Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2010 9:54 PM

Nov 2008
supersayen said:
You gave 10/10 to code geass thus making your opinion invalid.

What? what's the relation between me giving code geass 10/10 and stating facts I didn't like about this anime?

when i started reading your post i was expecting a lower score lol but anyway, im positive they're ed's kids since he's the one with a giant smile on his face :)

Well I did say this show was good, and good is 7/10 on MAL lol

lol ok you have a point there :)
Jul 4, 2010 9:55 PM

Jul 2008
supersayen said:
You gave 10/10 to code geass thus making your opinion invalid.

What? what's the relation between me giving code geass 10/10 and stating facts I didn't like about this anime?

when i started reading your post i was expecting a lower score lol but anyway, im positive they're ed's kids since he's the one with a giant smile on his face :)

Well I did say this show was good, and good is 7/10 on MAL lol

Objectively FMA is the most well made show you have in your list. I could understand that you enjoyed Code geas or another show more than FMA but the way you talk about it make it look like you've seen better... when you didn't.
Jul 4, 2010 10:11 PM

Feb 2010
Just fantastic. :)
Jul 4, 2010 10:52 PM

Sep 2008
Best Shounen ever for me

9/10
Jul 4, 2010 11:20 PM

Jul 2007
Poor Al... it's over and he still hasn't grown out of the Shana voice...

Jul 4, 2010 11:35 PM

Oct 2008
So no eclipse till later tonight . . Well thats okay . . I can wait . . .
Jul 4, 2010 11:42 PM

Jul 2009
...wtf up with that stache Mustang....
Jul 4, 2010 11:43 PM

Apr 2008
I can't believe it... Just like that... it's over.

The ending was alright. Just alright. I'd even go as far as to say I didn't like it. The reason being, that it was too short. They should have gave it a full hour to go over all of the stuff that happened properly. I do not like what they did with the picture sideshow at the very end. It would have been real nice to see the last picture animated. I just feel really distant from the ending now, because of that. Also, I am too sad for words.

Overall, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood gets a 10/10.

I still want to see more. More of what everyone set out to do... NOT JUST BLOODY PICTURES! They could spring for a few episodes for that... :(
Jul 4, 2010 11:43 PM

Feb 2009
I'll try my best..I am not here to bash but to explain my points. Correct me if I am wrong though.

supersayen said:
It has a lot of flaws : unexplained things
Most of the details were explained well but some of the finer details are in the manga. It's the limitations of an adaptation, you can't explain everything but the show tried to give the details and it did well for me. Care to explain what those unexplained things are?

supersayen said:
putting comedy in Scar moments is just wtf
Ok, I admit the show really failed in comedy. Maybe it's the director, maybe it's limiting the amount of events in an episode or maybe it's the way they were delivered, I don't know. But these moments were funny in the manga.

supersayen said:
cliché good versus evil
It's a shounen show, were you expecting anything else? Sure it's cliched but the way it was done was excellent.

supersayen said:
Kimblee was fucking useless,
Did you miss the middle parts of the show? Kimblee practically owned the Briggs arc and kept Ed and Al at bay when they were in the North until he was done in by Lion King. He was a side character that did an excellent role as one. If you also want to complain with Kimblee showing up in Pride, that wasn't done well for me. That episode was rushed so the effect was lost a bit.

supersayen said:
some homonculous having "a heart" even though they massacred innocent people
Who are you talking about? Envy? Wrath? Greed?
Envy's final moments doesn't count as him having a heart. He was jealous/envious of humans and it's his emotion as "Envy" that showed there. If it's Wrath, he's a pseudo-homunculus who only obeyed orders. He clearly said that he didn't care about his wife or his son. But he became interested because he is still human. As for Greed, he desires everything and that includes comrades. He wanted a comrade and he got them so he was satisfied.

supersayen said:
Roy Mustang is way too strong hehe
He is a State Alchemist, reaching Colonel in a young age and has battle experience in war. Of course he's strong. His abilities weren't shown very well in FMA1 so it came out that he's way too strong here.

supersayen said:
Edward being smart in the beginning and ending up being an idiot who rushes to the enemy and getting beaten hard like a stupid Naruto or Ichigo (yeah, it's harsh to compare him to these two douche).
Those are different things. The smart you're talking about is him being a genius at alchemy. Him rushing ahead at fights is mostly composed of instincts, experience and some stupidity. Alchemy intelligence and knowledge =/= battle intelligence. One can get his train of thoughts blocked in such situations but the actions he did were the best he can muster in those situations, however stupid it looks to you. And comparing Ed to Naruto and Ichigo is -_-

supersayen said:
the final battle is just totally garbage, why would Al sacrifice himself for Ed to have his arm when an entire platoon of military idiot can attack Father but nooooo they wanted Edward to have his "hero moment" and the idiots military are cheering him instead. I totally understand this childish ending, they wanted Edward to be useful for once, since Scar and Mustang did all the job + the rest of the army.
As an ordinary soldier and seeing a being like that with unbelievable powers, would you rush head on? And they fired all their ammo at Father but it didn't work, would you attack to stab or punch him? Only Ed and the others know what they're up against. The final moment when Ed regained his arm, it shows that Father is seriously weakening so they left it to Ed, knowing the most out of what's happening and he was the closest one to Father. It's a cliche moment but shounen shows have something like that once in a while. And why are you saying that this is Ed's only useful role when he did a lot of things, from discovering the Philosopher's stone's secrets, discovering the existence of homunculus and the conspiracy in the higher-ups, finding out the nationwide transmutation circle, defeating Pride and other things I can't remember.

supersayen said:
Full Metal Alchemist is better than Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood in every aspect, even with its stupid ending. But that's my opinion.
It's your opinion but you have to explain well. For me this is better. It is a true example of a manga adaptation. The pace may be inconsistent at times but the story and the characters really captivates you that you can forget about it sometimes. FMA1 is also good but it has a lot of unneeded moments that doesn't really help with the overall plot. Plus it deviated from the story of the manga. No adaptation is perfect but making it close to the original source, every character helps in the overall plot and a good storytelling makes this better than the first one.
belatkuroJul 5, 2010 12:32 AM
Jul 5, 2010 12:10 AM

Oct 2008
@belatkuro , how ironic you had to talk about the directon :) . . . You're points were awesome as always mate :)

Yasuhiro irie has tweeted that he is not involved wit the production/direction of the new movie and that the new staff will be announced pretty soon :)

still undecided about what the movie is . A recap of fma brotherhood with a completely different staff . .

Or we're stepping into uncharted territory here
lafuria_suxJul 5, 2010 12:21 AM
Jul 5, 2010 12:16 AM

Apr 2009
Aww, it's over now. D: I feel a little sad that it's over, but I loved the ending enough that I'm happy with it. (: Great ending, IMO. I love FMA, and I'll definitely miss it.

Favorite scene was before Ed got on the train and left. <3 His talk with Winry was very adorable, especially their faces. It only took... 64 episodes.
Jul 5, 2010 12:21 AM

Oct 2009
i'm a little sad it's over, too. but what a great ending, befitting a great anime. i loved just about everything about this series

so 10/10, easily
Jul 5, 2010 12:26 AM

May 2009

:)
Jul 5, 2010 12:27 AM

Dec 2009
Damn what a long and awesome ride! Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is easily a 10/10. Interesting story, great music, kickass fights, fastpaced, exciting, and none of the shit that makes up 90% of big shows like Naruto or Bleach.
Jul 5, 2010 12:29 AM

May 2009
I can't its the best anime I have ever seen!!! (with ippo)
Jul 5, 2010 12:47 AM

Jul 2007
supersayen said:
It has a lot of flaws : unexplained things,

Oh please mention me at least one, as I am pretty sure everything is explained.

supersayen said:
putting comedy in Scar moments is just wtf,

What's so bad about it? Thats Arakawa's style, to put comedy moents in or after serious ones. IMO it works really well, so unless you can provide us with an example where everyone will agree that it did NOT work, thats just yoru mere biased opinion and not a flaw.

supersayen said:
cliché good versus evil,

Hm, where was this? Everyone , including villains were perfectluy human. Even Father was perfectly motivated by usual human emotions.

supersayen said:
Kimblee was fucking useless,

Really? Any Proof? It seems he was one of the most important characters and did a lot of signifficant things.

supersayen said:
some homonculous having "a heart" even though they massacred innocent people,

So you cry about "black and white", while happily applying the same by yourself? Yes even mass-murderers can be decent people, thats the irony of life. No one is bad or good.

supersayen said:
Roy Mustang is way too strong hehe,

1. It's been explained inside the show on why he is strong.
2. It makes sense for him to be this strong.

supersayen said:
Edward being smart in the beginning and ending up being an idiot who rushes to the enemy and getting beaten hard like a stupid Naruto or Ichigo

I am sorry, but what?

Edward started and remained a genius till the end, I see no such thing as him rushing stuff, except for an emotionally-driven responses.

supersayen said:

the final battle is just totally garbage,

Your personal opinion. For me it was one of best finals ever. Certainly better than code geass one :)

supersayen said:
why would Al sacrifice himself for Ed to have his arm when an entire platoon of military idiot can attack Father

Erm, because Al was already kind of dieing whats with his armor completely destroyed and seal damaged? o he figures "why the hell not",

As for military platoons? Oh sure, lets send in an army so father can do a finger flick and absorb their souls full-healing himself.

supersayen said:
but nooooo they wanted Edward to have his "hero moment" and the idiots military are cheering him instead.

Oh sure. It was only edward who did everything</sarcasm>

You see, its funny that you are saying that while you have the "fma"1 at 8/10 in your list, considering on how failma1 pretty much centered everything around the brothers, making other characters into carboard cutouts used for ridiculous story plot twists.

Everyone did their job in FMA:B, and everyone helped in final battle. Ed had the RIGHT to be the one to finish Father.

supersayen said:

I totally understand this childish ending,

Childish?

I think FMA ending and epilogue is quite mature and thought out. Certainly beats the generic kyoani stuff endings like Clannad or Kanon or the whole horribly contrived "omg nazi zeppelin WWII germany behind gate !!!11oneone" ending of FMA1(complete with pedobear easter rabbit Tucker and various chimera parrots and raped girls).

supersayen said:
they wanted Edward to be useful for once, since Scar and Mustang did all the job + the rest of the army.

NOw your are being biased. Ed did nothing? Are you sure?

supersayen said:

Full Metal Alchemist is better than Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood in every aspect, even with its stupid ending. But that's my opinion.

And my opinion is that your opinion is biased and you have no taste ^_^
Jul 5, 2010 12:50 AM

May 2009
Fai you just owned him badly. +100
Jul 5, 2010 1:05 AM

Mar 2009
Good ending, much better than FMA1's ending.

Thank you for such a great series.. manga/"first season"/movie/OVAs everything..
Jul 5, 2010 1:13 AM

Oct 2008
Its hillarious to have ppl like fai on our side , sometimes :)

look i value supersayen's opinion , but i don't understand why he's bringing up roy's power here . We all know he isn't as powerful against opponents who rely on speed , and roy himself isn't a good close combat type . . Did ya not see what bradley wannabees did to HIM . They owned him . And The KING OWNED MUSTANG IN LESS THAN 6 SECONDS :)

P.S . . and code geass's finale sucked when compared to this . .
Jul 5, 2010 1:27 AM

Apr 2010
silent_killer said:
IAnd The KING OWNED MUSTANG IN LESS THAN 6 SECONDS :)

I can't help but feel that was a sort of "Take THAT!" moment to FMA 2003... Roy killed Bradley there, here it's like, "OK Mustang, let me show you what I'm capable of when I'm not holding back!" Utterly hilarious...
Jul 5, 2010 1:29 AM

Aug 2009
its really weird to me to see Ed and Al all grown up. I give it 10
Jul 5, 2010 1:33 AM

Jul 2007
silent_killer said:
Its hillarious to have ppl like fai on our side , sometimes :)

look i value supersayen's opinion , but i don't understand why he's bringing up roy's power here . We all know he isn't as powerful against opponents who rely on speed , and roy himself isn't a good close combat type . . Did ya not see what bradley wannabees did to HIM . They owned him . And The KING OWNED MUSTANG IN LESS THAN 6 SECONDS :)

P.S . . and code geass's finale sucked when compared to this . .

Let's see.

Going by RPG terms, Mustang is a mage, a glass cannon.

He is invincible when he has range or when he faces multiple oponents.

However place him against durable and fast close-combat fighter and Mustang looses all his advantages

He has huge damage output, possibly highest in the entire human cast of series, but that does not make him invicible.

Let's see - HAD Hughes not taken away one life from Lust, roy would be dead from his encounter with Lust..
Jul 5, 2010 1:37 AM

Oct 2008
Excellent explanation Fai :)

but there is one thing i would have loved to have in brotherhood . . An armstrong-mustang combo move . That would have been so awesome . . .
Jul 5, 2010 1:48 AM

Jul 2008
Pure greatest in its finest form.

i really hope there is no continuation after this. if they make a movie or another series, i do not doubt it will kill this... i know some people that want to see a continuation, but theres nothing really to continue on. ed (imo) is done... i can see them running with al, but still... they shouldn't go on.

i want to think in 50 years, while i know ill still be watching anime (sadly but probably not as much as i do now), but i want to think back and say "why cant they make more anime like this... good from beginning to end, with a somewhat worthwhile ending/closure?"

(the ending/closure to FMA:B was greatness, which is apparently not easy to do at that level, looking at all the anime i have watched)
Jul 5, 2010 1:48 AM

Feb 2010
Hahahaha I LOL-ed at two parts.. First is mustang's moustache.. Funny and weird at the same time. o.0 next is the family photo. It's damn funny when ed's eyes are like this: ^^ and his son has the same ^^ eyes!! freaking hilarious.. :D

Great ending to a great series. 10/10
icegenieJul 5, 2010 1:57 AM
icegenie.pngUntitled-1_04-04.gif
Jul 5, 2010 2:07 AM

Feb 2008
Decent ending, and I've enjoyed watching it the past 15 months. Kind of strange that they're 18-19 and still sound like they're 14, though.
Jul 5, 2010 2:19 AM

Dec 2009
I WANT MORE ED x WINRY AND ROY x RIZA!

but, i still give it a 10/10 ... i think they should make an extra ep dedicated to the couples... i wish >3>
Jul 5, 2010 2:23 AM

Jul 2009
Bow.

And~ I'm so playing the whole soundtrack all night long.
Jul 5, 2010 2:44 AM
Jun 2010
I didnt think it was the best end ever...nothing like that. What the f**k happened do Hohenheim? That pissed me off
Jul 5, 2010 2:52 AM

Oct 2008
Did you not watch the previous episode . . .
Jul 5, 2010 3:53 AM
Jun 2010
silent_killer said:
Did you not watch the previous episode . . .

oh my god....i had completely forgotten about his death at the cemetery, jesus LOL

im really starting to think that my memory is going downhill very fast for my age...

Oh well...nevertheless, i didnt think it was a perfect final, but it was the final of one of the finest animes ever, and yes, it beats the first FMA. The only thing worse, is that because of the rushed beggining, i couldnt care for Hughes as much as i did in the original series. His death had a lot more impact than in brotherhood
Jul 5, 2010 4:07 AM
Sep 2009
Dam im gonna miss this anime like i did with the earlier fullmetal alchemist
Jul 5, 2010 4:18 AM
Jul 2009
Great ending to an even better version of FMA then the original, and that is no small feat. It felt like a very natural ending for the Elric brothers, the awkwardness that both Ed and Winry displayed when he made his feelings for her known seemed very natural. As opposed to them saying "I love you." for the benefit of the fans, BONES did the ending in a way that showed both Winry and Ed truly care about each other without cheapening it by making it cliche. Also the fact that both Ed and Al set out on a new journey really suits them, because who could ever see those two staying in one spot for very long? It would have been nice if Mustang and Hawkeye could have made their feelings for each other clear, but I suppose there wasn't enough time in one episode to fully explain everything in the end and maybe it's something that neither of them can put into words. It was also nice to see Al visiting Hughe's widow and daughter, to explain to them what his plan for the future was.
Jul 5, 2010 5:15 AM

Dec 2009
Nice Ending, although EdxWinry is an absolute no-no for me.
SilentSympathyJul 5, 2010 9:11 AM
Jul 5, 2010 5:19 AM

Jul 2009
Well I've said everything I wanted to say about it when the manga ended. Brilliant 10/10.
Jul 5, 2010 5:35 AM

Jan 2010
I realy enjoyed this anime im glad that it had what i tought was a realy good ending i liked the part where they show you photo's at the end!!

Jul 5, 2010 5:51 AM

Jul 2009
Now with this, FMA has ended at last... oh wait, there's a movie :D

The ending was better than I had expected. FMA is truly a masterpiece. Easily one of the best shounen anime/manga out there~
This is a signature.
Jul 5, 2010 6:03 AM

Apr 2008
cool~ good ending ...

Jul 5, 2010 6:38 AM
Nov 2009
Wonderful ending to a great series! It truly has been an awesome ride. Really going to miss having new episodes of Fullmetal Alchemist to look forward to each week. Big thanks to Hiromu Arakawa and Bones!
Jul 5, 2010 6:40 AM
Jan 2010
FMA:B, like a lot of people mention was a true masterpiece. Taking into account that you can't gain without giving in return is probably the best lesson to be taught, as well as the dramatic scenes, slap stick comedy, and a whole variety of emotional scenes compressed into 64 episodes.

I do kinda wish the story could have been worked on to create another ongoing Anime like Bleach or Naruto, since all characters were very well developed, as well as many of the once in a while cast members. We all knew their backgrounds, stories, etc.

I have to congratulate the producers, artists, writers, and everyone involved with FMA:B. This is a masterpiece to be proud of for years to come. It was able to touch all people, from shounen lovers, to slice-of-life type series watchers, incorporated with a lot of well timed comedy and drama that could almost make an emotionless person finally have emotions.

Everyone online that was watching this episode subbed, should write a thank you note to the Subfan group that did the subbing, timing, etc. Their work was epic, well timed, releases were prompt, and the translation, impecable.

My only regret is that now, it's over, we have to forget and move on. I rarely say this about anime, even for some of my personal favorites like Elfen Lied, Angel Beats, etc, but now my Sundays will feel nostalgic, not going to sleep watching the new epic story for Al and Ed, before the start of another long weeks work.

I hope you all feel the same after watching 64 great episodes. Hopefully they will sometime release an OVA series, or aftermath short series, just to feed us some more FMA, and so that we can see Ed and Winry's 2 children, Al's relationship with Mei, Fang and Ling as Emperor of Xing, and if Al really become the new Full Metal.

Let's hope for the best!

AND TO ALL THOSE THAT WANT AN OVA, OR MORE FMA, maybe we could email the producers asking for more, and if they receive enough mail, perhaps FMA:B2 will be born ;-P
Jul 5, 2010 6:45 AM

Sep 2009
First half of the last ep was really good but I hoped that they would add something extra in the end, not only showing the board with the pinned photos.. :/ There's no Olivier among the shots, but Alex and his subordinates are in Xing?? xD And what the hell's wrong with Roy's last (anime)charakter design, CREEPY moustache!! >,> why did they do that to him? Don't tell me we are supposed to think characters with moustache's are fit to become leader (Fuhrer)? *cough* Also, the anime totally left out his ranks and promotions. (While in the manga, he made it to brigadier generel after 2 years and General on the photos) Nooot enough Royai! And are those falmann's kids or his siblings?

All in all.. great anime and good conclusion.. Can't wait for the movie <3
Jul 5, 2010 6:48 AM

Apr 2008
For anyone that's interested, I made this wallpaper in honor of the ending.
[psst, click me.]
Jul 5, 2010 7:51 AM

May 2010
This is probably the best ending to an anime I have ever watched. It wraps everything and I like how they show Colonel Mustang getting his eyes back.

The ending was epic. Especially when they show all the pictures. It was a nice way to show things that did not happen in the manga.
Jul 5, 2010 8:27 AM
Sep 2009
I've already read the manga version of the ending and I think the anime version did it justice. It was also nice that the anime used the photos in the end to show where everyone is or how their doing. Only little thing I had against it was Roy's rather creepy mustache and the lack of acknowledgment for his achievements.
Jul 5, 2010 8:31 AM

Oct 2008
_Vincent_ said:
For anyone that's interested, I made this wallpaper in honor of the ending.
[psst, click me.]

awesome . . But can i please get this in 1280x1024 resolution :) :) pwetty please :)
Jul 5, 2010 9:03 AM

Feb 2010
So Fullmetal Alchemist is over, this time for good. Gotta say, it's like part of my soul ended with it, but I guess when you get that attached to anything it's only normal.

The finale was wraped up pretty nicely, and I'm glad Ed finally admited his feelings for Winry... about damn time. And from the photos at the end we can see life goes on, and all is well. Good. Nice. Neatoooo. Muto Bene.

I loved this series. It kicked ass in every department: story, characters, music, visuals, whatever. Goodbye Fullmetal. It was nice "watching" you.
Jul 5, 2010 10:06 AM

Apr 2010
Haha, am I the only one who actually kinda likes Roy's mustache? It helps to give him a bit more of a dignified air, though I agree he should have gone for a mustache more like Grumman's. Currently it looks way too much like Yoki's -___-

As for the movie, I hope it's a Xing-centered movie that shows us how Ling got to be emperor. If I recall correctly, there's supposed to be a succession war going on when he, Lan Fan, and Mei Chang arrive home. Maybe they can call it something like "Record of Eastern Succession War" or whatever. Plus I want to know what he ended up doing with the Philosopher's Stone he had.
Jul 5, 2010 10:13 AM

Jun 2010
Ow man this is really the greatest anime ever. It has everything:
Action, Comedy, Drama, Magic, Fantasy, Adventure, some romance and on top of that a Happy end.

Part of me cried when it was over. But it was a great happy ending!

10/10!

Check the Spoilers for Happy end pic :D
#1 Small one

#2 Big one (1920x1080)
-Roach-Jul 5, 2010 10:36 AM

Jul 5, 2010 10:21 AM

May 2009
10 for 10 from me and easily among the best TV series I've ever watched. Arakawa-sensei and those responsible for the anime adaptation over at BONES have my eternal admiration and appreciation.
Jul 5, 2010 12:23 PM

Apr 2010
10 of 10 from me, too. Definitely a personal favorite, and I am going to miss the Elric brothers and the rest sooo much.
Pages (20) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

216 by TheBrokenBoyy »»
Today, 11:17 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 42 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

adamantine - Jan 31, 2010

137 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 18, 7:43 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 41 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Jan 24, 2010

174 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 18, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jun 7, 2009

344 by CaviarSandwiches »»
May 17, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Aug 9, 2009

359 by _Abdullah_ »»
May 14, 11:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.