Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 30, 2011 11:18 AM
Sep 2009
Sanguis said:
And wow, Alice is so funny, she never ceases to put a smile on my face.

I wholeheartedly agree. Since the show aired (but before her full appearance), I had assumed that she was going to be intolerably annoying, but instead, (for myself, at least) she turned out to be rather charming and humorous~ ;)
Aug 30, 2011 11:23 AM

Jul 2010
Camille and Alice are both great.. its nice to see rich girls without arrogance and both cares for others in family and traditions like that.

Sanguis said:
I reaaaaally want a ClaudexCamille ending! D:

Now that would make some really good drama with great ending. I'm sick of love triangles and predictable misunderstandings. some dramas should follow different route.
Aug 30, 2011 12:51 PM

Apr 2009
Doleful.
That's how I felt throughout this episode.
Poor Camille and Claude. T-T I really wish for a nice ending with the two of them ending up together, but that probably won't happen. Especially since the manga is still ongoing and everything.
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Aug 30, 2011 1:35 PM

Jan 2008
Camilla X Claude is the way.
Make it happen!
Aug 30, 2011 2:05 PM
Dec 2007
Fantastic background episode showing all the greatness of Camille.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 30, 2011 7:09 PM

Sep 2008
Alan ships Claude x Camille.

game8910 said:
On the lighter side, Alice continues being BASED.

THIS. So much.
Aug 30, 2011 7:14 PM

Dec 2010
I think Yune spelling it out in the end weakend this otherweise strong episode. Instead the memories he couldn't understand as a child should've made him realize the situation now.

I doubt he'll get together with Camille. The bird in a golden cage theme is a good counterweight to the slice of life part. Anything more would probably harm that balance.
Aug 30, 2011 7:49 PM
Feb 2011
Been shipping for Camille x Claude since her first appearance, and it won't change even if it's unlikely to happen.

I wonder why he needed Yune to understand why Camille acted like she did? He's obviously been brooding about it for years now, and he's old enough to comprehend.
Only 3 episodes left. :(
Aug 30, 2011 7:58 PM

Nov 2007
I_am_onlive said:
shanimebib said:

A very good episode. And it is by now obvious that Camille still loves Claude the way she did in her childhood. Was it just me, or Camille looked stunningly beautiful in this particular episode?

In this episode? When has Camille never looked beautiful before?

I meant to say she looked more beautiful than she looked before this episode. More precisely, I meant this:
Orulyon said:
Camille is always gorgeous. she was particularly beautiful with her sad eyes when she was dressing herself with the maid.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Aug 30, 2011 8:34 PM

Jul 2011
Post deleted because of stalkers
CadarevAug 6, 2019 4:03 PM
Aug 30, 2011 9:39 PM
Apr 2010
My Claude x Camille arc has shattered before my eyes!!! NOOOO!!!!!

Fak you Claude! Chase after her!! FAK YOU!!! I want that Cinderella moment to happen damit!!!!

And Yune, good work girl!!
Aug 30, 2011 9:50 PM

Jun 2011
Looking at all the recent posts, seems that many of you guys are Claude/Camille shippers. *Sighs** Camille is really a gorgeous girl in my opinion, maybe the perfect partner for Claude perhaps (even their childhood story is cute), but there's just something within me that makes me wanna side YuneXClaude pairing more.

I dunno...it's just that maybe I'm more interested seeing them together in the end...

they may look father and daughter right now, but I still think a budding romance isn't impossible to develop between them...
"Them who looks blind at ANIME, looks blind at SALVATION."
Aug 31, 2011 12:54 AM

Jan 2011
I suspect that Yune already knows about Claude and Camille's feelings for each other and would be working to try and bring them together, rather than build a relationship with Claude herself.

And as per suggestions higher in this discussion, I've just done my preliminary rating as a 9 to help raise the score. I may well up that by the end. This really is charming....
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 31, 2011 4:00 AM

Jun 2009
No effort to write post, gonna quote stuff
nznznz said:
I doubt he'll get together with Camille. The bird in a golden cage theme is a good counterweight to the slice of life part. Anything more would probably harm that balance.

Yes, this indeed. And besides it's not like they would have a chance to be together even if they tried... unless Camille's parents died maybe?

shanimebib said:
I meant to say she looked more beautiful than she looked before this episode. More precisely, I meant this:
Orulyon said:
Camille is always gorgeous. she was particularly beautiful with her sad eyes when she was dressing herself with the maid.
Oh, and count me in for that.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 31, 2011 6:46 AM

Feb 2011
That's it I'm shipping for ClaudeXCamille

Camille is such a bishoujo.
Aug 31, 2011 6:50 AM
Aug 2011
OrochiPL said:
nznznz said:

Yes, this indeed. And besides it's not like they would have a chance to be together even if they tried... unless Camille's parents died maybe?

That could be likely but you my friend are not the artist nor can you guarantee what will be shown next in this show. My bet from the beginning was Claude x Camille and that is exactly what was shown. And now Claude wishes to know more about Camille, indicating that he will go back to her and start over.
Aug 31, 2011 7:08 AM

May 2010
tsubasalover said:
Alice is happy about Yune is wearing her childhood friend.

Tea ceremony time. Contemporary Maccha Milk!

Camille love Claude and describes him as cat living outside.

Camille was just a girl who cannot get out of outside, but always dreams of getting outside. Claude was just wanted to help out but Camille always refuses. Not sure if he understands her feeling.

So Camille has been out once.

Wow, father Claude!

Claude finally understood Camille after what Yune said.

lol @ Claude saying "normal" to Alice and Camille's dress on Yune.

Next ep. is more on Claude papa!

Oh okay I see2 what is going on(sorry I didn't really understood what is going on with both Claude and Camille but thank you for explaining it)
Aug 31, 2011 12:46 PM

Jul 2009
Before I say anything, I am loving the clarinet BGM ;3 If only I could play that well >_<
Anyways ... wow, I loved this episode. Poor Camille! D; The whole corset imagery, not being able to go outside ... seems like Claude didn't understand why until now :( Oh my god I so want to ship them T_T The one time I actually want there to be like a "love helps you over the misunderstandings" or whatever it probably won't happen ... *sigh*
Claude's dad looks exactly like him lol O_O Guess we get to see him next episode :P
Aug 31, 2011 6:17 PM

Dec 2010
I_am_onlive said:
OrochiPL said:
nznznz said:

That could be likely but you my friend are not the artist nor can you guarantee what will be shown next in this show. My bet from the beginning was Claude x Camille and that is exactly what was shown. And now Claude wishes to know more about Camille, indicating that he will go back to her and start over.

You sound kind of pissed, hm? It's not like it's impossible but from what we've seen so far I say it's unlikely. What gives you the impression Claude wants to know more or even start over again? I didn't see any indication for that so consider this wishful thinking. This development will probably go on but my bet is on a conclusion like "we can't be together, but will stay close friends (in secret)". This is not a romance after all.
nznzAug 31, 2011 6:20 PM
Aug 31, 2011 9:01 PM
Aug 2011
nznznz said:
I_am_onlive said:
OrochiPL said:
nznznz said:

You sound kind of pissed, hm? It's not like it's impossible but from what we've seen so far I say it's unlikely. What gives you the impression Claude wants to know more or even start over again? I didn't see any indication for that so consider this wishful thinking. This development will probably go on but my bet is on a conclusion like "we can't be together, but will stay close friends (in secret)". This is not a romance after all.

Did you even hear what he said at the end of the episode? He misunderstood everything Camille was trying to say when she was younger, but then when he did he said "Maybe I have more to learn". In the manga he says "I guess I need to know more now". He is also suspected by Oscar, his grandfather to be doing this as well in Chapter 7.
Aug 31, 2011 9:23 PM

Dec 2010
I_am_onlive said:
Did you even hear what he said at the end of the episode? He misunderstood everything Camille was trying to say when she was younger, but then when he did he said "Maybe I have more to learn". In the manga he says "I guess I need to know more now". He is also suspected by Oscar, his grandfather to be doing this as well in Chapter 7.

On their way back home he first said to Yune: "You trust people to easily" so I take his reply more like admiting he also has to learn and misjudges situations sometimes, not just Yune. Even the sentence in the manga can't be interpreted that he wants anything more than understanding her behaviour back then and maybe mend their broken friendship. Oscar makes this kind of remarks all the time.
Sep 1, 2011 1:14 AM
Aug 2011
nznznz said:
I_am_onlive said:

On their way back home he first said to Yune: "You trust people to easily" so I take his reply more like admiting he also has to learn and misjudges situations sometimes, not just Yune. Even the sentence in the manga can't be interpreted that he wants anything more than understanding her behaviour back then and maybe mend their broken friendship. Oscar makes this kind of remarks all the time.

Of course Oscar does that. But as you can see Oscar also teases Claude whenever he's not honest about things. As you may have come to realize Claude is a poor liar of things. He lied that he doesn't like girls because of cats, he lied that Alice would treat Yune like a doll he also denied that Camille was like Yune when she was younger which he later admitted that she was. What Claude said in the final scene truly indicates that he will go to Camille again
Sep 2, 2011 11:22 AM
Sep 2010
otakuthon49 said:
This awesome background episode explained a lot of things.

Poor Camille, having to stay at her house just to be free.

Claude saying Normal at Yune's outfit flattered Yune? How interesting.

He always looks at her as if she was different, i think hearing that she looked normal made her feel good!

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
raiburari |

Sep 2, 2011 1:50 PM

Aug 2008
More Camille x Claude goodness. It's too bad they might not end up together.
Sep 3, 2011 8:07 PM

Aug 2010
More on the sad side this episode but it was still nice.
Sep 4, 2011 1:57 AM

Nov 2008
Onyxthegreat said:
So it was really the typical rich family can't be seen with poor family because of status. I always feel sorry for the kids of rich families in such episodes. At least it looks like Claude finally understands now why she kept refusing his offers. I wonder if they will ever be at least friends again. =)

I don't think they really 'ceased' being 'friends' as they both still care for one another but have had a misunderstanding that was maybe a crack turn into the grand canyon lol. A simple real* conversation could mend said rift. I certainly hope to see more Claude and Camille.

I don't think Claude was the only one who had a realization though, it seemed to me like Camille had one herself back in episode 8 . Though Claudes may have been more personally 'profound'

I assume they will mend said friendship and likely be close again though whether or not it is 'secret' aside from a select few? who knows - Alice certainly seems to think Should pick him as her 'lover' ;)
sirwenceSep 4, 2011 2:05 AM
Sep 4, 2011 3:33 PM

Jul 2009
That bicycle puts the setting of the story close to 1896! That type of bike was "new" around 1887.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 4, 2011 4:52 PM

Sep 2008
The backstory of Claude was pretty bleh to me.
All I wanted to see more of was Alice and Yune.

I hope that Camille and Claude do not end up together; Camille deserves much more than an alley cat.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2011 5:18 PM

May 2011
Another sweet episode. I love Claude and Camille. It's too bad things didn't go so well for them; that was expected though, all things considered...

With all that backstory stuff, I completely forgot about Yune and Alice; they surprised me at the end. Whoops. ^_^V
Sep 21, 2011 8:56 PM

Jan 2010
Though this is a series about Yune, I quite like how we're getting some good development for Claude, Alice, and Camille as well. Their actions seem to make more and more sense as the series unfolds.

I've written more on this episode here on my blog.
Sep 25, 2011 12:44 PM

Aug 2009
I kind of felt sad for Camille, but I still think she's a cunt.
Oct 11, 2011 5:46 PM

Jun 2011
I respect Camille very much as she did not want Alice (and the white cat) to be restrained like she was.

This episode about Claude's &amp; Camille's past is pretty nice. We also get to see Claude's dad although his face was never revealed but it looks like we will see him in the next episode.

Not much of Yune's screen time in this episode but little Camille do the trick~
Jan 2, 2012 10:26 PM

Jun 2009
All the sadness with Camille and Claude made it a OTP for me. D: I want it to happen.
I wish I saw a little more of Yune though.
May 22, 2012 4:52 PM

May 2012
Definitely hoping Claude and Camille get together still

Alice continues being the humor injector of this show, and she also continues to surprise me how much she genuinely wants to understand Japanese culture. And of course Yune as well.

I would have liked more Alice and Yune, but this was a fine way to do the episode ~
Aug 23, 2012 11:49 AM

May 2012
nice back story about both of them!
Aug 24, 2012 1:51 AM

Sep 2011
Another amazing episode! ;-;
Oct 13, 2013 1:11 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode, wonder where it will lead to
Apr 5, 2014 4:54 AM

Aug 2013
This episode just made me sad. Camille T__T

Whenever they show Claude and Yune holding hands, it's just so hard to ship them since they look like father and child lol.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 15, 2015 7:15 PM

Apr 2014
Claude and Camille's childhood days.
IMO Yune look better with kimono.
Jun 22, 2015 9:34 AM

Aug 2007
#unpopularopinion

I actually don't like Camille at all. I don't want Claude to be with her since it seems unreasonable for the setting they live in, anyway.

But I also don't see Yune and Claude working out either? I feel like she's too young and they mesh better as simply good friends with no romantic feelings involved.

Jul 23, 2015 1:37 AM

Aug 2013
Back then if there was any possibility that Claude and Camille could have gotton engaged or something like that, I would have felt disheartened about the outcome to be honest. After seeing the latest two episodes I can sympathise with her situation and feel her desperation, but Yune is the one who has been the main female protagonist all this time, that's why I can not bring myself to cheer for Camille. It's not a big deal, there are only 4 years age difference between Claude and Yune, so I think someway somehow things are gonna work out.
Aug 13, 2017 10:08 AM
Apr 2017
Although feel sad for Camellie, but I guess its just the way they should be
I hope Camellie x Claude happy ending would not come as this would ruin the show
Aug 13, 2020 7:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great backstory for Claude and Camille... sad that at this time it was impossible to marry the one you love
Feb 3, 2021 4:31 PM

Jan 2021
This episode wasn’t sad bad it was overall got in my nerves for a bit. But it was a bit re used I loved the episode overall
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ikoku Meiro no Croisée Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

zimno - Jul 3, 2011

210 by WatchTillTandava »»
Nov 6, 2023 9:29 AM

Poll: » Ikoku Meiro no Croisée Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 18, 2011

106 by MyllerPhiem »»
Nov 26, 2022 2:02 AM

Poll: » Ikoku Meiro no Croisée Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Aug 21, 2011

91 by epidemia78 »»
Jun 5, 2021 1:40 AM

Poll: » Ikoku Meiro no Croisée Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 11, 2011

47 by CalmTeaTime »»
Feb 3, 2021 4:39 PM

Poll: » Ikoku Meiro no Croisée Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 4, 2011

46 by CalmTeaTime »»
Feb 3, 2021 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.