Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Inuyashiki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 19, 2017 5:22 PM
Jul 2018
duderus said:
Maneki-Mew said:
So, we found someone, who is worse than Light, huh? o.o With the same look in his eyes and a similar appearance, kinda of. But I mean, he is believable in a disturbing way for his personality type / for the damn psychopath he is.

Well according to Film Theory after they crunched some numbers Light killed at least 279,024 people (without taking into account if they were all truly guilty. Btw that totals over 11,000 innocent deaths)... but he also technically saved some 600,000 people per year in his reign of terror.

I meant personality-wise. Light has his wicked and sick beliefs and he thought he is allowed to do this things. He became even more insane, when he lost himself in his God complex and psychopathic personality type.

Hiro just wants to feel alive and says that he is empty. (Tho it's interesting and even more disturbing-believable that he can feel something for fictional characters, but not for real people and that he had his short moments, when his classmate could look through him. Maybe his grief for his dog was real too, who knows that or he just faked it to appear as a normal boy?)

So, I don't know the Inuyashiki manga, but I think he could be a guy, who could kill as many people as Light, if nobody stops him.
In his case, it's because he can. I mean, people like him exists. They are rare and many psychopaths are never goint to kill anyone, but some do.

So, you could say, if you are never interfering with Light's business and not commiting a crime, you could be relatively safe.
Hiro is more disturbing, because he is the kind of guy, who suddenly attacks you, when you are at home and feeling safe there; maybe kidnaps or rapes or kills you, because he can and because he is mightier than you. Watching him doing these things, feels more "dangerous" to me, because there were real, similar cases ... compared to a magical book. XD it doesn't matter, if Hiro has a real gun or if he is a robot-like thing himself.

Tho it has been a while since I watched and read Death Note. ^^"

kyoudai said:
Maneki-Mew said:
So, we found someone, who is worse than Light, huh? o.o With the same look in his eyes and a similar appearance, kinda of. But I mean, he is believable in a disturbing way for his personality type / for the damn psychopath he is.

Definitely worse. Light, for better or worse, started out by following his own sense of justice and sticking to it, however misguided it might have been. Light had integrity, even if nothing else. Hiro, on the other hand, kills for entertainment, for the thrill, to feel alive.

Yeah, this. ^
removed-userOct 19, 2017 5:44 PM
Oct 19, 2017 5:49 PM

Jun 2007
First time in awhile an anime has kept me on edge with the intensity. And I even read the manga. Music/noise timing adds to the atmosphere A LOT.

Oku's fourth wall breaking take on a psychopath makes for disturbing entertainment, that's for sure. To laugh or not to laugh.
AironicallyHumanOct 19, 2017 6:19 PM
Oct 19, 2017 6:03 PM

Jan 2011
yeah i think i might be good if there's anymore stuff like that had to stop after the bath scene

guess i was fooled knew this crazy brat was pretty messed up and devoid of empathy for
those not closed to him but they went from like a 2-3 to like a 10 on the messed up scale ,not sure why i thought him and the grandpa would be working together

i can only find peace knowing he gets stopped quickly but i doubt that'd happen
Oct 19, 2017 6:15 PM

Sep 2011
Still not a fan of either the MC voice actors, but I guess it feels more "real"? Though not sure if people in Japan really care for that lmao.

On the other hand, that MC is a total fuckwad.
Oct 19, 2017 6:47 PM
Sep 2015
ghoulcustomer said:
He wasn't trying to meticulously cause the most suffering, he was just fucking around and aimlessly asserting his dominance over the world around him. Debatably more evil because there's no rhyme or reason to his antics, and he shows no signs of having any conscience at all. Just a raw psychopath.

You just wanted to watch that fate/zero scene again because you thought it was cool and now you're whining because you didn't get to see it.

I'm neither a fan of gore nor torture. And my expectation doesn't come from Fate/Zero. It comes from the fact that this is the same author as Gantz, and Gantz is my favorite manga despite it's not my genre at all. Though Inuyashiki protagonist is much more interesting (but much less hot, I don't mind being much older) than Gantz's Kei (and overall characters as well).
Oct 19, 2017 7:24 PM

Nov 2011
I found this episode more funny then serious. The stupid bang moments and titties on the screen were pretty funny at times. Like I can't take this dude seriously. "Ive never felt more alive!" LOL alright bro.

Ill give it one more episode before I most likely drop it.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 19, 2017 7:35 PM
Jul 2018
GangsterCat said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:
^Basically this

Japanese voice acting in anime almost never sound like how Japanese people talk in real life. This anime is trying to replicate the non-exaggerated style Japanese people normally speak in, by using live-action actors as voice actors.
that's a nice excuse for bad acting "it's bad because it's intended to be bad!" lol

I'm not sure why you dislike the voice acting, I think it's really well done.
Oct 19, 2017 7:36 PM

Apr 2013
Well that was definitely... interesting. Animation and voices of this ep somehow felt even more notably bad than the first? Though that might be because I dislike Hiro's voice the most. The story itself is really intriguing though, so it's worth a pass (for now? lol)

Wow though. Definitely a gorey gorey anime. In hindsight, I should've expected it when in the first ep, some kids tried to set a guy on fire and beat him to death with baseball bats, but eh. Hindsight's 20/20.

I definitely do agree the stark contrast between the MC's is super interesting. I was ofc expecting Hiro to be a villain, but maaan he went all out. I can't say I like him much tho. Dunno if it's just his voice or what, but he's kind of annoying me a little. We'll see as time goes on.

Definitely curious tho to see how things go from here... and what exactly those negative side effects are that were alluded to in the synopsis...
Oct 19, 2017 7:50 PM

Jul 2013
wow, the antagonist is interesting! sadly i'm dropping this show because the animation and voice acting is just abysmal but i'm going to try the manga at some point because this seems like a cool concept at the very least.
Oct 19, 2017 7:50 PM

Jul 2011
Honestly loved this way more than the first episode. Hiro isn't evil so much as he's a psychopath, which is honestly one type of antagonist that I really like.

I love how the characters act as foils to each other. Looking forward to how this turns out. Also I didn't even notice the voice acting lol. More natural Japanese is fun to listen to anyway.
Oct 19, 2017 7:59 PM

Dec 2015
How do you make a villain scary...................

u like one piece
hi
Oct 19, 2017 8:00 PM

Sep 2010
This sure gives some bad rep to One Piece fans... oh well, still I can help but be proud that when THe bad guy MC asked the girl who her fav character is I guessed Zoro... it came to my mind somehow so I guess she looked like Zorotard to me.

I also liked how the author managed to put in advertisement for his old manga Gantz... must read as well.

In any case this truly was an episode of what would real teenage do if he were given super power. I liked it very much because it's 1. realistic and for 2. it brilliantly shits on all those high schoolers who are given the power and start rescuing the world out of sudden... you know which I am talking about, all those in which MC is pervert without any reminding qualities or personality as such but somehow he manages to get entire harems regardless. .... AH, I couldn't help myself when writing this.

In any case, it's a really good watch so far, there are truly one one anime at best like this per season.

And I feeling like reading Gantz again. Cool.
Oct 19, 2017 8:09 PM

May 2015
fishpun said:
wow, the antagonist is interesting! sadly i'm dropping this show because the animation and voice acting is just abysmal but i'm going to try the manga at some point because this seems like a cool concept at the very least.

Neither the animation nor VA are bad, but ok.

Oct 19, 2017 8:18 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode. This is the first time that such specific references to other series have played such a direct role in the plot of an anime. Kind of interesting you can get away with that.
Oct 19, 2017 8:28 PM

Dec 2014
Haha, a genuine representation of a psychopath? Fucking brilliant.
An indiscriminate murderer... but he shows care for his family, for the fictional stories he consumes, showing that he's not incapable of emotion... fucking brilliant.
Oct 19, 2017 8:30 PM

Jul 2013
Kittens-kun said:
fishpun said:

Neither the animation nor VA are bad, but ok.

i could've phrased my original post better, so here goes: IN MY OPINION, they're bad.

if you enjoy both aspects of the show i'm happy for you! i wish i could say the same for myself because i much prefer watching anime over reading manga, but hey-ho.
Oct 19, 2017 8:40 PM

Dec 2014
I see, I see. Explaining the greatness of One Piece through other shows? Jump going all out with marketing these days eh? XD
Anyway, fun aside. I do love how Hiro is a huge One Piece fan and seeing him cry while reading manga is very very relatable too. XD
I laughed so hard when he told his classmate, 'Nami is better'. xDDD

That being said, Holy shit the second half was brutal. I did not expect Hiro to go full psychopath mode.

Old Man and Hiro finally meet at the end, fight next episode?
Oct 19, 2017 8:56 PM

Feb 2013
I love this autistic antagonist that kills people and always talks about One Piece. You can't get more relatable than liking the best series ever. He even shits on his creator's work, lol. I wish I was his friend, Andou doesn't deserve such a bro.
Oct 19, 2017 9:24 PM

Oct 2015
The protagonist is old dude, The antagonist is high school boy. Dang. I really love this season so far.

Oct 19, 2017 9:31 PM

Dec 2010
Aaaaaand it's another psychopath.
Oct 19, 2017 10:01 PM
Apr 2016
The scary thing is, that this kind of immoral, empty human scum would emerge for real in modern Japan, had they got the power. In other countries, as well. The age of decadence is upon this world...
Re:formed
Oct 19, 2017 10:22 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode but at the same time I'm kind of mad because I realize while watching the scenes where that guy Hiro killing the family happens in real life.

Also, this episode we learned that One Piece fans are evil LUL.
Oct 19, 2017 10:22 PM

Aug 2013
Kittens-kun said:
GangsterCat said:
that's a nice excuse for bad acting "it's bad because it's intended to be bad!" lol

Just admit your stupidity for once.

This is GangsterCat you're talking about. All he does is act like a shit posting troll. For whatever reason MAL just turns a blind eye to it.
Oct 19, 2017 10:28 PM

Sep 2011
That was actually genuinely really unnerving to watch, the way the voice acting is so downplayed made it feel way more disturbing than if the actors were overacting. The directing in the show seems pretty on point and seeing its got the duo of tiger and bunny's director and the mob psycho/death parade director(episode director but thats still a important role) that would explain alot for why the tone just feels so on point

I'm sure the manga has issues given its from the gantz creator, but the production team seems like they will be able to make the best of it.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 19, 2017 10:30 PM

Aug 2013
Well that was fuckin dark. While little sociopath is out murdering entire families, Inuyashiki is still being completely useless.
Oct 19, 2017 10:33 PM
Feb 2017
I've noticed something with these 2 episodes. I initially feel rather irritated with the voice acting both for Inuyashiki then Hiro. But then, the episodes just kick into high gear and I completely forget about it. That is awesome.

Still, I am not liking the fact that Hiro is a main focus. I find the his voice absolutely terrible. So much so that I couldn't take the first kill seriously. I hope I can get used to it.

At least I now like Inuyashiki's voice so we'll see what happens. ^_^
Oct 19, 2017 10:49 PM

Aug 2010
Wow its been quite a while since I've felt genuine dread watching anything. That scene where Inuyashiki was on the way trying to save the girl hearing the girl's every single terrifying moment, getting delayed by a bus and hearing her last, just hit me so hard. Fucking intense and unnerving.

Don't even say that this is what most teenage boys would do with this power, that is just inaccurate. Not everyone is a murderous psychopath.
Oct 19, 2017 11:26 PM
Jul 2015
Really dislike Hiro, such a shame. His VA isn't doing a good job and god if his motives are what it seems like they are, then he'll be a boring ass villain.
Oct 20, 2017 12:10 AM

May 2016
Wow, that was really something but I never thought he could kill a family just for knowing if he feels.
Oct 20, 2017 12:42 AM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
Eden2307 said:
I love this autistic antagonist that kills people and always talks about One Piece. You can't get more relatable than liking the best series ever. He even shits on his creator's work, lol. I wish I was his friend, Andou doesn't deserve such a bro.

When did they ever say that Hiro is autistic?
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Oct 20, 2017 12:55 AM

Oct 2008
This is the true AOTS!
damn! that was pure EVIL! Hiro Shishigami.
About time Ichirou appeared! but he was to late!
Damn! I wonder how would they clash!?
This episode is really for mentally deranged psychopaths serial killer who just randomly picked any family he wants to victimize. Very unlucky poor family!? shits really gone real here!
5/5!

Oct 20, 2017 1:00 AM
Mar 2015
GangsterCat said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:
^Basically this

Japanese voice acting in anime almost never sound like how Japanese people talk in real life. This anime is trying to replicate the non-exaggerated style Japanese people normally speak in, by using live-action actors as voice actors.

It's not even bad. I dont know what you are babling about.
Oct 20, 2017 1:30 AM

Oct 2015
Gotta give some credit to the VA, he make Hiro looked like a psychopath rather than a edgy kid potrayed in the manga. Why are people hating on the VA anyway, it sound pretty good for this kind of anime.
Oct 20, 2017 1:37 AM

Feb 2013
kyoudai said:
Eden2307 said:

When did they ever say that Hiro is autistic?
I may have taken some creative liberties with my description due to how funny I found his behavior.
Oct 20, 2017 1:40 AM
Aug 2017
This villain character (Hiro) reminds me of Light from death note. They kind of have some similarities. I am eagerly waiting for the next episode.

This is getting quite interesting.
Oct 20, 2017 1:44 AM

Apr 2015
damn... that was good...
really like the characters design though, i thought this anime made by Mad House

Hiro looks like Yagami from death note.. lol
i thought his VA is Mamoru too...

it's the first time i see a kid die in anime though... so many blood...
hope Hiro doesn't kill his best friend though...

oh, do you like One piece?? *bang*
Oct 20, 2017 1:55 AM
Aug 2013
that guy likes one piece but hates gantz lul no wonder he is a psychopath
Sanity... what would I do with a useless thing like that?
Oct 20, 2017 2:32 AM

May 2017
Holy mother of AOTS

Not AOTS?

BANG!!
Oct 20, 2017 3:00 AM

Mar 2014
The OP is lit, like I said it's one of those that grows on you.

Hiro. Shit man what a psychopath.Too bad that Ichirou didn't arrive in time to at least save the girl. Not that this was his fault, obviously. On a side note, the Gantz references were too funny.

The build up was very good. Great episode.
Oct 20, 2017 3:05 AM

Jan 2015
So this time is about another another people that got turn into non-Human and mostly become the "villain".
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 20, 2017 3:13 AM

Jan 2016
I'm in pain while watching this. I feel really bad for the people he killed. Inuyashiki better beat the crap out of him ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Anyway, based from the ED(which is great btw), it seems like there will be a love interest for Hiro. I hope it won't turn out to be a corny love story ;-;
Oct 20, 2017 3:24 AM

Jul 2017
that's a hell of cliffhanger
Truly a conflict between the old n young man with their proper abilities and find the true emotions for them

PROBABLY BEST SEASONAL ANIME THIS FALL ???
HYPE FOR THE FIGHT XD
Oct 20, 2017 3:34 AM

Jan 2013
So this how One Piece fans eventually turn out? *just kidding...

I like to see the old man get more screen time from here on out since Hiro is pretty much established. I also thought the acting was rough but I too pondered that the director was going for realism here with real people. I'm probably wrong here tho hopefully Hiro's actor gets a bit better as the episode goes along. The old man is just right to my ears.
Oct 20, 2017 4:04 AM
Apr 2017
So much blood in one episode lol
Also lots of
BANG!
That's a really poor family getting slaughter by a psychopath
Hiro is a villain we deserve,and Inuyashiki is my Favorite MC this season so far
Also glad we got Inuyashiki screentime
Oct 20, 2017 4:11 AM

Nov 2012
Girl: Are my father and little brother dead too?
Hiro: What does that matter?We were talking about One Piece.

lmao

Hiro is kinda edgy but regain a bit of my interest in this show because of him,also like his seiyuu which sounds kinds like Miyano Mamoru.
Oct 20, 2017 4:19 AM

May 2012
Thats was so brutal. Most disturbing episode I have seen in this year
Oct 20, 2017 5:37 AM
Oct 2016
Horror aside, the killing scene was damn realistic - especially the father's reaction, and how the child ended up smothered to death. Also I think it really says something about how plebian inuyaishiki's character is when he waits dutifully behind the traffic even though there's someone screaming for help; he obviously still sees himself as more of a good-hearted bystander than a hero. Love the VA tbh, it works with the theme I think.
Oct 20, 2017 6:01 AM

Apr 2017
>Who's your favorite character?

Best line ever

Nani fcking sore?.. That's so cliche

You sh*tty ripoff Spike
-HippySnob-Oct 20, 2017 6:12 AM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Oct 20, 2017 6:02 AM
Oct 2016
This anime will be interesting. Was anyone else just interested in what Shishigami would do next? I was not really disturbed.
grotesque_figureOct 20, 2017 6:07 AM
Oct 20, 2017 6:09 AM
Apr 2016
ThRippJck said:

Don't even say that this is what most teenage boys would do with this power, that is just inaccurate. Not everyone is a murderous psychopath.

No one said "most". Had it been true, the world would be way, way less harmonious place we know it as. But "They" exist, and "They" are not two decadent adolescents without proper moral values (whether rejected or not educated on, wonder which is worse). They lie dormant behind the everyday society until the moment to... to do *anything* presents itself. Knowing that those mad, deeply troubled with the existence itself beings walk amongst humanity - this is a problem that has to be addressed. And better sooner than later. Japan is probably EVIDENTLY the most affected place, in this sense. What the teenagers commit (committed, will have committed) there surpasses basic crime - it is pure insanity.
And to note, I was observing the house scene with, I believe, a blank face. I guess... I guess I was already prepared for such things to happen. No reason, no logic, he just did it because he could. Outside the borders of human comprehension.
Re:formed
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

159 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 17, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2017

330 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 17, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2017

392 by TokyoGhoulRemake »»
Apr 17, 3:18 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

392 by Softhenic03 »»
Feb 18, 7:57 AM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2017

178 by Softhenic03 »»
Feb 18, 6:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.