Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Inuyashiki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 20, 2017 6:34 AM

Jul 2012
How is it hard to comprehend why he was killing them?

He was doing it to verify his ability to feel emotions.

Hardly something beyond human comprehension.

----

Quite literally, he is the opposite of the old man. The old man was worried about losing his feelings as a human, and found that he can still feel them when saving lives.

The young kid also has the same concern, and only feels it a bit when he kills or traumatizes people.
~ Ch-ch-ch-data

Visit my Discord community: VGData.
For games, anime, & music.
Oct 20, 2017 6:40 AM
Apr 2016
I am not going to divulge into the meaning of "insanity",...
But having to do what he did to feel "human" emotions makes him bona fide INhuman. And what he felt, was or at least seemed to be more of a satisfaction, being "alive" because he could indulge in insanity.
----
There was also a theory that he somehow figured out a home of someone who bullied his friend, which would give him 0,0(1)/0 justification, but I am glad it did not turn out to be like that.
Re:formed
Oct 20, 2017 6:45 AM

Jul 2012
So far I don't get the vibe that Hiro is really evil.

He's not evil in the sense that he just wants to cause and inflict harm for the joy of doing so.

He does it to affirm that he can still feel emotions, not for the sake of random killing.

He's not a psychopath - he's a sociopath.

He's still an unjust murderer though.
~ Ch-ch-ch-data

Oct 20, 2017 6:48 AM

Nov 2016
damn Hiro is the new edgelord. Love this anime, can't wait for episode 3.
Oct 20, 2017 7:03 AM
Apr 2016
Chdata said:
So far I don't get the vibe that Hiro is really evil.

He's not evil in the sense that he just wants to cause and inflict harm for the joy of doing so.

He does it to affirm that he can still feel emotions, not for the sake of random killing.

He's not a psychopath - he's a sociopath.

He's still an unjust murderer though.

Well I have no idea...
I will guess it will become more clear in the following episodes. Stay tuned.
Oct 20, 2017 7:19 AM
Jul 2018
Well, I started reading the manga after being impressed with the first episode and I must say that in anime things just look way more fucked up. Hiro is insane, it's beyond imagination.
Oct 20, 2017 7:31 AM

Jun 2016
Bruuuh, no wonder I love the OP so much because it was by Man With A Mission. I'm so not okay. Waaaaaah.

Why am I having a feeling that this anime will be the AOTS? Ohmygod. This episode is much fucking better than the first and finally we already met that guy who was transformed into a human cyborg just like Inuyashiki-san and turns out he's the bad guy here. Ohmygod. Just when I thought they can work with each other and save the unfortunate people. Haha.

Hiro just literally showed to his little brother, I think, that he became something like a powerful cyborg. Jesus. The whole scene with him was so fucking amazing and terrifying, too. Such a dangerous man to have that kind of power. That "BANG" reminded of this certain comics I've read long time ago where the main character accidentally killed his sister or something just like with Hiro's BANG power. Lmfao.

So, Inuyashiki-san can hear the people asking for help then? Wow.

And can someone please tell me who's that girl and why Hiro killed her and her family? Was she the one who bullied Hiro's brother? Bruuuh, I was speechless throughout the murder scene then that father unintentionally drowned his own kid to death. What the fuck. Haha.

GODFUCKINGDAMN. STILL NOT OVER THIS EPISODE AND THAT FREAKING CLIFFHANGER, MAAAN. Glad it didn't take that long for Inuyashiki-san and Hiro to meet. Ugh. Ugh.

From 7/10 to 9/10 real quick! Yas! YAAAS!

P.S. Glad they're not censoring anime titles. Haha. Nice.
TheDoggoneGirlOct 20, 2017 7:36 AM

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 20, 2017 7:39 AM
Dec 2015
This episode was predictable but good none the less. what I want to know is was he just playing with the kid or was there something more based on the reaction more
Oct 20, 2017 8:06 AM
Apr 2016
BlueEclispe said:
This episode was predictable but good none the less. what I want to know is was he just playing with the kid or was there something more based on the reaction more

I think that the implication goes, he does not even care if his friend is a killer, since he himself is a piece of insane scum. But considering the later reaction from his friend (where he reminiscence about Hiro being *that* way since childhood), the friend does not seem to be much of a scum himself.
Oct 20, 2017 8:09 AM

Nov 2016
Really enjoyed this episode. Especially how Hiro is neither good or evil. He seems bored, if anything - and kills to see if he can still be considered human/alive.
"In this world, evil can arise from the best of intentions. And there is good which can come from evil intentions"
Oct 20, 2017 8:20 AM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
The_viewer said:
This villain character (Hiro) reminds me of Light from death note. They kind of have some similarities. I am eagerly waiting for the next episode.

Refer to comment #103 for further discussion of the similarities and differences.

Eden2307 said:
kyoudai said:

When did they ever say that Hiro is autistic?
I may have taken some creative liberties with my description due to how funny I found his behavior.

The autistic people in the audience thank you for clarifying.
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Oct 20, 2017 8:21 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Pretty good episode. MAPPA did a nice job at capturing the brutality of the series. Was pretty sad at all the innocents that died in the episode but the final scene with him and Ichirou was awesome.

I'm excited for the next episode.
Oct 20, 2017 8:21 AM

Sep 2016
i mean who could imagine what one is capable of if one had this kind of power and get bored or curious about these kind of things...
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Oct 20, 2017 9:05 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
TheDoggoneGirl said:

And can someone please tell me who's that girl and why Hiro killed her and her family? Was she the one who bullied Hiro's brother? Bruuuh, I was speechless throughout the murder scene then that father unintentionally drowned his own kid to death. What the fuck. Haha.

He don't know them, like shown in the scene where he just turn around in the middle of the street hiding his face, he just randomly killed these people, it just happened thats the house he stopped at.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 20, 2017 9:07 AM

Dec 2016
This episode messed me up...

What a psychopath.
Oct 20, 2017 9:23 AM

Jun 2015
damn this episode make me forget to breathe
Oct 20, 2017 9:41 AM

Feb 2014
TheDoggoneGirl said:

And can someone please tell me who's that girl and why Hiro killed her and her family? Was she the one who bullied Hiro's brother?

Hiro just killed for fun I guess? Coz he just chose the prey like a lucky draw.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 20, 2017 10:01 AM
Aug 2017
Maneki-Mew said:
duderus said:

Well according to Film Theory after they crunched some numbers Light killed at least 279,024 people (without taking into account if they were all truly guilty. Btw that totals over 11,000 innocent deaths)... but he also technically saved some 600,000 people per year in his reign of terror.

I meant personality-wise. Light has his wicked and sick beliefs and he thought he is allowed to do this things. He became even more insane, when he lost himself in his God complex and psychopathic personality type.

Hiro just wants to feel alive and says that he is empty. (Tho it's interesting and even more disturbing-believable that he can feel something for fictional characters, but not for real people and that he had his short moments, when his classmate could look through him. Maybe his grief for his dog was real too, who knows that or he just faked it to appear as a normal boy?)

So, I don't know the Inuyashiki manga, but I think he could be a guy, who could kill as many people as Light, if nobody stops him.
In his case, it's because he can. I mean, people like him exists. They are rare and many psychopaths are never goint to kill anyone, but some do.

So, you could say, if you are never interfering with Light's business and not commiting a crime, you could be relatively safe.
Hiro is more disturbing, because he is the kind of guy, who suddenly attacks you, when you are at home and feeling safe there; maybe kidnaps or rapes or kills you, because he can and because he is mightier than you. Watching him doing these things, feels more "dangerous" to me, because there were real, similar cases ... compared to a magical book. XD it doesn't matter, if Hiro has a real gun or if he is a robot-like thing himself.

Tho it has been a while since I watched and read Death Note. ^^"

kyoudai said:

Definitely worse. Light, for better or worse, started out by following his own sense of justice and sticking to it, however misguided it might have been. Light had integrity, even if nothing else. Hiro, on the other hand, kills for entertainment, for the thrill, to feel alive.

Yeah, this. ^
Agree........ ^^
Oct 20, 2017 10:03 AM

Jul 2012
dasprn said:
TheDoggoneGirl said:

And can someone please tell me who's that girl and why Hiro killed her and her family? Was she the one who bullied Hiro's brother?

He's killing to verify that he can feel emotions, rather than specifically for fun.

I feel like the implication is that he's trying to test whether or not he can feel sympathy for a person dying in front of him. He believes he should be able to, and tries to do what he can to make it happen.

That's why he didn't mean to outright kill the mother, and why he toyed around with the father and child.

For now it's ambiguous though, the story could be as boring as him simply being a sadist who gets off on torturing people to death.

But the implication is more that he's become completely disconnected from emotions - which is why he jumps from death threats and killing to trying to talk about an anime he liked.
~ Ch-ch-ch-data

Oct 20, 2017 10:10 AM

Feb 2014
Chdata said:
dasprn said:

He's killing to verify that he can feel emotions, rather than specifically for fun.

I feel like the implication is that he's trying to test whether or not he can feel sympathy for a person dying in front of him. He believes he should be able to, and tries to do what he can to make it happen.

That's why he didn't mean to outright kill the mother, and why he toyed around with the father and child.

For now it's ambiguous though, the story could be as boring as him simply being a sadist who gets off on torturing people to death.

But the implication is more that he's become completely disconnected from emotions - which is why he jumps from death threats and killing to trying to talk about an anime he liked.

So he's like being more alien than a human be the day? Like the MC in Parasyte?

Oct 20, 2017 10:10 AM

Feb 2014
Chdata said:
dasprn said:

Oct 20, 2017 10:25 AM
Apr 2016
kyoudai said:

The autistic people in the audience thank you for clarifying.

The usual silent majority? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 20, 2017 10:27 AM
Apr 2016
dasprn said:
Chdata said:

Both his and Inuyashiki's bodies were replaced by weapon systems from some unknown alien ship. The only thing human remaining in them is their mind and soul. And even then, Hiro had never cherished those.
Oct 20, 2017 10:28 AM

Sep 2014
What a weird place for a bus stop to be. One lane on the road and it blocks the whole traffic. What to talk if flow of people getting in/out of the bus is pretty big ?

The Big Sister looked like she had some work put into her appearance , didn't expect her to die in few minutes.

Series of events in this episode portrayed my view on immortality ( lets assume these guys are immortal ). You become bored and start doing brutal things in order to have fun or feel some sort of new emotion.

Also , Hiro was at the scene during Inuyashiki's transformation so he should at least have knowledge of the granddad , how come didn't he recognize him ?
Oct 20, 2017 11:17 AM

Apr 2015
Pretty good episode I think but I didn't really feel it I think. Could have been better
The villain is a great depiction of craziness though, certainly one of the better ones in anime world
Oct 20, 2017 11:59 AM
Oct 2007
Wow this episode setup / intro the show nicely. I'm suddenly feeling it too!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2017 12:21 PM

Jul 2016
So we got our old goody-two-shoes guy and our teen sociopath. Hoping Hiro gets his ass handed to him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2017 12:25 PM
May 2017
HOLY SHIT! I didn't expect that at all :0 Hiro is a badass character I say but I like to see his ass kicked by inuyashiki though :v
Oct 20, 2017 12:31 PM
Feb 2017
I was amazed with BANG... Damn that episode was awesome
Oct 20, 2017 12:47 PM

Jun 2016
Baka_Debakar said:
They mentioned Gantz (Even the character somewhat looks same)!!

Inuyashiki and Gantz are written by the same mangaka.

The_viewer said:
This villain character (Hiro) reminds me of Light from death note. They kind of have some similarities. I am eagerly waiting for the next episode.

I don't know if I see it. Hiro kills people to see if he can feel anything and ultimately uses his power for evil, since he keeps killing random people. With Light, he at least tried to kill the 'bad guys', which is why people followed and worshiped Kira. No sane person would follow Hiro, but you can't say the same for Light, since his methods did help people even if it was done in the wrong way.

Hiro is just a kid who wants to be loved and cherished, but since he's just a kid and not fully developed he just kills without remorse. He's an idiot. A childish idiot.
MonoJuMalOct 20, 2017 1:00 PM
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Oct 20, 2017 1:29 PM

Apr 2009
I didn't know that Gantz and Inuyashiki have the same mangeka!! That's kind of cool that it he referenced his other series in here.

But holy shit, this character of this episode is completely apathetic.

With this episode, things got a whole lot darker.
Oct 20, 2017 1:36 PM
Sep 2014
Not gonna lie, I cried near the end of this episode. It just came out of nowhere. He murdered an entire family in a snap. That was too gruesome. The mother was shot on the head and a few times on the back, then he goes in the bath and takes out the father, along with the kid. When he started speaking to daughter of the family, it was so cringy. Mad man.
Oct 20, 2017 1:38 PM
Sep 2014
RainSprite said:
I didn't know that Gantz and Inuyashiki have the same mangeka!! That's kind of cool that it he referenced his other series in here.

But holy shit, this character of this episode is completely apathetic.

With this episode, things got a whole lot darker.

I can't wait for the next episode. I hope he gets what he deserves after what he did to the family.
Oct 20, 2017 1:41 PM
Nov 2016
Pretty dark episode. The one thing that bothers me is the fact that they're spending too much time on making Hiro feel like sadistic and dark and that's fine but he just seems too robotic.

And the CG still bothers me but I feel like I'll learn to live with it.
Oct 20, 2017 1:53 PM

Jan 2013
Damn...this episode, i'm speechless.
Can't believe this happened, i mean the way it happened...everything was so fast and so dark.
What a way to introduce the main villain...
Hope Inuyashiki will learn/understand his powers to fight him back next time.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 20, 2017 2:24 PM

Jan 2016
I'm getting used to the voice actors, and I think the voices for the high school main characters are great, seeing as they are realistic and not atypical.

The anime continues its quality and faithfulness to the manga. I'm surprised the anime got away with blatantly mentioning Spiderman, Attack on Titan, One Piece... and it actually scares me that some of my friends have a similar perspective to Shishigami... These people do exist and I think Shishigami is an interesting take of the desensitised modern generation... Wow, I've never used that word before.

BANG. BANG. BANG.

Can't wait for the next episode!
Oct 20, 2017 2:26 PM

Apr 2016
Oh my gosh. The synopsis for this anime seemed more lightherted and I didn't look that hard into it before watching so i was not expecting a psychopath serial killer! Probably should take a closer look at the genre next time. XD Either way, it was actually pretty good. Love the juxtapositioning between the two. Old and young, kind and cruel. And they both do it to "feel alive."
Oct 20, 2017 2:28 PM
Saber Devotee

Jun 2015
“Are my father and little brother dead too?”

"What does that matter? We were talking about One Piece."

I'm done, lmao

Oct 20, 2017 2:35 PM
Feb 2016
hey rip to the girl that died, she really liked my boy zoro xD
Oct 20, 2017 3:11 PM

Sep 2014
That was a sick episode! A bit sad that the first episode was so poor compared to this one. Dis gun be good
Oct 20, 2017 3:44 PM

Jun 2013
damn Hiro is a psycho
Oct 20, 2017 4:53 PM
Jul 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
I see, I see. Explaining the greatness of One Piece through other shows? Jump going all out with marketing these days eh? XD
Anyway, fun aside. I do love how Hiro is a huge One Piece fan and seeing him cry while reading manga is very very relatable too. XD
I laughed so hard when he told his classmate, 'Nami is better'. xDDD

That being said, Holy shit the second half was brutal. I did not expect Hiro to go full psychopath mode.

Old Man and Hiro finally meet at the end, fight next episode?

THIS! I’m a one piece fan and I also found it hilarious. I actually started this anime because I saw that one piece reference. Damn Hiro is psychotic but I like him anyway.
Oct 20, 2017 5:44 PM

Apr 2015
Swim_Swim said:
franciu said:
honestly everything shishigami does is supposed to make you feel uneasy. i think he's an interesting evil character, but at the same time i hate him (a lot).

At same time he's pretty relatable in some ways, honestly how many cares about the suffering of people who they dont know? Not many, most would be sadder if one their fav fictional char dies... So his feelings are probably really familiar to many people.

If he's relatable I'd be a bit worried about your mental health; he's a plausible character who makes sense as a deranged sociopath but probably not relatable to most people.
I may be sadder when one of my fav characters die but I am pretty sure I will choose that over a violent death of a person I don't know, and I'm sure the overwhelming majority of the population would think the same
Oct 20, 2017 6:15 PM
Aug 2015
phantomfandom said:
I think the villain is not evil enough, if he's gonna kill the kid he has to give that kid a hope first and then kill him like Caster from Fate/Zero. Overall I'm disappoint in the villain's insufficient evil but I'll continue to watch just in case there's more evil villain than him.

i think you misinterpret him to be evil.
he is just a psycho..

IMO, it's not like he is killing off people because he have evil motive in the first place. i mean it's not like he killing off people out of hatred or want to rule japan or something like that.

he kill people because it makes him feel alive. the opposite of inuyashiki where he felt alive when he
help/save people.

yes killing people is bad and can be said as an evil person, but his motive is not that.
so it's not he necessarily need to be more evil.. because he is just a psycho not your regular evil villain who doing bad things because his motive is evil.
his motive are not evil, but the way how he did it is bad.

so "the villain's insufficient evil" is just right for me.
and not all series need a super bad evil villain to be a great story.
ZervoOct 20, 2017 6:19 PM
Oct 20, 2017 7:27 PM

Sep 2015
There are so many alarm bells going off in my head telling me to drop this right now. Like the first episode didn't grab me that much but at least from a character perspective I could understand what made the old guy tick and why saving people made him feel alive.

But what the actual fuck is it about killing people that makes Hiro feel alive, especially for a guy who doesn't give a fuck about the lives of other people. Like he doesn't seem to get any sick pleasure out of it soooooo why?? Especially since he, like Inuyashiki, was able to physically cry after reading One Piece for like 5 seconds because of the 'feels'. At this point, I'm more inclined to believe that One Piece makes Hiro feel more alive than the act of killing. Like his whole murder spree is just baffling to me.

This episode also just had me laughing at times where I obviously shouldn't have been. The first time was when he was crashing all the cars and I noticed that nobody had bothered to put in any CGI people in the the cars. The second was when Hiro was having that conversation with the girl about One Piece and shit.
Oct 20, 2017 9:00 PM
Jul 2018
well, that was disturbing.. mainly the little boy drowning under his father.

rip
Oct 20, 2017 9:12 PM
Feb 2016
that was absolutely fucked...........damn cant wait for next week
Oct 20, 2017 10:06 PM

Sep 2016
I think the family deserved what they got. After all their father does weird shit with his son in the tub and their daughter's favorite manga are one piece and attack on titan.

I get that one piece is a good manga but it better not be your god damn favorite when shit like hunter x hunter, jojo, and beserk exist e-e....

Seriously though....When the fuck has one piece had feels after the timeskip e-e...?
I've surpassed your limit!
Oct 20, 2017 10:27 PM

Apr 2010
Fluggyboi said:
i mean who could imagine what one is capable of if one had this kind of power and get bored or curious about these kind of things...
I think I would be doing the same thing if I were him.

Somebody Gonna Get A Hurt Real Bad !
Oct 20, 2017 11:28 PM

Jun 2016
DatRandomDude said:
He don't know them, like shown in the scene where he just turn around in the middle of the street hiding his face, he just randomly killed these people, it just happened thats the house he stopped at.

dasprn said:

Jesus. You guys' answers made this episode much more fucked up. Thank you so much for answering! Hiro is a sociopath. #CONFIRMED

Save us, Inuyashiki-sama! Waaaah.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2017

183 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 1, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2017

215 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 1, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

393 by reveluvie0 »»
Apr 21, 5:36 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

159 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 17, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2017

330 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 17, 9:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.