Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jul 31, 2015 2:50 PM

Dec 2011
JUSTICE.
Jul 31, 2015 5:29 PM

Feb 2010
Takuan_Soho said:
Why, I don't know, but your own words expose you. Here is a simple question, do you doubt Singapore's murder rate? Iceland? Or even the UK, France, or Italy? Nope. You are doubting Japan specifically, and that is where judgment comes into question.

I am not doubting Japan specifically, I even gave you the statistics of unemployment in the US. I really enjoy debating with you but you have to be consistent in the way you argue instead of assuming things I have not said. I also said you get the numbers you look for and that statistics are not always your friend.

Takuan_Soho said:
A true skeptic would be equally skeptical of all statistics, you are not, you are particular about your skepticism, which both requires a judgment to be made (Japan's statistics are lies, but not the UK or France), and this is where you cease to be skeptical.

I really think you should look over the definition of scepticism. We are discussing an anime with a story in Japan, with a flawed legal system and someone (you) posted an article with Japan having all time low murder rate for 11 years. Why would I start to show my scepticism about the murder rate of all countries? I gave some examples because you kept telling me I'm delusional not sceptical. Do you have an issue with me being sceptical of the low murder rate of Japan? Is it a fact that cannot be questioned?

Takuan_Soho said:
What you have stated is not "doubt", but a statement of what you believe to be true, which requires a judgment.

Why don't you quote everything? What about the part where I said it could be the same or higher? How can I make a judgement without knowing the exact situation? I am doubting something based on personal experience, I can be wrong so no, it is not what I believe to be true. Again, how do you know it is something I believe to be true? Delusional assumption.

Takuan_Soho said:
Yes, universal, which means that it applies equally to all countries and thus is meaningless to this discussion because it says nothing about Japan in particular.

Fair enough.

Takuan_Soho said:
Minami-Nan said:
In Japan, I saw an intergeneration fracture, the old, the adult and the young are not as connected as other Asian countries.

Another judgment based on your belief, see, you are not as skeptical as you think!

It was an observation so it has nothing to do with being sceptical. And how would you know how sceptical I think I am? You on the contrary is making a judgement that my observation is based on my belief. We may not see the same things my friend.

Takuan_Soho said:
Minami-Nan said:
And please explain when a person taking care of an old lady starts to think about putting her in a locker. Again, let me doubt your hypothesis.

When they have to figure out a way to bury her after she died. Burial in Japan is expense, coin lockers are not. But again you are drawing one example and trying to make it universal. No one denies that Japan has murders (939 last year), this could be one of them, but it says nothing towards your strange delusion that there are 100's of unreported murders happening every year in Japan.

Again, read more carefully. What is universal is people being socially isolated which to you is irrelevant to this discussion. I never said putting old ladies in lockers is universal. I did draw an example but I did not make it universal. Also, it seems logical for you that someone taking care of an old lady puts her in locker after she died to avoid paying for a burial. Seriously, I fail to see the logic here. Who says the person caring for her has to pay for burial expenses? But thank you, because if what you say is plausible, then my observation of intergeneration fracture would make sense otherwise no one would make such a disrespectful act of putting someone who died in a locker instead of giving a proper burial no matter how expensive.

I also dare you to quote me saying that there are 100's of unreported murders happening every year in Japan. If you go back to my original post, I said a low murder rate might have something to do with unrecorded murder cases which is very different from your assumptions.

Takuan_Soho said:
Minami-Nan said:
My personal opinion is that it is easier to kill and get away with murder in an urban area than in the countryside. Japan has the city with the highest density of population for an urban area, how does that help keeping a low murder rate?

Thin walls, lots of eyes, lots of cameras, lots of police (on every corner), difficultly of disposing the bodies.

I agree with you. However, these are not specific to Japan. I would like to know how the murder rate is still different with other countries. The UK, lots of police, no harmful objects allowed, lots of surveillance (possibly the best in Europe)... I wouldn't know about body disposal. Yet, different murder rates. I'm sure many other factors can explain it.

Takuan_Soho said:
Kagami's overworking is not why his sister died. His sister died because the writer, banging on the only plot idea he seems to have had another serial killer be released unsupervised and he targeted Kagami's sister. All your babbling about "overworked society" wouldn't have prevented that from happening.

I don't care how his sister died. And my babbling on overworked society is about how it helps murderers. As I said before, isolated targets are easier to kill than someone surrounded by a group or with someone else.

Maybe I should have started with the reason why I found it to be the best episode. Unlike the previous ones, this one had a more serious tone which I believe is more adapted to a story full of murders. Also the transition of Kagami and his thoughts were well delivered. I knew from the start that his sister would die just like the cute little girl before. It did not change the fact that it was more enjoyable FOR ME, I consider it the best episode so far.
You can criticise the episode all you want. Call it unoriginal, unrealistic, predictable. Originality is not necessary if you enjoy the genre. If I wanted realism, I would not watch a show where murders are committed every episode just like in Detective Conan or Kindaichi. As long as the story has a certain level of coherence, I'm fine with it. And I like vigilantism, it's as predictable as Batman.
Jul 31, 2015 5:29 PM

Jun 2014
I am so glad that the child killing bastard got his due judgement in this episode!

I also can't fault Kagami for becoming Twenty Faces knowing that his sister was killed by a serial killer that kept getting off on an insanity plea!

Man these stories are messed up, but I'm enjoying the psychological aspect of them!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Jul 31, 2015 6:56 PM
Jul 2015
Takuan_Soho said:
chesireneko said:
As Takuan_Soho and i have agreed in the ep4 topic (about the unresolved things and their "might be epic" revelations in further episodes, and to quote directly from his post in ep4's thread, "merely parts of a greater mystery that will encompass everything that we have seen"), i think it could be agreed upon that what akechi is doing is linked to further episodes.

If that was the case then there should have been something this episode which moved the plot forward, but unfortunately there wasn't. That is part of my disappointment, any hope that I had was crushed by this poorly written, repetitive, humorless, melodramatic episode.

There actually is. Despite, to quote directly from you, "an entire episode whose only purpose was to show the girl get mutilated", there was actually this couple of minutes at the end where shadow dude killed the fatass. Hahaha. I was not bothered at the entire episode which has "the sole intention on showing us the girl get mutilated" though. I am just bothered how the characters were very passive in this episode. Some only said one sentence lol.

Just accept it dude. Thats how ranpo kitan works. If it bothers you, just drop it.

Quoting from my same post you partly quoted:

chesireneko said:
Once again, this is just an anime. Some things need to happen for the plot to move on, however unrealistic you may find them to be. How good it moves on depends on the writer(s) though. Just dont hate it too much after loving it the same way.

Yep, said it.

Takuan_Soho said:
And it insults an average person's intelligence. If the writing is consistent, then Kagami should be released next episode. He is "obviously" insane (coming up with creative ways to kill 17 people in a week is not the actions of a normal person), and therefore he should be freed so he can kill again. But of course that won't happen, because the writing sucks.

As for the writing consistency, i think we have different views on this. But i'll just keep my view to myself, cause each one of everyone has different views, and just trying to make them see as i would be a pain in the ass espescially if they hold on to what they see and believe very strongly.

Minami-Nan said:
Takuan_Soho said:

What you have stated is not "doubt", but a statement of what you believe to be true, which requires a judgment.

Why don't you quote everything? What about the part where I said it could be the same or higher? How can I make a judgement without knowing the exact situation? I am doubting something based on personal experience, I can be wrong so no, it is not what I believe to be true. Again, how do you know it is something I believe to be true? Delusional assumption.

Totally agree with you. *hi5*
chesirenekoJul 31, 2015 7:00 PM
Jul 31, 2015 8:14 PM

Jul 2012
This was certainly the best episode yet! That being said, I am not sure if that is a good or bad thing considering I am not even sure why I am still watching this series other than weekly boredom. This episode was so nice and normal that is contrasts the others well. Kagami got more backstory and development than any other character so far, wow. When are the others going to get anything? What happened to his sister was predictable yeah, but that didn't make it any less awful to see it happen. It was much more gruesome than I thought it would be, poor girl. Plots like that you can always see coming from a mile away but it always still hurts.

Hopefully the rest of the series follows this type of episode rather than the first few.
Jul 31, 2015 8:32 PM

Oct 2012
I gotta admit I really enjoyed watching this episode (or this arc, rather). It really impacted me-- I know that if something like that happened to someone in my family, I would probably react in a very similar way (obviously failing at it cuz I'm s0 weak boiz). We also got a nice setup-- 20 faces isn't just 1 peson (though the original 1 is probably going to show up sooner or later), but rather, a group of people who agree with his ideology. That's nice.

I agree with baffledprince: I hope the show continues on this line, and leaves the silly comedy behind.
Jul 31, 2015 9:08 PM

Feb 2015

Don't care what anyone says but I think Kagami's actions were right.
Just wish he was more careful about it.

Best part. That ugly fat f*ck finally got what he deserved.
Should have happened a lot sooner.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2015 9:37 PM

Oct 2013
CookingPriest said:
Very emotional and great episode.

We found out Kagami's motivation and what happened to his sister, as well as getting some very nice commentary about justice system in japan, especially the mental illness treatment procedures that were altered in 2005 reform(look up on the internet, what is covered in this episode is very much real problem, highlighting the problems of mental rehabilitation facilities in japan and japanese justice system overly reliant on confessions above all ).

It gives us nice psychological profile to Kagami and showcases how he was inspired to take up 20 Faces Mask and how it connects to Akechi as well as establishing the whole 20 Faces being multiple people idea(as opposite of him impersonating multiple people in original novels)

Overall quite a beautiful study of ineptness of justice and court system as well as what drives people towards vigilantism.

5/5

I liked this episode a lot. kagami wasn't insane. just I like how different sides of justice were shown.

I always wonder too, what can the law protect... something needs to be done without just classifying as tragedy.
Jul 31, 2015 9:50 PM

Apr 2010
This show has a good premise but the execution is poor. I felt nothing for Kagami and his loss, they just didn't do enough to make you feel anything. Felt more like attempted cheap feels than anything. Gonna drop this, every episode makes me feel the same thing, and even though everybody keeps saying it's getting better, I don't see it at all. Ah well, I tried.
Aug 1, 2015 1:39 AM

Feb 2014
Can this series be anymore cruel? I hate my life for watching this.
Aug 1, 2015 3:16 AM
Jun 2015
Takuan_Soho said:

JewellTH said:
Well, the evil one depends on your beliefs.

What would you call someone who releases several mass murderer into society unmonitored (lardy was sure unmonitored this episode and was looking to kill again) just to catch a vigilante who kills said murderers be if not evil? I patiently await your response.

That has nothing to do with the subject. I actually think Akechi's gonna be an evil mother fooker(Don't mind that, my friend got me addicted to that word) The person said "Kagami is right", you then said "that makes Akechi evil" so it depends on what you believe. Is it right to punish criminals by giving them a taste of their own medicine, or would that make you the real criminal? What Akechi did with the pedo guy has nothing to do with what we were talking about.
Aug 1, 2015 4:10 AM
Aug 2015
Ohhh my I got feels right now o____o
Great episode .. It looks like more people are going to use the name of Twenty faces to served justice.

This unexpected events makes me exited for the next episode :D
Aug 1, 2015 5:45 AM
Jul 2015
I feel bad for Kagami's little sister, having won the Silver Prize and then killed by that fatty..
Bleh, I'm glad fatty got killed. He got what he deserved after all those things he had done.
Just my opinion-
Aug 1, 2015 6:14 AM
Jun 2013
This is too cruel after seeing his sister dead. It was very depressed episode i ever seen in anime. Actually, it's good episode with good story but i hated this episode because of way of his sister died. His sister is too cute to died like that, she hard worker And i really loved her character. So tragic fate
Aug 1, 2015 6:16 AM

Mar 2013
This series is pretty shit but still a somewhat enjoyable trainwreck, the justice system in this series is pretty darn retarded and while I know that things like this happen where will claim insanity to justify their crimes, I cant help but find it hard to believe how any of these criminals would be released so easily after what they did.
Aug 1, 2015 7:30 AM

Nov 2011
Apart from their messed up Justice this was a pretty good ep.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Aug 1, 2015 8:18 AM
Jun 2013
This episode is worst than shingeki no kyojin, tokyo ghoul, parasyte, akame ga kill!, and shigatsu wa kimi no uso anime. I never watching this again. It's too real and stessful(it'll make me bald)ㅠ.ㅠ
Aug 1, 2015 9:20 AM

Mar 2008
Finally that uber fat psycho predatory murder gets exterminated. I laughed at his death.

No way could the Japanese legal system be that bad lol Its bad but not that horrible.
Aug 1, 2015 9:28 AM

Jul 2014
Who was Sunaga (the last guy Kagami was talking about)?
Aug 1, 2015 9:42 AM

Dec 2014
About this episode ...
It was so previsible and yet so painful. :( :(
Aug 1, 2015 10:36 AM

Jul 2007
LegnaOnFire said:
Who was Sunaga (the last guy Kagami was talking about)?

The tongue guy who goaded them and whom Kagami almost shot.
Aug 1, 2015 10:53 AM
Jun 2013
ok episode. a bit too much drama to make the audience feel bad for the characters. but if law is truly about justice then twelve faces is the right one. Every criminal should suffer the same thing as their victims.
Aug 1, 2015 10:58 AM

Jan 2015
this series gets better each episode
Aug 1, 2015 11:10 AM

Mar 2012
Anyone have a name for the song near the end '18:30-21:00' ?
Aug 1, 2015 11:30 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Wildly exaggerated episode that extremely skews criminal psychology by selectively only presenting highly biased and overly dramatized cases and purposely put young little girls as victims (come on, really? we had enough in the last few episodes...).

Panaru said:
The fact that nearly every episode leaves me seething in anger is a good thing.

You see, that's the problem with this series. Instead of focusing on mystery it focuses too much on the drama and artificially playing with the viewers emotion. Hard to explain how all the criminals appearing in this later arc are pure one-dimensional evil characters. If this is meant to be a satire, then it really failed. I can give it the benefit of doubt but question the motive behind this setup. (I mean, I have read MPD Psycho and Psychometer Eiji so I'm familiar with similar genre so I can accept the settings but the motive behind the narrative in MPD and Eiji are completely different)

The first case in the first episodes, despite being a bit too simple, was actually good compared to the later ones so far. Hopefully we will see an improvement in the coming arc. This arc was a big letdown.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 1, 2015 3:25 PM
Jul 2018
Best episode so far for me, it was awesome. The look on Kagami's face before becoming 20 faces was heartbreaking and perfectly animated. I'm so glad that his sister's killer got exactly what he deserved and I loved the stabbing scene in the end since fatso deserved it too but I would've loved to see him be tortured before it or die the way Kagami intended to kill him last time.

Two things I want to know so far:

1) Who is the 20 faces Akechi is searching for and what did he do?
2) Why does Nakamura walk like that? Always hunched and hugging himself. Could be a design only thing now that I think about it but it's still weird.
Aug 1, 2015 5:07 PM

Sep 2014
I feel like this show is a bit underrated.
Aug 1, 2015 10:09 PM

Sep 2014
I sorta liked this episode though. Mostly cause we didn't have that shitty trap of a MC and his supposedly gay assistant. But yeah, I'm guessing the Anime'll be back to being bad soon.
Aug 2, 2015 1:17 AM

May 2010
Jonesy974 said:
Very much THIS!

What broke my heart was the tragedy that Kagami had to deal with. Had to feel for the poor guy. In the end he turned into a remorseless monster, committing such a slow and sick torture on the bastard which used it originally to kill the little sister. But Kagami did not become heartless which is why he did something so cruel. And that's what made me cry at the end. The feels were real.

And of course, it was expected that the sister would die, or rather that she was already dead. But that was a strength and not a weakness of the story imo. It created a foreboding sense of impending doom. Knowing her death was coming, every time you see her, so innocent and cheerful, and working hard towards her dream and to support her brother. That's what made it emotional. If her death came as a surprise, there would've just been a sudden moment of shock instead.
Aug 2, 2015 6:15 AM

Jan 2011
I was so sick of seeing that fat fuck.
Aug 2, 2015 6:23 AM
Jun 2015
LightTsunami said:

XD 1++++++++++++++++
Aug 2, 2015 7:16 AM
Aug 2015
What's the English song when kagami went berserk knowing her sister was killed ?
Aug 2, 2015 7:44 AM

Mar 2009
Feels a lot like Psycho Pass all of a sudden with all the crazy murders.
Liked this ep a lot although no shota ass *sadface*.
Aug 2, 2015 8:06 AM
Jan 2014
Anyone complaining that Akechi is so "evil" failed to realise this series had already established him as a selfish, apathetic bastard from early on.

He basically solves crimes for fun. He ignores crimes that are not interesting to him even though it may save a lot of lives. He's so antisocial and indifferent to human suffering it's not even funny.

While I too would love to see him get his comeuppance in the end (I sincerely hope so), the word "evil" is the furthest thing from his character.
Aug 2, 2015 10:11 AM
Oct 2012
[quote=PointyThingy]Anyone complaining that Akechi is so "evil" failed to realise this series had already established him as a selfish, apathetic bastard from early on./quote]

Being selfish and apathetic does not make you "evil". Being "antisocial" and "indifferent" to human suffering does not make one evil (and you are wrong, he obviously isn't "indifferent", he should have left subduing Mr Lard to the police, but he beat the guy up to the point of hurting himself because he was pissed).

PointyThingy said:
While I too would love to see him get his comeuppance in the end (I sincerely hope so), the word "evil" is the furthest thing from his character.

While some theologians say that "thoughts" by themselves can be evil, I disagree. For me "actions" are needed to be evil. Akechi freed several mass murderers to catch Kagami, he exposed innocent people to great risk (as shown last episode and this episode - nothing suggested that the police would have stopped Mr. Lard from getting his girls) just because he wanted to catch Kagami. No matter what morality one ascribes to, risking innocent lives to catch someone who is not a risk to innocent lives is wrong. It's why the police are NOT allowed to fire indiscriminately into a crowd to catch a criminal.

One can perhaps forgive police officers for acting on reflex, their actions would be wrong, but not evil, however Akechi had time to think about it and then decided to act. That is what makes him evil.

JewellTH said:
That has nothing to do with the subject. I actually think Akechi's gonna be an evil mother fooker

I said earlier that it would be great IF Akechi was evil. But nothing suggests that the writer is going that way, or if he does, that this episode will have any part in it. If so there should have been some more foreshadowing. No, at best what we may get is Akechi breaking and turning into Kagami, or something more like Akechi IS 20 faces and is merely taking out the copycats. But even if that were what happens, this episode really didn't add to those plotlines (3 and 4 had all the information).

While, possibilities are there, my disappointment was that this poorly written episode suggests that we just have a poor writer who has to rely on emotional pandering to engage the audience.

JewellTH said:
The person said "Kagami is right", you then said "that makes Akechi evil" so it depends on what you believe. Is it right to punish criminals by giving them a taste of their own medicine, or would that make you the real criminal? What Akechi did with the pedo guy has nothing to do with what we were talking about.

Its not that black and white. Justice is a social compact between the individual and the government. In return for receiving protection from the state and the promise that the state will impose a proportionate punishment on the criminal, the individual surrenders his right to revenge. As long as the government, even if there are occasional mistakes, upholds its end of the bargain, then an individual should abide by it, and vigilantism is illegal (not necessarily immoral, but illegal). However when the state does not uphold its end of the compact - and that was what was shown this episode - then the compact is off and the right to revenge returns to the people and vigilantism becomes a right.

Akechi's "evilness" is only in context to the lack of justice this show has shown. His releasing greater criminals to catch a lesser criminal (and I think we all agree that people who murder innocent children are worse than people murder those who murder little children), is both wrong and immoral. People seem to have a hang up with the word "evil", but that is what his actions in the way this episode explained events would be.
Takuan_SohoAug 2, 2015 10:30 AM
Aug 2, 2015 4:50 PM

Mar 2014
Hmm I wonder if we'll ever find out who the original Twenty Faces was. Also, can someone explain the symbolism behind the butterflies?
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Aug 2, 2015 5:45 PM
Dec 2012
PointyThingy said:
Anyone complaining that Akechi is so "evil" failed to realise this series had already established him as a selfish, apathetic bastard from early on.

He basically solves crimes for fun. He ignores crimes that are not interesting to him even though it may save a lot of lives. He's so antisocial and indifferent to human suffering it's not even funny.

In the original books, he went insane and become the man with 20 faces. To a certain extent, you can say he is the man with 20 faces. He has a split personality which is why he is taking those medicines.

Either way this series is realistic. It's actually a great anime. A lot of people here has been complaining about the loli victims, this is a direct attack on Japanese society. Japan has serious problem with serialization of children (Which should be stopped) especially in Anime/Manga.

The fat guy probably rape that girl, mutilate her before killing her.

Reality is more sickening than imagination.
Aug 3, 2015 4:27 AM

Nov 2014
This was the only decent episode so far tbh
kill yourself
Aug 3, 2015 9:25 AM
Jan 2014
@Takuan_Soho

That is just your interpretation. The way I see it he took action because he was 100% sure he could subdue the criminal quickly at minimum risk. He injured himself only because he didn't expect him to be so freakishly durable.

Since you brought up social contract I assume you were quoting John Locke. If so, then your argument is flawed and by your own definition Akechi is an agent of good and his actions cannot be classified as evil. John Locke was talking specifically about revolution against governments, not law enforcement. In fact, he wrote against vigilantism, for the obvious reason. Social contract works only when all members of the society are required to abide by them without exception. If any segment within society can pick and choose which laws they follow, law would become meaningless, and by extension, the order enforced by that social contract. If you view the case from this lens, then the police's and Akechi's action is not only understandable, but also correct. They release a dangerous criminal (at zero risk because he is under surveillance), in order to capture a vigilante and by doing so, protected the social contract against a greater threat. The analogy would be cases in America justice where the state may enter a plea bargain and agree to drop charges against a criminal in return for information that will lead to capture of a more dangerous criminal. This result in a greater justice that benefit the whole society more than prosecuting the smaller criminal would bring. In that view, what Akechi did was good, and thus he is good.

That is, if we follow your argument.

My point was that he cannot be described simply as good or evil. His motive has always been self-interest. His actions, while arguably good, are counter-balanced by his implied inactions. That's why I wrote he is a selfish, apathetic bastard, but not evil. He clearly does not fit the definition.
Aug 3, 2015 10:13 AM
Jan 2014
ryuixyui said:
PointyThingy said:

In the original books, he went insane and become the man with 20 faces. To a certain extent, you can say he is the man with 20 faces. He has a split personality which is why he is taking those medicines.

Either way this series is realistic. It's actually a great anime. A lot of people here has been complaining about the loli victims, this is a direct attack on Japanese society. Japan has serious problem with serialization of children (Which should be stopped) especially in Anime/Manga.

The fat guy probably rape that girl, mutilate her before killing her.

Reality is more sickening than imagination.

ACK! Spoiler!

Well, anime tends to stupidly over exaggerate on many things so I always take it with a pinch of salt. The killing of lolis is quite possibly the most overused plot device to garner cheap feels from the audience so I kinda grew desensitised to it by now.
Aug 3, 2015 2:51 PM

Aug 2015
Barion-Zara said:

F*** the Law!! 20 faces and Kagami FTW!!!!

I felt so satisfied seeing that fat bastard Watanube getting stabbed the hell out of!!!

The law sucks ass for releasing all those mentally sick criminals

+1 :
Yeah f*ck the Law!!
Ara Ara~
Aug 3, 2015 2:55 PM

May 2014
Well from what I can see from all the threads, people either really like this series or hates it. I personally find it enjoyable.
Oscar and Andre deserved better
Aug 4, 2015 1:34 AM

Jun 2009
ryuixyui said:

What books are you talking about mate?
If you are talking about the books written by Ranpo then you are lying, since 20 Faces is

Ranpo's original 20 Faces also never wanted to kill anybody. He has much more in common with this animes Shadow Man character, who again is nothing like Ranpo's original character.
It's interesting what they are doing with him, but so far there is really no connection beyond them using names and some vague concepts from the original novel.

Yes, the continuous publication of children should really be stopped...what do you even mean with "serialization of children"?

And if this anime wanted to actually comment in any way, then they would have to delve further into actual motivations, motives, and establish some characters...so far the only established character is Kagami, who we are basically told has a perfectly valid reason for his vigilantism.
I might be more lenient with this if it wasn't so obviously pulling at Otaku-viewers heart strings, with making the victims cute girls and all. If they actually wanted to go into social commentary, how about murders among old people, among couples, among divorces, attacks committed by minors...but that wouldn't sell as well, so we have to settle.
Waiting for: God Eater (PSP)

私が、探偵だからよ。
Aug 4, 2015 2:10 AM

Feb 2010
seizonsha said:
And if this anime wanted to actually comment in any way, then they would have to delve further into actual motivations, motives, and establish some characters...so far the only established character is Kagami, who we are basically told has a perfectly valid reason for his vigilantism..

I agree with you on Kagami having a perfectly valid reason for vigilantism. Would you think that what he is doing is right ? As much as I like Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky and Batman the craziest vigilante, he should have stayed Kagami-chan like his colleague said.
Aug 4, 2015 3:41 AM
Jun 2015
wondered why so many people hatin' on this anime ? this anime seems is decent ..
Aug 4, 2015 4:40 AM

Jan 2014
Why is that people who seems like something great happen to them, a horrible fate is bestowed upon them?! Such as the case with Sachiko and now Kagami's little sister. She finally got noticed and her dress was silver prize! How would you feel when you rarely interacted with someone you care about because of a job then decide to congratulate them on a recent accomplishment that they worked hard for only for that to vanish!?! I liked the first and second episodes but now it's just showing innocent people dying. Like it gives you hope and makes you happy that something good happen to them only for it to lead to death. If I was Kagami, I would follow the same path. I'll be like Dexter Morgan. Why does it seem like psychiatric hospitals are to blame for the last 2 episodes? They're giving these murderers privileges because of "insanity"!! Murderers who are clearly abusing the system and getting away with it. That fat bastard should've deserved more than a stabbing. He should've met the same fate as Sunaga. This and the last pissed me off! Ugh!
Cxrl_12Aug 7, 2015 8:06 AM
Aug 5, 2015 3:38 AM

Jan 2008
So yeah, well done, original 20Faces. And good luck, next 20Faces. I can't see anything wrong with what Kagami did. Give the man a medal and set up the 20 Faces Investigation Squad. Let's see if anyone want to commit murder when the punishment is being melted.
Aug 5, 2015 10:51 AM

Jul 2009
I understand Kagami's reasons, but I am sad it was him and also for what happened to his sister, and it sucks that the system many times it's like that in some places...
Glad the Sachiko's killer got killed!
Aug 5, 2015 11:25 AM

Feb 2011
Really liked this episode. For some reason I felt Kagami was going to become a 'bad' guy from the series' start, but I've got to admit this made me tear up a bit. I'm quite glad there wasn't as much Kobayashi as previous eps, he kind of gets on my nerves lol.
The "present" is a leaf floating on top of the river. It moves along with the flow from past to future. - Okabe Rintaro, Stein;s Gate

Caedes
Aug 5, 2015 2:04 PM

May 2011
I'd kill those who released the criminals. They're the ones at fault for such crimes to be repeated imo.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

146 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 11:47 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

70 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 10:45 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

137 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 8:06 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2015

206 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 6:58 AM

Poll: » Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2015

326 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 4, 2023 6:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.