.
the fight was okay too imo. LOL that amusment park scene, when the girl was riding the horse......
Apr 20, 2016 1:40 PM

Jun 2014
@Aiko_Hiroshi I see, thank you for that.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 20, 2016 1:51 PM

Mar 2013
Is it just me or Shimon Ikaruga kinda looks like Yoh Asakura?

As for Mayura - eh, it is pretty standart battle shonen (or it least it looks like it so far). You might as well ship Rokuro with his own hand. It doesn't really matter.
Apr 20, 2016 2:15 PM

Jul 2013
That fox it's really annoying. They should get rid of him quickly.

I feel pity for the busty childhood friend of our MC. She wants the D, but our MC will make babies with tsundere-chan instead :V
Apr 20, 2016 2:48 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Was wishing for something more from this episode, but that dream was awesome.

3/5
Apr 20, 2016 3:03 PM

Mar 2011
Ok episode. I hope that the next one will be a bit more interesting.
Apr 20, 2016 3:31 PM

Aug 2013
I don't understand why they are doing so much anime original material with this series. Reading the manga, I can actually take it a lot more seriously than the anime. The anime almost makes me hate the series and think of it as some sort of joke. I mean each chapter of the manga is like 50 pages so why not pull an Owari no Seraph and just adapt almost exactly only adding in anime original material to expand on some parts? I feel like I might wind up dropping the anime and just read the rest of the manga at this rate.
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 20, 2016 3:39 PM

Jul 2015
Boring episode, i'll try a few more episode but this anime is not really interesting
Apr 20, 2016 3:40 PM

Dec 2015
That fox really is getting on my nerves every time it does something...
It was an alright episode, mostly boring but the character at the end seems interesting, looking forward to see what impact he has.

Apr 20, 2016 3:41 PM

Jun 2013
Episode 3 episode 3 EPISODE 3
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 20, 2016 4:04 PM

Jun 2014
that fox...
And 4 cour serie? The manga only has like 20 chapter of 50 pages or so... I hope there won't be a lot of anime original stuff I didn't like it this episode.
Apr 20, 2016 4:18 PM

Aug 2015
Loving this series, excited for the moment Rokuro comes out of his shell and becomes a full exorcist again. The soundtracks in this anime are amazing, It's like sex for my brain.
Apr 20, 2016 4:39 PM
Feb 2010
thebrentinator24 said:

MyAnimeList is made by user contribution, so if there's no official confirmation, it may be wrong.
It is marked as 12 since there's already 3 blu-ray planned, with the first one containing 4 episodes. Maybe they will add more after some time, who knows?
Apr 20, 2016 6:53 PM

Jul 2014
Gotta have the fox for all the little kids watching.

Was one of the 12 guardians a teddy bear?

How does that guy hear anything with headphones on?

Why are all the streets and parks completely devoid of people, is this some super secret thing or are they just too cheap to draw them?

Shark teeth? Why not!
Apr 20, 2016 8:01 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
This was the best episode for me so far. At least the battle of the sexes was toned down just a touch so that the entire content was more palatble.... And yes, the fox is annoying.
Apr 20, 2016 9:29 PM

Jun 2013
Really am enjoying this, was not expecting this to be one of my favorites from this season :)
Apr 20, 2016 10:07 PM

Dec 2014
damn..the OST is really strong...

Apr 21, 2016 12:04 AM

Mar 2016
Sokah said:
Gotta have the fox for all the little kids watching.

Was one of the 12 guardians a teddy bear?

How does that guy hear anything with headphones on?

Why are all the streets and parks completely devoid of people, is this some super secret thing or are they just too cheap to draw them?

Shark teeth? Why not!

1. It's a hat
2. It's a mystery; he wears them into battle as well rofl
3. budget probably
4. It's for aesthetic and maybe an actual plot reason in the future
Apr 21, 2016 3:28 AM
Jul 2009
Anime adaptations come in certain ways in which usually comes down to these: “True to their source” or “Doing something totally different”. Sadly, Sousei no Onmyouji is the latter one with a lot of random variables in it.

After the first episode the director made me ask myself “Why did I like this series?”. The reason lies within the difference of the anime and manga.

Firstly, Kinako.
The Fox spirit/familiar Kinako. It is really protective of his master in a way that is really annoying. But let me tell you the fox isn’t even in the manga so I want to know what his added value is cause as it stands Kinako will only get less screen time or they need to do an original story which I doubt given the length of 13 episodes and content.

Secondly, small details missing aka removed content.
Yes, there is removed content from the manga and new content for the anime. But it’s the small details from the manga that are removed. Example 1: “If Rokurou stopped being an Exorcist, why does he have a talisman?”. That is answered by Jii-saman in the same event. Example 2: while it was noticeable in episode 1 where the Impurity is afraid of Rokurou before his transformation, in the manga it was after the transformation.

Lastly, episode 3
After a few minutes in the episode it all original content. In the manga before Benio left the room, the 2 started a fight and Benio won by putting Rokurou in all kinds of wrestling techniques. I would have loved to see that! Also reusing animations and rollercoaster physics.

As you may have noticed the main fault lies within me loving the manga series so much I am really discouraged by the anime. It’s like they say: The higher the expectations, the greater the disappointment.

Let’s see how it will perform until the end of May.
Apr 21, 2016 5:21 AM

Apr 2016
it was an enjoyable character build episode. it wasn't that amazing but still. it showed some nice action scenes. tho i am not sold on that Mystic art head shot with every named attack. that's gets annoying quite fast.

But talking about annoying. Lets talk anime elusive characters added with no role other than be a cute mascot and just annoys the viewer. That fox is just there to tell us how amazing Benio is. it's just a bother. why would they even add a stupid thing like that...
Apr 21, 2016 6:33 AM
Nov 2015
"They'll get in my way while fighting" moment xD
I'm hoping to see Rokuro fighting soon.
Apr 21, 2016 6:37 AM

Apr 2014
TVpro said:
why would they even add a stupid thing like that...

It would have been either that or the old lady that was with Benio. The fox has only replaced her role (except he's a bit more annoying because of his voice) and the only difference is that it can detect where impurities appear.
Apr 21, 2016 7:45 AM

Aug 2014
Z4k said:
TVpro said:
why would they even add a stupid thing like that...

It would have been either that or the old lady that was with Benio. The fox has only replaced her role (except he's a bit more annoying because of his voice) and the only difference is that it can detect where impurities appear.

Yeah I see that is only one reason to keep it... If I should carry smthng like this with me I will be crazy soon....
I dnt think this charracter should be in the story at all... So much annoying
<center> </center>
Apr 21, 2016 7:49 AM

Aug 2014
Meh.

I do like how the two girls think differently on what the MC should decide to do with his abilities, though.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Apr 21, 2016 2:35 PM

Apr 2014
Mayura's melons!
I don't know why they decided to throw in Kinako...he is useless and annoying too.
I like the manga a lot and seeing how they change stuff here and there...ugh!
The fight with Yuuto will most likely be on episode 11 or 12 so...
Apr 21, 2016 3:23 PM

Oct 2013
Ofc Benio joins Ryougo's class. Isn't that like the standard?
Apr 21, 2016 9:14 PM

Aug 2012
Dropped. This show quickly became generic and many scenes became too predictable. I didn't like the interactions between the two MCs either ~__~
Apr 22, 2016 12:10 AM

Oct 2015
This episode was boring.

Also this is the first anime fox I've really disliked, the fox is annoying, It's only there so people will buy merchandise of it.

Apr 22, 2016 1:11 AM

Dec 2011
It feels like they are keeping Benio's old uniform than the one she attends now. And the freaking stupid fox is not needed.

That 12 Heavenly Commanders hype.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2016 3:26 AM

Apr 2016
The previous episodes were better, I wasn't satisfied with this one. Hoping for it not to go too far down on a downhill as the concept interests me...
Apr 22, 2016 4:01 AM

Jul 2014
That GODDAMN fox is getting on my nerves.
Also, is it just me or did the animation quality drop significantly this episode? With reused animations and what not.
And yes, I meant that.
--------------------------------------
Sukasuka Discord server, also home to Orlandri Translation Company, who are planning to translate Sukasuka and Sukamoka:
https://discord.gg/xXTncqJ
Do join if it interests you.
Apr 22, 2016 7:00 AM

Mar 2016
FlameTaJaDoru said:
That GODDAMN fox is getting on my nerves.
Also, is it just me or did the animation quality drop significantly this episode? With reused animations and what not.

yeah, most of the episode looked very bad...especially Kinako
Apr 22, 2016 10:28 AM
Mar 2016
Its only ep3 and already Otomi is being push aside.
Apr 22, 2016 2:14 PM

Jun 2015
I already watch Nisekoi, I don't need the same plot again.
The cliche storm is still blowing, but it is not as bad as I thought it would be.
Whoever murders that fucking fox will receive no.1 spot on my favourite characters list.
Oh, look who's coming to dinner next week, it's Sasuke. (no seriously, it's Sasuke)
Btw, why is everybody so happy that two children are forced to marry and fuck?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Help: Twin Star Exorcists Filler Episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - May 8

8 by Otaku_4511 »»
May 10, 5:25 AM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2016

49 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2016

67 by Sugram22 »»
Apr 15, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2016

48 by Vindicater »»
Apr 10, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2016

84 by Vindicater »»
Apr 8, 10:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.